Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

vandiar posted:

As a side note if anyone needs a somewhat Isaac style game fix to tide them over until November, I picked up Runers on Steam and it's a blast, great gameplay and mechanics with the rune combining to make new spells/upgrades.
Runers is a really neat game. It's not a game that looks particularly good in screenshots (or even in motion a lot of the time), but it is a lot of fun if you can look past what I assume is a lot of programmer art. The soundtrack is pretty solid too, which helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mental Midget posted:

I died from a fly that came out of a 3 head monty once, AND I had fly love. Evidently the flies are hostile a split second before turning non-hostile. Working as intended also.

When I was trying for the "kill Mom with bible" achievement, I finally had a bible after never even seeing one for like 50 hours and was on Depths II. One heart left, I went into a room right after clearing the previous one and my beggar follower spawned a super troll bomb right in the entrance of the room I just left. Had to go back because the other room was a dead end and didn't have the speed to dodge the bomb :negative:

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Get both the compass and the map. Next two floors are curse of darkness.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So I thought it was finally time to install the WoL copy I had sitting in my Steam inventory. Wow this game kicks my arse even harder now.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Finally preodered Rebirth, thanks steam trading cards! :3: November couldn't come soon enough.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Felix_Cat posted:

Get both the compass and the map. Next two floors are curse of darkness.

I hate curse of darkness more than any other curse.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
It's just annoying more than anything else. The only serious impact is that it makes it harder to find the secret room and the top secret room.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It also prevents you from prioritizing certain rooms/bee-lining, especially when you have mapping and the compass. It should only affect rooms you haven't visited yet though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Soundtrack is up for pre-order for $3, six tracks available now with the rest coming November 4.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

I like it.

And the news post doesn't have much other than the soundtrack announcement. It'll be on Steam tomorrow with a loyalty discount.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
It does have the new Cathedral track, though.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Based on that soundtrack list having two blanked out entries (and based on the title of those entries), it looks like we can assume one more level with one last ultimate ending final boss to fight. Nice of him to keep what those are blank!

e: Also, "Chest Fight" ... maybe you don't find ??? at the end of the Chest now?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

BlackFrost posted:

Based on that soundtrack list having two blanked out entries (and based on the title of those entries), it looks like we can assume one more level with one last ultimate ending final boss to fight. Nice of him to keep what those are blank!

e: Also, "Chest Fight" ... maybe you don't find ??? at the end of the Chest now?

The real question is when do we get DLC with a NEW super final secret level that you can reach from the Chest or the new place beyond Sheol.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I've always assumed there'll be a full stage based on the I AM ERROR room. If not, well... modding time!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

BlackFrost posted:

The alt-Chest beyond Sheol. And whatever the boss there is. "Devoid" and "The Fallen Angel" huh? Lucifer? Isaac always knew he was going to Hell. Or maybe that would be too obvious.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

IMJack posted:

The alt-Chest beyond Sheol. And whatever the boss there is. "Devoid" and "The Fallen Angel" huh? Lucifer? Isaac always knew he was going to Hell. Or maybe that would be too obvious.

It should be the shadow of Dad. Incredibly hard bullet-hell boss but dies instantly to Dad's key.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

IMJack posted:

We already fought Satan, wouldn't Lucifer just be redundant?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Maybe The Fallen just got its own music this time?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Kaethela posted:

We already fought Satan, wouldn't Lucifer just be redundant?
Satan and Lucifer are separate entities in the world of esoteric mystical poo poo :eng101:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
How many runs on average do you guys successfully get past Mom? I think I'm extremely lovely at this game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I AM BRAWW posted:

How many runs on average do you guys successfully get past Mom? I think I'm extremely lovely at this game.

Most of my runs I probably restart after like 1-2 floors if I'm getting garbage. I am trying to clear out the last three or so achievements though. If I actually just sit and play then it's probably rare I don't make it past Mom.

I mean, Utero itself is harder than Mom's Heart, in my opinion. I probably lose more runs to lovely rooms full of bloody leapers and masks than anything in The Womb/Utero.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

The Kins posted:

Soundtrack is up for pre-order for $3, six tracks available now with the rest coming November 4.

I didn't know the soundtrack was being made by one of the guys in Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Now I am too excited.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

lordfrikk posted:

Finally preodered Rebirth, thanks steam trading cards! :3: November couldn't come soon enough.

What's up, paid-for-Rebirth-with-cards buddy?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Daniel and Edmund streamed rebirth today but they overlayed it really transparent over their webcam to troll people. There was some new stuff though.

New wierd co-op baby. Ed said it's a secret, It shot in diagonals and maybe had different controls/movement.

When a tear hits something four smaller tears shoot out in in an X.

Lets you smash rocks when you walk over them. There where a few kinds it couldn't smash though.

New boss, seems to just be two little things that charge at you, but they died really early in the fight.

Ed also mentioned hard mode a few times.

NoUU fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 16, 2014

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

NoUU posted:

New boss, seems to just be two little things that charge at you, but they died really early in the fight.

Ed also mentioned hard mode a few times.

Those look like... like baby Gurdys. How many goddamn Gurdys do we need?! That's three now. It's like a goddamn pokemon.

Not that this is bad, I just loving hate Gurdy and all of its forms.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Holy poo poo chocolate milk can actually be amazing.

I'm not sure what the interaction is dependent on, but I picked up chocolate milk while I had IPECAC and technology 2. The technology 2 laser fires continuously but the damage also charges as I hold it down. Basically I am firing a stream of fully charged technology shots. Oh and the technology 2 beam takes like a second to become fully charged again if I let go to fire a charged IPECAC bombs.

The best part is I can fire the technology 2 beam without shooting IPECAC, and just release fire whenever I do want to shoot the charged IPECAC shot. It's the best of both worlds.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

lordfrikk posted:

drat it. I caved and bought it directly last night.

I know about the cards thing but couldn't be bothered again I guess (I saved that poo poo for the Bioshock Collection and Tomb Raider on this summer sale).

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sparticle posted:

I didn't know the soundtrack was being made by one of the guys in Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Now I am too excited.
He was the voice of the intro in the original Isaac as well!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

NoUU posted:

Daniel and Edmund streamed rebirth today but they overlayed it really transparent over their webcam to troll people. There was some new stuff though.

New wierd co-op baby. Ed said it's a secret, It shot in diagonals and maybe had different controls/movement.

Not much of a secret since it appeared in the PAX stream.
It has an R U A WIZARD? effect on it all times.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Black August posted:

Those look like... like baby Gurdys. How many goddamn Gurdys do we need?! That's three now. It's like a goddamn pokemon.

Not that this is bad, I just loving hate Gurdy and all of its forms.

Quit complaining, we could've gotten another, harder Peep alt :shepicide:

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Is there any way of playing the game without the Wrath Of The Lamb DLC if you own it (on Steam)? I'm not even sure where I got it from, maybe a Humble Bundle or something, because I definitely didn't buy it. I'm loving terrible and have never beaten the game and I don't think the WOL content is helping matters much.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

chippy posted:

Is there any way of playing the game without the Wrath Of The Lamb DLC if you own it (on Steam)? I'm not even sure where I got it from, maybe a Humble Bundle or something, because I definitely didn't buy it. I'm loving terrible and have never beaten the game and I don't think the WOL content is helping matters much.

right click the game in your library, go to "properties", and look under the "DLC" tag. There should be a little checkbox next to the DLC name.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

chippy posted:

Right click Binding of Isaac in Steam, click properties, click DLC and then deselect Wrath of the Lamb.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Sanctum posted:

Holy poo poo chocolate milk can actually be amazing.

I'm not sure what the interaction is dependent on, but I picked up chocolate milk while I had IPECAC and technology 2. The technology 2 laser fires continuously but the damage also charges as I hold it down. Basically I am firing a stream of fully charged technology shots. Oh and the technology 2 beam takes like a second to become fully charged again if I let go to fire a charged IPECAC bombs.

The best part is I can fire the technology 2 beam without shooting IPECAC, and just release fire whenever I do want to shoot the charged IPECAC shot. It's the best of both worlds.

I would assume that you were Cain in this particular run, it's an interaction that only works with him since he fires everything from one side.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Chemical Bastard posted:

Right click Binding of Isaac in Steam, click properties, click DLC and then deselect Wrath of the Lamb.

Would this make it easier to no-hit the Depths and the Womb? It wouldn't get rid of the thrice-damned leapers or dead babies, but without the loving shopkeeper heads I might stand a chance.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I think that for a while now until the next game is out, I'll disable WotL. I bought the two together, and 100%'ed it, so it would be an interesting change of pace. When I got this game for a friend, he had the option to not apply WotL right away, and some of the changes were interesting. Such as having two items in the shop instead of one.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It's been so long since I last played without WotL, I look forward to seeing old friend Explosive Diarrhoea in Rebirth.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

AndroidHub posted:

I would assume that you were Cain in this particular run, it's an interaction that only works with him since he fires everything from one side.
Nope, Isaac. I tested with just technology 2 and chocolate milk and the charge worked the same, you hold down fire like normal and basically deal double damage with your technology 2 beam by keeping your normal tear shot charged.

Speaking of Cain, gently caress everything. Both blood machines paid out at exactly the same time and I barely got any money out of them.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Sanctum posted:

Nope, Isaac. I tested with just technology 2 and chocolate milk and the charge worked the same, you hold down fire like normal and basically deal double damage with your technology 2 beam by keeping your normal tear shot charged.

Speaking of Cain, gently caress everything. Both blood machines paid out at exactly the same time and I barely got any money out of them.

You just got unlimited money! Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Nah, he can still run out of health to spend. What he really needs is the bloody penny. Then he'd really be rolling in the dollar.

Seriously though, each half health translates into two pulls from the iv bag (you can use it again in the invincibility frames), so that's a decent amount of dough, and enough soul hearts that it's completely safe to use.

• Locked thread