Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Have we seen all the mythics btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Thats the cheapest I've seen, what site was that?

TCG. I had good timing haha.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Samael posted:

I have been trying to brew with my favourite khans clan (Sultai) and is it just me or is it really underpowered compared to the some other cards? Sidisi is mediocre at best, the delve spells are okay but not really the best even in a self mill strategy and some of the rares (like the Kheru lich lord guy) are complete trash. I am only really tempted by villainous wealth and try and break that in some way. What does everyone else think? Is sultai underpowered or am I really just under-evaluating some of their card's abilities?

I thought about this briefly and came to the conclusion that BG is stronger without the U.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Elyv posted:

There's a difference between "a couple are in modern" and "is in tier 1 decks in extended/modern, legacy, and vintage*"

*I don't actually know if LotV saw any Vintage play; wouldn't be surprised either way.

LOTV isn't good enough for Vintage because she works in fair games of Magic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Terrible Horse posted:

I thought about this briefly and came to the conclusion that BG is stronger without the U.

It's going to be pretty easy to play the 3 colors if only for the charms.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Terrible Horse posted:

I'd argue that with Polluted Delta now it actually helps the deck. Not to mention ascendancy (and maybe new jace) are huge

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

mcmagic posted:

TCG. I had good timing haha.
I saw those and wanted to buy them but was on the fence due to funds. Might do it, but also need stuff for Junk Midrange.
vvvv: We aren't losing Kiora.

neetengie fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 11, 2014

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Terrible Horse posted:

I also thought about this, but losing kiora/charms is a little hard to take, since I would like to do BUG midrange rather than aggro which some of the BG or Black cards are attempting to do in khans.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

neetengie posted:

vvvv: We aren't losing Kiora.

He meant from running BG instead of BUG

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Calling all Tymarets. Calling all Purphoroses. Purphori? Point is, Molten Birth got a replacement for MARDUGOATS/MARDUGOBBOS

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

Have we seen all the mythics btw?

I think we've seen 15.

1 for each wedge, 2 for each color except White and Black, then Sorin and Ugin's Nexus.

e:

White: Wingmate Roc
Blue: Pearl Lake Ancient, Clever Impersonator
Black: Empty the Pits
Red: Ashcloud Phoenix, Sarkhan the Dragonspeaker
Green: Hooded Hydra, See the Unwritten

+ the five Khans

+ Ugin's Nexus

+ Sorin, who's WB which makes up for W and B having one less mythic each. That's got to be all of them.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 11, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Frozen_flame posted:

Calling all Tymarets. Calling all Purphoroses. Purphori? Point is, Molten Birth got a replacement for MARDUGOATS/MARDUGOBBOS

Should've been 4-5 mana and haste. :(

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

mcmagic posted:

Should've been 4-5 mana and haste. :(

I'd take haste for one more mana, yeah. As is, it's still pretty efficient.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just want to say I really like the art direction on the "new" races like Orcs and Rakshasa (sp?) and Tarkir's crazy little wolverine goblins. Efreets are neat too.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Frozen_flame posted:

Well, this certainly should be a high pick in limited. Not nearly triplicate spirits in powerlevel, but drat good nonetheless.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So I had a stupid idea- See the Unwritten is a temur card but would work very well with delve, so I made this greedy monstrosity up in a few minutes.

Unwritten Delve

3x Elvish Mystic
3x Voyaging Satyr
4x Slyvan Caryatid
4x Courser of Kruphix
4x Polukranos, World Eater
2x Chord of Calling
3x Hornet Queen
2x Whip of Erebos
3x Murderous Cut
2x Necropolis Fiend
3x Nissa, Worldwaker
3x See the Unwritten
4x Nythkos, Shrine to Nyx
4x Llanowar Wastes
3x Temple of Malady
13x Forest

It's currently super greedy and needs a lot of fine tuning, but the concept would be somewhat similar to what mono green devotion is doing now, except ramping into and dumping the graveyard with see the unwritten and destroying them with hornet queens and necro fiends.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Frozen_flame posted:

Sweet. Something to replace a couple Boros Charms and the singleton Triplicate Spirits in my R/W tokens deck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Entropic posted:

I think we've seen 15.

1 for each wedge, 2 for each color except White and Black, then Sorin and Ugin's Nexus.

e:

+ the five Khans

+ Ugin's Nexus

+ Sorin, who's WB which makes up for W and B having one less mythic each. That's got to be all of them.

Thanks, I was hoping for one more powerful surprise but alas.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Re: Sultai enablers, I really expect to see at least a handful of common/uncommon enablers yet to be spoiled. Currently the only way to get extra cards in the graveyard are Sultai Ascendancy (rare), Sidisi (mythic), and Bitter Revelation (not great, and only bins 2 cards). I trust them not to make an entire clan's mechanic have so little support for limited, so I expect to see a few cards along the lines of Satyr Wayfinder and Necromancer's Assistant that should go a long way.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

The problem with Sultai is I'm having a hard time seeing the finishers. Sidisi is great, the Ascendancy and the Charm are both great, and there's plenty of stuff to feed it like Wayfinder, Commune with the Gods, Nyx Weaver, the new Jace (who seems to have been made specifically for Sultai). Additionally you've got Whip of Erebos, Nighthowler, the black removal suite, Thoughtseize, etc. With what feels like a comfortable self-milling, zombie-making engine with all of that stuff though the deck is basically full. Without a real haymaker like Jarad or really high value pesky poo poo like Desecration Demon or Pack Rat it feels like the legs of the deck are too easily kicked out from under it in addition to not really having a whole lot to do with that engine once it's gotten rolling. Empty the Pits looks neat, but still feels really questionable.

I really like the idea of a Sultai graveyard deck, but it doesn't seem to coalesce just right. I'm curious to see what ideas people come up with to try it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just want to say I really like the art direction on the "new" races like Orcs and Rakshasa (sp?) and Tarkir's crazy little wolverine goblins. Efreets are neat too.

The goblin art style appears to be a reference! Probably.

quote:

Almas is a singular word in Mongolian; the properly formed Turkic plural would be 'almaslar'. As is typical of similar legendary creatures throughout Central Asia, Russia, Pakistan and the Caucasus, the Almas is generally considered to be more akin to "wild people" in appearance and habits than to apes (in contrast to the Yeti of the Himalayas).

Almases are typically described as human-like bipedal animals, between five and six and a half feet tall, their bodies covered with reddish-brown hair, with anthropomorphic facial features including a pronounced browridge, flat nose, and a weak chin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almas_(cryptozoology)

Mostly it's the hair that gave it away to me. And the attitude.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's pretty great to have the goblins of the block be defined by something other than "look at that wacky goblin, it sure is stupid ha ha ha"

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tonfa posted:

It's pretty great to have the goblins of the block be defined by something other than "look at that wacky goblin, it sure is stupid ha ha ha"

Let's not go down this path. We all saw what happened when warhammer goblins went from wacky to grim dark mysterious poo poo. Wacky elves would be a refreshing change IMO.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chill la Chill posted:

Let's not go down this path. We all saw what happened when warhammer goblins went from wacky to grim dark mysterious poo poo. Wacky elves would be a refreshing change IMO.

Elves hang out with bugs in order to summon a giant behemoth that lets dryads and bugs kill you. They're plenty wacky.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Entropic posted:

I think we've seen 15.

e:

+ the five Khans

+ Ugin's Nexus

Seems like there's a mythic for every clan (other than the Khan) except for Abzan, which just gets the Hydra (probably because Outlast seems pretty silly on a Mythic creature).

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

Seems like there's a mythic for every clan (other than the Khan) except for Abzan, which just gets the Hydra (probably because Outlast seems pretty silly on a Mythic creature).

http://mythicspoiler.com/ktk/cards/anafenzatheforemost.html is the abzan one.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
He said other than the Khan. I think the Roc is the Abzan mythic but idk Roc is Mardu, didn't see the watermark before.
also if you're talking about the hooded hydra that's sultai

neetengie fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 11, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Outlast on a mythic can work if you make it silly or weird.

4WBG for a 6/6 with
2WBG-Outlast When ~ becomes tapped, you may untap it, for the fakest vigilance. (less busted, just make it so that whenever it gets a +1/+1 counter it untaps?)
or
Remove a +1/+1 counter from this creature, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain Trample and/or Vigilance and/or Deathtouch and/or flying
or
When you activate ~ Outlast ability put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control
or
Outlast abilities may be activated whenever you could cast an instant.

Maybe make it some legendary spirit khan to fit as an ancestor theme?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 11, 2014

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

The problem with Sultai is I'm having a hard time seeing the finishers. Sidisi is great, the Ascendancy and the Charm are both great, and there's plenty of stuff to feed it like Wayfinder, Commune with the Gods, Nyx Weaver, the new Jace (who seems to have been made specifically for Sultai). Additionally you've got Whip of Erebos, Nighthowler, the black removal suite, Thoughtseize, etc. With what feels like a comfortable self-milling, zombie-making engine with all of that stuff though the deck is basically full. Without a real haymaker like Jarad or really high value pesky poo poo like Desecration Demon or Pack Rat it feels like the legs of the deck are too easily kicked out from under it in addition to not really having a whole lot to do with that engine once it's gotten rolling. Empty the Pits looks neat, but still feels really questionable.

I really like the idea of a Sultai graveyard deck, but it doesn't seem to coalesce just right. I'm curious to see what ideas people come up with to try it.

Cheap monstrous nemeses of mortals do wonders. Also, the one-of Empty the Pits I have in playtest has been good for longer games.

Bestowing nighthowler onto fliers is really good too. Maybe necropolis fiend?

The problem is that the win con is usually big dumb stuff that is wiped out with removal. The advantage comes from having the graveyard engine and pumping out big stuff faster than they can deal with it.

Skillface fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 11, 2014

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH
Is any one going to be at the SCG Open this weekend in Atlanta? I need to borrow/rent Rabblemasters as my crack dealer fell through in time for the weekend.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Ooh, mana neutral with Xenagos' +1.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Does anyone have a link to that (blogpost? article?) with the math equations and whatnot as to why it's not worth putting Fetchlands in your deck "just for thinning."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here you go: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/print.asp?ID=3096

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Thank you!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Entropic posted:

Imagine that 1B flyer in Theros block limited, that would have been a terrifying bestow target.

Whoever in R&D is trying to check off "what vanilla creatures have we not done yet" boxes just got another one with that vanilla 4B 2/8 Zombie Elephant.

There's a Mind Rot with a "mill yourself 2" rider for Sultai limited decks.

Here's a weird one:

Dazzling Ramparts 1W
Creature - Wall
Defender
1W, T: Tap target creature.
0/7

Basically it's a wall that can block anything with any kind of evasion.

Disowned Ancestor B
Creature - Spirit Warrior
Outlast 1B
0/4

I'm really liking some of these Outlast cards.

Hmmm... either would work, but first turn Disowned Ancestor into second turn Kin-Tree Invocation is kind of fun. Couldn't do it until turn 3 with the Dazzling Ramparts, but 7/7 for two mana on turn three ain't bad either.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Well this is... really good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bring on the blurries!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Zorak posted:

That is one hell of a one drop with prowess.

Red, so weaker than it being blue, but it has haste, and the bonus toughness point too!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zorak posted:

There it is! There's the really good one drop!

Red will live stop worrying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mehall posted:

Red, so weaker than it being blue

Why?

e:Delver related shenanigans?

• Locked thread