Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

LtStorm posted:

Maybe that's suggesting they're actually illegally paying their employees sub-minimum wage starting out rather than going through a loophole to make it legal, and the $10 is a carrot so they can quietly fire them one day away from their raise because it's a Right to Work state where the employee's right to recourse has been eroded to nothing.
Nitpick, but you're thinking of at-will employment. Right to work means that if your workplace is covered by a union collective bargaining agreement, you don't have to pay the union for negotiating on your behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

tiistai posted:

There's just not too many good ones in a week.

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a good Viivi & Wagner.

I liked it a lot back in the 90s because a beer drinking pig was cool and edgy back then.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 11, 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So apparently there's a Mister Ed episode that's a backdoor pilot for an Emmy Lou TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jHA-_J2H8

Thanks for the post

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann
Met your roommate, yet? All that buildup and we're talking about stupid movie night that Bernice didn't even go to.

Hey you're right.

Evans and Batiuk have a similar style lately where they cycle through different stories using different players. Shame neither of them is any good at it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Ema Nymton posted:

Even though I never liked Pibgorn before this, I've been so baffled by Brooke's choice to bury his own strip inside itself. Isn't building and maintaining an audience an important part of doing a comic series?

Imagine that you've never heard of Pibgorn or Brooke before, and you've just checking out the strip once in a while. You might go back and see a year's worth of archives, and this 1930s romance thing is all you get. Based on what you'd see every week, how would you ever, ever guess what Pibgorn actually is or is supposed to be about?

Well, I mean, the dude is in the newspapers. He's employed for life and his children are employed for 50 years after that. If he wants to make a strip that's 100% self-indulgence there's really nothing to stop him.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

My God, I think they might soon have another person appear in this strip!

F Minus

Transmodiar posted:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GODDAMN FAIRY HALLUCINATIONS YOU NUTBAGS

Yeah I'm a little upset they just kind of let that part die away. I had real high hopes when that poo poo started. And the angel vision. Good stuff.

Mary Worth

Was that a veiled threat? You don't threaten Mary "the Meddler" Worth, Olive.

Rex Morgan MD

Ah the abandoned Spirograph factory, of course.

Edit: I almost forgot, in honor of the anniversary today:

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 12, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones: Actions Speak

The Lighter Side of...

Tales from the Duck Side

Sheldon

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Pickles: death creeps up on Earl as surely as Mike Lester.

Bleeker: Some who wander really are lost.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

This lady's trying really hard to fit in with all these snooty people and this party is going to be a disaster just to teach her a lesson. :smith:

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Back to the scene of the crime? Sounds like a great idea.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

So, I recently gained excellent access to a computer that's not directly connected to the Internet. And damnit, I'm going to use it.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Was that panel of the WTC actually in an A3G strip? Because it's somehow the best art I've ever seen from it.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

grading essays nude posted:

Was that panel of the WTC actually in an A3G strip? Because it's somehow the best art I've ever seen from it.

No, it isn't. I borrowed that from the Dick Tracy strip that ran on the same day. Here are the two original strips:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Gaiforte? I think Foster's just messing with us now.

Speaking of Foster, look at what I picked up at Baltimore Comic Con last weekend:

Semi-related: Hey Death Ray, at BCC I was the 10th Doctor who you told to figure out what the weird pink alien thing across from your booth was. Sorry that I couldn't deliver.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (June 24, 1927)

Peanuts (September 15, 1967)

Being a dog critic has its rewards, but pretty much all of them are spiritual.

There are no such rewards in being a very minor supporting character in Funky Winkerbean. Not even death's sweet release.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

You'd think that being in a jail cell would be the best alibi for the murder of a judge outside of the jailhouse. Angry mobs don't do deductive reasoning very well?

Out Our Way (August 26-27, 1925)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

All the joy and frivolity of cramming your kid brother into a small box on a hot day!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_It

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Wait, what? Did a threesome happen, then?

Non Sequitur

:argh: DAMNIT WILEY!

Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban

Now, just how is that turkey supposed to type? Prehensile turkey feet?

9 Chickweed Lane 9/12/2003

Banging half the Nazi army sure turned you into a grumpy old battleaxe.

Zits

Sucks to be loved. :v:

Kevin & Kell

Yeah, and your brother is not only hanging with them, he's screwing them.

:)

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kliban

Now, just how is that turkey supposed to type? Prehensile turkey feet?

obviously it hunts and pecks.

thanks for posting the kliban, i found a book of his stuff at my folks house when i was a kid and have always loved it.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Oh, look, the dripping spite and hatefulness worked very well for this one.

quote:

Tales from the Duck Side

What the gently caress.

quote:

Sheldon

Hee, hee, look at the motion lines on that hammer toss in panel 4 (3 not counting title). It's a very lively and lovable case of horrifying violence against a small child.

That's... that's DISGUSTING. loving deviants!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

Don't mind me, just appreciating the gently caress out of those unicorn horror faces.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I bring you things from the shallows of gocomics:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

So, I recently gained excellent access to a computer that's not directly connected to the Internet. And damnit, I'm going to use it.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

It's back! :dance:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears...well, let's be honest, we all saw this coming.

The Dinette Set misses the point.

Working Daze shifts from Big Bang Theory to Dilbert territory.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Yeah, and your brother is not only hanging with them, he's screwing them.

Yeah, don't be so close-minded! Some of these predators can be very nice! So what if they eat your kind? It seems like someone here has some growing up to do.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze shifts from Big Bang Theory to Dilbert territory.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is some hideous perspective. Why try and go for the "interesting" camera angle if you're going to gently caress it up so badly?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

The publisher of Fok_It's printed works is auctioning a signed Conspiracy Frog poster printed for the recent comic festival, the only one of its kind. The bid is at 50€ right now.

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/joonas-rinta-kanto-salaliittosammakko-juliste-signeerattu/329511247

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

goatface posted:

That is some hideous perspective. Why try and go for the "interesting" camera angle if you're going to gently caress it up so badly?

Roberts does that a lot, especially with comics like this that are basically just two characters talking. It's like he understands that two people just exchanging four lines of dialog is really visually dull, but instead of improving the dialog or something he just tilts the "camera" in some weird way.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Every last panel of this strip should be the one where he's wanting to buy a gun from the gun shop.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's just me, but the art in Sheldon, specifically the weight on the lines, reminds me of that one children's book where the kid draws himself an adventure with a purple crayon.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

bean_shadow posted:

Every last panel of this strip should be the one where he's wanting to buy a gun from the gun shop.

Mehuyael posted:

I don't know if it's just me, but the art in Sheldon, specifically the weight on the lines, reminds me of that one children's book where the kid draws himself an adventure with a purple crayon.

Yeah, the head shape is rather similar...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

Wait until the third act, when she stays in disguise so long that she can't remember being a unicorn at all. It really does follow the buildup of a body horror movie. Something is Wrong Comix.

Pooch Café

Okay, I know we had this exact same punchline back in the Year One storyline. drat you, Gilligan.

Ballard Street

People like this ruin canoe trips for everyone, since you have to stick to shallow rivers and you're constantly going over rocks and poo poo. If you don't want to leave the shore, don't get in a drat boat.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

He looks like a moogle

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Monstrous! I really liked this Mike du Jour. It's cute. :argh:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

RandomFerret posted:

People like this ruin canoe trips for everyone, since you have to stick to shallow rivers and you're constantly going over rocks and poo poo. If you don't want to leave the shore, don't get in a drat boat.

I'm sorry, they forced me to get onboard and never let me say "no" unless I had a medical excuse :(

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Evil Mastermind posted:

Roberts does that a lot, especially with comics like this that are basically just two characters talking. It's like he understands that two people just exchanging four lines of dialog is really visually dull, but instead of improving the dialog or something he just tilts the "camera" in some weird way.

Scott Roberts actually is a good artist (his comic book work, especially on SpongeBob, proves it). But with this strip I think it's because there was another artist drawing before he took over, so Roberts has to mimic the previous guy's style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

LvK posted:

I'm sorry, they forced me to get onboard and never let me say "no" unless I had a medical excuse :(

Alan..?

• Locked thread