Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

It doesn't even really prove anything, total strangers will say hello back to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
lol look at this cishet white male neckbeard ranting about feminism destroying video games

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That doesn't seem to have much to do with gamersgate.

Though I guess its nice they found a woman to trot out.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Video games

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Herman Cain is a black Republican, therefore Republican policies cannot be racist! :eng101:

e: Also you're going to have to summarize because there's no way I'm spending 25 minutes on this

Nikaer Drekin has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Sep 14, 2014

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Herman Cain is a black Republican, therefore Republican policies cannot be racist! :eng101:

e: Also you're going to have to summarize because there's no way I'm spending 25 minutes on this

Summary: "NO U :qq:"

e: I want to like Devi. She and I are nominally on the same side, and have nominally the same aesthetic. But she interprets "punk" to mean "I have to rebel against everything", whether or not it's useful, meaningful, or right to rebel against it, and that often leaves me completely unable to support her. In particular, she's firmly convinced that because TERFs exist (that's Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists, if you're not down with the lingo), that means that all self-declared feminists are anti-trans. It's laughable but apparently genuinely what she believes.

e2: Editing that out, but Devi's abuse cycle is "Devi says something lovely, feminists call her on it, Devi screams about being abused, rinse, repeat". Sorry, dude.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Sep 14, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
You mean to tell me that someone who has taken abuse from a group doesn't want to associate with that group? #wow #whoa

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Segmentation Fault you are just so dumb.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the single monolithic entity of feminism has crushed my dreams

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

BKPR posted:

the single monolithic entity of feminism has crushed my dreams

The 144,000 best feminists have been bodily assumed into Feminist Heaven and reborn as one being, the Ur-Feminist. With the body of a lioness, the neck and tail of a dragoness, and the face of Gloria Steinem, it rises roaring from the ocean and devours those who are not Liberated Pansexual Non-Binary Justice Warriors.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Monoliths are inherently phallic and therefore anti-feminist.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Our movement is not sexist, because we have a woman

#not ur shield

edit:

I'm a Sarkeesian Death Cultist IRL

KoldPT has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Sep 14, 2014

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
While there has been no shortage of awfulness due to the events of NFL players over the last week, I've been waiting for the most singularly horrible post I could find before posting anything. Here it is!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

While there has been no shortage of awfulness due to the events of NFL players over the last week, I've been waiting for the most singularly horrible post I could find before posting anything. Here it is!

There's a longer one too. I uh, I don't really care about sports so if there's something wrong in this I'm totally lost.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

RareAcumen posted:

There's a longer one too. I uh, I don't really care about sports so if there's something wrong in this I'm totally lost.

The difference between your macro and the earlier one is that the other one ended with Michael Sam, the first openly homosexual NFL player, thereby equating homosexuality with spousal and child abuse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gann Jerrod posted:

The difference between your macro and the earlier one is that the other one ended with Michael Sam, the first openly homosexual NFL player, thereby equating homosexuality with spousal and child abuse.

Ah, so that's why that one is in comic sans! :downs:

Being serious though, boy do people get angry that other people don't hate the same things as them.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
On the one hand, people who act like disabling comments is a personal affront to liberty are loving stupid. On the other hand, if reasonable people disabled comments, we wouldn't get comments from the crazy people that hate them, and this thread would be boring.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

After seeing twitter comments explaining that it isn't rape if the person secretly wants it...

One of the seven dwarves spouting some cutesy bullshit is pretty fine by me.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chomp8645 posted:

Repost this within 60 seconds or you will NEVER have food stamps AGAIN.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Well, in CoC rape is not a mechanic, it's more of a dialog option

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

I assume you say this as an expert on rape games.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

i c

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Unless you have a really skeevy GM, rape generally shouldn't be brought up while playing CoC. It's understandable that some elements of the genre it's emulating had rape, but it's not something that should be dwelled upon in your games. It's not a fun topic, and can make the players uncomfortable. You should be fighting fishmen with tommy guns and running for your life before the shoggoth gets you, that's what the game's more about.

I Killed GBS has a new favorite as of 07:24 on Sep 14, 2014

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

A couple of pages late but it's getting back to something that isn't rape or video games; the conspiracy theorists think WTC 7 (and that certain wing of the Pentagon) was intentionally demolished because something something financial records only copies something something government. I'll ask my roommate, he buys into it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ugh, this gurning Oxbridge gently caress makes a career out of instantly failing startups and badly written Telegraph articles. I have never seen someone be so successful and so fundamentally useless.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Unless you have a really skeevy GM, rape generally shouldn't be brought up while playing CoC. It's understandable that some elements of the genre it's emulating had rape, but it's not something that should be dwelled upon in your games. It's not a fun topic, and can make the players uncomfortable. You should be fighting fishmen with tommy guns and running for your life before the shoggoth gets you, that's what the game's more about.

...wrong CoC.
Was that :thejoke:?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guys it took me 2 minutes to repost, is facebook going to take my foodstamps? I'm scared.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wizard of Smart posted:

A couple of pages late but it's getting back to something that isn't rape or video games; the conspiracy theorists think WTC 7 (and that certain wing of the Pentagon) was intentionally demolished because something something financial records only copies something something government. I'll ask my roommate, he buys into it.

Which just brings the immediate question to mind: Some large group of people involved with a company (or companies) being targeted by those investigations decided that flying four airplanes* into major buildings would be less damaging if they got caught than whatever those investigations would've turned up? And not a one ever got caught, flubbed it up, had a crisis of conscience, and so on?

*Or using bombs, thermite, Death Stars, etc., depending on the particular brand of Truther

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

Which just brings the immediate question to mind: Some large group of people involved with a company (or companies) being targeted by those investigations decided that flying four airplanes* into major buildings would be less damaging if they got caught than whatever those investigations would've turned up? And not a one ever got caught, flubbed it up, had a crisis of conscience, and so on?

*Or using bombs, thermite, Death Stars, etc., depending on the particular brand of Truther

Lack of evidence is itself evidence of the conspiracy to suppress the evidence. Anyone who was going to blab has been silenced, and everyone still alive is part of the Bilderberginatrilateral conspiracy to ensure that we never know, except for the faint glimmers of inspiration from people who have seen through their lies by discerning the secrets hidden in their sympathetic magic signs and signals.

I have very rarely wished harder in my life to be joking.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Truthers are inherently unreasonable people, never expect them to have reasonable thoughts, opinions, demands, or indeed reason at all.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Truthers are inherently unreasonable people, never expect them to have reasonable thoughts, opinions, demands, or indeed reason at all.

For the most part, yeah. The scary ones are the ones where they use flawless logic that would make their entire point valid if their premises were true. It's really frightening to see a conspiracy theory where the only part of it that makes it invalid is the invalid premise (instead of being based on multiple invalid premises, twelve fallacies, and a healthy dose of shifting the burden of proof). It kind of makes the real-deal schizophrenic word-salad types a refreshing change.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

That last comment :allears:

Aphtonites has a new favorite as of 11:41 on Sep 14, 2014

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Wow, Galaxy Tardis is really is an idiot on social media. I didn't think there was anyone dumb enough to like Moffat.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Wow, Galaxy Tardis is really is an idiot on social media. I didn't think there was anyone dumb enough to like Moffat.

Go away, rear end in a top hat

*clops off*

sunday brunch
Dec 31, 2008

KoldPT posted:

Our movement is not sexist, because we have a woman

#not ur shield

edit:

Matt Lees has a dedicated subreddit for comments and discussion and he explained his reasons for closing comments in a previous video. Something to do with the hassle of weeding out the spam from the genuine discussion. Pewdiepie has done the same.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

glowing-fish posted:

After seeing twitter comments explaining that it isn't rape if the person secretly wants it...

One of the seven dwarves spouting some cutesy bullshit is pretty fine by me.

No see they may not want it, but since they didn't clearly state this verbally then it totally doesn't count as a rape. :downswords:

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah it seems like it would be a lot easier to just come up with some reason to seize records and destroy or "lose" them. And would be far less catastrophic if ever found out than murdering thousands of people.

But I guess then they wouldn't be able to play out whatever long con the truthers think the government is pulling.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

...wrong CoC.
Was that :thejoke:?

Oops. I was ambien posting. :shobon:

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

I made this and shared it. People are unironically sharing it now.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

I made this and shared it. People are unironically sharing it now.

What the hell do people think is going on with that face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Only goons can recognize jokes and everyone else is just a big dummy sharing it unironically. It couldn't be that they recognize the joke too.

• Locked thread