Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Korra is not an anime.

and I am not a degenerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

They shouldn't be separate forums anyway.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Aces High posted:

But Korra is the only "anime" I watch and I was happy that it was here in TVIV, I don't want to go to a different sub forum. I'm scared of the transition

Next you'll be telling us you don't watch it in the original Japanese.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Grump posted:

Korra is not an anime.

and I am not a degenerate.

you keep telling yourself that pal

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Actually it would be pretty rad if a possible Korra sequel got picked up by Adult Swim. That's basically the network it was made for

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Madurai posted:

They shouldn't be separate forums anyway.

The separation between forums is an illusion. In the time before the subforums, we posted not about forms of media, but about the energy within ourselves.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

Actually it would be pretty rad if a possible Korra sequel got picked up by Adult Swim. That's basically the network it was made for

alternatively I could see whoever picks up the property taking the Teen Titans Go rout and making something more kid-oriented. Either direction would probably work out fine

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 12, 2014

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
As long as they don't go full Pokemon.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Babygravy posted:

As long as they don't go full Pokemon.

But all the animals in the Avatar world are basically Pokemon anyway. All that's missing are dumb names like Bisonimbus or Goatrilla.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Except Bosco

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

I still can't believe that Bosco just straight up got eaten.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

The separation between forums is an illusion. In the time before the subforums, we posted not about forms of media, but about the energy within ourselves.

And Goatse. Inner energy and Goatse.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
New book 4 related pic of Korra for New York Comic Con (panel October 9th, after the premiere of book 4 incidentally...). New hairdo, doesn't seem bound to a wheelchair.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rincewind posted:

I still can't believe that Bosco just straight up got eaten.

Wow. That must have been tough to swallow.

Jorghnassen posted:

New book 4 related pic of Korra for New York Comic Con (panel October 9th, after the premiere of book 4 incidentally...). New hairdo, doesn't seem bound to a wheelchair.

You don't need wheels in the spirit realm.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Ha well that works out well. I was planning on going as Korra for Halloween but my hair wasn't long enough for her old style, but the new style is actually almost exactly the same as mine.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
I wonder how this new hairstyle will go down with the "Korra needs to wear her hair down more" lobby

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Wildeyes posted:

I wonder how this new hairstyle will go down with the "Korra needs to wear her hair down more" lobby
It always looked better that way!

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Clearly you have never tried working out, or playing sports, or doing anything active while having long hair down. :colbert:

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Yeah, even with moderate-length hair it isn't easy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Just make every character bald. Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Lin, Pema, Bumi, Kya, every single one.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Largest fists of any avatar

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kibayasu posted:

Just make every character bald. Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Lin, Pema, Bumi, Kya, every single one.

This, and then give Jinora her hair back

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Season 4:

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This, and then give Jinora her hair back

She'll be the last hairbender :haw:

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Hopefully this will work, as this is the first time I've used spoilers, but Daniel Dae Kim confirmed that Hiroshi Sato will be back for Book 4. Very excited about the character growth possibilities for Asami, as well as maybe a return of the Equalists?

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Kibayasu posted:

There's gotta be a fan art for that right? Off to deviant I go.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So for whatever reason, this show didn't record to my DVR, and I had also unbookmarked this thread, so I only watched the last three episodes (well, two if you count the two parter as one) of Korra tonight.

Tenzin's fight in The Ultimatum was one of the single most impressive moments I've seen in the entire series, and that includes The Last Airbender. When he blasted all of the Red Lotus back to buy time I was like gently caress yeah, and then he started *chumping* Zaheer in the one on one fight and I was like gently caress YEAH and then when it because (quickly) obvious that Bumi and Kya couldn't hold their ground against the other two I realized Zaheer was just buying time and I was like oh noooo

Also the finale was great

Book 3 was good

That is all

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
^ I must say, I yelled "He's drawing you away from the main battle! Don't follow him!" to Tenzin multiple times in that fight. The battle was basically "master airbender, master waterbender and novice airbender" against "master waterbender, master earthbender and gifted novice airbender", but then Tenzin went after Zaheer and it became "master waterbender and master earthbender" against "master waterbender and novice airbender". No wonder that they lost.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

JT Jag posted:

So for whatever reason, this show didn't record to my DVR...

That's because the series doesn't air on TV anymore, it is only online.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JT Jag posted:

So for whatever reason, this show didn't record to my DVR, and I had also unbookmarked this thread, so I only watched the last three episodes (well, two if you count the two parter as one) of Korra tonight.

Klungar posted:

That's because the series doesn't air on TV anymore, it is only online.

Yep. Right in the middle of the season Nick put the show took the show off TV and put in on various streaming sites only. Another result of this, if you haven't been reading the thread, is that Season 4 now starts October 3rd, next month, because Nick just isn't even trying any more.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Um, wow.

That's tremendously stupid.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Korra channeling Bryan Fury here.

Also, the new bob cut is nice.

When is the new season premier again? Word of god was that it's supposed to be on Oct 3rd, but is it gonna be this year?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

Korra channeling Bryan Fury here.

Also, the new bob cut is nice.

When is the new season premier again? Word of god was that it's supposed to be on Oct 3rd, but is it gonna be this year?

Yes.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
That's nice. Now I just need to tunnel my way and set myself up as a US IP so that I can watch an American show, thanks Nick :mad:

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Get hola unblocker for Chrome

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Babygravy posted:

Get hola unblocker for Chrome

Will do. Never used Chrome, so it's a good opportunity.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

uncleKitchener posted:

Will do. Never used Chrome, so it's a good opportunity.

It's also available for Firefox!

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Thanks, amigos. It was about time I started doing this.

Finally I can watch Korra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I've been using Hola for years and the Nick website is the only one I've come across where Hola didn't work. Good luck.

• Locked thread