Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

NeoSeeker posted:

Does the 9.1 unofficial patch conflict with the clan quest mod? I'm getting the 15mb error.

Yes. Clan Quest uses v 7.x or something it's already built in to clan quest, you can't use later versions of UP on top of CQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you want to see what the "restored" library quest looks like, go look at the Bloodlines LP. I will even save you the time by telling you it both looks and is terrible.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Here is Stovetop posted:

Yes. Clan Quest uses v 7.x or something it's already built in to clan quest, you can't use later versions of UP on top of CQ.

I already tried to play with CQM and it gave me the error.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

GuyUpNorth posted:

From Plus patch there's the not-katana from Knox's little job, library at Downtown was just completed over at the LP, couple extra blood powers and at some point supposedly fourth discipline for you to learn. Sabbat base at lategame also has new intro area and their ending may be available in Wesp's patch. Those are the major ones I can remember so far.

Janky animations I'd chalk to Source beta.

The fourth discipline is something Beckett teaches you through dialogue right before you go rescue the archaeologist. I'm pretty sure it's always Protean, and it's basically worthless if you get it from him because of how short it lasts.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
I started playing this again with the 9.0 Wesp5 patch (regular, not plus) and I'm not getting any Presence dialogue options as a Toreador. I was under the impression that Presence gave Toreadors unique dialogue in the same places Ventrue get Domination dialogue but I'm almost done with Santa Monica and I haven't seen any. Is this another thing Wesp5 messed with?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I'm pretty sure Presence dialogue options were one of the things added in the Plus version.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Yeah in base game there was no presence option, only intimidate, seduce, manipulate, which any vampire can do with appropriate skill levels. Disciplines were left to only Dominate for Ventrue (Tremere who also have dominate didn't get them.) and Dementation for Malkavians.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Most likely because of my own mental state, but I can't play this game on anything else but malk. It suits me so incredibly well it's like the class was personally made for me.

If any bloodline is the wild card its the batshit crazy bloodline. Seriously, I've tried every other one and they simply suck and don't conform to my playstyle, at all.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

NeoSeeker posted:

Most likely because of my own mental state, but I can't play this game on anything else but malk. It suits me so incredibly well it's like the class was personally made for me.

If any bloodline is the wild card its the batshit crazy bloodline. Seriously, I've tried every other one and they simply suck and don't conform to my playstyle, at all.

What's the story with the ziplines?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Could have something to do with wildly relating to a vampire bloodline that's well known for being completely batshit insane.

Or a super nerd Superman vs Ironman style debate with loads of butthurt and eventually someone stealing their parent's credit card.

\/ This is pretty much exactly why I haven't put much time into this playthrough yet. Someone needs to at least make it go by a lot faster.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 10, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Coming back to this game after over a year and I forgot what a slog it is to do the first part of the story quests. Basically it's mostly the Ocean House and Sabbat Warehouse and sitting through Janette's convetsations. Once you get dumped out in Downtown it gets a lot better, but thinking about doing all of that again on every new character is like 2-3 hours of wasted time before the "fun" can begin.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

I find the Santa Monica sequence the most charming - wether that's nostalgia goggles or not, I don't know, but I just love playing through it every time I make a new character. What I'm saying is that you're wrong. :colbert:

vvv

Nymix fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 10, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I think Downtown is a slog. Santa Monica is so atmospheric. The light rain, the chill surf music, its dope and makes me wanna me to the real Santa Monica.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Fat Larry, the Skyline Appartments, the Anarchs, Strauss-- I guess Santa Monica has Kilpatrick, Mercurio, Chunk and-- the Hospital, kind of. But it also has Knox, Janette and two long "dungeon" sequences. The atmosphere is cool in Santa Monica and it's not like you can't go back after getting to Downtown.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It loses it impact in subsequent playthroughs but the Ocean House is still such a rad level.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

It loses it impact in subsequent playthroughs but the Ocean House is still such a rad level.

Both the Ocean House and the Sabbat Warehouse are great for different reasons. I just wish they both weren't so close together and required to get out of Santa Monica.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

Look at this guy who's never been a socially retarded Gangrel specced for combat with all disciplines maxed :colbert:

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
The sabbat warehouse can be completely stealthed with or without obfuscate if you are careful. I never had to draw a weapon, in and out easy peasy. Personally I love Santa Monica, and Downtown, I even like Hollywood. Game gets really sloggish for me in Chinatown.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

Wait, really? I call BS on stealthing the warehouse without obfuscate.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mira posted:

Wait, really? I call BS on stealthing the warehouse without obfuscate.

Haha. I just did this like two days ago as a Tremere. It's actually not that tough at all, give it a try!

Here is Stovetop posted:

The sabbat warehouse can be completely stealthed with or without obfuscate if you are careful. I never had to draw a weapon, in and out easy peasy. Personally I love Santa Monica, and Downtown, I even like Hollywood. Game gets really sloggish for me in Chinatown.

I like Hollywood too. Chinatown-- has a bit too few sidequests attached to it. Once you're there there's very little to do but complete the game.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Can you do warehouse without obfuscate and without killing anyone? I always have to kill the thug at the ladder to roof access and the thugs outside when I leave. Stealth kills of course

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
You could always get them to chase you, though of course you'll need to be quick before they return to their posts.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

dPB posted:

Can you do warehouse without obfuscate and without killing anyone? I always have to kill the thug at the ladder to roof access and the thugs outside when I leave. Stealth kills of course

There's a way to distract him. Pick up a barrel (there should be a couple lying around that area), go to the other side of the train, climb the crates and get on top of the train, get closer to him, throw the barrel at the wall, and make a break for the ladder once he's far enough away. If you're quick, you should be able to get up the ladder before he gets back into position. As for the guys outside the warehouse, I always just used Blood Buff and snuck past them the old fashioned way :shrug:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Fat_Cow posted:

So I reinstalled this game again today, and installed the clan quest mod + the resolution patcher. Something seems wrong though I am in the character creation sheet and logos and stuff just look blurry and awful and really low resolution, any idea?

Was this ever solved? I'm getting the same problem, with the low resolution extending to the UI as well. I'm currently running it in XP compatibility-mode with CQM and the resolution patcher.

EDIT: Fixed. I'd delete this, but maybe someone else will learn from my idiocy.

CQM wasn't installed correctly. The first post says to point the CQM installer at the /vampire folder, but apparently this is no longer necessary with the latest version of the mod. Reinstalled the mod to the main folder and now everything is crisp and shiny!

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 11, 2014

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Accordion Man posted:

Ocean House is awesome because its your first real fight as a vampire, you really have no idea what the gently caress is going on, how strong you are etc. and there are multiple ways to get in, fix and resolve poo poo.

And its one of the few buildings that actually is built like a real house. (try eavesdropping on the drug dealers conversations, its pretty funny)
Also, the rain and noir atmosphere of Santa Monica was just something else.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ocean House is the haunted place, not the drug den.

Drug Den is pretty rad too, especially since alot of people don't even know you can talk to the people instead of going guns blazing.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is that the first mission? I did not know you could talk to dudes there.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ocean House is the haunted place, not the drug den.

Drug Den is pretty rad too, especially since alot of people don't even know you can talk to the people instead of going guns blazing.

Oh yeah thats the beach house. Besides seduction/persuasion and guns a-blazing you can sneak around too. Listen to their chatter, then cut the power. Its pretty cool.

Gyshall posted:

Is that the first mission? I did not know you could talk to dudes there.

Other than the surfer guarding the gate and the Gang Leader, its eavesdropping while hidden, not talking.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Playing this game makes me want a "BITCH" T-Shirt. :allears:

Potsticker posted:

I like Hollywood too. Chinatown-- has a bit too few sidequests attached to it. Once you're there there's very little to do but complete the game.

Chinatown makes up for lack of sidequests with the Rokea from left-field. This game was my intro into WoD and I was totally expecting a werewolf the whole time.

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 12, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really love the music in Hollywood that sounds like the opening riff to Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Hollywood is probably my favorite track from the game, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1DjBe3LOM

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I'm a big fan of the Santa Monica theme. So moody. Perfect music for when yer lost in an unfamiliar city at 2am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ0IVnO3pKQ

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I blame this game for all my horrible avatar choices.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fat_Cow posted:

I blame this game for all my horrible avatar choices.

Speaking of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bss8vzkIB74

loving love this track.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Did the Source upgrade project ever get anywhere?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Did the Source upgrade project ever get anywhere?

Last I heard they switched focus to adding in multiplayer function to the game for some reason. No idea if it's still being worked on. Probably very slowly.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Welp, now I need to get this soundtrack.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, installer was auto-selecting the wrong Steam folder.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 11, 2014

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Not quite music, but every now and then I get in the mood to listen to The Deb of Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rebel Blob posted:

Not quite music, but every now and then I get in the mood to listen to The Deb of Night.

I really, really wish there was more. Or more like this.

• Locked thread