Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Grim posted:

i think its p funny when people talk about 5e being bad because design as if 1) they're experts whose opinion on such things anyone should give a poo poo about 2) D&D is worth taking seriously

5e is bad because it's D&D but as usual it's v fun, if you want to play a good game instead don't play D&D

interesting. i, conversly, am not a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Ferrinus posted:

*conversely

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
thanks

Such is Plutonis
Apr 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

:iamafag:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

oops, just noticed that my post should have read "conversely". sorry, everyone, i let you down

Dec 26, 2012

Grim posted:

i think its p funny when people talk about 5e being bad because design as if 1) they're experts whose opinion on such things anyone should give a poo poo about 2) D&D is worth taking seriously

5e is bad because it's D&D but as usual it's v fun, if you want to play a good game instead don't play D&D

and why dont THEY make a roleplaying game anyway and see how they like it!!!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
i did make my own roleplaying game, it was called the Dmillion System. it was terrible, i burned all my notes. your move Mearls.

Such is Plutonis
Apr 25, 2011

Down With People posted:

plutonis who's that in your av

look at this nigga who never played kof

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Such is Plutonis posted:

look at this nigga who never played kof

Sounds gay, just like your posts.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Kof is Good, dont be a chump

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
kof stands for 'king of freighters' which is a popular nickname for eve online

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
didn't even play ikari warriors, shameful

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

01011001 posted:

and why dont THEY make a roleplaying game anyway and see how they like it!!!
making up rules for a roleplaying game is a waste of time, they'd be better of finding a game that wasn't so stupid and playing that instead of complaining "b...but senpai, the math!"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Grim posted:

making up rules for a roleplaying game is a waste of time, they'd be better of finding a game that wasn't so stupid and playing that instead of complaining "b...but senpai, the math!"

Why are 5e haters weeabos now?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

senpai has noticed you. run while you can

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Attorney at Funk posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

lesbian baphomet posted:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Attorney at Funk posted:

I kind of wish there was an anime mod for Five Nights at Freddies now.

Such is Plutonis
Apr 25, 2011
i brutally and insanelly beat shmucks on the arcade with galactica phantoms and argentine backbreakers

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All the arcades and hobby shops near me closed, even the one in the Palasades mall..

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

LongDarkNight posted:

i did make my own roleplaying game, it was called the Dmillion System. it was terrible, i burned all my notes. your move Mearls.

Mearls doesn't need to burn his notes. He has people that hate 4th edition to do that for him.

Such is Plutonis
Apr 25, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Mearls doesn't need to burn his notes. He has people that hate 4th edition to do that for him.

might as well douse you and gasoline and lit her up :D

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
It's interesting how you've got goons who assume other people are knowledgeable, and ones that assume other people are functionally retarded, and a clear correlation between this and quality of posting, once we correct for outliers like Ferrinus.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
who loving made grappling rules for 3.x

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Lamebot posted:

who loving made grappling rules for 3.x

Hitler.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

http://youtu.be/sbbqMoEwDqc?t=2m

French people seem to hate grappling rules, so probably hitler.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

You have taken an rpg and distilled all the rules into "ask your dm"

Mearls bows his head and quits rpg development for good. He could never match your genius.

Dec 26, 2012

hitler did nothing wrong though and the 3.x grappling rules are clearly wrong

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

01011001 posted:

hitler did nothing wrong though and the 3.x grappling rules are clearly wrong

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
the 3.x grappling rules are actually great because they incentivize peacemaking rather than actually using them. if only all the combat rules were like that.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

a curious game, the only winning move is not to play - a bad game designer trying not to get fired

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grim posted:

"fun" is a meaningless metric that has no place in the discussion about the quality of a game

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Stymie posted:

"fun" is a meaningless metric that has no place in the discussion about the quality of a game

it's actually the only metric.

Dec 26, 2012

Stymie posted:

quotin a stymie post

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nihnoz posted:

i imagine it is for some people, but as it has no rigor or measurability it has no value and should not be considered when analyzing a game's quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Nihnoz posted:

imperial forever you eurofags

• Locked thread