Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones

The Lighter Side of Shopping (MAD #103, June 1966)

Tales from the Duck Side (MAD #308, January 1992)

Spy vs. Spy (September 22, 2002)

Sheldon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jostling for Position Comix

Pooch Café

I get the feeling Gilligan just thought of a gag he could have used in Year One.

Ballard Street

The loser has to drink another martini. The winner gets to drink another martini.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
When I was 13, my art teacher addressed me for my regularly violent drawings. I just recently realised that those were the outcome of reading shittons of MAD as a kid (well, that and the video games). They were humorous and "light-hearted" instead of some creepy serial killer stuff but I'm sure they raised some eyebrows.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

You get the poo poo beat out of you. That good? God, I hate that line.

Christ, what highlights on parenting skills today. Thanks Lynne, I'll bet you told your kids that same thing too.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Things are heating up! :tipshat:

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

(Two today, since one is just a follow-up to an earlier one and is kinda eh.)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

Things are heating up! :tipshat:

And that's a Tec-9, which was the center of a MAJOR clusterfuck of firearms controversy

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Oh, Brother

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Wanamingo posted:

The killer used gloves -> he's a pro

Kennel fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 10, 2014

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hoover Dam posted:

Let's see: You don't want to go to that jewelry party anyway, because it's a sales pitch. Pilates chat would help you really kill in that Wonder Woman costume, although you could talk to the Pilates chick about other workout ideas, like weights. Nope, nobody in the office would understand why someone might be planning a costume in the early fall, no costume related holidays coming up. Or have heard of Comic-Con, an event that's about as obscure as the Super Bowl, or even the concept of "there are nerd events people dress up for." And if you do cosplay, you might be interested in what shoes someone got, because it's all a form of clothes and dress up.

Wimmen be shoes and jewelry shoppin am i rite

Be real here. She can't talk to Pilates Chick about Pilates. Nerds and jocks don't mix. The other women with their shoes and their jewelry may as well be Popular Girls, and that's just as bad! You might as well ask Luann to be nice to Tiffany.

Luann

They drat well shouldn't, especially as so-called unpopular girls who always got "bullied" by the so-called popular girl. For the most part, I liked high school, and I still remember that almost indescribable feeling on my first day of college when I realized that I could just do my own thing and nobody knew or cared about who I was in high school or any of the high school bullshit that went with it.

Apartment 3-G

Absolutely nobody will be able to tell you look any worse than usual! Not with Frank Bolle drawing you!

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

Kudos to the colorist for noticing that the stripped described the color of an object, and then coloring the object that color! This is a task that is, evidently, much more difficult than anybody could imagine!

The Amazing Spider-Man

You don't know that, Newspaper Spidey.

I don't know poo poo about Spider-Man other than what movies and the newspaper comic have taught me and I still know that his rogue's gallery contains multiple persons who are either subterranean, reptilian, have animal themes/powers, or some combination of the three. Not that crazy to imagine two criminals doing crimes unrelated to each other in the same time frame.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Don't take jobs from sewer-snakes Ox. Ox... why did you split from Fancy Dan?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Or the nephew might have, you know, used a different phone.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I love you, Stan Lee. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That ain't no snake, baby.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (September 12, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (May 3-5, 1951)

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

The killer is used gloves -> he's a pro

The pros have figured out that police check for fingerprints, but it takes a true master to withstand eight seconds of police non-interrogation.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Inspector Danger likes Fawlty Towers. Huh.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Does anyone actually call it 'junior college' or 'university' in conversation, in real life?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ema Nymton posted:

Does anyone actually call it 'junior college' or 'university' in conversation, in real life?

Most people would say "college" or "school".

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Community college.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Doc Ock's plan relied on using a sock puppet. :allears: Please, go on.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ZeeToo posted:

Doc Ock's plan relied on using a sock puppet. :allears: Please, go on.

It was his brother, Doctor Socktopus! Doc Ock is totally innocent.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ema Nymton posted:

"University" is def used outside the U.S. Not so much "junior college" since those places tend to not have them as they don't expect you to pay for it for the rest of your life.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mike du Jour[/b]

Can't believe it, but I really am enjoying a week of Grandpa from Pickles straight-up owning Mike du Jour.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The Amazing Lore

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

tiistai posted:

The Amazing Lore

:allears: Truly Amazing Lore.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Potsticker posted:

:allears: Truly Amazing Lore.

Truly Spectacular Lore. :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Truly Spectacular Lore. :colbert:

Superior Lore. :v:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

tiistai posted:

The Amazing Lore

:allears:

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

We are now halfway through the seven-strip saga of the State Teachers' Convention. :toot:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Blah blah blah

Rex Morgan MD

Riding that thing were some of the best times she had.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
So I'm guessing the Mary Worth people started getting letters from angry old Christians about the little devil girl who sees fairies and has literal psychic powers so now they've got to spend a couple weeks stating over and over that it's just her stomach brain?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Heh. Forgot what comic I was looking at at first and thought she was taking a selfie.

I've always thought being somebody's personally assigned angel/devil would be a terrible gig. It's gotta be crazy boring even if you're with an interesting person, and most people are just boring old regular schmucks. Just imagine how many hours you'd rack up just having to sit and watch the guy pick his nose, watch the guy masturbate, watch the guy take a poo poo, watch the guy masturbate while taking a poo poo...

Juliet Jones

Oh, great. Now on top of everything else, the woman wants a man job! You just know if they put a woman in charge, the first time she's on the rag she'll hit the big red button and drop the bomb!

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Pretty girl in peril? Seems like Carno could have convinced Kirby without kidnapping the butler.

Big Ben Bolt

I'll take that as a "No."

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Buz Sawyer

Office Hours

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Blah blah blah

This is the strip now, the two of them endlessly congratulating each other on the undulating Ouroboros of sidewalk.

Oh you big baby, so now you have a criminal record and your bird might be dead. Look on the bright side, I was briefly entertained!

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 11, 2014

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Bleeker: Uh-huh.

Pickles: Yep.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So apparently there's a Mister Ed episode that's a backdoor pilot for an Emmy Lou TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jHA-_J2H8

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

So much for the time travel angle.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

This isn't the only time that Brooke has lost focus in the middle of a story.

Pibgorn

Today, I learned that dry-heaving sounds just like stertorous breathing.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

I thought that the 'Last pi' license plate was a nice touch.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Radio Patrol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Today, I learned that dry-heaving sounds just like stertorous breathing.

You know how dirty anime always has at least one character who is definitely six years old but the anime is always like, "NO, SHE'S TOTALLY 18 SHE"S JUST SHORT AND FLAT CHESTED AND ACTS IMMATURE FOR HER AGE."

I was just suddenly reminded of that. Can't imagine what triggered it.

• Locked thread