Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Reassuring: Even with Windows 9, some Windows 95 icons will continue to live on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Beeftweeter posted:

huh i could swear you didint need to click the screen in to type, just to press send

re: win 9

at least the got rid of the ads for now

holy poo poo is that ugly though

you had to click to do anything. my brother palmed his storm 2 onto me and jfc that phone... :argh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

also remember that very very, very deep in blackberry server code there's a 1-1 sql relationship that can never be fixed

I would like to know more

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

blackberry 'ids' were tied to device so for awhile if you got a new phone all your old bbm contacts couldn't message you

i think they fixed this though? but by then idk who cared lol

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

you'll get the option of metro start menu or classic metro

lmao of course those will be the options why would i even guess something better

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:newlol:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I actually like the look of Windows 8/9 style application interfaces with the bright colors, no drop shadows, etc. It's very readable. :shrug:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

same but microsoft and can't execute a good design properly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

at the date posted:

I actually like the look of Windows 8/9 style application interfaces with the bright colors, no drop shadows, etc. It's very readable. :shrug:

IDIOT!!! TRASH GARBAGE MAN!! GET THE gently caress OUT GEt THE gently caress OUTTTTT AHAFHKGAKJFJSDGNLMSDNG<SMFNGHKLDNFH>DGH

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blackula69 posted:

Microsoft is planning games for your PC’s web browser.

According to a report from technology news website Neowin, the software company is experimenting with Xbox 360 and Xbox One games that run on Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing network.

Sources told Neowin the service could send Xbox games to browsers at 60 frames per second, which is smoother than some native games on the Xbox One, and with full dashboard support — just like consoles. Microsoft Research published a report in August on a project named Outatime, which looks to allow gameplay over Azure, The Guardian found.

Since the cloud does the heavy lifting, the resulting stream would work just about anywhere: on Internet Explorer or Chrome, or even on smaller devices like smartphones.

This news comes about a year after Microsoft showed off a version of Halo 4 running from the cloud. The Verge then reported that Microsoft had kept latency at playable levels, even on Windows Phone devices.

this explains minecraft

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

Microsoft is planning games for your PC’s web browser.

According to a report from technology news website Neowin, the software company is experimenting with Xbox 360 and Xbox One games that run on Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing network.

Sources told Neowin the service could send Xbox games to browsers at 60 frames per second, which is smoother than some native games on the Xbox One, and with full dashboard support — just like consoles. Microsoft Research published a report in August on a project named Outatime, which looks to allow gameplay over Azure, The Guardian found.

Since the cloud does the heavy lifting, the resulting stream would work just about anywhere: on Internet Explorer or Chrome, or even on smaller devices like smartphones.

This news comes about a year after Microsoft showed off a version of Halo 4 running from the cloud. The Verge then reported that Microsoft had kept latency at playable levels, even on Windows Phone devices.

so basically psnow, except like a year+ behind

ok then

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

at the date posted:

same. it's more appealing long term than aero which was cool for about 4 months

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

carry on then posted:

drop shadows even larger than os x lol

Is Powershell 2 there for backward compatibility because Microsoft, or nobody told them about Powershell 4 over 10 months ago?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

at the date posted:

watercolor best ms theme

they made the imactive windiw titles red later on (or maybe it was earlier?) which made them much more distinguishable

also the buttons were different later on too. this is an early build

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beeftweeter posted:

watercolor best ms theme

they made the imactive windiw titles red later on (or maybe it was earlier?) which made them much more distinguishable

also the buttons were different later on too. this is an early build
ftfy

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ow my sperm

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Fame Douglas posted:

Reassuring: Even with Windows 9, some Windows 95 icons will continue to live on.

Windows 9(5)

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
there are still people who care about Microsoft

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

look at this scrub without a flat trinitron

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

at the date posted:

They are pretty ugly.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a literal microsoft ad

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a literal microsoft ad

basic is a good thing, microsoft, why do you think everyone stayed on xp for so drat long? :cripes:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
4: no elements are cut off by the poo poo-tier monitor

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao someone hasnt used a mac if they think you need that separate mouse

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
why did they put the mousepad in the picture

p sure people know what a trackpad is now

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

at the date posted:

there are drop shadows in the windows 9 screenshots ar eyou blind

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
mac: professional working on a photo in photoshop

pc: a man taking a photo and turning it into a lovely powerpoint slide in photoshop

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hrmmm the final touch will be this lime green text and i wont even try to blend it into the surface im trying to place it on.... perfectbrilliant.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a literal microsoft ad

wait why did they put a mouse next to the macbook air

they come with the built in trackpad, not a mouse

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

nobody should be surprised that microsoft have no loving idea how people want to use computers. "someone will buy this tablet to pinch-to-zoom in photoshop".

does photoshop even do pinch zoom or do the gestures get converted to a ctrl-plus or whatever?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
also willing to bet that the ad was literally created on the macbook air on the left too

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Easy and quick to use, simple, laptop: Basic.
Our Frankenstein's monster-type abomination tabtop (just click on the keyboard and fold it at the seam, then pull out the stand - creating an unstable imitation of a laptop): Brilliant.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thanks Ants posted:

nobody should be surprised that microsoft have no loving idea how people want to use computers. "someone will buy this tablet to pinch-to-zoom in photoshop".

does photoshop even do pinch zoom or do the gestures get converted to a ctrl-plus or whatever?

finally, after 3 versions of surface, microsoft finally managed to convince adobe to give some piecemeal touch support but it probably wont be included until the next big CC update. and its probably going to be real bad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

basic: picking up a macbook air with one hand
brilliant: trying to pick up a surface, watching the keyboard swing under and hit the extended kickstand, pinch your finger in a hinge, look for somewhere to put the pen

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a literal microsoft ad

i hate it when i can zoom in without moving my hand off the touchpad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

Cold on a Cob posted:

blackberry 'ids' were tied to device so for awhile if you got a new phone all your old bbm contacts couldn't message you

i think they fixed this though? but by then idk who cared lol

ah, yeah, it sure was fixed because ur blackberry playbook had to be tethered to ur bbry phone to get email

l o l

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

qirex posted:

basic: picking up a macbook air with one hand
brilliant: trying to pick up a surface, watching the keyboard swing under and hit the extended kickstand, pinch your finger in a hinge, look for somewhere to put the pen

there is a convenient pen holder in between the two back pockets of your jeans

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the pen hooks to the spot for your power adapter but good luck having that spot free when you own a microsoft product

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

gotta reg my edit. i am a power user (puser)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

MrMoo posted:

Is Powershell 2 there for backward compatibility because Microsoft, or nobody told them about Powershell 4 over 10 months ago?

all that stuff is for backwards compatibility, the PS4 (or maybe 5) will be the default

• Locked thread