Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Apparently there is a big skill list thing, like springboard moves and strong whips from the past years, except that skills people can have or not have include: top rope moves, two finishers, four taunts, and all the separate OMG moves are different perks now. Sounds kind of like garbage to me.

Nonsense. What's more fun than limiting access to fun things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So far my strategy of slogging through KOTR and not even qualifying is going okay. Got a second UR Brock, so that'll help my team out haha.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Apparently there is a big skill list thing, like springboard moves and strong whips from the past years, except that skills people can have or not have include: top rope moves, two finishers, four taunts, and all the separate OMG moves are different perks now. Sounds kind of like garbage to me.

Eh. Withholding judgement. As much fun as Lucha Big Show is, part of the reason matches start to feel samey is because everyone can do the same thing. I'll be down with the system if one match can feel like a technical clinic, while another feels like a good proper hoss-off.

You don't flippy-doo in a good proper hoss-off, goddamit. :colbert:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I lucked into a second Ultra Rare Batista. Soon, I shall finally claw my way into Epic tier!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

So far my strategy of slogging through KOTR and not even qualifying is going okay. Got a second UR Brock, so that'll help my team out haha.

There's no reason to not be in KOTR all the time. Worst case scenario, you can try it again in two days when you have one more decent (or better) card.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!
In Supercard, can you have the same cards active in KOTR and usable in exhibition matches?

I have done one KOTR, but cant remember, and I dont want to start a KOTR and leave myself only terrible cards to use in standard matches.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Jayou posted:

In Supercard, can you have the same cards active in KOTR and usable in exhibition matches?

I have done one KOTR, but cant remember, and I dont want to start a KOTR and leave myself only terrible cards to use in standard matches.

Yeah, you can.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jayou posted:

You can use them in both, the only restriction for KotR is the cards you use in it can't be deleted, combined or use as training fodder until it's finished.

I seem to have hit another plateau at Epic++ tier, have a team of UR Pros and a UR diva and can't make it to the finals of a KotR to get an epic pair because there's too many people with pro epics and a bench of commons. 1 epic every 2 days is slow progress.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 11, 2014

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!
Good to know, thanks.

Im stuck at about 7/8's of Ultra Rare+ being completed, just need to edge it into ++. Though I have only managed to get one Ultra Rare card (Xavier Woods). The game really seems to hit a point that forces you to grind after a certain point, which is a bit frustrating.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
How does anyone win King of the Ring? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to charge your guys/switch out your deck? Because I'm not that dedicated.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Borrowed Ladder posted:

How does anyone win King of the Ring? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to charge your guys/switch out your deck? Because I'm not that dedicated.

I make sure my lineup is full strength before I go to bed and then during the day I switch guys in and out liberally to keep my lineup as optimal as I can. And I time it so that the actual tournament phase won't start at 2am or whatever if I decide I might try to get to the finals. The UR KotR I won was simply a case of me being lucky there were no cheesers in my group, though, so I generally just start whenever so I can get my UR (I got a Hogan this morning which might be helpful).

The stamina change made it really easy to always have guys at 80% or better in my active lineup, though, so if anyone is lax in checking their team it's pretty much a guaranteed win.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Why cookie Rocket posted:

There's no reason to not be in KOTR all the time. Worst case scenario, you can try it again in two days when you have one more decent (or better) card.

That's pretty much true, and I enter one every 2 days and just let it sit to get a free Ultra Rare. (I'm in Epic++ and have hit a wall). However, I do think that some people may initially not want to start jumping into KOTRs, because it locks up your cards which you may be rapidly upgrading in the early game. I remember being kinda pissed about that a few times. Now it doesn't really matter, though.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I have a pair of max pro rare Eva Maries that I swap out frequently in SR kotr and save 4 of each boost for quarter and semi finals. That in addition to what was mentioned above allows me to get a pair of SR cards every time, but I'm a little disappointed from getting R-Truth last time after previously getting RVD and The Rock.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I have only had one King of the Ring where I didn't finish first or second (honestly to me I don't give a gently caress about finishing first over second, give me my pair) so I am obviously the best in the world.

First off, be that jerk who only has commons and uncommons on his bench to stack your main lineup. Though I honestly don't know if this is great in all situations. For instance, right now my KOTR team is JUST BARELY in the Ultra Rare tier. I don't know if they separate KOTR tiers by just the rarity, or if it matters how far into that rarity you are. But really, it doesn't matter to me, because I think it is super, super easy to make it to the contender's bracket and make it to the finals without a useful bench.

First, making the contenders bracket is insanely easy and all it requires is like 15 energy cards. To make it to contender's bracket, just check in once every 6-10 hours and refill all the energy on your guys. So, log in, use all your energy cards, play exhibition to get your energy cards back, boom. You're set for a while.

Once you make it to the contender's bracket, USE YOUR BOOSTS IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS. The way I do it is make sure my guys are at full energy using all 4 boosts in the first game of the first round. If I win, I'll just leave them alone and see if they win the second game moving me on to the next round. If they don't, I'll refill my team's energy and use all 5 boosts to make sure I win 2/3. Same thing for the next round. The key here is to just make it to the finals. Obviously if you REALLY care about getting that support card for first place, then yeah use your energy cards to refill and use boosts in the finals. To me, I just want my pair so I'm cool with second place.

Prior to winning my first Ultra Rare KOTR, my only Ultra Rares were a Shawn Michaels (doooope) and Swagger (boooo) but non-pro cards tend to be worthless unless they are a full two tiers above where you are. I've since won a pair of Chris Jericho Ultra Rares and a pair of Kane Ultra Rares. I got unlucky with my free Epic card (support card, ugh) so right now I'm just grinding until I can get a full lineup of Ultra Rare Pros, hoping I get some epics along the way until I can do Epic KOTR.

I'm still crippled by my Diva being a Rare Max Pro Eva Marie, but getting Divas is rare so I'm just praying in there. But yeah. Once you hit the Ultra Rare tier (Super Rare honestly, but you have at least a moderate chance of getting Super Rares from exhibitions) your only real way to advance is gonna be doing KOTR and making it to the finals, so do that. Though now that I've given away my super great strategy to victory I expect more competition keeping me from what I deserve.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-xZv8F2F3A

Something to chew for a bit.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Here comes the shovel!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Has there been any talk about doing timed events or limited edition cards for Supercard? They have to do SOMETHING like that to keep people like us hooked.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Has there been any talk about doing timed events or limited edition cards for Supercard? They have to do SOMETHING like that to keep people like us hooked.

one of the recent on-start messages implied a future global tournament of some kind and there's apparently a content update happening during maintenance at 5 PST tonight

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

If this thread is any indication, they don't actually have to do anything and if the game just being a total reskin of MyNBA2K14 is any indication, they haven't put that much effort into the game in the first place

oatgan fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 11, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

one of the recent on-start messages implied a future global tournament of some kind

Sweet. It's dumb but I'd love it if they rolled out some legendary cards like "Nation Rock" or "DX HHH". They kinda have done that with some guys randomly having older photos in the mix... I think they should have held off on those and made unique cards out of them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

Sweet. It's dumb but I'd love it if they rolled out some legendary cards like "Nation Rock" or "DX HHH". They kinda have done that with some guys randomly having older photos in the mix... I think they should have held off on those and made unique cards out of them.

I don't think they have any problem with quantity of possible future cards. They can make 1998 Kane as a desirable upper-tier card now, and save "Hardcore Kane" for some future chase card event thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Steve Vader posted:

Just had a crushing moment of ennui, scrambling to finally break into the Ultra Rare tier, excited to maybe get that new AJ Lee or Macho Man Randy Savage... and getting a ladder.

I had the opposite; I was expecting a ladder and got a UR AJ. :smuggo:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The more interesting abilities are in the Cesaro vid, they repeat themselves a lot (because they gotta milk what little they have for as many views as possible)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100ZaykmivM

tl;dw there are a few new "abilities" (ala springboard dive or resilience). "Ruthless Aggression" increases damage inflicted when brawling at ringside, "Technician" reduces stamina costs for reversals, "Teamwork" wincreases double team / tag finisher damage, and "Pin Combo" apparently makes previously rote pin combo moves dependent on the ability / makes them harder to kick out of. Also, all the old abilities have passive buffs added to them (ring escape decreases stamina costs across the board, etc.)

The interesting one shown is "Mouthpiece", that allows the player to directly enable his/her wrestler's manager to distract the ref (it also boosts the wrestler's stamina quite substantially). So we might be seeing more from managers in this game. At the very least, Heyman's done mocap.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 11, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

there's apparently a content update happening during maintenance at 5 PST tonight

This is helpful, since my KOTR is currently set to go to the bracket in the middle of the night. I hope the maintenance pushes it back until the morning.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Also you can apparently do 2nd rope dives in 2k15? idk. Also Cesaro's Big Swing is an OMG thing now, as is his deadlift second rope suplex. Punk has an OMG suicide dive as well. Maybe Reigns' apron dropkick, who knows. Those dudes talk a whole lot

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Heyman's done mocap.

This sounds like something amazing to see.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

So we might be seeing more from managers in this game. At the very least, Heyman's done mocap.

Finally, the :allears: animation will be in the game

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

LvK posted:

This sounds like something amazing to see.

I want to see the video of Heyman in the mocap suit. He's probably spending the whole time talking about how he's a fat old man too, which makes it better.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Weird... I won a match, but when it brought me to the card screen it said I had 0 picks remaining. I tried to make a pick and the game crashed.

It didn't bank my picks... I want my two grey cards, 2K :colbert:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Senerio posted:

I had the opposite; I was expecting a ladder and got a UR AJ. :smuggo:

Smuggo indeed.

Speaking of, I would also like them to stop giving me SR Vince McMahons. Seriously, give me SRs of somebody I like, please. You think I want to play this game with Pro SR Mizzes and Cenas?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Steve Vader posted:

Smuggo indeed.

Speaking of, I would also like them to stop giving me SR Vince McMahons. Seriously, give me SRs of somebody I like, please. You think I want to play this game with Pro SR Mizzes and Cenas?

YOU'RE GOD drat RIGHT YOU DO

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have run into the dreaded situation of my four best cards (once I finish training them) not having any full diamond tag combinations. Apparently the left half of the blue diamond is a myth.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I have run into the dreaded situation of my four best cards (once I finish training them) not having any full diamond tag combinations. Apparently the left half of the blue diamond is a myth.

Vince, Rock, and Ultimate Warrior are all lefts.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 12, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smashpro1 posted:

Vince, Rock, and Ultimate Warrior are all lefts.

I'm using a rare pro rock right now, but I'm halfway through UR+ and he and my rare pro HBK aren't keeping up when I've got UR Macho Man (right) and Pro SR Ambrose (down) trained, with UR Hogan (right) and Pro SR Del Rio (right) waiting to be trained.

Also McMahon is a bad card, and giving me three examples out of 63+ guys isn't exactly discounting my point.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

yeah not sure if it's a mix of which cards are more common in the rarity tiers or luck, but I have a load of Blue right arrow guys and very few yellow downs or blue lefts. Having to use a UR pro Vince because I can't form a tag team otherwise (and that 10% bonus is big)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I played right after the servers went back up last night, and noticed a couple of odd things. First, I had 11 bucks worth of credit (I haven't spent any real cash), but the big thing was this:

(look at the number of boosts)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's a way to make a livin

Edit: I had 400 credits given to me so I quick bought four superstars. Got one rare, an uncommon, a common and a purple ULTIMATE WARRIOR

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I'm starting to feel bad for the people who didn't get the memo about maxxing before combining. My maxxed pro SR Andre just crushed another maxxed pro SR Andre that had over 100 fewer points in every stat.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

I'm starting to feel bad for the people who didn't get the memo about maxxing before combining. My maxxed pro SR Andre just crushed another maxxed pro SR Andre that had over 100 fewer points in every stat.
I saw an Epic Pro the other day that got beaten by my UR Pro, so I can only imagine that person had not maxed them first.

Such a waste.

Also I'm sure this isn't a newsflash to people who have played a lot of these micropayment games before, but HOLY poo poo at the amount of people who have dropped at LEAST a hundred dollars to get Epic/Legendary cards early. Especially the ones who have played such a small amount of games that it makes you wonder why you would spend that much money.

IT IS $25 PER CARD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's especially crazy because of how little this game tries to force you into spending money and how early these people dropped cash on it. These people played basically none of the game before deciding "yep, here's all my money", in a game with a very reasonable difficulty curve with good progression all the way to UR tier. And yeah, the actual prices for stuff are insane and not even close to impulse purchase for people lategame who want an epic or 2 to move up a tier. If it was 5bux for a random epic+? maybe. but $25 for a guarunteed useful cards or 50 cents for half of the prize of winning an exhibition match?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 13, 2014