Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Space-Pope posted:

destiny has a 74 on metacritic

lol aaa gaming is dead

"the review embargo until release day is necessary", they said, "the game world needs to be populated for reviewers to get the genuine experience", they said. "we're totally not doing this so people won't cancel their preorders", they said, whilst shiting and vomiting themselves to death because they're aaa devs and will all be laid off now after working 18 hours a day for the last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
please play gone home

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

zonar posted:

please play gone home

I kept expecting jumpscares but they never came

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

several goons have called nintendo re:smash codes. as in, gotten on a loving phone and asked them when/if there would be more codes and if they're getting one. jfc

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
25-30 bucks on ebay

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kenny Logins posted:

c ps+ js: kingdoms of amalur: reckoning is real bad

it reminds me of when I first tried wow 10 years ago and while i get that people like that, really didn't grab me then and not much better now even with a better combat system

also wowee wow wow turbo generic fantasy and turns out it's written by ra Salvatore which explains a lot

the only people who could ever be excited to hear that something was written by salvatore are people who haven't read any salvatore

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

stoutfish posted:

25-30 bucks on ebay

wtf really? you made me check ebay.de and there were only a handful sold at 5-10€ so lol america

the demo comes out proper in 6 days ffs

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

zonar posted:

please play gone home

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

zonar posted:

please play gone home

"play"?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

god dammit hamcat

Squeezy Farm posted:

i got a smash bros code by lurking Yospos. didnt even hafta post my dick. the game suxx anyways, sorry fanbois.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the next person who has a smash bros code please PM it to me so jokers like THIS guy can't steal it from me, its rightful owner.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

will you be posting your genitals or are we safe from that?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Werthog 95 posted:

god dammit hamcat

would rather read dickposts than fyadposts tbh

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Fabricated posted:

Destiny's bad reviews are kinda renewing my faith in the big sites again. I guess their reviews didn't matter since Destiny made $500 mil back already (and I bought it! :downs:) but they really kinda nail it in the reviews

The foundation of the game is not bad; it's actually pretty good. For being always online and therefore subject to server/client lag the combat feels really good, the weapons are good, controls are pretty good, UI is "not terrible" which is a major accomplishment for a console MMO, looks really fuckin good, music/sound is good, etc

but like...no content. Borderlands 1, much less 2, did more interesting poo poo despite most of it boiling down to "go to this place and shoot the mans". Strike bosses are still big HP sponges with death-cannons and boring compared to even the dumbest of Borderlands 1/2's HP sponge superbosses.

I'm enjoying it still now but looking at the available content, they're gonna need to really crank content out fast and NOW to keep people on the hook for DLC.

this seems to be the consensus. the most fun thing about it is the actual combat and mechanics, but as a sum of its parts, destiny has about as much personality as an excel spreadsheet. i still enjoy it in spite of glaring flaws, but i definitely see myself going back to BF4 as my go-to gently caress-around toy after i hit the level cap.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Papes posted:

its fun tho, i wonder why the review are bad. any goons up for some tonight?

quick reminder that "fun" is a meaningless metric of a game's quality

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

that's the most stymie post i've ever read

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
destiny is probably not a great game but I'll buy it in a month or so anyway and probably enjoy it to some degree like most people

FIFA 15 demo is darn pretty I may buy it this year though I fear being sucked in my FUT (stands for FIFA Ultimate Team) that is fairly dope IMO

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyway http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664580 so I made a thread about my game in the project log. any support or feedback I apprecaited. I know your time is deadly precious

here are screenshots

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wish I could change the controls in smash but I'm poo poo anyway

I was sure we wouldn't get the demo for a month but woke up to email from nintendo lol

Also gtav release date yesssss

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

bonermobile posted:

He's right though

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

saucepanman posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What's so funny. Why don't you actually try to refute that statement.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah ev training in x/y was good thanks to super training. still didnt change the fact that having to get a poke with good ivs is a pain in the rear end since you have to breed like a thousand loving eggs

Lmao if you use Super Training to EV train.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

raruler posted:

I kept expecting jumpscares but they never came

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

bonermobile posted:

it's a reference to some idiotic "thinkpiece" about finding new adjectives to describe a quality game, such as "enlightening" lol

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Wish I could change the controls in smash but I'm poo poo anyway

same, but fwiw you can fully customize them in the actual game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Katana Gomai posted:

"the review embargo until release day is necessary", they said, "the game world needs to be populated for reviewers to get the genuine experience", they said. "we're totally not doing this so people won't cancel their preorders", they said, whilst shiting and vomiting themselves to death because they're aaa devs and will all be laid off now after working 18 hours a day for the last year

a game review embargo is like a movie with no pull quotes

like, gently caress, you couldn't even get WIRED MAGAZINE? you couldn't get ANYTHING?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Also gtav release date yesssss

loving November though and lol January for PC what the hell :pwn: just want the PC version out to see what mods people make

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also I want to play it coz I haven't played it at all

I am getting the impression that gta5 is awesome what sucks is that GTA is tired as a concept???

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

echinopsis posted:

also I want to play it coz I haven't played it at all

I am getting the impression that gta5 is awesome what sucks is that GTA is tired as a concept???

idk what happened over the last 2 years but sleeping dogs is great fun and pretty much just gta

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Miley Virus posted:

idk what happened over the last 2 years but sleeping dogs is great fun and pretty much just gta

Sleeping dogs is fun but I don't think it has the same general loving around potential as gtav

It's too bad the actual missions in gta are getting even more linear if anything

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i heard ppl failing missions easily for stupid poo poo

what i loved about gta san andreas was how NOT lkike that it was. once i couldnt do a mission but i still have the spinning machine gun from a mission and i blew up the dudes car before he could get into it totally shortcutting the mission and i succeded! for my brains yousee

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Katana Gomai posted:

embargoes are actually sort of useful for single player stuff because reviews have a tendency to play for an hour and write the review which is not good if you're playing something with 20 (or even just 12) hours of gameplay in it

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'll see if either of my smash buddies respond

how could you post this and not write "smash bros"

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

that makes me wanna smash a bro

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

computer parts posted:

embargoes are actually sort of useful for single player stuff because reviews have a tendency to play for an hour and write the review which is not good if you're playing something with 20 (or even just 12) hours of gameplay in it

also don't forget single player stuff tends to review really well. look at the historical top games for metacritic scores and they're pretty much all games with essentially no multiplayer (e.g. half-life and half-life 2 didn't really have any solid multi at launch and were reviewed entirely on their sp merits, gta5's multi launched 2 weeks late so wasn't part of anyone's review, bioshock 1 and infinite had no multi at all etc.)

and i definitely remember a review for i think the standalone version of counter-strike or some such thing in a pc gaming magazine that got docked points specifically because its online multiplayer population was full of immature fucktards

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

computer parts posted:

they didnt give reviewers copies of destiny until september 8th lol

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Kenny Logins posted:

triggered like a motherfucker
mods

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's so funny. Why don't you actually try to refute that statement.

for you knuc, no.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

computer parts posted:

Yeah...yeah! I love it when companies try to prevent consumers from making informed decisions...hell it's actually pretty useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

saucepanman posted:

for you knuc, no.

Pussy/retard/both.

• Locked thread