Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

TerminalBlue posted:

I'm just starting to dick around with this game, and enjoying it. If it doesn't wear off after a few days or so I don't have a problem with paying a video game's price to have some plat to spend over whatever period of time.

What's the best way to do this? Those Prime access packs? The Steam bundles seem pretty poo poo in comparison.

The game will irregularly throw Plat discounts at you as login rewards. If you can hold off until you get a 75% off coupon, you can get a shitload of Plat for next to no cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

SourceElement posted:

The game will irregularly throw Plat discounts at you as login rewards. If you can hold off until you get a 75% off coupon, you can get a shitload of Plat for next to no cost.

Ah, thanks. I'm in no rush, so that's perfect.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Prime Accesses are also pretty drat good Content To Money ratio at the highest tiers, I've found. A shitload of plat, plus 90 day boosters (which stack with the 90 day boosters of the next/previous Access), plus free already potatoed Frame and weapons, PLUS shiny accessories. If you have the disposable income, I recommend it. Hold off til the next one, though, Loki Prime's is about to end, supposedly the next one will be Nyx.

Admittedly, take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm slightly insane and have bought the highest tier of all three Prime Accesses so far :q: if I'd had a job at the time I would've bought Founders, too.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 13, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TerminalBlue posted:

I'm just starting to dick around with this game, and enjoying it. If it doesn't wear off after a few days or so I don't have a problem with paying a video game's price to have some plat to spend over whatever period of time.

What's the best way to do this? Those Prime access packs? The Steam bundles seem pretty poo poo in comparison.
In regards to the Steam packs, keep an eye on them in sale seasons. I managed to get the Tenno pack for $25 back in July last year. I still have half of that plat left.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The Prime Accesses are also pretty drat good Content To Money ratio at the highest tiers, I've found. A shitload of plat, plus 90 day boosters (which stack with the 90 day boosters of the next/previous Access), plus free already potatoed Frame and weapons, PLUS shiny accessories. If you have the disposable income, I recommend it. Hold off til the next one, though, Loki Prime's is about to end, supposedly the next one will be Nyx.

Admittedly, take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm slightly insane and have bought the highest tier of all three Prime Accesses so far :q: if I'd had a job at the time I would've bought Founders, too.

I just picked up Loki Prime Access the other day; Carrier looks absolutely hilarious w/the Prime Accessories addons.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm tempted to buy the Accessories Pack, but I'm not throwing down that much money without getting some plat out of it.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Well now I'm mad. Tried my second rank up test, got a loading screen, got kicked back to the ship, and now I have to wait 24 hours to try again.

I'm not really mad, but it's sure annoying. I get what they were going for with the 24 hour cooldown, but I wish they made sure you actually got into the silly test before flipping that switch.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

TerminalBlue posted:

Well now I'm mad. Tried my second rank up test, got a loading screen, got kicked back to the ship, and now I have to wait 24 hours to try again.

I'm not really mad, but it's sure annoying. I get what they were going for with the 24 hour cooldown, but I wish they made sure you actually got into the silly test before flipping that switch.

Could be worse! Like, oh, say, getting into the test and then having Stalker show up to tear you a new rear end in a top hat.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Could be worse! Like, oh, say, getting into the test and then having Stalker show up to tear you a new rear end in a top hat.

Wow, I didn't know that could happen. Do they even playtest this thing?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Wow, I didn't know that could happen. Do they even playtest this thing?

It's not supposed to, and allegedly it's been fixed :v: His spawn chance when you're solo is pretty tiny, like 2%, but sometimes the RNG just goes "Hey. Hey.

gently caress you."
I personally think it should be intentional, with a slight tweak that it wouldn't reset the 24 hour timer. I think it'd fit his whole fluff "RAWR MUST MURDER TENNO" shtick, and where better to ambush them than the mysterious between space we get sent to for Mastery trials?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 13, 2014

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Magus42 posted:

I just picked up Loki Prime Access the other day; Carrier looks absolutely hilarious w/the Prime Accessories addons.

How hard is it to farm Loki Prime and Bo Prime? Those were my starter frame/melee weapon combo and there's still some sentimental value in getting them.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Hey, I'd take that over just not even getting to the test space. :colbert:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Playing with pubbies due to low clan numbers at this time of day/broken chat makes me really appreciate goons more. I mean joke about :10bux: and all, but at least most of them know to stay near pods in defense and not be hallway warriors halfway across the map. This is the first time I've met a Nova on a defense that managed to actually slow down killing because they were acting as a hallway warrior half across the map and popping a slow MP so it took ages for infested to get anywhere.

Also someone teach me to appreciate bows? I finally lucked into a dread, but I've been using a 2-forma bolter before and leveling it has been... painful, even with Thunderbolt

Edit: Also at this time, chat is broken.

Edit2: For people who missed the 24 alerts, Vauban Helmet is up for the next hour at time of edit.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 13, 2014

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

SourceElement posted:

I have fairly regularly played for over a year and have not gotten a 75% off plat discount reward, so there is a chance you might be waiting quite a long time.

I would try to wait if possible to buy a Tenno pack or Prime Access pack until around update 15 so that you can get those rewards instead while you farm for the existing stuff now that are much easier to get for plat than they were at first. I bought some small amount of plat in the beginning to tide me over and then got a founder pack (now really Prime Access) when my starter frame was about level 30. The affinity and credit boosters are admittedly quite handy as a new player starved of credits and arsenal choices, but it's easy enough to accumulate everything cool given some time besides the cosmetics in this game. The boosters are probably more helpful than the plat in many respects (you can't buy 90 day boosters at all - you'd have to buy lots of 7-day boosters for plat). I bought a Tenno pack last year and haven't cracked it open and happened to win a 1k plat reward on a Livestream giveaway, but I've frivolously given out plat to goons and with resource drop chance boosters in groups.

The Tenno pack on Steam will likely be on sale again in the Steam fall sale but that's probably when update 15 will land anyway.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Fishstick posted:

Playing with pubbies due to low clan numbers at this time of day/broken chat makes me really appreciate goons more. I mean joke about :10bux: and all, but at least most of them know to stay near pods in defense and not be hallway warriors halfway across the map. This is the first time I've met a Nova on a defense that managed to actually slow down killing because they were acting as a hallway warrior half across the map and popping a slow MP so it took ages for infested to get anywhere.

Also someone teach me to appreciate bows? I finally lucked into a dread, but I've been using a 2-forma bolter before and leveling it has been... painful, even with Thunderbolt

Edit: Also at this time, chat is broken.

Edit2: For people who missed the 24 alerts, Vauban Helmet is up for the next hour at time of edit.

Dread is a crit weapon, put the crit mods in it and it tops out at something like 125% crit chance. Also, it will never achieve the hallway-clearing power of automatics. It's good for one-shotting heavies, can be quite fun when you have a max-efficiency build so you can clear the grunts with frame powers, then clean up with the Dread.

I don't even bother with Thunderbolt on a Dread; it's kinda cool but at a bow's fire rate it's trivial compared to the massive single-target damage of the arrows themselves. If you want to get down with Thunderbolt, put it on an Attica; if you want to really get down with Thunderbolt, put it on an Attica and use it with Mirage, then have fun clearing entire maps in seconds.

Your sentiments re: pubbies are entirely justified and not uncommon. It's as if only a small portion of the playerbase understands that xp is shared among the whole squad when someone else kills something, because a surefire way to generate hallway heroism is to simply be better at killing than the pubbies around you. Without fail, most of them will then move up far enough that you can't shoot what they're shooting without leaving the pod vulnerable, so that they can get all those precious kills. Most- not even some, but most- pubs can be herded halfway across the map by simply moving up behind them and shooting at what they're shooting, causing them to move forward even further.

In a way, I suppose DE isn't completely off-base to want to focus on PvP, since it seems like most of their players treat this as a competitive game rather than co-op in the first place.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tezzeract posted:

How hard is it to farm Loki Prime and Bo Prime? Those were my starter frame/melee weapon combo and there's still some sentimental value in getting them.

I don't know, I just bought them :)

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Fishstick posted:

The boss fight against Vor and Lech Kril on Phobos is the best pace for seeing pubbies in action. Frost pubby freezing Lech kril so he can't do the attack he needs to change phases? Pile of Loki's sitting in the middle of Vor's laser grenade things? Everyone shooting Vor while he has his invincible shield up and ignoring the grineer he summons? All there and more.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Just joined Warframe goons and right after logging into chat it logged off and stayed like that for all the time I was on :(. I really wanna get my hands on the new Mirage warframe! (Also part of that name is my username :D) Anyone willing to donate some parts to unlock the story or join up and grind the missions? Also why does the Dojo only consist of decorations and oracle lab? Do we have any research rooms for making cool stuff or is that pending?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I gave the resource boosters a try today. The 2x chance one seems lovely and doesn't do much (probably since it only affects your kills), but the 2x amount one is really sweet (because other dude's drops get doubled). Walking out of survivals with like 20 o-cells or neurals is really satisfying.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
How big of a pain is Loki Prime to get?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

hagie posted:

How big of a pain is Loki Prime to get?

It's one of the harder Primes to get because 2 of its parts only drop in T4, hence why Loki Prime stuff goes for quite a bit of plat.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's one of the harder Primes to get because 2 of its parts only drop in T4, hence why Loki Prime stuff goes for quite a bit of plat.

Yea I just saw on the site it's like $80 +2k plat and some poo poo

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

hagie posted:

Yea I just saw on the site it's like $80 +2k plat and some poo poo

I meant on trade chat. Loki Prime parts go for anywhere between 40 to 80 plat.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I was talking if I went to pay $ to outright buy it

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

quote:

Saturday, Sept. 13: Cite your Resources in MLA format!
Alert 1: Neurode
Alert 2: Orokin Cell
Alert 3: Argon Crystal

So is this just one of each? Cause if so... :effort:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I did them, but only because I needed another argon for an incubator.

TerminalBlue posted:

Yep, that happened to me too. Thank goodness it was on a rank 6 test and not an important one though.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So is this just one of each? Cause if so... :effort:

I'm okay with today's alerts being duds 'cause I'm away for the day and can't get them anyway.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Perhaps I should have named it Bear instead. :ohdear:

edit: wait is this the lotus lower-half head? holy poo poo this dog might be worth some spacebux

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 14, 2014

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Opposing Farce posted:

I'm okay with today's alerts being duds 'cause I'm away for the day and can't get them anyway.

Good news! Gun Potato just popped up on Uranus.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

kafziel posted:

Good news! Gun Potato just popped up on Uranus.

Well then, guess it's time to bust out the laptop and play 1 FPS Warframe.

e: for all the poo poo we give pubbies, they sure got me that blueprint

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 14, 2014

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

e: for all the poo poo we give pubbies, they sure got me that blueprint

When there's potatoes or formas on the line, the infinite monkeys at infinite keyboards can work together surprisingly well.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

a cat on an apple posted:

Perhaps I should have named it Bear instead. :ohdear:

edit: wait is this the lotus lower-half head? holy poo poo this dog might be worth some spacebux
Mess around with the colors to check? One of the dog color sets should be available for just credits.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

Mess around with the colors to check? One of the dog color sets should be available for just credits.

I couldn't figure out how to manage this, but I presume it's because I'm pulling the Kubrow out of Stasis? Would I just go to my Arsenal and click Customise?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

a cat on an apple posted:

I couldn't figure out how to manage this, but I presume it's because I'm pulling the Kubrow out of Stasis? Would I just go to my Arsenal and click Customise?

Correct. Changing your Kubrows colors is the same as changing them on a weapon or Frame, just go to Arsenal and Customize.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
So, I got and am fiddling with a Quanta, and it's ... well, it's interesting, so far. Weird to not have a zoom.

I was wondering, though. What does Multishot do in one of these beam weapons? Also, what does Heavy Caliber do to beam weapons like this?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

kafziel posted:

So, I got and am fiddling with a Quanta, and it's ... well, it's interesting, so far. Weird to not have a zoom.

I was wondering, though. What does Multishot do in one of these beam weapons? Also, what does Heavy Caliber do to beam weapons like this?

Multi shot is arguably even better in the beam weapons, since it still gives you multiple beams- just that they overlap, so they damage at the same time. I haven't tested Heavy Caliber, though.

vvv reeeeally? :getin: I know what I'm slotting when I get up tomorrow, then.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 14, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Heavy Caliber has no negative effect on the Quanta.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
With beam weapons, Heavy Caliber can make the beam waver or wobble slightly. It's usually very little, thanks to the weapon's near-perfect base accuracy. I find that it actually makes it easier to aim with weapons like the Flux Rifle or Synapse, since their default pinpoint accuracy means that it's easy to miss by being a pixel off.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kuromyneko posted:

Just joined Warframe goons and right after logging into chat it logged off and stayed like that for all the time I was on :(. I really wanna get my hands on the new Mirage warframe! (Also part of that name is my username :D) Anyone willing to donate some parts to unlock the story or join up and grind the missions? Also why does the Dojo only consist of decorations and oracle lab? Do we have any research rooms for making cool stuff or is that pending?

Only Prime frames/weapons can be traded; you'll have to earn Mirage on your own, though goons can certainly help with the missions to get the needed ciphers/etc.

Not sure what you're talking about regarding the dojo, it has all 4 labs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Can I equip more than one rifle damage mod at a time? I kinda just want to slot nothing but these.