Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Should I use protection when doing cunnilingus? Also, how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ManOfTheYear posted:

Should I use protection when doing cunnilingus? Also, how?

Saran wrap will do if you don't have a purpose made dental dam. And you should use it unless you're OK getting oral herpes or know your partner is clean, just like any other protection.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Saran wrap will do if you don't have a purpose made dental dam. And you should use it unless you're OK getting oral herpes or know your partner is clean, just like any other protection.

Dental dam? What's that?

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

ManOfTheYear posted:

Dental dam? What's that?

It's that rubber sheet thing that dentists use when doing stuff on your teeth when they don't want things to fall into your mouth.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ManOfTheYear posted:

Dental dam? What's that?

It's the thing you're too lazy to Google.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

hoobajoo posted:

You can also cut open a condom.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plastic wrap is actually pretty controversial, when it comes to whether or not it will block transmission of STDs: This is pretty thorough.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Patrice O'neal explains dental dams and safe sex best

http://youtu.be/agtYIZLNUoo

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ManOfTheYear posted:

Dental dam? What's that?

Its a sheet of plastic you put over your bits during oral sex, but that's not important right now.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Alright, I had trouble deciding whether this should go in this thread or E/N, but I decided to go with here, since it's an entirely sexual problem:

I'm a penishaver, and my partner is one of those types of people with a vagina. When we're having PIV sex, though, she always rubs her clitoris while we're doing it. I heard from a friend of mine that this was common among girls he had been with, but I've had extended sexual relationships with a number of other women, and none of them did this. It makes me feel entirely removed from the proceedings at hand; essentially, it doesn't matter what I'm doing down there, because she'll just masturbate no matter what, which in turn makes me feel entirely surplus to requirements.

I made a helpful chart here:

(Yes, sex shouldn't be entirely orgasm-based and all, but it's a good measure of if you find something sexy, and she reports that sex without the touching is unsatisfactory)

As you can see, the DICK column appears to have no correlation with the ORGASMS results. For her part, she claims that she enjoys PIV, but she enjoys a lot of other things, too. I enjoy all kinds of things that don't give me sexual pleasure, and I'm lost as to how to feel about this. Any protips to get my head on straight?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It is not some effort where labor is measured and should be equal. You do things still together, it is not masturbation per se. You are present in the situation and not some statist. It sounds like you are just not confident in your status.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

John Lee posted:

Alright, I had trouble deciding whether this should go in this thread or E/N, but I decided to go with here, since it's an entirely sexual problem:

I'm a penishaver, and my partner is one of those types of people with a vagina. When we're having PIV sex, though, she always rubs her clitoris while we're doing it. I heard from a friend of mine that this was common among girls he had been with, but I've had extended sexual relationships with a number of other women, and none of them did this. It makes me feel entirely removed from the proceedings at hand; essentially, it doesn't matter what I'm doing down there, because she'll just masturbate no matter what, which in turn makes me feel entirely surplus to requirements.

(Yes, sex shouldn't be entirely orgasm-based and all, but it's a good measure of if you find something sexy, and she reports that sex without the touching is unsatisfactory)

As you can see, the DICK column appears to have no correlation with the ORGASMS results. For her part, she claims that she enjoys PIV, but she enjoys a lot of other things, too. I enjoy all kinds of things that don't give me sexual pleasure, and I'm lost as to how to feel about this. Any protips to get my head on straight?

Most women can't come without clitoral stimulation. That's just how it is.

What you can do, however, is use your own fingers on her during PIV sex, if you really want to be the one to cause the orgasms. Girl-on-top works well for this.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Lots of women 100% require clitoral stimulation to orgasm. This is perfectly normal, even if you haven't run into it yourself in the past. I know for me, while penetration is perfectly pleasant, I need a bit more oomph on the clit to get anywhere.

If you want to involve yourself more, you could try working her clitoris yourself, either with your fingers or a vibe.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

John Lee posted:

You can stop caring so much about your stupid worthless penis and be happy that your girlfriend is enjoying herself, dumbass.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Hydrolith posted:

Girl-on-top works well for this.

Girl-on-top, really? Seems like that'd be a really awkward position for it, but I've never tried it to my recollection, so I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Hydrolith posted:

if you really want to be the one to cause the orgasms

Well... it's not that, it's that I want to feel like I'm part of the sex. You know, working together as a team. But she's pretty orgasm-centric, and I know she's going to handle things on that front whether I'm involved or not.

Vahakyla posted:

It is not some effort where labor is measured and should be equal. You do things still together, it is not masturbation per se. You are present in the situation and not some statist. It sounds like you are just not confident in your status.

I do not mean to be a jerk, but I couldn't entirely parse this, especially the bit about statism, which is either you injecting some political commentary into a place it doesn't really make sense, or a typo. Stasis?

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

John Lee posted:

Girl-on-top, really? Seems like that'd be a really awkward position for it, but I've never tried it to my recollection, so I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Your arms are less consumed with supporting your dumb rear end so you can twiddle along and flick the switches.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

John Lee posted:

Well... it's not that, it's that I want to feel like I'm part of the sex.

You are. Clit+penetration feels way different from clit alone, and even if she needs the clit to come, it is a wildly different experience without.

You can eat a sandwich that's just peanut butter. But if it's a peanut butter and jam sandwich, you don't say the jam is no part of the sandwich.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Please break up so she doesn't spend any more time with someone who makes her feel lovely about something innocuous she can't control.

The vast majority of women can't come from PIV alone. I totally believe you've had extremely extensive experience, but all those women were either incredibly lucky or just faking it.

If masturbation is just as good for her, why do you think she bothers having sex with you instead of just jerking off alone?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

neongrey posted:

You can eat a sandwich that's just peanut butter. But if it's a peanut butter and jam sandwich, you don't say the jam is no part of the sandwich.

Okay, you just blew my mind. This has been bugging me on and off for three years, and now it's like a weight has been lifted. I knew goons could help me, I just should have foreseen it would be with a metaphor about eating sandwiches.

(The above contains no sarcasm and I am legitimately impressed and grateful.)

Anne Whateley posted:

Please break up so she doesn't spend any more time with someone who makes her feel lovely about something innocuous she can't control.

The vast majority of women can't come from PIV alone. I totally believe you've had extremely extensive experience, but all those women were either incredibly lucky or just faking it.

If masturbation is just as good for her, why do you think she bothers having sex with you instead of just jerking off alone?

I don't think a post that says "You make your girlfriend feel terrible and your previous lovers were just faking" is especially helpful, and I can't really think of a good reason to make it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

John Lee posted:

Thanks for the graph, it really helped me to understand your problem.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

John Lee posted:

I don't think a post that says "You make your girlfriend feel terrible and your previous lovers were just faking" is especially helpful, and I can't really think of a good reason to make it.
Probably because it's true, although I certainly didn't say they were faking. Considering the question would also be helpful.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

John Lee posted:

I do not mean to be a jerk, but I couldn't entirely parse this, especially the bit about statism, which is either you injecting some political commentary into a place it doesn't really make sense, or a typo. Stasis?

I let some Finnish slip by where a "statist" is the same as a "movie extra".
What I meant that you seem to be somehow calculating the input of each of the participants and then arriving to the conclusion that she somehow works more and you don't, thus you are unnecessary and she is having sex with herself.

But that is not the case. That is not how it "is counted" or anything. You are both present in the situation and the way the acts are divided matters far less compared to how you feel. Like I said, I feel like you are not confident in your status and you think that she'd be just as good without you. But that is like thinking that having a FFM-threesome means that the dude is just an extra and could be skipped because "the women are doing woman stuff anyway".

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You all just got trolled.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Sometimes I'm stupid, and sometimes I'm poor at composition, and sometimes I have trouble getting my tone across in text, and any or all of these things my have contributed, but no, I wasn't trolling. I had a legit problem with how I thought about a sex act, I wanted to ask a number of people about it at once in a place where it was okay to do so. Sorry if it was poorly placed; like I said, I considered putting it in E/N because I was frankly feeling overemotional about it.

Anyways, thanks to the people who replied and helped me out.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Well, glad to help-- I know that knowing clit stimulation is often mandatory isn't quite the same as feeling it, so if it took a silly analogy about sandwiches to help, then, hooray.

If you want to help out with it more (sounds like she's got it covered, but hey~) definitely try something like a cowgirl position, and use your free hands for it. You can also looking into getting a bullet vibe of some sort and use that on her too, and that should also be fun.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Turtlicious posted:

Nope, worse: they got gooned.

John Lee posted:

Sometimes I'm stupid, and sometimes I'm poor at composition, and sometimes I have trouble getting my tone across in text, and any or all of these things my have contributed, but no, I wasn't trolling. I had a legit problem with how I thought about a sex act, I wanted to ask a number of people about it at once in a place where it was okay to do so. Sorry if it was poorly placed; like I said, I considered putting it in E/N because I was frankly feeling overemotional about it.

Considering only one person told you to sever, you came to the right place!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

John Lee posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to call out the part where you felt like you weren't doing much since she brings herself to orgasm. Imagine the difference between jerking off, and jerking off while she does stuff. It's a very different, more intense experience where you were still the one to bring yourself to orgasm, and I bet you would never say she gave you no or little "sexual pleasure". It does make you any less of a partner in it, and you should count yourself lucky to have a woman confident enough to look after her own satisfaction and not fake it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BirdOfPlay posted:

Considering only one person told you to sever, you came to the right place!

If this thread was in E/N then John Lee would be ignoring all the advice while saying he could manage to push it in deeper, and ultimately the thread would recommend watersports as the solution to everything instead of anal.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Trip report: not bad lube but smells a bit kind of awful combined with other fluids (how? They're both fairly innocuous smells but putting them together...)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Don't tell anybody but most of the time, when a woman does climax from PIV without any additional finger action, its because something about your/her movements is stimulating her clit at the same time. Keep that one under your hat.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

John Lee posted:

Protips to get my head on straight?

Dunno if this would help in any psychological way with not being able to make it happen with penis and penetration alone, but you can always go out and get a cock ring with a little bullet vibrator attached. I had a gf who really enjoyed that since vaginal sex alone didn't do it for her, and having the clit stimulation tied directly to the penetrative sex got her off much better than the sexy time equivalent of rubbing your head and patting your stomach.

Also as previously mentioned, try different positions that lean the pelvis. But above all I would hope that being honest about it, and expressing a willingness to experiment would go a long way towards not making her feel self conscious, and help you enjoy the experience instead of worrying that you alone aren't hitting the right spots.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Thanks for all the tips, guys, I think I got it handled now!

Fejsze posted:

Dunno if this would help in any psychological way with not being able to make it happen with penis and penetration alone, but you can always go out and get a cock ring with a little bullet vibrator attached.

I've considered it, but I'm going to keep considering it until I'm not so broke.

neongrey posted:

definitely try something like a cowgirl position

Actually one of our top-used positions already, so we're probably in good shape.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah, but for all that it might be a troll saying it, you know some goony motherfucker here's being insecure about it, so hopefully it helped them.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fair enough.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A real man would have just been happy with getting his dick wet and not having to do extra "work".

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

John Lee posted:

I've considered it, but I'm going to keep considering it until I'm not so broke.

If you do, don't sweat it too hard if it doesn't do the job-- those are pretty anatomy-dependent, like anything that purports both penetration and clit stimulation at once. If it works for both of you, great, if it doesn't, chances are that particular one doesn't fit one or the both of you.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 28, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

neongrey posted:

Well, glad to help-- I know that knowing clit stimulation is often mandatory isn't quite the same as feeling it, so if it took a silly analogy about sandwiches to help, then, hooray.

A more direct analogy would be like expecting a guy to orgasm without him or his partner ever actually touching his penis in any way, since the two body parts are analogous to each other.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Kimmalah posted:

A more direct analogy would be like expecting a guy to orgasm without him or his partner ever actually touching his penis in any way, since the two body parts are analogous to each other.

The clitoris is significantly larger and has more sensitive area than we're taught, it's actually wishbone shaped and mostly under the surface of the skin.
Its more akin to just rubbing the shaft and not touching the head at all. It'll feel good and you'll get some people off, but most will need significantly more stimulation than that

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Note: Getting women off is hard, be happy she can take care of it herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

The Door Frame posted:

The clitoris is significantly larger and has more sensitive area than we're taught, it's actually wishbone shaped and mostly under the surface of the skin.
Its more akin to just rubbing the shaft and not touching the head at all. It'll feel good and you'll get some people off, but most will need significantly more stimulation than that

Yeah either way I was trying to put it in terms that might make it clearer that (for a lot of women at least) the clitoris isn't really an "optional" part of sex when it comes to having orgasms.

Also just speaking as someone who does the same thing a lot of the time, although I could see why someone might think it's just like masturbation it's really a very different experience altogether having a partner around.