Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Whalley posted:

Didn't Burton's batmobile have machine guns too?

Burton's Batman had zero qualms about killing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Burton's Batman had zero qualms about killing people.

http://youtu.be/Zu_lw3cRz3k

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Batspoiler: Batman is a fascist.

Sort of a fascist/corporatist/the kind of guy who if he wasn't dressing as a bat would be kicking hobos.
This batmobile is frankly brilliant because it says everything about why Batman and Superman will be at odds.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Whalley posted:

Didn't Burton's batmobile have machine guns too?

It has explosives, machineguns, and a flame thrower exhaust pipe that blows someone away fully on screen. But Jack Nicholson was amazing amirite? Man those movies are incredible. <----- Same people who get angry about stuff like the new batmobiles looking too militarized when they actually are like that to make a point.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I don't have much in the way of high hopes for the baman/ooperman movie, but at least that batmobile will make for a nice toy.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
The last Nolan movie had Batman shooting truck drivers from his helicopter. Batman's been a one-man paramilitary unit ever since movie magic has been able to convincingly portray it, since that sells more tickets than a cowled detective musing over databases in the dark. Not sure why the Verge is so surprised.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Pretty much all 'geek journalism' is people pretending to be exited or angry about stuff they don't give a flying gently caress about.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Basically. They're cultivating NOT MY BATMAN to provoke 'debate' and accrue pageviews from people linking the article, as Vintersong just did.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I should take that out. :(

Another guy I sorta follow on FB, Retroblasting, just posted about it and is pulling the NOT MY BATMAN.

"Guns or no guns, the larger issue is just how slipshod the entire vehicle looks. The tires are exposed, so it isn't a good armored transport, the paneling is gap-ridden so it doesn't protect the internal mechanics...and there's ZERO style to the design. BARF"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This new batmobile seems to me like a neat mix between the Tumblr and the one from Arkham Knight.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I should take that out. :(

Another guy I sorta follow on FB, Retroblasting, just posted about it and is pulling the NOT MY BATMAN.

"Guns or no guns, the larger issue is just how slipshod the entire vehicle looks. The tires are exposed, so it isn't a good armored transport, the paneling is gap-ridden so it doesn't protect the internal mechanics...and there's ZERO style to the design. BARF"

No dis intended. I just find it interesting and mildly offputting that there is such an obvious slant, saying 'this is DIFFERENT and BAD' instead of making the least effort to actually read the design.

It's put in baby terms because the text of the article is this shrivelling, vestigial thing that hangs uselessly from the title.

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but that thing seems like Tumbler-lite more than anything, anyway.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
I just hope Superman throws it into the ocean

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That's mostly because they both have the same inspiration point, which is the crazy tank Batmobile of Dark Knight Returns. Snyder's is just going more direct with it, minus the staggering size (because presumably they'll always make the Batmobile a practical, drivable thing and driving a literal, actual tank through city streets would be pressing a certain button too much).

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier last night. Holy poo poo, that was a fantastic movie. My favorite Marvel movie so far (haven't seen Guardians yet). The stakes were high, the story and action were intense, and it re-shaped so much of the Marvel Movie Universe.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Crows Turn Off posted:

Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier last night. Holy poo poo, that was a fantastic movie. My favorite Marvel movie so far (haven't seen Guardians yet). The stakes were high, the story and action were intense, and it re-shaped so much of the Marvel Movie Universe.

I hope that in Avengers 2/Cap 3 they're not just like "whelp good thing SHIELD was reformed successfully after that whole Hydra mess" but I know they will.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I hope that in Avengers 2/Cap 3 they're not just like "whelp good thing SHIELD was reformed successfully after that whole Hydra mess" but I know they will.
The Agents of SHIELD show ties into everything, right? What did they do/are they doing after Cap 2?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Crows Turn Off posted:

The Agents of SHIELD show ties into everything, right? What did they do/are they doing after Cap 2?

Edit: After Winter Soldier they were actually allowed to have a plot for the last few episodes.
Here's hoping they don't have to spin their wheels next season waiting for another movie again.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Crows Turn Off posted:

It actually became a watchable show. Jury is still out if they can maintain that momentum for the second season.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: Haha, poo poo, wrong thread.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 11, 2014

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Holy loving :words:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Neo Rasa posted:

The end of WS sets up Cap and Falcon going after Hydra and Bucky. Since it's the same directors again I'm sure they will follow through with that.

So far I haven't heard anything about SHIELD being in Avengers 2. Seems very unlikely.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Crows Turn Off posted:

You should really watch it for yourself, but if you want a cliffnotes version;

After Cap 2, HYDRA sleeper agents are called into action, and wreck the poo poo out of SHIELD. SHIELD is completely brought down. At the end of the season, they are attempting to rebuild with resources left by Fury.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

The end of WS sets up Cap and Falcon going after Hydra and Bucky. Since it's the same directors again I'm sure they will follow through with that.

So far I haven't heard anything about SHIELD being in Avengers 2. Seems very unlikely.

Avengers 2 appears to address that the absence of SHIELD by making Stark provide the resources for the team. Their new base is the Stark tower from the first Avengers, for example. This leads to him to creating an army of AI drones to make the team's job easier and that's how Ultron happens.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Aren't those technically spoilers, though?

Anyway, I really hope A2 ends with Stark going the way of Howard Hughes after creating Ultron.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 11, 2014

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Aren't those technically spoilers, though?

Anyway, I really hope A2 ends with Stark going the way of Howard Hughes after creating Ultron.

We know RDJ's contract with Marvel is expiring and there are no plans for Iron Man 4, so I won't be surprised if Stark dies in A2.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

We know RDJ's contract with Marvel is expiring and there are no plans for Iron Man 4, so I won't be surprised if Stark dies in A2.

He will be in A3. Come on now. Seriously. A C17 full of money is going to be plopped in his yard. He's never going to die. He'll just be doing other stuff.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Cythereal posted:

Pretty much all of the actors have six movie deals, why would RDJ's be different?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gatts posted:

He will be in A3. Come on now. Seriously. A C17 full of money is going to be plopped in his yard. He's never going to die. He'll just be doing other stuff.

On the other hand, the leaks are pretty unanimous about Ultron beating the poo poo out of the Avengers. Ultron killing Tony Stark would make a lot of dramatic and thematic sense.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He's still signed for Avengers 3. But that's his last movie under the current contract.

also Marvel has already said they are going the James Bond route for certain characters, so I don't see any chance they kill one of the big characters off except for possibly Cap.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cythereal posted:

On the other hand, the leaks are pretty unanimous about Ultron beating the poo poo out of the Avengers. Ultron killing Tony Stark would make a lot of dramatic and thematic sense.

And then he gets all jacked up on Extremis.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's still signed for Avengers 3. But that's his last movie under the current contract.

also Marvel has already said they are going the James Bond route for certain characters, so I don't see any chance they kill one of the big characters off except for possibly Cap.

I know they have said this but I'd really hate it if they followed through with it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
They've already done it though. Banner, Rhodey, and Fandral.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

You know, they don't even have to cast a new Tony Stark. They've got Don Cheadle's Rhodey, and then they can introduce other people to wear the suits, and just have Downey Jr. show up for brief cameos/in supporting roles.
In fact, I kind of expect Cheadle's going to be Iron Man in most of Avengers 3. Maybe in the final climactic battle Stark comes out of retirement, only to get his rear end handed to him by Thanos.

Stupid Avengers speculation:
Stark totally quits being Iron Man. However, he is still involved in the Avengers in an advisory/support capacity.
Thor goes back to Asgard.
Steve Rodgers dies. Bucky replaces him.
Hulk gets shot into space, eventually meets the Guardians.
Hawkeye either dies or quits to do his own thing.
Black Widow quits.

New Avengers: Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, War Machine (Rhodey), Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Ant Man, Dr. Strange.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Spatula City posted:

Stupid Avengers speculation:
Stark totally quits being Iron Man. However, he is still involved in the Avengers in an advisory/support capacity.
Thor goes back to Asgard.
Steve Rodgers dies. Bucky replaces him.
Hulk gets shot into space, eventually meets the Guardians.
Hawkeye either dies or quits to do his own thing.
Black Widow quits.

New Avengers: Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, War Machine (Rhodey), Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Ant Man, Dr. Strange.

OK, here's the pitch. Marvel Studios has made billions over the past 10 years by making an interconnected universe of movies with characters that audiences worldwide have grown to love. What we want to do with the next Avengers movie is this: get rid of them all and make a movie starring the B-team.

Studio executive: "Hmm...I like it."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More like "they'll watch anything we make!"

In other news, James McAvoy said that his next X-Men movie will see him losing his hair.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Buddington posted:

OK, here's the pitch. Marvel Studios has made billions over the past 10 years by making an interconnected universe of movies with characters that audiences worldwide have grown to love. What we want to do with the next Avengers movie is this: get rid of them all and make a movie starring the B-team.

Thing is, the more movies the main actors are in, the more they have to be paid. So of course it makes sense to phase them out and phase in cheaper actors/actresses. RINSE AND REPEAT.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wouldn't mind Anthony Mackie replacing Chris Evans. He's cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJGWFKGFTwY

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Buddington posted:

Worked for Guardians of the Galaxy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Avengers are already the B team. Marvel is just making lemonade out of the lemons nobody bought the rights to back in the movie rights fire sale when they were going out of business. The X-Men have always been Marvel's Justice League.

• Locked thread