Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ok in probate him now.

his original probation was 6 hours then swsp realizes the humor of making him miss the event I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

PleasureKevin posted:

ok in probate him now.

his original probation was 6 hours then swsp realizes the humor of making him miss the event I guess

the mods can do 6 hour probations without authorization from the higher ups, so that went in first, then the request for a week had to be process and approved

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

Nope

raruler posted:

the mods can do 6 hour probations without authorization from the higher ups, so that went in first, then the request for a week had to be process and approved
bingo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i hope he pms people telling them to post stuff again

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Beeftweeter posted:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

is cremnob valeyard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Miley Virus posted:

is cremnob valeyard

yes and fuckin pagancow drestroyed creembon at amiga game

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

thermopyle really wanted to as well

it's not my fault cremnob fell on a sword and posted tits in IYG.

which tits? inquiring minds and all that

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

prefect posted:

which tits? inquiring minds and all that

marissas

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

what is it with cremnob and her, it's getting hella creepy at this point

like swat is going to break the doors down to his house and find a serial killer basement wallpapered with aapl stock reports

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

cremnob's hella creepy

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

he's probably really pissed that the European Commission has reopened the google antitrust case and that he can't post about it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
why is the hangouts addon to chrome so bad?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Wheany posted:

google

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Wheany posted:

because the hangouts team has abandoned the plugin in favor of a NaCL setup that only works in chrome beta

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

because the hangouts team has abandoned the plugin in favor of a NaCL setup that only works in chrome beta

lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
it would be a lot funnier if i were kidding.

the nacl version really is much, much less crash-y. probably because it has been patched more than 0 times since the last OS release

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
hangouts always worked great for me v:shobon:v

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

is NaCl code for something besides salt?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this was me :shobon: but you're totally off base.

saucepanman posted:

is NaCl code for something besides salt?

it depends which part you're talking about. no browser supports npapi any more, rightly, but to launch the daemon you need startprocess or equivalent that is of course not possible in a sandboxed nacl/ppapi plugin. i don't know what he's talking about with beta chrome though. if you use chrome it's entirely webrtc now which is of course way easier.

anyways, whoever was mad that you needed g+ to use hangouts on ios i fixed that for you go get the latest version. :siren: i guess that means g+ is dead rite cremnob???

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
oh i know what he's talking about. things that we could do in the standalone app that we can't do with pure webrtc do use a nacl plugin that itself probably uses new features in beta chrome. but that poo poo's just for moustaches and screensharing.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
:vince:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
who is worse, facebook or google?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

yes

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
sorry realized the answer on my own there

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

this was me :shobon: but you're totally off base.

it depends which part you're talking about. no browser supports npapi any more, rightly, but to launch the daemon you need startprocess or equivalent that is of course not possible in a sandboxed nacl/ppapi plugin. i don't know what he's talking about with beta chrome though. if you use chrome it's entirely webrtc now which is of course way easier.

anyways, whoever was mad that you needed g+ to use hangouts on ios i fixed that for you go get the latest version. :siren: i guess that means g+ is dead rite cremnob???

fuzzy mammal get on the yosplus

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

we have feature requests

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Cold on a Cob posted:

google because theyre a lot better at hiding from users that their business is actually to spy on them and sell it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
SMART SPOOOOON coming through

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/11/6135313/lift-labs-purchased-by-google-electronic-liftware-spoon

Google has purchased the biotech startup Lift Labs, the makers of an electronic spoon that helps people with Parkinson's to eat by making small movements to compensate for tremors. The startup will be joining Google X, and it'll continue to sell its current product, known as Liftware. A fork, soup spoon, and keyholder were all in the works prior to the acquisition, and it sounds as though work on them will continue. "We're especially excited to work with the Google team to scale our operations and reach even more people who could benefit from using tremor-canceling devices," Lift Labs writes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

SMART SPOOOOON coming through

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/11/6135313/lift-labs-purchased-by-google-electronic-liftware-spoon

Google has purchased the biotech startup Lift Labs, the makers of an electronic spoon that helps people with Parkinson's to eat by making small movements to compensate for tremors. The startup will be joining Google X, and it'll continue to sell its current product, known as Liftware. A fork, soup spoon, and keyholder were all in the works prior to the acquisition, and it sounds as though work on them will continue. "We're especially excited to work with the Google team to scale our operations and reach even more people who could benefit from using tremor-canceling devices," Lift Labs writes.

good + cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol ppl w/ parkinsons are just retard faggots. smart spoom more like FAIL sp00n. trash can googlers rofl -the op of the above quoted post

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
today i got my very own parkinsons bitch's brain tazers adjusted so shes less hosed up. too bad these human being retard googlers are dumping money into research for ppl like her. instead they should be SUcking My Balls am i rite guys? YOSPOS bithc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Smythe posted:

good + cool

good + cool except google will probably cancel the actual helpful thing and set them to work stabilizing laser targeting and gun mounts for the bigdog

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

much less crash-y

rotor posted:

hangouts always worked great for me v:shobon:v

it hasn't been unstable, it just has a lovely ui.

oh, or is that that thing where you have to reopen the chat window from time to time caused by it crashing and silently restarting?

also the default chat window size is ridiculously small. it could just save the window position if anyone at google ever used the thing themselves.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

good + cool except google will probably cancel the actual helpful thing and set them to work stabilizing laser targeting and gun mounts for the bigdog

a funny thought but also pretty unlikely. this is the wrong Fagg0t Googler Bitch acquisition to mock in the 'POS

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Well we'll see if Google ends up actually helping anyone or even bringing the product to market in any way

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/11/6135273/chrome-os-begins-running-android-apps-vine-evernote-duolingo

Android apps are coming to Chrome OS, and the very first of them arrive today. Vine, Evernote, and two other Android apps can now be run on Chrome OS and operated using a mouse and keyboard.

Just going to take over the right side of your screen there like Windows 8

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

Well we'll see if Google ends up actually helping anyone or even bringing the product to market in any way

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/11/6135273/chrome-os-begins-running-android-apps-vine-evernote-duolingo

Android apps are coming to Chrome OS, and the very first of them arrive today. Vine, Evernote, and two other Android apps can now be run on Chrome OS and operated using a mouse and keyboard.

Just going to take over the right side of your screen there like Windows 8

good, only olds fullscreen their browsers

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Would that spoon work for the coke jitters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Wheany posted:

it hasn't been unstable, it just has a lovely ui.

oh, or is that that thing where you have to reopen the chat window from time to time caused by it crashing and silently restarting?

also the default chat window size is ridiculously small. it could just save the window position if anyone at google ever used the thing themselves.

i think the ui is fine.

i never hardly used the chat window because it's a video conferencing thing.

• Locked thread