Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Gigi Galli posted:

Who are the frontrunners to replace him?

There aren't many available so probably Fernando Santos or Jesualdo Ferreira who's coached all the top teams in Portugal or the more unlikely Manuel José.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Ronaldo as player-coach

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Pereira is available.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

poo poo Farm posted:

Pereira is available.

I don't think the federation will let him talk what he wants to talk though

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Manuel José, Fernando Santos (suspended by FIFA tho), Vítor Pereira and Jesualdo have been all the 'relatively likely' names spoken about.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seven seconds into the match and Eliseu already has a yellow card.

What a player.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Salvio is so dreamy, so talented, so pretty, so technical :allears:

marry me salvio pls

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This Talisca guy is p.good

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The new black Eusebio scores

Those trips to the gym are starting to pay off for Talisca

edit: Twice!!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

hat trick :getin:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electronico6 posted:

The new black Eusebio scores

Those trips to the gym are starting to pay off for Talisca

edit: Twice!!

hahahaha yeah... the gym

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

when was the last time Lima managed to score a goal?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Don't know if this was posted in this thread yet but it seems that the Portuguese league is on TV in US now. It's in english on GolTV I think but I don't get it so am watching it in spainish Univision Deportes which seems to have the spainish rights for it in the US. The game they are going to be airing is Sporting vs Belenenses, anything of note I should know about? Also tomorrow they are going to air the Porto V.Guimarães game.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Don't know if this was posted in this thread yet but it seems that the Portuguese league is on TV in US now. It's in english on GolTV I think but I don't get it so am watching it in spainish Univision Deportes which seems to have the spainish rights for it in the US. The game they are going to be airing is Sporting vs Belenenses, anything of note I should know about? Also tomorrow they are going to air the Porto V.Guimarães game.

Sporting is cool. Guimarães Porto should be a good match, both teams have 9 points in 3 matches and have looked strong, hopefully Guimarães doesn't decide to bend over for Porto.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J15Lr_exNmY

Benfica owns. Talisca owns. Salvio owns.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Sporting is cool.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
You don't need to beat Belenenses to be a winner but we are winners

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
after zero points and zero goals scored, Boavista finally got their first victory thanks to a 1-0 victory over Académica with an own goal.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
And Guimarães managed a draw at home against Porto, all-in-all, a good weekend.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG

vonManstein posted:

And Guimarães managed a draw at home against Porto, all-in-all, a good weekend.
Frankly we were robbed. Referee treated us as if we were Sporting
In other news, Jorge Jesus managed to say "desprestigiado". Click the first audio thingy

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was out working and missed everything but the last few minutes. What the gently caress did Artur do this time? I knew Oblak leaving was gonna be the biggest blow. Also why was Talisca subbed for Lopes?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Seltzer posted:

I was out working and missed everything but the last few minutes. What the gently caress did Artur do this time? I knew Oblak leaving was gonna be the biggest blow. Also why was Talisca subbed for Lopes?
http://www.gfycat.com/SomberBeautifulDeer

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
There wasn't much Artur could do in that situation tbh, Benfica fans have just picked him as their scapegoat for the season. The centre-backs were at fault there, and Jardel was awful throughout. Not that Artur is any good tho.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

There wasn't much Artur could do in that situation tbh, Benfica fans have just picked him as their scapegoat for the season. The centre-backs were at fault there, and Jardel was awful throughout. Not that Artur is any good tho.

The season is early and I don't think "getting poo poo as he gets old" is really scapegoating. More like pointing out the obvious.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I miss Luisão and Garay :qq:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That early in the game it's not sensible to just go running and tackle an opposing player without any attempt at challenging for the ball. This came right after the game where the motherfucker gave Sporting their equalizer.

He's as inconsistent as Moretto.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG

He's really good but it was like €9m and that's a lot for an Algerian who played for Granada. Seems to have been a smart buy, but a bit early to be calling him one of the best players in the league especially when Jackson's been the best player for Porto so far this season.
one day you're going to look back on this post and think "how could I have been so wrong???"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got to give credit to Sporting, it's not easy for these broke rear end Portuguese minor teams to juggle European competitions and the league at the same time. A draw away to a very tough Maribosa side is a very respectful result :)

(Good job Porto, proper pounding that was. Let's hope you exaust yourselfs beating the poo poo out of clubs on Europe so we can still the league again. We'll give you a Europa League final victory for compensation)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

antpocas posted:

one day you're going to look back on this post and think "how could I have been so wrong???"

Insanely wrong of me to not crown a player as the best of the league after like 3 matches and only say "he's really good", how could I be so irrational as to want to wait for the season to be more than 2 months old?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I giggled a bit at a guy called Zahovic scoring against Sportem

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Well, it's his son so I guess it runs in the family.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well, it's his son so I guess it runs in the family.

:eyepop: what a small world.

I like how the kid got his wikipedia page edited 10 times since the end of the match.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mans posted:

:eyepop: what a small world.

I like how the kid got his wikipedia page edited 10 times since the end of the match.

They said on one of the Celtic-Maribor broadcasts that Zlatko took over as football director at Maribor pretty much the second he retired (he's from there originally) and as you can tell was a big, big part of them becoming a regular player on the European scene.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's currently a battle of thugs on Porto - Boavista and 20 minutes in Maicon already got sent off

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Boavista are so bad Porto dominated with 10 men for 70 mins, still ended 0-0 and Porto won't have Maicon for next week's match against Sporting which is cool and good.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Italians are talking about meetings between the federation and Mancini for the national coach job.

:suicide:

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Electronico6 posted:

Italians are talking about meetings between the federation and Mancini for the national coach job.

:suicide:

That's going to be interesting and entertaining.

Problem is, I'm not sure to whom :iiam:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/-sp-jorge-mendes-agent-third-party-ownership-players

Interesting article on Mendes in the Grauniad today.

Highlights: half the people they contacted go "i dunno about that and even if I did I wouldn't care"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So that wraps up a pretty decent week of futebole

Benfica beat Moreirense 3-1 at home, although the scoreline hides how tough the game was. Moreirense scored early after yet another crass mistake from our defense, with eliseu completely forgetting about marking. Our come back only started on the second half when Eliseu scored quite a decent screamer for the equalizer after Moreirense went down to 10 men. Maxi Pereira scored the second goal and a desperate Lima tripped over himself to get a penalty and finally score after 12 games\5 months without scoring.

Moreirense played well and they'd probably snatch a draw if they didn't lose their player. Julio Cesar made his debut, he had no fault on the goal and didn't have to do much else all match. He kicked the ball around with confidence when he had to.

Enzo Perez and Maxi Pereira keep being Eusebio's gift to Benfica fans worldwide.

Watch the goals here:
http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/interior.aspx?content_id=4137527

But i advise you to watch Benfica's goals here because Antena 1's comentary is divine:
http://hugogil.pt/resumo-sl-benfica-3-1-moreirense-com-relato-antena1/

Sporting beat the crap out of Gil Vincente with a 4-0 away victory. Andrien Silva, Nani, Slimani and Carillo scored the goals on an easy victory although the youngster Joao Mario did well for himself. Adren and Nani's goals were pretty so watch them.

http://www.ojogo.pt/servicos/videosliga.aspx#/video?20268

In a match that probably shouldn't have happened, Porto and Boavista met for a goalless draw in a match where the terrible weather turned the pitch almost into a swamp. Porto went down to 10 men after Maicon did a terrible sweep 25 minutes into the game and got a straight red.

Boavista were extremely lucky. They clearly don't have a team that can play at top level and the only thing preventing their defeat was the terrible weather and the lack of accuracy of Porto's team. Porto ended with 82% possession of the ball and some 20 missed shots.

There's not much to see in this match. The red can be seen at 1:08 and at 3:33 Quaresma did a delicious touch on the ball that wasn't met with the ending it deserved.

http://www.ojogo.pt/servicos/videosliga.aspx#/video?20285

Bruno Moreira and Alvez scored the goals in their respective teams during Guimarães - P.Ferreira's 1-1 draw. Decent game. Decent goal by Guimarães player at 3:10.

http://www.ojogo.pt/servicos/videosliga.aspx#/video?20204

Belenenses beat Marítimo 1-0 and continue their good form. The goal came from a cross resulting in a header assist to Miguel Rosa's header. Phowar.

http://www.ojogo.pt/servicos/videosliga.aspx#/video?20289

All goals of the week can be seen in this quicky video.
http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/desporto_resumos.asp

Benfica is isolated on first place with a two point advantage over Guimarães and Porto, followed by Belenenses and Rio Ave, with Sporting (still undefeated by drawing like hell) and Marítimo trailing close behind. It's still early in the league so don't make any judgements from the current standings. I doubt Boavista won't end last and i expect Sporting and Braga to go up a few spots sooner or later.

Next week Sporting and Porto will face off. Hopefully Sporting grabs a win. It's easier for Sporting to gently caress up against weak teams than Porto. Either way KoldPT or Mean Bean Machine will be upset and that is always a small victory imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Boavista really doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the first league. Hopefully it will go back to where it belongs at the end of the season, the district league.

• Locked thread