Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Akatsuki is a socially awkward nerd who retreats into ninja roleplaying as a coping mechanism. She isn't actually a ninja, nor does she consider Shiroe her lord. I doubt that living as one's online persona after the catastrophe was all that rare, even.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Exactly, is that the kind of face that a real ninja would make?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
She doesn't even wear a facemask.

I mean seriously, this is Ninja 101.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ArchangeI posted:

She doesn't even wear a facemask.

I mean seriously, this is Ninja 101.

Though to be far to her she was doing so at time of poke. Presumably getting another one was just one of those "Things to do" things that got sidelined in all the excitement.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Emalde posted:

Tsundere? What show are you watching?

Akatsuki is completely deredere camp.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

http://pf.nhk-ep.co.jp/detail_printable/1805

S2 is 25 episodes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wow, really? There are two books that haven't been adapted with another coming this month. The last season covered 5 books. I was expecting this to be a single cour.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Maybe they'll take something from the side story mangas. And 6 months could be enough for another book to be released before the season is over

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, another aspect is that the next two books together have more action than the rest of the series. So I have to wonder if the budget will hold up.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Obviously halfway through it's going to ditch the whole cast and tell us about that one party with the sentient gold farming bot.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

glomkettle posted:

Obviously halfway through it's going to ditch the whole cast and tell us about that one party with the sentient gold farming bot.

But it's not the same if they remove/change the ninja turtle.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tamba posted:

Maybe they'll take something from the side story mangas. And 6 months could be enough for another book to be released before the season is over

West Wing Brigade had some really good stuff, but I think it would work better as an OVA since it's very action-heavy (it's basically Rurouni Kenshin: The MMO)

Same with the Best Party.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

glomkettle posted:

I can only hope.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Personally I'd like to see more plots from Nureha. That girl is crazy but she is determined and cunning, even if the entire last arc was an elaborate cat call.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

glomkettle posted:

Good.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

glomkettle posted:

Wait what is this and where can I see it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vengarr posted:

West Wing Brigade had some really good stuff, but I think it would work better as an OVA since it's very action-heavy (it's basically Rurouni Kenshin: The MMO)

Same with the Best Party.

It also isn't canon, in that it explicitly contradicts the novels in at least one major way.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Serious Frolicking posted:

It also isn't canon, in that it explicitly contradicts the novels in at least one major way.

But fairly easy to fudge as part of the adaptation process.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Here's a PV.

They're keeping the OP and ED. Also switched studios from Satelight to DEEN. Looks like p much all of the main staff are the same people though.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Edit: ^^^ efb

Great news, guys. The animation studio for s2 has been changed to Studio Deen!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I haven't seen a DEEN scene since Fate/stay Night, which was hit or miss but quality enough to get me into the much-better real thing. Have they improved since then?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Database intensifies

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

DrakePegasus posted:

I haven't seen a DEEN scene since Fate/stay Night, which was hit or miss but quality enough to get me into the much-better real thing. Have they improved since then?

This about sums up my feelings about the change. I still haven't gotten over how bad the Umineko adaptation was.

To be fair they've been getting a bit better recently so I'm trying to stay positive.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zandracon posted:

Here's a PV.

They're keeping the OP and ED. Also switched studios from Satelight to DEEN. Looks like p much all of the main staff are the same people though.

That link gives me nothing but a black screen. Doesn't seem the PV is on Youtube, so...any idea how to fix that?

Also I know nothing of DEEN but I hope all fear proves wrong and we have good animation.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The first season wasn't very animated and new-DEEN is actually decent (they stole a bunch of animators from SHAFT). Satelight is busy with some other things too so their attention would have been split.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This will have much more fighting, though. But really, I can deal with crappy animation if it is directed well. Action was never the primary appeal here.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
As long as the shots of glasses being adjusted are sufficiently dramatic, all will be well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Haven't seen a DEEN show in a while, but if they're really better now then okay I guess.

Can't wait for more DATABASE DATABASE DATABASE

tiistai posted:

This about sums up my feelings about the change. I still haven't gotten over how bad the Umineko adaptation was.

Let's be honest, even if their adaptation was good, Chiru would have sucked by virtue of being an adaptation of Chiru. The project was doomed from the start.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

What was that? Something about DEEN? Sorry I can't hear you over the DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE WHOOOOOOOOA :unsmigghh:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh Jesus Christ Studio DEEN? Everything I've ever seen by them has been middling at best to downright terrible. I'm not so worried about animation quality itself so much as direction and tone, DEEN stuff always has heavy handed melodrama and I just can't see their tone working well with the overall tone of LH. This just seems like the worst choice possible for a series like Log Horizon. :negative: :cry:

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Except the staff hasn't changed.

The studio isn't responsible for that stuff.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Oh Jesus Christ Studio DEEN? Everything I've ever seen by them has been middling at best to downright terrible. I'm not so worried about animation quality itself so much as direction and tone, DEEN stuff always has heavy handed melodrama and I just can't see their tone working well with the overall tone of LH. This just seems like the worst choice possible for a series like Log Horizon. :negative: :cry:

You're confusing directors and writers with the people who are handling the animation!

When talking about the quality of the writing and directing, it's a bad idea to base it off the studio itself (unless it's SHAFT since Shinbo basically directs everything they do). Always better to just look up the names involved.

Srice fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 20, 2014

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Oh man I'm excited for weekly DATABASE again.

I hope we get more West Wind Brigade this season, I really like the manga spinoff with them. :allears:

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

100 xp to whoever can guess what I'm working on right now :toot:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shiroe cosplay? It's about the right color for his funny strap thingies.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

ding ding ding! One database for DrSunshine

Also thanks for that image, it's good reference material for the satchel. Not sure what I'll doing about that black thing though, is that a doorknob or something?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I... I have absolutely no idea! I've never noticed that thing before. It looks like a doorknob crossed with a jewelry box. :psyduck:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Spell reagent compartment for easy off-hand access. :goonsay:

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Portable inkwell would be amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

I... I have absolutely no idea! I've never noticed that thing before. It looks like a doorknob crossed with a jewelry box. :psyduck:

That's actually a good idea. I was originally planning just to make an origami box and paint it black but this works better. Looks better + functional box for storing all that loose change that'll be picking off the con floor.

I really should come on SA more often. Upon showing that pic to my other forums... well...

Reds;46055065 posted:

A noose to hang yourself with?

[editline]23rd September 2014[/editline]

nice knee by the way

:saddowns:

• Locked thread