Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

This is really, really good in a Marchesa deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Guessing the rarities was an interesting exercise

2 more

These cards seems strong in limited.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ooh! Ironroot Chef is tomorrow and I have the day off!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Count Bleck posted:

HEY YEAH WIZARDS REMEMBER THAT CARD YOU REPRINTED?

Preeminent Captain?

Nice. Soldiers. Cool. :reject:

I bought 10 of them for 25 cents thinking that there was no way that we weren't going to see some more cool soldiers after Anafenza was spoiled. This round of spoils ruined that brilliant idea. :smith:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

I bought 10 of them for 25 cents thinking that there was no way that we weren't going to see some more cool soldiers after Anafenza was spoiled. This round of spoils ruined that brilliant idea. :smith:

So there are only 2 plainswalkers in the set? And one of them is kinda meh? Sarkhan is gonna be 30 bucks.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

So there are only 2 plainswalkers in the set? And one of them is kinda meh? Sarkhan is gonna be 30 bucks.

This is the real travesty because I need him to replace Garruk, CoB in my deck.

Also Wooded Foothills. Wizards please.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Imagine that 1B flyer in Theros block limited, that would have been a terrifying bestow target.

Whoever in R&D is trying to check off "what vanilla creatures have we not done yet" boxes just got another one with that vanilla 4B 2/8 Zombie Elephant.

There's a Mind Rot with a "mill yourself 2" rider for Sultai limited decks.

Here's a weird one:

Dazzling Ramparts 1W
Creature - Wall
Defender
1W, T: Tap target creature.
0/7

Basically it's a wall that can block anything with any kind of evasion.

Disowned Ancestor B
Creature - Spirit Warrior
Outlast 1B
0/4

I'm really liking some of these Outlast cards.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 11, 2014

redux
Apr 23, 2008

Entropic posted:

Here's a weird one:

Dazzling Ramparts 1W
Creature - Wall
Defender
0/7

I don't know if we know if that one is uncommon or common yet but I think it might end up being one of the key cards in Abzan limited decks. Outlast really benefits from having a few big walls to hold things down while you build up your dudes.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm still holding out hope for a 1-drop with Prowess. Do we have any rare slots left?

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Sickening posted:

High Sentinels of Arashin + Phalanx Leader + Defiant Strike/Feat of Resistance/God's Willing.

Still plenty of fun to be had with soldiers I think. Especially if that Brave the Sand spoiler is to be believed.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
So would running either an abzan or mardu midrange with 4 each of hero's downfall, utter end, banishing light, and thoughtseize be too greedy? W/B/x has tons of removal and control options right now, it's crazy how much unconditional removal there is.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yeah, I'm starting to think decks are going to need a lot of ways to beat 1-for-1s to be good. Like planeswalkers and that Mythic white bird that brings a friend.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Entropic posted:

Here's a weird one:

Dazzling Ramparts 1W
Creature - Wall
Defender
0/7

Pffffft. What?

Lagonna-Band Trailblazer, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Dazzling Ramparts, Wall of Essence, Wall of Frost, Triton Tactics.
gently caress you, Rabblemaster!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
One neat thing about Dazzling Ramparts is that you can block with it, and then tap down one of your opponent's blockers for the swing back.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

AlternateNu posted:

Pffffft. What?

Lagonna-Band Trailblazer, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Dazzling Ramparts, Wall of Essence, Wall of Frost, Triton Tactics.
gently caress you, Rabblemaster!

Stick a Phenax in there and you got yourself a stew going.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Fish Of Doom posted:

You could even mill yourself for some extra Delve fuel!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I think I want some custom-art Morph overlays with "Who's that Pokemon?" on them.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Holiday Box Promo:

Also spoils proper:

Vilainous Wealth's art is pretty cool:

deftest
May 7, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

I think I want some custom-art Morph overlays with "Who's that Pokemon?" on them.

A complete playset with a silhouette of each morph creature in the set???

:shepspends:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

deftest posted:

A complete playset with a silhouette of each morph creature in the set???

:shepspends:

Between micosynth lattice, march of the machines, and ixidron, any permanent can be turned face-down. Better get started!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Add in Returned Phalanx and a single Empty the Pit for Esper Walls!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the full spoiler tomorrow so I can get to metagaming. For the first time in years, I'm excited to build a deck for Standard. Part of it is because I got a new job that forces me to wake up earlier, so I can't do the Monday/Wednesday drafts that start at 8 and end at midnight anymore, but I can do the Standard events that start at 7:15 and end about 10:30. But the other reason is that I have a playset or more of nearly everything I can imagine seeing play post-rotation.

Where's a good place to start with post-rotation decks? Is Theros Block Constructed a good starting point for the new meta? What are the decks that people theorizing will have the most popularity? I see a lot of chat about Rabble Red and Green Devotion.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't wait for the full spoiler tomorrow so I can get to metagaming. For the first time in years, I'm excited to build a deck for Standard. Part of it is because I got a new job that forces me to wake up earlier, so I can't do the Monday/Wednesday drafts that start at 8 and end at midnight anymore, but I can do the Standard events that start at 7:15 and end about 10:30. But the other reason is that I have a playset or more of nearly everything I can imagine seeing play post-rotation.

Where's a good place to start with post-rotation decks? Is Theros Block Constructed a good starting point for the new meta? What are the decks that people theorizing will have the most popularity? I see a lot of chat about Rabble Red and Green Devotion.

I am getting Scry lands, Coursers, Carytids and Thoughtseizes, as anything I run will have B/G. Just trying to figure out which way to go after that.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Between micosynth lattice, march of the machines, and ixidron, any permanent can be turned face-down. Better get started!

Except for double-faced cards :v:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

BJPaskoff posted:

I think any BGx deck is going to be good. Junk, Jund, Bug, Midrange or walkers.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Except double faced cards!

EDIT Don't leave threads open

deftest
May 7, 2011
Multi-colored gods seem like strong pickups

Iroas, Athreos haven't really seen play. Both seem really good in the Mardu strategy

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Having tested for few hours last night with my friends on Cockatrice:

- all the charms are fantastic (especially Sultai and Jeskai)
- Mardu Ascension is insane in the right deck, and makes Foundry Street Denizen AMAZING
- Bloodsoaked Champion is a hugely powerful addition to Mono-B Aggro assuming MythicSpoiler's translation is correct and it can recur itself.
- Despise could be good enough to mainboard alongside Thoughtseize if you're on a Delve plan

Didn't get a chance to test Temur yet but there seems to be a lot of powerful poo poo going on in that deck.

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.

qbert posted:

Didn't get a chance to test Temur yet but there seems to be a lot of powerful poo poo going on in that deck.

If/when you make a Temur deck I'd be interested to see your list. I proxied a deck last night and it seemed to do decent; but it seemed a bit too slow. Flashing in the Bear-Puncher was super fun.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cernunnos posted:

Holiday Box Promo:

This will probably be worth money.

Which is good because I like to get a holiday box for Christmas.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

deftest posted:

Multi-colored gods seem like strong pickups

Iroas, Athreos haven't really seen play. Both seem really good in the Mardu strategy

Athreos in a deck with butcher of the horde has potential. Throw bloodsoaked champion in there too so you always have a sac for butcher.

T3 rabblemaster, t4 butcher, sac a goblin token, swing, t5 stormbreath seems pretty good too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Athreos in a deck with butcher of the horde has potential. Throw bloodsoaked champion in there too so you always have a sac for butcher.

T3 rabblemaster, t4 butcher, sac a goblin token, swing, t5 stormbreath seems pretty good too.

Mardu Midrange ftw.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

BJPaskoff posted:

I think that the first place to start is 4 Sylvan Caryatid and 4 Courser of Kruphix. They are probably going to be the glue of standard for a good while.

A friend and I were chatting about it and a curve of Scryland into Caryatid into Courser -> land off the top into Wingmate Roc into Elspeth and having Utter End in hand seems insane.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Is the interaction between blood soaked champion and Tymaret interesting enough to work with? Especially if the brave can recur himself, being able to fling and recur for 4 mana seems decent enough. Putting red into the deck also gives you access to noted aggro card Rabblemaster.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

En Fuego posted:

I am getting Scry lands, Coursers, Carytids and Thoughtseizes, as anything I run will have B/G. Just trying to figure out which way to go after that.

Same, though I don't have Polukranoseses. I'm hoping I can do without them, but they just seem so good; as necessary as Courser, probably.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Nope

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Terrible Horse posted:

Same, though I don't have Polukranoseses. I'm hoping I can do without them, but they just seem so good; as necessary as Courser, probably.

I probably cracked 10-11 Coursers over the past year, and I traded them all away when they were worthless :negative:

I need to find a set but they're so drat expensive right now.....

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

:colbert:

Terrible Horse posted:

Yeah, I'm debating holding my coursers or trying to trade them to get Fetches for a deck.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

bhsman posted:

Yeah, I'm debating holding my coursers or trying to trade them to get Fetches for a deck.

If you don't ever ever ever plan on using them, sure. Trade them now. (Not for fetches until they tank in a couple months, first.) Otherwise, just hold on to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they jump to $20 by the time the meta is figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

bhsman posted:

Trade for fetches, play modern interim. That's what I'm gonna do in January like I do every year. Then play standard for 5 months when prices fall in the summer. I have 16 coursers. Almost enough to trade for a full playset of fetches!

• Locked thread