Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Travic posted:

Please tell me that was 5 stroke penalties.

There's no penalty if the ball is moved by an outside agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

That's some drat good CGI, but it's strange that some of it is really nightmare fuel and the rest looks goofy.

The hand one is a good guy, which is why his stuff is goofy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I don't know if I am appalled by the coarseness of his act, or impressed by his self-control of being able to poo poo while riding a skateboard and not wrecking.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Can anybody attempt to avatarize this? I tried but couldn't come up with anything decent.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Forgall posted:

First option on the conversion screen controls the method used to reduce the colors in the source video to 256 colors acceptable to gif format. Default is usually fine, but can introduce "color banding" - the effect where smooth color gradients in the source turn into distinct bands of color. Dithering can fix that at the cost of covering the image in regular grid-like noise. Some people think it looks even worse than color banding though. Universal Colormap is the most basic dithering option, probably best file size, but doesn't look too good. Custom Color Levels option lets you select number of color levels yourself. Bigger value means bigger file and better quality.

Below that you can see optimization options. Basically, putting bigger values into Duplicate Removal, Frame Optimization and Transparency Optimization boxes should give you smaller files at the cost of possibly more noticeable artifacts. Sometimes, completely unchecking transparency optimization can give better results, especially when there's a lot of motion in the gif.

Thanks! I had sort of figured some of this out through trial and error but I was also completely wrong about other things :v:

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

Can anybody attempt to avatarize this? I tried but couldn't come up with anything decent.

Also go watch Calvary immediately if you liked In Bruges, The Guard etc.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Some awesome old slit scan effects.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

Kennel posted:

Beep boop

/execute @smile()

So I was kind of curious about the Alexander Stubb thing and wanted to see if there were any subtitle things on Youtube. All I could find were these two things:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hockey Homicide (1945)

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Robert Denby posted:

Indeed I do! Which parts do you want gif’d?

Any ETA on those Bad Day at Black Rock gifs? Jonesin for some Spencer Tracy judo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kennel posted:

Hockey Homicide

God I loved these toons. An entire world of very very angry, impusive and well spoken Goofys.

Every single one was hilarious.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Did I just watch someone dyke?

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Well thanks to this I only now just got why 21 from Venture Brothers chose his alias as 'The Viceroy' when he was still working for 'The Monarch' Holyshit.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Male Man posted:

Did you know that thingsfittingperfectlyintothings is 32 characters long, the maximum URL length Tumblr allows?

Can I just say how disappointed I was that the blog is not actually named 'Things Fitting Perfectly Into Things'? The 'Other' just ruins it somehow.

Also,

what just happened?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I think the person playing wasn't even at the keyboard right then. Someone came running around the corner and chucked a grenade while jumping, grenade bounced off a wall or something and landed right where the other player landed. Other player killed himself and lost the match to someone that wasn't even there.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FredMSloniker posted:

Can I just say how disappointed I was that the blog is not actually named 'Things Fitting Perfectly Into Things'? The 'Other' just ruins it somehow.

Also,

what just happened?

You just watched someone die.

Detective Thompson posted:

I think the person playing wasn't even at the keyboard right then. Someone came running around the corner and chucked a grenade while jumping, grenade bounced off a wall or something and landed right where the other player landed. Other player killed himself and lost the match to someone that wasn't even there.

Actually it looks like the FPV player types "HAHAH" into the chat immediately after the other guy frags himself, though obviously he wasn't actively playing at the moment.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

You just watched someone die.

Actually it looks like the FPV player types "HAHAH" into the chat immediately after the other guy frags himself, though obviously he wasn't actively playing at the moment.

Could be a spec on the idle player? I don't know how these things work though...

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Rosetta is such an awesome mission.
It also makes all my work in Kerbal Space Program look like crap :(

Sulla
May 10, 2008

Man, math rocks. Too bad I suck at it :(

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The fact that none of that image is fake and that's literally how scientists plan and map out space exploration is :aaa: to say the least.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Metanaut posted:

Also go watch Calvary immediately if you liked In Bruges, The Guard etc.

I have not seen Calvary, but Brendan Gleeson is a phenomenal actor who deserves much more recognition than I feel he gets. I never hear anyone say, "... and Brendan Gleeson," when the topic of favorite actors comes up, but he should be on everyone's list.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

Aryan Jesus posted:

Did I just watch someone dyke?

Quality. Quality.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A cat doing that is so far out of what I expected to see I assumed he had a knife and had finally had enough.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

And now leaf blower gifs

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Time works the same way.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

less than a penny on the dollar for this poo poo folks.

Let's give them the whole penny, please. I'd like to see other worlds, up close.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Haruharuharuko posted:

And now leaf blower gifs

I thought this wouldn't work because the leafblower bowing and the air the umbrella is catching would be equal resulting in no movement?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sire Oblivion posted:

I thought this wouldn't work because the leafblower bowing and the air the umbrella is catching would be equal resulting in no movement?

Learn 2 Fysics, idiot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:( Explain it then?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

The umbrella could work as a thrust reverser, but I'm pretty sure a leaf blower couldn't move him that fast even on wheels, so some shenanigans are probably involved.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

:( Explain it then?

The guy is probably going down a grade.

However, for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKXMTzMQWjo

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Osman/Cannon Dancer is a cool game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU