Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
The best feature of 1.0 is that it'll probably keep you idiots from shooting limp-dicked gamer burns at each other for a week or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Scratch-O posted:

The best feature of 1.0 is that it'll probably keep you idiots from shooting limp-dicked gamer burns at each other for a week or so

I give it two days at most.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
If you take the weak burns away from games, all you have left is flame wars about feminism in the games industry. Is that really what you want?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Let's see what's going to be in 1.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc&t=82s

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CJacobs posted:

There was a subforum on the Starbound forum for SA members for some reason and I guess someone leaked its existence. It was all very stupid.

I was in the IRC when it happened. There's a few people that are always all "hey I don't care what 4chan thinks" while constantly refreshing the 4chan Starbound thread to see what 4chan thinks, and then there was a bit of discussion on "we should make a thread about 4chan in the goon forum to see what they would say!" and when it was pointed out that only auth'd users can access the Goon Forum, screenshots of Goonbound were ~mysteriously~ posted in the thread.

But yeah, the game hasn't updated in a while, though there's the terrible Dailies you can sign up for to see little bites of progress at a time. There's some cool stuff coming down the pipeline but it probably won't be in an actual playable form in a while, so hang tight.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 13, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Yeah but what was the point of this secret "goon" forum. It just seems weird because it's not like a competitive game or anything, so no reason to have secrets or anything.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Some of the devs are long time goons so it was just kind of like "Hey, here's a place for my friends to hang out".

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

There were forums for multiple other communities. They were largely pointless and barely anyone used them and they're gone now, I think. So really, who cares.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There were forums for multiple other communities. They were largely pointless and barely anyone used them and they're gone now, I think. So really, who cares.

People who think that goons run into fun games, drain all the fun out of them with bullshit strategies and then destroy the community. Because, we hate fun things, just like feminists.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

People who think that goons run into fun games, drain all the fun out of them with bullshit strategies and then destroy the community. Because, we hate fun things, just like feminists.

WHat they don't know, and never will, is that we suck the fun out with Fun Sucker Guns and use them to power our Tear Collectors, etc etc etc

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Magmarashi posted:

WHat they don't know, and never will, is that we suck the fun out with Fun Sucker Guns and use them to power our Tear Collectors, etc etc etc

So, when exactly are we getting the children's cartoon with Goons as the villains? Will we also hate colors and Teamwork, while at the same time having the best colors and teamwork?*

*Teamwork compared to the average pubbie

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Some of the devs are long time goons so it was just kind of like "Hey, here's a place for my friends to hang out".

Goons are also a massive internet community that ends up with a presence in basically any game worth playing and even some that aren't. We're just kind of...everywhere.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I noticed there are a bunch of goons moderating various communities for chucklefish.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Leo Showers posted:

Yeah but what was the point of this secret "goon" forum. It just seems weird because it's not like a competitive game or anything, so no reason to have secrets or anything.

There was an early alpha/beta (a week or two) as well given out to members of a few communities including here. That was the main reason those forums existed.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Devour or Fire posted:

I noticed there are a bunch of goons moderating various communities for chucklefish.

I will gladly step down as secret PR guy, but know this, someone MUST take my place, are you ready for that kind of responsibility "Devour of Fire"?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Leo Showers posted:

I'm really surprised this discussion is still going on. I remember reading about it over a month ago. Are the pubbies just unable to let this go?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ModeSix posted:

I'm really surprised this discussion is still going on. I remember reading about it over a month ago. Are the pubbies just unable to let this go?

Oh no, the discussion is dead. Someone here is just asking what that whole 'secret goon sub-forum thing where we direct ChuckleFish's actions?' was about.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, the discussion is dead. Someone here is just asking what that whole 'secret goon sub-forum thing where we direct ChuckleFish's actions?' was about.

Well, since its no longer a secret with what we did in the forum, I guess we can do it pretty much openly then.

Chucklefish, I order you to spend all of that illicit money you have to find RareAcumen's house and rip out his internet. Also replace my satalite internet with something not lovely because god drat do i hate it.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i also notice goons

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Chucklefish, I order you to spend all of that illicit money you have to find RareAcumen's house and rip out his internet. Also replace my satalite internet with something not lovely because god drat do i hate it.

Chucklefish no, don't. Instead, lobby for Net Neutrality so America's lovely internet doesn't become a thing over there in England as well. Like Ebola.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Chucklefish no, don't. Instead, lobby for Net Neutrality so America's lovely internet doesn't become a thing over there in England as well. Like Ebola.

Dont do this, if I must suffer, then everyone suffers.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Does this mean I have to turn in the keys for the company van

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No. But it does mean you have to convert it into a food truck. Gotta find a way to get those sweet, sweet hamburgers. It is a rarity in space after all.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

There was an early alpha/beta (a week or two) as well given out to members of a few communities including here. That was the main reason those forums existed.

I'm pretty surprised everyone got in a big huff about a secret forum but didn't seem to care about this at all.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Kly posted:

I'm pretty surprised everyone got in a big huff about a secret forum but didn't seem to care about this at all.

Babby Nerds have absolutely no priorities in any semblance of order

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Magmarashi posted:

Babby Nerds have absolutely no priorities in any semblance of order

I thought you liked chucklefish.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

I thought you liked chucklefish.

I assume he was is about the upjumped 4chan nerds, because they're the only ones that got 'in a big huff' over the secret goon forums.

The devs certainly didn't get in a big loving baby huff about it, and we didn't either soo...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Svmmone the goonse

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it has something to do with it getting deleted immediately after it was leaked, for whatever reason unknown to the general public.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

Maybe it has something to do with it getting deleted immediately after it was leaked, for whatever reason unknown to the general public.

The general public can get hosed, hope that helps

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Magmarashi posted:

The general public can get hosed, hope that helps

A very real and reasonable stance you're allowed to take when you made all your money on hype and preorders.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

A very real and reasonable stance you're allowed to take when you made all your money on hype and preorders.

I wasn't aware I had made any money on anything, I really need to fire my accountant!

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Magmarashi posted:

I wasn't aware I had made any money on anything, I really need to fire my accountant!

Don't be silly, you know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A goon subforum for Starbound makes no sense because the Starbound thread on Something Awful is basically a Starbound subforum. I didn't know they were handing out developer builds, but that doesn't matter now because of the nightly beta thing anyway.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

Don't be silly, you know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

Nothing I say actually represents CF's stance on things in any way. *I* think the general public can go get hosed because they are insufferable mouth farters, and jumping from me saying that to accusing CF of believing that is pointless dip-shittery. Much like everything else you've said in the thread, so I know why I am not shocked!

CJacobs posted:

A goon subforum for Starbound makes no sense because the Starbound thread on Something Awful is basically a Starbound subforum. I didn't know they were handing out developer builds, but that doesn't matter now because of the nightly beta thing anyway.

It was basically a carry-over from before release when, yes, some goons had early early build access. I suspect it was nuked to avoid the shitstorm of their terrible community finding out they weren't as super special snowflakes as they thought.

There was also the general rule of 'keep it secret or lose it'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Little do you know that the ilgoonminati gets tomorrow's nightly today.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Devour or Fire posted:

Don't be silly, you know what I'm talking about :rolleye:

No matter how much we agree to disagree, I can't stay mad at your anime cyclops girl avatar. :allears:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Magmarashi posted:

Nothing I say actually represents CF's stance on things in any way. *I* think the general public can go get hosed because they are insufferable mouth farters, and jumping from me saying that to accusing CF of believing that is pointless dip-shittery. Much like everything else you've said in the thread, so I know why I am not shocked!

It was basically a carry-over from before release when, yes, some goons had early early build access. I suspect it was nuked to avoid the shitstorm of their terrible community finding out they weren't as super special snowflakes as they thought.

There was also the general rule of 'keep it secret or lose it'

what the gently caress is this

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Leo Showers posted:

what the gently caress is this

Read the rest of his posts lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also I'm still confused, it's like there isn't a whole subforum that can only be read by people who've played :10bux: so I'd guess it'd make the whole private forum redundant and avoid that whole stupid rant about "pubbies".

• Locked thread