Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

MizPiz posted:

We all know they were "offended" by the old logo purely because it's Starfleet Dental's logo. I'm surprised they haven't been accused of being ISIS supporters.

Not to get into it, but it's not offensive, it's awesome; though so is the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

Thanks. My handle is @bloodypomsa

You're in.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Good to know cryptic is still unaware of their own game:

Delta Alliance Deflector Array Mk XII
This Deflector is designed to improve the ship’s offensive ability by providing bonuses to Starship Shield and Auxiliary Power as well as added Structural Integrity and Hull Repair.

Now sure how that helps the ship offensively, but ok.

Edit: On the other hand, this might be added to the required field along with plas leech depending on the strength of the cooldown reduction. This is assuming aux2bat resetting gets nerfed.

Console - Universal – Bio-Neural Gel Pack
The Bio-Neural Gel Pack console was designed to improve computer system efficiency.
This universal console provides bonuses to all Subsystems, a Shield Systems bonus and a cooldown reduction on Bridge Officer Abilities.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 13, 2014

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

Good to know cryptic is still unaware of their own game:

Delta Alliance Deflector Array Mk XII
This Deflector is designed to improve the ship’s offensive ability by providing bonuses to Starship Shield and Auxiliary Power as well as added Structural Integrity and Hull Repair.

Now sure how that helps the ship offensively, but ok.
Obviously, the best offense is a good defense. :downs:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Edit: On the other hand, this might be added to the required field along with plas leech depending on the strength of the cooldown reduction.
On tribble at the moment it's +2 to all power levels, +19.8 to shield systems, and a 7% cooldown reduction. Real question is whether it stacks with duty officers, or the Xindi reptilian boff. Between the two there you'd get 12% off... not a lot, but enough to skip an attack pattern conn officer, maybe? And having cooldown reductions from multiple sources now means they might add it to other gear later.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Asimo posted:

On tribble at the moment it's +2 to all power levels, +19.8 to shield systems, and a 7% cooldown reduction. Real question is whether it stacks with duty officers, or the Xindi reptilian boff. Between the two there you'd get 12% off... not a lot, but enough to skip an attack pattern conn officer, maybe? And having cooldown reductions from multiple sources now means they might add it to other gear later.

Yeah, which will be interesting, it also looks like the way they are solving good players from killing things too quickly is not just through health. There is a rep trait that gives an armor piercing effect to your weapons (there is one for ground and one for space).

Have they updated the stfs on tribble for a better feel yet? I remember your last run was everyone banging their head because you ran out of time before you could even get 1/4th the health of the boss shaved off.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The normal/easy Borg STF is perfectly fine really (though closer to a current elite STF in difficulty), though I haven't tried the Advanced version again. There hasn't been any other queues added besides that yet.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
From what the devs on the forums say, a) intelligence doffs can't be converted from existing ones and b) an intelligence doff is still limited to four space and four ground abilities, so you'll have to choose which intelligence skills you want to use carefully. Which is annoying because some of them look pretty good on paper :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eh. The not being able to convert old ones is annoying (although I'd be highly surprised if there wasn't rare DOFF recruitment missions for them in the delta quadrant sectors, kind of like romulan boffs in Tau Dewa), but the four ability thing isn't too bad. It would prove especially useful in space since the commander seat is doing double duty, so being able to pick the best of both can help a lot. Being able to pull from two skill pools means they're probably straight up superior to old BOFFs too, though that depends a whole lot on whatever crappy traits Cryptic gives the Delta Quadrant races.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

On the power level - offence front, don't forget those Nukura traits that pump aux into offence and defence.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Registered on the wesleyguide wiki as cmhn74, if someone could give me permissions on there I would be greatly appreciative.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

cmhn74 posted:

Registered on the wesleyguide wiki as cmhn74, if someone could give me permissions on there I would be greatly appreciative.

All done.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
Invite to chat channel please, @Kira_Akashiya

Thanks

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

DataDyne posted:

I really need to stop making these, thanks to the mumble crew for the ideas!

Check out what some guy posted to the video, they actually filed a copyright violation with Youtube to have it removed.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Bahahahahahaha the rep gear is all Mk XII. Hope that upgrade system isn't too painful.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kira Akashiya posted:

Invite to chat channel please, @Kira_Akashiya

Thanks

Done.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Hal_2005 posted:

Check out what some guy posted to the video, they actually filed a copyright violation with Youtube to have it removed.

You should probably read that name again.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

MizPiz posted:

We all know they were "offended" by the old logo purely because it's Starfleet Dental's logo. I'm surprised they haven't been accused of being ISIS supporters.

Actually.......

Eve@lovemedic posted:

Eve.@lovemedic: If Dental and ISIS was link together....I be cscared shitless

Xean posted:

XTERN1TY@xtern1ty: rofl, I can bet on any given day, Dental and Nbreeki get more haters than Bin Ladin himself. They've been pisswads to so many people, it's amazing they can even get around still

xean posted:

Xean@xtern1ty: too afraid to come and get me? or don't have anymore strenght in those wannabe terrorist legs?

xean posted:

Xean@xtern1ty: and that coming from nbreeki, the wannabe Bin Ladin himself

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The scope of that man's fantasy life is incredible.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
Registered on the wesleyguide wiki as Kira, access please.

Thanks

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

Hal_2005 posted:

The beauty of the Fair Use Act is never having to say you're sorry.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xean posted:

XTERN1TY@xtern1ty: rofl, I can bet on any given day, Dental and Nbreeki get more haters than Bin Ladin himself. They've been pisswads to so many people, it's amazing they can even get around still
Disco parties and fire extinguishers in a video game: officially worse than 9/11.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

g0del posted:

Disco parties and fire extinguishers in a video game: officially worse than 9/11.

Don't forget making a video game character *GASP* stand close to another video game character.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

bubbles depo posted:

Don't forget making a video game character *GASP* stand close to another video game character.

There have been deaths over bar chair ownership don't you dare make light of it. Also you're in my chair.

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

g0del posted:

Like 9/11 times a THOUSAND!

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Please tell me you can replace Jon Pertwee with Nbreeki, you would be a god amongst mengoons.

DonDoodles posted:

Actually.......

Dentals. Officially worse than Bin Ladin, Hilter, Starlin, and Hussane.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Ludicro posted:

Please tell me you can replace Jon Pertwee with Nbreeki, you would be a god amongst mengoons.

I don't know if I can do that, but it's worth a shot. No, it's more than that... I HAVE to do this!

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

LordCo posted:

I don't know if I can do that, but it's worth a shot. No, it's more than that... I HAVE to do this!

Here is the full intro for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=801J6h5iIAg

This is going to be beautiful.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
This is all very exciting; Lordco has surpassed us all yet again.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

LordCo posted:

You do the Time Lord's work, my son.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

May as well include The Wink while you're at it.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

who you callin' a wink!?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

It still won't be complete without a Dentists... *TWANG* OF DEATH reference:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we7BNW8UqZw

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Korgan posted:

You're in.

Are you sure about this? I have 'TheNextGooneration' in my chat list but it says I'm not subscribed.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

Are you sure about this? I have 'TheNextGooneration' in my chat list but it says I'm not subscribed.

You've got to join it. Type /channel_join thenextgooneration

Kira Akashiya posted:

Registered on the wesleyguide wiki as Kira, access please.

Thanks

You're sorted.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Today I experienced bij.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Today I experienced bij.

Stop doing that lovely mission just because Railrokh tells you to, god goons.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Korgan posted:

Stop doing that lovely mission just because Railrokh tells you to, god goons.

No, keep doing it. It will harden their hearts for the horrors that lie ahead.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Ludicro posted:

No, keep doing it. It will harden their hearts for the horrors that lie ahead.

It really is the only way to introduce new players to the greater STO community. If goons experience the very worst from the very beginning, I'd say it's almost smooth sailing from that point forward. There will be absolutely no hope harbored for pubbie redemption. Nothing will come as a surprise or shock later down the line, while pugging STFS (god forbid), or spending a relaxing evening at Quark's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The intent is noble but the perverse glee we're seeing exhibited whenever a new goon is berated into suffering through some manchild's crossover fantasy egowank we found in a Star Trek game worries me a bit. I'm not gonna drop any names though, Railrokh.

• Locked thread