Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

gently caress YES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

muscles like this? posted:

I could see him guest starring in a couple of episodes. Also going to have kind of a downer of an ending because you know no matter what they fail to stop Hydra infiltration of SHIELD.

It will also be a downer because the entire cast will die of old age, but I guess they'll win WWII, so that will be cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

StumblyWumbly posted:

It will also be a downer because the entire cast will die of old age

That's technically true of every single television show ever made.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

That's technically true of every single television show ever made.

Yeah, the difference between a happy and a sad story is when you stop telling it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well except for that new show Reed Richards has coming up.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope Dum Dum shows up in Agents of Shield because doesn't end up as a robot in the comics?

I think you're thinking of John Garrett in the comics, who we've already met.

EDIT: Never mind, this is what I get for trade-waiting and library-waiting!

\/ \/ \/

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 11, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The thing in his spoiler is a recent reveal. A part of Original Sin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If it means more Dum Dum, I'm cool with that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TNT has a Titans pilot in the works with Nightwing as the lead.

quote:

Warner Bros. TV is rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This season, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine, and already is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl. Now the studio is expanding the DC brand to cable drama with Titans, a project that is nearing a pilot order at TNT. Titans is one of three TNT drama pilots stuck on the runaway, awaiting a formal green light as the network is undergoing a regime change. The other two are Lumen from Amblin TV and the Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay-produced Cocaine Cowboys.

RelatedRupert Murdoch Scores Victory As European Commission Approves BSkyB Plan To Create A...
Written by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman and executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes, Titans revolves around the eponymous group of young Super Heroes-to-be from the DC Universe. The action series centers on Dick Grayson (probably best known for his alter ego as Robin), who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new Super Heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Goldsman executive produces, with Haimes serving as co-executive producer for WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon.

WBTV has been mining the Titans characters on the animation side with the kids series Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! on sister Cartoon Network.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/titans-show-dc-comics-tnt-pilot-order-833189/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress that, I want DC to do a comic adaptation of COCAINE COWBOYS. (I know the actual premise won't be anywhere near as awesome as that sounds.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

gently caress that, I want DC to do a comic adaptation of COCAINE COWBOYS. (I know the actual premise won't be anywhere near as awesome as that sounds.)

As long as Snowflame makes an appearance.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The MSJ posted:

As long as Snowflame makes an appearance.

I assumed he was the protagonist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just hope that the TNT Titans show doesn't hurt Teen Titans Go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Akiva Goldsman's writing career has featured both good and bad stuff so looking at his resume it's kind of a wash. The only really bad sign is that he was responsible for two bad Batman movies and that's his only superhero experience. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Akiva Goldsman's writing career has featured both good and bad stuff so looking at his resume it's kind of a wash. The only really bad sign is that he was responsible for two bad Batman movies and that's his only superhero experience. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

Fringe was very comic-booky at times (in the best way), and sometimes straight-out superheroey, minus the costumes and code names.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Anna Torv is still my dream Carol. She was pretty wooden in early episodes, but by season 2 she really improved her acting, and when there are two Olivia's running around, but both are very different people it's pretty amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin would have worked as Teen Titans movies.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Welp, there goes my hopes of having Nightwing show on Arrow is gonna be interesting to see their take on the Titans, assuming it pans out that is, I mean that thing about Hourman seems to have vanished from the face of earth.

Isn't DC kind of bloating the TV though?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Welp, there goes my hopes of having Nightwing show on Arrow is gonna be interesting to see their take on the Titans, assuming it pans out that is, I mean that thing about Hourman seems to have vanished from the face of earth.

Well, it's the one area where they actually beat Marvel :v:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Anna Torv is still my dream Carol. She was pretty wooden in early episodes, but by season 2 she really improved her acting, and when there are two Olivia's running around, but both are very different people it's pretty amazing.

Agreed on all counts.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

But true to form, they are doing it in the dumbest way possible, by having a bunch of shows with characters that are related via location or backstory, on shows that are not actually related or even on the same network.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not sure if the 'problem' was her acting or the directing in the first season, but yeah once she settled into the role and got to do rad things like act against herself she really stepped it up a notch.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

WarLocke posted:

I'm not sure if the 'problem' was her acting or the directing in the first season, but yeah once she settled into the role and got to do rad things like act against herself she really stepped it up a notch.

I think people confuse Olivia being bland with Anna Torv being a bad actress. Fauxlivia fauxever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ToastyPotato posted:

But true to form, they are doing it in the dumbest way possible, by having a bunch of shows with characters that are related via location or backstory, on shows that are not actually related or even on the same network.

But so far every show has been self contained outside of Arrow and Flash. And I doubt they could have ties with Constantine or Gotham, the rumored Supergirl series I don't see it working within the Arrow universe and they could just pick a roster without Arsenal for this Titans show (they could use the cartoon roster for example).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

jscolon2.0 posted:

I think people confuse Olivia being bland with Anna Torv being a bad actress. Fauxlivia fauxever.

Yeah, this. Anna Torv is a pretty great actress, it's just that the Olivia part was written to be very bland for some reason at first.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

ToastyPotato posted:

Continuity is overrated. The only thing a massive shared TV universe would accomplish is add a bunch of unnecessary restrictions on what they can and can not show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

Continuity is overrated. The only thing a massive shared TV universe would accomplish is add a bunch of unnecessary restrictions on what they can and can not show.

Which is exactly what is going to happen with 4 concurrent shows and a movie series anyway? Also WB has a history of doing exactly this despite never having a single shared universe for its non-comic stuff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ToastyPotato posted:

Which is exactly what is going to happen with 4 concurrent shows and a movie series anyway? Also WB has a history of doing exactly this despite never having a single shared universe for its non-comic stuff.

Until we get the Crisis on Infinite Channels

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

ToastyPotato posted:

There are plenty of comics that can exist as their own franchises and never crossover while still having shows that do crossover. Arrow/Flash and any other CW stuff they decide will be the only things to crossover.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

No people make that excuse because they liked where she ended up as an actress so it's easy to say that they wrote the character bland on purpose or in order to hide her acting ability for later (some people actually say this) or that they just wrote the character bland because they were bad writers. Olivia was bland because Anna Torv was not a very good actress when the show started. She had stuff to do acting wise that just wasn't impressive at all. She grew much much better as it went along though and it showed. To the point by when the show ended she gave a lot of the most impressive performances on it.

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 12, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

There are plenty of comics that can exist as their own franchises and never crossover while still having shows that do crossover. Arrow/Flash and any other CW stuff they decide will be the only things to crossover.

Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that Arrow/Flash and Teen Titans are kind of historically related to pretty heavy degrees due to characters crossing over, and that the confirmed leader is going to be the protege of another character whose history is being explored in another show and who will be one of the main characters in a new movie universe.

Keeping everything separate is actually going to lead to more cases of character embargoes if anything.

I'm looking at this from a very basic perspective of how much confusion and brand dilution this might cause for Warner Bros. Are there going to be 3 different Flashes potentially? Three Gothams? All at the same time? Will average audiences have no problem with this? Those are the questions I am raising and I am looking at it with respect to what has already been done on TV and in movies, especially with regards to comic book properties and Warner Bros. in general.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ToastyPotato posted:

Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that Arrow/Flash and Teen Titans are kind of historically related to pretty heavy degrees due to characters crossing over

Is kind of a pointless fact since as the cartoon showed up, the Titans can work on its own without the need of referencing the other shows.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is kind of a pointless fact since as the cartoon showed up, the Titans can work on its own without the need of referencing the other shows.

And this isn't a cartoon aimed at small kids so that is also a pointless observation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ToastyPotato posted:

And this isn't a cartoon aimed at small kids so that is also a pointless observation.

That didn't stopped the critics back when the N52 started.

In any case if this project materializes on outside the CW, using the cartoon roster is how they could have the Titans without Kid Flash, Speedy or alluding to Batman.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You can have the Titans who aren't related to bigger characters ie Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire. Thing is they want to have Nightwing too. That might be a problem.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That didn't stopped the critics back when the N52 started.

In any case if this project materializes on outside the CW, using the cartoon roster is how they could have the Titans without Kid Flash, Speedy or alluding to Batman.

Cyborg will also not be there.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Oh I agree that TT could be done without a lot of those cross over characters if they tried, but they are already talking about Nightwing being the leader. Key characters will likely end up having to be cut, and also, no Deathstroke? Slade is already a key villain on Arrow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Cyborg will also not be there.

They're keeping the cartoon cast iirc.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

ToastyPotato posted:

Oh I agree that TT could be done without a lot of those cross over characters if they tried, but they are already talking about Nightwing being the leader. Key characters will likely end up having to be cut, and also, no Deathstroke? Slade is already a key villain on Arrow.

Is there any indication that the show will share a continuity with the other two shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

e X posted:

Is there any indication that the show will share a continuity with the other two shows?

At the moment no. It would probably be in the best interest of the show if it did though, since they would have access to more characters, unless WB legit doesn't care about having multiple actors playing different versions of the same character in projects they are spending millions to make.