Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

poo poo, they gave Z Nation a B?

http://www.avclub.com/review/z-nation-isnt-sharknado-zombies-209059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Though I intended to sit down and watch the pilot for Utopia on Fox, I accidentally acquired a UK series by the same name. I figured what the hell, I'll try it anyway.

What. The. gently caress.

Has anyone seen this show? That was some crazy poo poo. Do yourself a favor and watch this pilot, and go in knowing absolutely nothing about it, like I just did, because I don't like feeling this way alone. That poo poo was off the wall bananas. Like, some hosed up poo poo.

Please, tell me someone in this thread has seen this show, and if so, should I keep watching it?
Not by mistake, but I experienced the same thing as you just yesterday:

Josh Lyman posted:

I just finished the pilot of Utopia. The British drama, not the American reality show. It was crazy, intense, and I don't know what's going on.

And I love it. :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

anybody here still watching Graceland?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

anybody here still watching Graceland?

I'm sure they're going to walk back that ending because there's no way they're killing Mike.

One thing I found goofy about the season as a whole was you could always tell when they were in Mexico because everything was tinted yellow.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I'm sure they're going to walk back that ending because there's no way they're killing Mike.

One thing I found goofy about the season as a whole was you could always tell when they were in Mexico because everything was tinted yellow.

That's like every show ever. Breaking Bad had an especially yellow Mexico.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Josh Lyman posted:

Not by mistake, but I experienced the same thing as you just yesterday:

I'm looking forward to bingeing on it this weekend. I have to get myself in the right state of mind for the amount of crazy that show appears to bring.

The first 2 minutes alone sold me on the whole show, and Wilson Wilson with the chilis, etc - I literally noticed my mouth was agape at the end of that scene. Why hasn't this show been talked about more in this thread? Or has it, and I've just glossed over it?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

drunkill posted:

Hey, can I get a mod to edit the Danger 5 thread title? Please remove [Returns October] because well, the series has been delayed because of ISIS. No really.

Maybe change those brackets to be [Delayed] or something.

Done.

GreenNight posted:

Poodles deserve it.

You just made my dog cry.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 11, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I'm looking forward to bingeing on it this weekend. I have to get myself in the right state of mind for the amount of crazy that show appears to bring.

The first 2 minutes alone sold me on the whole show, and Wilson Wilson with the chilis, etc - I literally noticed my mouth was agape at the end of that scene. Why hasn't this show been talked about more in this thread? Or has it, and I've just glossed over it?

We've talked about it. It was the raving in this thread that made me seek it out in the first place. Pay attention!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Annakie posted:

Done.

You just made my dog cry.

Don't do that to your doge. Give it an even cut all over and it looks like a cross between a teddy bear and a sheep.

Toy Poodle supremacy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Yea, that's pretty much how I feel, too. I like how season three is set up though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cutting your dog's coat like that is the Guy Fiery of dog fashion.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

zoux posted:

That's like every show ever. Breaking Bad had an especially yellow Mexico.

I was so disappointed when I went to Mexico and this wasn't the case.

It was even worse when I went to space and there was zero lens flare.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Don't do that to your doge. Give it an even cut all over and it looks like a cross between a teddy bear and a sheep.

Toy Poodle supremacy.

In the fall/winter he keeps hair om his head for warmth and he always keeps his poofy tail because it amuses me. Otherwise he gets shaved close except in the winter when it's a little longer, also for warmth.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

drunkill posted:

Hey, can I get a mod to edit the Danger 5 thread title? Please remove [Returns October] because well, the series has been delayed because of ISIS. No really.

Maybe change those brackets to be [Delayed] or something.

How the gently caress is this a show and why have I never seen it before

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I hope this is kosher to post here.

I work at a university library and help stage the exhibits. Last spring we held an exhibit on 10 cult TV series, the idea being that sometimes you can become so obsessed a TV show that you want to immerse yourself in that world, and you find yourself wanting to learn about that world as much as you can. Maybe you go so far as to try to pick research topics in your classes that you can somehow tie back to the show you love, just because you can't get it out of your head and want to put your interest to good use.

Or maybe you want help writing fanfiction about it. Whatever, the library is here to help without judgement.

(Click for big; sorry for the bad lighting in some)

Downton Abbey

American Horror Story

Dexter

The Voice

Carnivale

Boardwalk Empire

Side of Carnivale and Boardwalk Empire cases -- do you know who's who in the mugshots?

Once Upon a Time

The Walking Dead

The Big Bang Theory

Breaking Bad

Entire album with closeups of each shelf of each case -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/44255616@N07/sets/72157641561414615/

I did the Carnivale and Boardwalk Empire cases (some of the books and all of the objects are mine, including Iris' necklace :3:), so I got extra close closeups of those: Carnivale album and Boardwalk Empire Album.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Nice! Those look pretty cool.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I love how 80% of the things in the BBT case are just nerd hobbies and memorabilia.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Do you have a list of the books you have in that Carnivale display?

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

hope and vaseline posted:

Do you have a list of the books you have in that Carnivale display?

Yes, I have it in an excel file -- I'll try to PM it to you this afternoon. (Late for a meeting!)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

I love how 80% of the things in the BBT case are just nerd hobbies and memorabilia.

To be fair the set designers on that show do a much better job of nerding it up than the writers and actors do.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ahaha gently caress:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33850/-married-with-children-gets-a-spinoff

quote:

Almost two decades after it wrapped, the world of classic sitcom "Married... with Children" is coming back to television. Sony Pictures Television is reportedly developing a spinoff to the Fox series which would follow David Faustino's now grown up Bud Bundy.

E! News reports that no network deal is in place as yet as pitch meetings are only just beginning.

It's unclear which other castmembers would be involved in the potential spinoff, or who would be writing and producing the follow-up.

The news comes as Warner Bros. TV is shopping around a revival of another classic sitcom, "Full House," which is also expected to include some original cast members.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There is literally one person in the world interested in the further adventures of Bud Bundy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Greetings.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

There is literally one person in the world interested in the further adventures of Bud Bundy.

It's Division Post, isn't it?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Sure can't be David Faustino, right.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

I was going to troll and write a 3 paragraph post in support, but I can't even come up with fake reasons to look forward to a Married... With Children spinoff.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Christina applegate

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

I was going to troll and write a 3 paragraph post in support, but I can't even come up with fake reasons to look forward to a Married... With Children spinoff.

They could lure Ed O'Neill away and end the scourge of Modern Family Emmy victories.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxxupation posted:

Christina applegate

Is that guy that played the neighbor still alive?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
What's funny is that they actually did something like this for Faustino's web series Star-ving, which I'm deeply ashamed to have laughed at when I first saw it. I swear one of those episodes was about a Married... With Children reunion special going to hell but drat if I'm going to check.

If you're curious you can watch the entire series here. If you stick around long enough you'll get to see Alan Thicke cursing out Faustino and Corin Nemec, but it's really not worth it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Double-posting because it warrants its own post. Some choice synopses from Star-ving:

Episode 2, "Gilbert's Kid": Dave kills Sparky, Gilbert Gottfried's 34 year old retard son.

Episode 4, "Married With Children Movie": Dave is screwed out of the role of Bud Bundy by Seth Green.

Episode 5, "The Scheize Flick": Dave passes out on the set of a German scat film & wakes up covered in sh*t.

Episode 9, "El Al-Qaeda": After a round of S&M, Dave spits in Osama bin Laden's face.

Episode 11, "Just One Drink": Dave jerks off to his cleaning lady's corpse.

As you can see, this one's a winner.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 11, 2014

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
DC just announced yet another TV series. This time, it's a (Teen) Titans pilot for TNT.

Akiva Goldsman has a really bad track record, but he also did Fringe so maybe things will turn out alright?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Live action Teen Titans? awesome. They might have to do it without Robin, though.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

DC just announced yet another TV series. This time, it's a (Teen) Titans pilot for TNT.

Akiva Goldsman has a really bad track record, but he also did Fringe so maybe things will turn out alright?

Too early to think much about it, but I wonder how it'll go if they put it in the same continuity as Arrow/The Flash. Deathstroke was the main archvillain of the 80s Titans and was prominent in the 2000s cartoon too. Would they bring in Manu Bennett for this show too?

Spatula City posted:

Live action Teen Titans? awesome. They might have to do it without Robin, though.

That article claims they're using Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Other TNT news is that the plan to turn perennial cable movie fodder "Shooter" into a TV series. The movie starred Mark Wahlberg as Bob Lee Swagger, a retired Marine sniper who gets framed for an assassination attempt. It was an okay movie that was mostly notable for the epic amount of people Marky Mark kills in it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Waiting for someone to turn the epic "Gamer" into a TV show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dredd show with Karl Urban

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mu Zeta posted:

Dredd show with Karl Urban

Some kind of Dredd prequel/Almost Human sequel would actually be pretty fun. Just a show set at the point where it goes from AH's high-tech crime to needing full blown Judge Dredd-style cops/judges.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I wish there was a Dredd show. Starring Karl Urban. On HBO.

My god. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Double-posting because it warrants its own post. Some choice synopses from Star-ving:

Episode 2, "Gilbert's Kid": Dave kills Sparky, Gilbert Gottfried's 34 year old retard son.

Episode 4, "Married With Children Movie": Dave is screwed out of the role of Bud Bundy by Seth Green.

Episode 5, "The Scheize Flick": Dave passes out on the set of a German scat film & wakes up covered in sh*t.

Episode 9, "El Al-Qaeda": After a round of S&M, Dave spits in Osama bin Laden's face.

Episode 11, "Just One Drink": Dave jerks off to his cleaning lady's corpse.

As you can see, this one's a winner.

Sam Henry Kass, one of the people responsible for this, wrote and directed one of my favorite 90s comedies, but the fact that this Starving show stars David Faustino stops me from checking it out. I'd probably like it if it starred anyone but him.

• Locked thread