Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Moraes won by side control RNC (SNC?) because he rules, Bollinger drools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9T-EhRv6Ko

Can you go unconscious after a few seconds?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

willie_dee posted:

Sorta. See Aleks/Bengtsson. It's almost as fake/funny as that one.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Oliveira/Swanson was kinda like that I guess?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

willie_dee posted:

lmfao

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Someone tell me that Marlon Moreas is poised to do great things, because I like him a great deal and hope that his level of success isn't directly attributed to fighting in that bad promotion

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

-Atom- posted:

Someone tell me that Marlon Moreas is poised to do great things, because I like him a great deal and hope that his level of success isn't directly attributed to fighting in that bad promotion

I think he'll be the test case for how willing WSOF will be to send their champions up to the big show. I imagine it will have to be soon for him, too, as there aren't really many credible challengers for him remaining. His fight before bollinger was a sad affair.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

I've been asked if I want this dude on the podcast when it comes back, I have no idea how I can ask about this without being rude or implying anything, I'm certainly not going to go down that disastrous route that that guy took with Tyson recently and start with "some have said"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I've been slacking in my Bellator duties, but I just want to remind y'all that Goiti Yamauchi fights on Friday and he is p. cool.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Late to the party, but Emanuel Newton owns because he exists solely to spoil plans with baby backfists.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
http://gfycat.com/GreedyHonorableHairstreak

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I don't know poo poo about dancing, but from my layman's perspective he seems like he's not horrible.

It's a refreshing twist from The Expendables.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Killed it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

Bruno Tonioli: The big dipper. All those drops are absolutely perfect.

Carrie Ann Inaba: You are the unexpected dancer. You handle you partner with some strength. Your move is so fluid and poetic. You make me wanna dance with you out there.

Len Goodman: It was lovely! Well done!

Julianne Hough: You are epitome of a man. When you go out there and danced, you are so great. You have grace and class that you don’t find very often.

The first and last time someone refers to Randy Couture as having class.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Randy and Chuck on DWTS are proof that MMA footwork will always be bad.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Floyd didn't do so well either, Randy must get so much daddy issue pussy its ridiculous, I cannot believe that Bellator has become must see Friday night tv, WAR MANHOEF (Doug Marshall might just get legit'd).

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

MMA Junkie posted:

Jason Jordan has been named the promotion’s COO, Bellator recently announced. He will report to newly named President Scott Coker in his role.

According to a release from Bellator, Jordan will be responsible for financial and operations roles, as well as corporate strategy, business development, human resources and staffing.

Jordan has a pair of degrees from Stanford – a masters degree in Operations Research and bachelors degree in economics.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Not obtained: degree in choosing appropriate hairstyles

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Jason Jordan was working for Comedy Central before this, so maybe this will bring around a nice, hilarious change to Bellator.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I don't know why I dislike the name Jason Jordan so.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

heeebrew posted:

Jason Jordan was working for Comedy Central before this, so maybe this will bring around a nice, hilarious change to Bellator.

They already beat him to the punch there with the pantyhouse over mask mask.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bellator might actually do to MMA what WWE did to wrestling. Which is kind of hosed up and scary.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

coconono posted:

Bellator might actually do to MMA what WWE did to wrestling. Which is kind of hosed up and scary.

What do you mean

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

coconono posted:

Make it child friendly?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
MMA/wrestling analogies don't really work because the products are so similar but with a few very important differences. And if any MMA promotion is WWE, it would be, you know, the giant one everyone has heard of that's synonymous with the sport.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

What do you mean

They're already at a point where the focus is less on the fights and more on the drama leading to fights. UFC is doing this more too but Bellator seems to be scripting and preparing them more.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fat Twitter Man posted:

MMA/wrestling analogies don't really work because the products are so similar but with a few very important differences. And if any MMA promotion is WWE, it would be, you know, the giant one everyone has heard of that's synonymous with the sport.

Actually it works if you look at the historicals. From the 1900s to the 1980s, the name synonymous with wrestling was NWA. The focus was on bouts and getting people to watch said bouts. WWE is only a relatively recent phenomenon that focuses more on the starpower aspect and how to monetize that.

I can see Bellator focusing on a contingent of older, media friendly stars and marketing the gently caress out of them. Cartoons, movies, the whole deal.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

If you think we're going to see a Stephan Bonnar/Tito Ortiz animated series then I'm not sure Spike is as terrible as you're assuming it is.

And Spike is still pretty terrible.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
the popularity of wwe is directly tied to the prevalence of autism.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

david carmichael posted:

Say your prayers, take your vitamins, and avoid vaccines, my little Hulkamaniacs!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

david carmichael posted:

:lol:

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

I hope he has a nickname with a dollar sign in it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

david carmichael posted:

Same

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

This week's fight schedule

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2365871/This-Week-in-MMACombat-Sports---Sept-18th---21st

featuring brett rogers in russia and manhoef/marshall

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
There's something magical about mediocre fighters landing every punch when they have their opponent stunned against the cage.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

that was a poo poo stoppage, dude was standing up and working to improve his position

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Manhoef fight about to start.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
That was cartoony.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
That was definitely a Melvin Manhoef fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

goddamn