Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Wark Say posted:

I still think that Vento Aureo is easily as good as both Battle Tendency and Steel Ball Run but that it suffers greatly from a really half-assed translation. When I finally got my hands on the Part 5 volumes, I feel that the only thing the fan translations didn't utterly gently caress up was just how badass Bruno is. I sincerely hope that the official translations they're making for Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are successful enough to pave the way for Part 5.

Oh, I'm totally aware that the translation is probably a big part of my liking Vento less than other JoJo parts. But as I can't read the Moon Runes of Japan, it is all I have to go off of. I've heard a lot of non-English speakers praise 5, but I'm not ready to evaluate it based of other people's experience. I really look forward to the part 5 anime giving me a much better (gold) experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I've been slowly working my way through part 5 and even though the translation is shoddy, the stand fights are still really cool and the beatdowns are still loving brutal and, for me at least, that and the beautiful, beautiful art gives it enough charm on its own to make it an enjoyable read.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

ChaosArgate posted:

Pearl Jam is unironically one of the best stories in Part 4. :colbert:
I liked the nod they gave to Tony in Purple Haze Feedback.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Davinci posted:

I've been slowly working my way through part 5 and even though the translation is shoddy, the stand fights are still really cool and the beatdowns are still loving brutal and, for me at least, that and the beautiful, beautiful art gives it enough charm on its own to make it an enjoyable read.

That and Bruno being an awesome guy. All descriptions on part 5 should include that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ChaosArgate posted:

Pearl Jam is unironically one of the best stories in Part 4. :colbert:

If I could have any Stand, I'd want either Pearl Jam or Heaven's Door.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I pray that Part 4 gets animate because I need to see The Lock in motion. It's the dumbest stand.

Bad Company is pretty okay too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There was more than one arc in Part 4 that existed just because Josuke wanted $$$ to buy a new pair of shoes or pants or whatever. I don't know how well people are gonna like waiting a week only for the episode to be Josuke and Okuyasu goofing around town, but I hope the reaction is good.

Part 4 also has an arc dedicated to Josuke and Jotaro shooting rats that can turn people into flesh puddles with steel balls so Part 4 is great.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't want to meet the person who isn't waiting eagerly every week to find out whether or not Josuke and Okuyasu manage to manipulate some kid into helping them win the lottery. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Moltrey posted:

There was more than one arc in Part 4 that existed just because Josuke wanted $$$ to buy a new pair of shoes or pants or whatever. I don't know how well people are gonna like waiting a week only for the episode to be Josuke and Okuyasu goofing around town, but I hope the reaction is good.

Part 4 also has an arc dedicated to Josuke and Jotaro shooting rats that can turn people into flesh puddles with steel balls so Part 4 is great.

How did people like waiting a week only for the chapter to be Josuke and Okuyasu goofing around town?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I pray that Part 4 gets animate because I need to see The Lock in motion. It's the dumbest stand.

Bad Company is pretty okay too.

I wonder if David is going to turn that character into a midget after he's defeated as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Uznare posted:

A lot of part 4 is spent doing poo poo like "getting hella paid" and "scamming an egomaniac"

This is the reason why Part 4 is the best.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Isn't part 4 Araki's personal favorite of the arcs so far? I imagine that that alone is enough to swing an animated series, plus they need to do it to get to part 5 (which supposedly is one of the stupid popular arcs in Japan.)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't want to meet the person who isn't waiting eagerly every week to find out whether or not Josuke and Okuyasu manage to manipulate some kid into helping them win the lottery. :colbert:

I think part 4 is the only story I've seen in anything ever where the main characters win the lottery and actually get to keep the money, well at least one of them anyway

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never get tired of Okuyasu actually being fiscally responsible and Josuke wants to blow it all on dumb poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Beef Waifu posted:

This is the reason why Part 4 is the best.

The reasons of why Part 4 is great are many. One of my personal favorites is Rohan eating a spider in his first appearance so he can perfectly encapsulate all facets of a spider to be able to draw it

Potsticker posted:

I wonder if David is going to turn that character into a midget after he's defeated as well.

This happens not only once, but twice. So humbled by a defeat you shrink from six feet to barely three.

Waffleman_ posted:

How did people like waiting a week only for the chapter to be Josuke and Okuyasu goofing around town?

Good point. I don't know how you people caught up with JoJo do it now.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I was going to quote every post on why part 4 is great, but that's a lot of posts, so I'm just gonna say part 4 is great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMti_BREHrY

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVVsJqvCIg4

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Moltrey posted:

This happens not only once, but twice. So humbled by a defeat you shrink from six feet to barely three.

Was it the creepy puppet guy who also shrank? Koichi himself became a midget from his first appearance too iirc. Part 4: Midget is not Crash

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Is Mountain Tim supposed to be Speedwagon? He's got the same hair, and seems to be the third amigo, but the Speedwagon Foundation already exists.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

Is Mountain Tim supposed to be Speedwagon? He's got the same hair, and seems to be the third amigo, but the Speedwagon Foundation already exists.

He looks similar but looks seem to be it. Even if he is the alternate Speedwagon lookswise, there are certainly other characters who better fulfill that role spiritually as far as being narrators and describing whats going on in enthusiastic detail

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Mountain Tim is Phantom Blood Speedwagon. Then there's Stephen Steel who is Battle Tendency Speedwagon.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Speedwagon just sat on the sidelines, though. Of course that was back when non-Jojos couldn't really do anything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speedwagon shot Dio in the face and lived to old age. That automatically makes him a badass. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speedwagon is the most ineffectual character which is what makes him so great.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

You know, I think it's time to retire Hettie. Does anyone have some cool Mountain Tim art suggestions for a new avatar?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Album cover by Araki for a Swedish band

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/11-1/jojos-araki-draws-cd-jacket-illustration-for-swedish-band-dirty-loops

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's awesome. Thanks!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone wants me to write an article about JoJo for them for their site, a kind of welcome to JoJo thing. What image from parts 1-3 (up to where the anime is at) is the most "JoJo" in you guys opinions?

e: VVV This was my initial thought too, and it was always guaranteed a special section of its own.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 12, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Might as well use the companion piece too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Potsticker posted:

Was it the creepy puppet guy who also shrank? Koichi himself became a midget from his first appearance too iirc. Part 4: Midget is not Crash

Yep, he had Surface which was just a wooden puppet that hangs out in his locker.

Aurain posted:

Someone wants me to write an article about JoJo for them for their site, a kind of welcome to JoJo thing. What image from parts 1-3 (up to where the anime is at) is the most "JoJo" in you guys opinions?

e: VVV This was my initial thought too, and it was always guaranteed a special section of its own.

From Part 3, I feel LET'S GO! is pretty critical and a Kakyoin ReroRero image/gif is manadatory

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 12, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews in sight

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/24.html

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I really hope they show Midler.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I was hoping they'd end this run introducing him, but I guess preview is better than nothing.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The ep was great. Pol and Kakyoin bro moment was great as I expected

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Haven't seen the episode yet. Did they show Midler?

Iggy. :dance:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They just showed what was in the manga, outfit and all.

• Locked thread