Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Odd question but I figure someone would know, was there ever a Chaos Cultist gang for Necromunda, I am planning on attending Adepticon and they have a Necromunda tournament so I wanted to go for Chaos.

Also where the hell are the Necromunda rules I remember them being free. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yes there are rules for Chaos cults, but they aren't that great if I remember correct. Your best are probably :filez:

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

CyberLord XP posted:

Buying rules has been / still is one of my main annoyances with this game. For Orks there is the basic codex, the Ghazgul supplement, Sanctus reach, the main rule book, then all the other supplementary rule books to go with it (escalation, apoc, Imperial armour, etc). I still don't own a copy of 7th edition yet and I've only bought the basic Ork codex because goddamn, I shouldn't need to throw down several hundreds of dollars just for the rules to play the game. It's pretty nuts.
You're also forgetting the white dwarf with looted vehicles. That said you really don't NEED anything beyond the basic ork codex. I've got the ghazz dex and first sanctus book and don't see myself running much from either in the immediate future.

Hencoe posted:

For once its nice being a Tyranid player, I've only had to get the codex and the BRB. The IA 4:2.0 was purely because it kicks so much rear end.

You're forgetting the big pile of dataslates that came out shortly after the book... some of those, like skyblight, are pretty good

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Hollismason posted:

Odd question but I figure someone would know, was there ever a Chaos Cultist gang for Necromunda, I am planning on attending Adepticon and they have a Necromunda tournament so I wanted to go for Chaos.

Also where the hell are the Necromunda rules I remember them being free. :(

Yaktribe is your new Necromunda resource.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 12, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I thought Special Games or the Black Library had the Necromunda rules up for free but I can't seem to find them at all.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I thought Special Games or the Black Library had the Necromunda rules up for free but I can't seem to find them at all.

Wouldn't surprise me if that got removed during the site reconstruction.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Necromunda

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Necromunda uis a fun game and i enjoy playing it

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fix posted:

I honestly have no idea where you get this idea that we disagree about things.

In all fairness I may have credited some comments made by others to you in my mind! As I am getting older it is all becoming a big blur.

On that note - I wanted to publicly thank SRM for joining me for an interview last night for the next episode of The ICs!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Cataphract posted:

You're also forgetting the white dwarf with looted vehicles. That said you really don't NEED anything beyond the basic ork codex. I've got the ghazz dex and first sanctus book and don't see myself running much from either in the immediate future.

You're forgetting the big pile of dataslates that came out shortly after the book... some of those, like skyblight, are pretty good

I addmittedly was just reffering to suppliments/hard copy stuff, I've only used the living artillery formation. A flock of FMC's just seems kinda boring.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'm looking into cobbling together a conversion beamer for a Master of the Forge. So far I know I want to use a GK Psilencer as the base and I'm thinking of a Tau barrel, but I just don't know what I could use to make a good cone-like tip that would fit on the end of a fusion cannon. Any suggestions?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I feel like there's a Dark Eldar vehicle bit that might fit. Maybe the shock prow, or something like that? Might be too spiky though.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Played a game against my brothers Space Marines:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Oh man, I had initially dismissed DE pieces as being too thin but that looks pretty good if I can scrape off the extraneous spikes. I had hoped for something a little more rounded but gently caress it, clunky 4 lyfe.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Ghost Hand posted:

In all fairness I may have credited some comments made by others to you in my mind! As I am getting older it is all becoming a big blur.

On that note - I wanted to publicly thank SRM for joining me for an interview last night for the next episode of The ICs!

What was the topic?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Ghost Hand posted:

Looking forward to listening to this interview. Bonus points to you if you can resist fellating him over how awesome his army looks long enough to ask coherent questions. Double bonus if you didn't.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Moola posted:

Necromunda uis a fun game and i enjoy playing it
True fact, Necromunda's a blast. I played a long campaign with my gaming group that saw a humble juve named Cocktail Weenie rise through the ranks to become a gang champion with BS5, a boltgun with a telescopic sight, and more confirmed kills than anyone else in the gang. I had games where I hit people with a flamer and they jumped off buildings to their fiery doom. I had child soldiers take grenades to the face then get sold into slavery. I had two opponents in a row who had lovingly converted new models for their favorite gangers who just got the gunslinger trait, only to kill them both on their first games. It can't be overstated how much Necromunda rules.

Ghost Hand posted:

It was a lot of fun! I hope I was able to offer some unique insight to the topic without straying too far off!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I have two pictures from an Ultramarine vs. Dark Angel battle that played out at my FLGS on Wednesday. Both armies were almost completely painted and it was a fantastic match that ended in a tie.

I didn't get any pictures of the battle, itself, because the DA player ran a terminator command squad with dakka banner and a techmarine with power field gen in the land raider, then kept the two rhinos and razorback tucked in behind the 'raider while the ultramarine player sat on objectives and shot at a massive unkillable 4++ blob of vehicles and salvo 2/4 marines from 24". Not impressive gameplay-wise, but fantastic in that anytime someone got close to The Relic, the field resembled Khmer Rouge killing fields.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
The only problem with Necromunda is finding a group to play it. Probably my favorite GW game.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

CyberLord XP posted:

The only problem with Necromunda is finding a group to play it. Probably my favorite GW game.
I was lucky to find a group of folks who had played before, in addition to 40k.

koreban posted:

I have two pictures from an Ultramarine vs. Dark Angel battle that played out at my FLGS on Wednesday. Both armies were almost completely painted and it was a fantastic match that ended in a tie.

I didn't get any pictures of the battle, itself, because the DA player ran a terminator command squad with dakka banner and a techmarine with power field gen in the land raider, then kept the two rhinos and razorback tucked in behind the 'raider while the ultramarine player sat on objectives and shot at a massive unkillable 4++ blob of vehicles and salvo 2/4 marines from 24". Not impressive gameplay-wise, but fantastic in that anytime someone got close to The Relic, the field resembled Khmer Rouge killing fields.
It's a shame the battle didn't end up being more exciting; those armies look lovely. The slightly more army green Dark Angels are interesting too.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Is there any idea what the Ordo Reductor War Engines mentioned in the first Horus Heresy rulebook are going to be like, or even when we will get to see rules/models for them? I'm wondering if it would be worth setting aside some cash for one.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 12, 2014

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
An list. All-comers, medium power.

Pedro
Sternguards, 3xCombi Melta, 2xMelta, Drop Pod.
Sternguards, 3xCombi Plasma, 2xPlasma, Drop Pod.
Sternguards, 2xPlasma

Scout, camo cloak
Scout, camo cloak

Stormtalon with Typhoon

3xCenturions with Grav
Predator with TL LC
Thunderfire Cannon.

Total: 1500 pts.

The idea is for the list to be an alpha strike list. Capable of handling either armor or terminators.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Ghost Hand posted:

I hope it was an episode on dawn of war fan reactions.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hencoe posted:

Is there any idea what the Ordo Reductor War Engines mentioned in the first Horus Heresy rulebook are going to be like, or even when we will get to see rules/models for them? I'm wondering if it would be worth setting aside some cash for one.

They'll make it into some book or other, I suspect. Every 30k book seems to have new AdMech units.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah Necromunda and Warhammer Quest are my two favourite games they've done. I got the rules so , gonna read up on them.

Was thinking of converting my Chaos Cultists to gangers, maybe getting that big guy from Imperial Guard as a heavy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hencoe posted:

All the Admech stuff from the first book has models and rules, I believe. Second book as well.

e: Speaking of guns, any idea where this drill bit came from? I think its too large to be from an ork kit (but I could be wrong):

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 13, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Comedy dry wall screw option?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

Yeah Necromunda and Warhammer Quest are my two favourite games they've done. I got the rules so , gonna read up on them.

Was thinking of converting my Chaos Cultists to gangers, maybe getting that big guy from Imperial Guard as a heavy.

I've used the Dark Vengeance cultists as a gang before; they do very well. The Commissar cultist champion makes for a great gang leader, the heavy weapons cultists are big enough to be heavies, and some of the guys with knives are scrawny enough to be juves.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

All the Admech stuff from the first book has models and rules, I believe. Second book as well.

e: Speaking of guns, any idea where this drill bit came from? I think its too large to be from an ork kit (but I could be wrong):

I see a thermos flask is being modelled as well. A brave brother marine from the Emperor's Workmen chapter. Their specialty is dragging out budgets on post exterminatus building projects, chapter tactics are that no actions can be taken with Workmen models on turns 2-5 as this is their tea break . They also have rules about making female models uncomfortable with catcalls and wolf whistling.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I know that, what I mean was. It says in the LoW provisions in the first book on page 184 that you can take 1-3 Ordo Reductor war engines per slot, So I was wondering if any of the people "in the know" were aware of them coming up etc. Since they basically blow poo poo up with crazy weapons, and that is right up my alley. I want to set some aside for one, but if its not even in the works there is no reason to bother.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 13, 2014

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

DJ Dizzy posted:

An list. All-comers, medium power.

Pedro
Sternguards, 3xCombi Melta, 2xMelta, Drop Pod.
Sternguards, 3xCombi Plasma, 2xPlasma, Drop Pod.
Sternguards, 2xPlasma

Scout, camo cloak
Scout, camo cloak

Stormtalon with Typhoon

3xCenturions with Grav
Predator with TL LC
Thunderfire Cannon.

Total: 1500 pts.

The idea is for the list to be an alpha strike list. Capable of handling either armor or terminators.

This is OK but you havent put numbers per squad which is confusing. Basically stern guard are good, but they're t4/3+ models, and in drop pods especially they're in the danger zone. I run a similar list but with only 2 squads of stern guard.

Centurions are kinda bad. I would say devastators get more bang for buck - you could get 4 lascannon devs and a presience inquisitor for that price.

Stormtalon should always have sky hammer. It's just the most cost effective load out.

I'm not really a predator man, but they are good.

The problem with this list is it blows it's load turn 1 then is going to struggle. You have no mid game manoeuvrability. This is why I run two pods and a rhino instead of three pods - you might scatter, and the situation might change on turn 2.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

This is OK but you havent put numbers per squad which is confusing. Basically stern guard are good, but they're t4/3+ models, and in drop pods especially they're in the danger zone. I run a similar list but with only 2 squads of stern guard.

Centurions are kinda bad. I would say devastators get more bang for buck - you could get 4 lascannon devs and a presience inquisitor for that price.

Stormtalon should always have sky hammer. It's just the most cost effective load out.

I'm not really a predator man, but they are good.

The problem with this list is it blows it's load turn 1 then is going to struggle. You have no mid game manoeuvrability. This is why I run two pods and a rhino instead of three pods - you might scatter, and the situation might change on turn 2.

Right, it's 5 duders pr. sternguard squad. No allies ever. Allies are bad. I could drop the predator for more Sternguards.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 13, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

Played a game against my brothers Space Marines:

It's like you two come from a Purple Dimension and I want to live there, that's dope.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!

SRM posted:

That would honestly be a really great start to an army, although probably not one of the cutthroat super competitive ones. Tactical squads in Rhinos are still a solid unit, Sniper Scouts are a great objective holder, and if one of those Tactical squads comes in via drop pod that'll be surprising. Alternately, you could convert one tac squad to a Sternguard squad (the Sternguard kit has enough baubles to make 10 dudes look pretty legit) and put them in the drop pod. Even in friendly games, however, I'm yet to make command squads really work for me. I love their look and the idea of them, but 5 power armored dudes seldom does much. You can arm them all with special weapons though, and 4 plasma guns plus an apothecary could actually be a pretty handy unit. Worst case scenario, the command squad comes with some great bits to convert some really badass Marines. The captain included is also a neat model, but some folks aren't big fans. I've been using Captain Sicarius in almost every game with my Ultras, and unfortunately he just gets doubled out every time. Captains are reasonably cheap combat characters though, and if you can give him a storm shield somehow he'll be fairly hardy. Assault Marines are a pretty meh unit overall, but 5 dudes zipping around the backfield as a counter charge unit might work, or deep striking in with a flamer and wreaking a little havoc. Finally, you have the Venerable Dreadnought. Walkers aren't great, unfortunately. However, I really like Dreadnoughts and think they're neat. Venerable isn't quite as valuable an upgrade as it used to be since Explodes results are rarer on the damage table, but even if you just run him as a regular Dreadnought at least he'll look cool.
TL;DR: It's a good plan if you want to build a diverse, good looking force, but not exactly a super focused or super competitive one.

In a similar vein then, are chaos marines in rhinos a good unit? With cultists to hold objectives?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

not lame! posted:

In a similar vein then, are chaos marines in rhinos a good unit? With cultists to hold objectives?

It's better than footslogging it out, that's for sure. 1 vindicator pieplate cant ruin your day if you are in a rhino.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
Is the ork codex competitive enough as is or is it worth boosting it with waaagh ghazgkull?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

not lame! posted:

Is the ork codex competitive enough as is or is it worth boosting it with waaagh ghazgkull?

Ork codex is enough.

The change to the mob rule from ghazz is only good if you're playing with huge units of boyz. There's some ok wargear too but I prefer having access to the Lukky stix and finking cap.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Im interested in building a Terminus Ultra Land Raider for my Ultramarines but it seems GW doesn't sell the conversion kit anymore. Anyone know anywhere I could buy a predator side sponson without having to buy the whole predator?

Also Im trying to complete my Ultramarines collection of models. Got Calgary and guard, Sicarius, Sgt. Telion and pretty much anything Ultramarines unique character from the sixth edition. Is there anything older or newer Ultramarines Centric I don't know about?

I got the Tyrannic war vets and a Venerable Ultramarines Dread. Just looking for anything else I might have missed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Throb Robinson posted:

Im interested in building a Terminus Ultra Land Raider for my Ultramarines but it seems GW doesn't sell the conversion kit anymore. Anyone know anywhere I could buy a predator side sponson without having to buy the whole predator?

Also Im trying to complete my Ultramarines collection of models. Got Calgary and guard, Sicarius, Sgt. Telion and pretty much anything Ultramarines unique character from the sixth edition. Is there anything older or newer Ultramarines Centric I don't know about?

I got the Tyrannic war vets and a Venerable Ultramarines Dread. Just looking for anything else I might have missed.

There was an Ultramarines 1st company Captain from during the Tyranic invasion that had a limited edition model. Might still be able to get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Space Hulk has sold out on the UK website.

• Locked thread