Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

enojy posted:

Can anyone confirm/deny whether or not coin-based game purchases (i.e. Kirby for 200 coins netting ~79 points) count towards the Deluxe Digital Promotion?

Confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Mario for 30?! Grabbing that tonight, when I get home :)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's an overview trailer for the new Fatal Frame game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXseay5FFM

Still not announced outside of Japan, but it has to be coming, surely.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

enojy posted:

Can anyone confirm/deny whether or not coin-based game purchases (i.e. Kirby for 200 coins netting ~79 points) count towards the Deluxe Digital Promotion?

I will also confirm.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Triple confirmed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Three thanks to the lot of you cute gamers.

edit: triple star thanks.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

All this talk about Kirby has made me go download it :toot: 200 coins well spent.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

enojy posted:

Three thanks to the lot of you cute gamers.

edit: triple star thanks.

It also worked with the free games from that Mario Kart 8 promotion. Apparently, any Wii U download code you redeem, regardless of how you get it, will give you points as though you paid full price for the game.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Graphics and Wiimote gameplay look sweet, but god drat does it look like every other game before it. Creaky mansion with dolls again? At least it seems to hint that you maybe explore a modern building at some point, but jesus, they surely have more spooky places than just old buildings in Japan, don't they?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I've got an EU Wii U and now moved back to the US. So I have a conundrum.
Should I just keep it and buy crap off the eshop?

Or should I get a US console and sell this one? Anyone have any experience with anything similar? How hard would it be to sell? Am I just screwed with the stuff I previously bought on the shop?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Spite posted:

I've got an EU Wii U and now moved back to the US. So I have a conundrum.
Should I just keep it and buy crap off the eshop?

Or should I get a US console and sell this one? Anyone have any experience with anything similar? How hard would it be to sell? Am I just screwed with the stuff I previously bought on the shop?

Does it even work on an NTSC tv?

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

drat, says $47 for me.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Good news: US is getting a limited edition of Hyrule Warriors.

Available exclusively at Nintendo World in NYC! :haw:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

iastudent posted:

It's available from EB Games in Australia :smuggo:.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The graphics look extremely last-gen but the tablet gameplay looks like a lot of fun. It will almost definitely come to america eventually. Please don't call the thread Shirley.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

iastudent posted:

I like the blurb where they mention how much better the rest of the world's limited edition of the game is.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So uh, this is a first for me but I think my Wii-u is somehow on it's last legs.

About a week ago while playing it clicked off and the light display was blinking red. "This is a problem" I thought to myself, and had to unplug the power cord to get it to start up again. Able to play again I wrote it off as a strange crash. Then it happened again 2 days later. Then it happened within like 3-4 hours of the last fix when all I did was check Miiverse.

Anyone else have this?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Graphics and Wiimote gameplay look sweet, but god drat does it look like every other game before it. Creaky mansion with dolls again? At least it seems to hint that you maybe explore a modern building at some point, but jesus, they surely have more spooky places than just old buildings in Japan, don't they?

If you check at around the 1 minute mark, it looks like they added boob physics in there. So there's that I guess.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to be getting a Wii U in the next week or so, and was wondering something about the original Wii VC games that I own. I know I can play them in Wii mode, but is there any real advantage to upgrading them for the dollar/$1.50 price? Would I be missing anything if I just used Wii mode?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
By upgrading you get save states, the ability to remap your controls however you want, the ability to play using the gamepad.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mr E posted:

I'm going to be getting a Wii U in the next week or so, and was wondering something about the original Wii VC games that I own. I know I can play them in Wii mode, but is there any real advantage to upgrading them for the dollar/$1.50 price? Would I be missing anything if I just used Wii mode?

They look better after the upgrade. Wii mode is visibly blurry.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

greatn posted:

By upgrading you get save states, the ability to remap your controls however you want, the ability to play using the gamepad.

Alright, if they look better and let me use the gamepad mode I'll go ahead and pay the little bit to upgrade. Can I only upgrade my NES/SNES games? The only non-NES/SNES game I have Majora's Mask, so it's not a huge deal if I can't.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SystemLogoff posted:

My best guess (and like all armchair stuff, is 100% likely wrong) they were embarrassed that it was not their new "Wii Sports". Except, you know, there were no cute commercials of two older gentleman promoting it with "Wii would like to play."

Man, I wish those commercials would come back, they were awesome.

Everyone that wanted Nintendoland got it in the Deluxe Bundle. It was more expensive to get the basic bundle and pickup Nintendoland separately, and you didn't get the DDP promo and all the other fancy stuff.

I don't quite understand why they made so many retail copies of Nintendoland because it was bundled. Did Wii Sports ever get a big retail run when ti was made into a Nintendo Select title?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
N64 games aren't out on WiiU yet, who knows when or if they ever will be.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

greatn posted:

N64 games aren't out on WiiU yet, who knows when or if they ever will be.

This frustrated me, since one of my first VC purchases on Wii U was Paper Mario. I didn't realize I'd have to boot into Wii mode just to play a n64 game. If they get an emulator sorted out, hopefully they'll have an easy migration to put them back where they should be.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Fremry posted:

it looks like they added boob physics in there.

Finally a game that will prove to everyone that I am an adult

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Astro7x posted:

I don't quite understand why they made so many retail copies of Nintendoland because it was bundled. Did Wii Sports ever get a big retail run when ti was made into a Nintendo Select title?
If I recall, I don't believe Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii in Japan; I'm pretty sure NoA had to beg for it because they actually saw the potential of bundling Wii Sports with the console instead of Wii Play, which I believe is what NCL originally wanted to bundle with the system.

whaley posted:

Finally a game that will prove to everyone that I am an adult
Maybe if you played games that weren't on Nintendo systems, you could have experienced several Citizen Kanes of Gaming that would have proved once and for all that you're an Adult Gamer. :colbert:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ultigonio posted:

If I recall, I don't believe Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii in Japan; I'm pretty sure NoA had to beg for it because they actually saw the potential of bundling Wii Sports with the console instead of Wii Play, which I believe is what NCL originally wanted to bundle with the system.

I'm not talking about Japan, I'm talking about North America where Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii for years, and then suddenly stopped so they released Wii Sports as a "Nintendo Select" title in May of 2011

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fremry posted:

If you check at around the 1 minute mark, it looks like they added boob physics in there. So there's that I guess.

They added those in Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox, IIRC.

God, I hope I'm not remembering correctly.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Nintendo has confirmed some (possibly all) of the games being featured this Friday: Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Ultimate NES Remix, Fantasy Life, and finally, Smash for 3DS.

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/509841905942016000

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Are the treehouse streams archived in any way? I have to work that night.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

jivjov posted:

Are the treehouse streams archived in any way? I have to work that night.

There's a pretty big chance NoA will put it up on their Youtube channel afterwards. If not I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere on Youtube eventually regardless.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

My workplace finally got in a Wind Waker bundle today. :getin:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Is Zelda: Minish Cap any good? I've played link to the past.

New sales up http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

flare posted:

I think it's pretty good. You would like it.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

flare posted:

I personally consider it in the top three 2-D Zeldas, up there with Link Between Worlds and LttP

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Well I'm convinced, purchased.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
So, I decided to finally pick up a WiiU before I spent all of my leftover from vacation cash on dumb poo poo like groceries. I ordered a refurb on Monday night and it still says "order processing" on the site. I even payed out for the extra overnight shipping because I wanted to make sure it arrived by Friday. Anyone have any experience like this? I assume I just need to call up nintendo service with my order number but hours at work are going to prevent me from that until tonight at least.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

flare posted:

I did not like it. It's both pretty linear and it felt tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah Minish Cap is one of the only Zelda games I never really liked, I was always kinda surprised at how well received it was

• Locked thread