Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
AP Poll is out, not playing was the best way to move up

1. FSU
2. Oregon
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Auburn
6. A and M
7. Baylor
8. LSU
9. Notre Dame
10. Ole Miss
11. MSU
12. UCLA
13. Georgia
14. South Carolina
15. ASU
16. Stanford
17. USC
18. Missouri
19. Wisconsin
20. K State
21. BYU
22. Clemson
23. Ohio State
24. Nebraska
25. Okie State

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

kayakyakr posted:

Texas tech defense is real bad. Or qb looks like a true soph with big eyes under the bright lights.

But god drat our defense is bad.

I don't know how many interceptions Arkansas should have had because I stopped counting at like five. I think that you needed a better QB to run the offense but also need to run more because that seemed to be working and then we couldn't just drop 8-9 into coverage.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chump Farts posted:

1. FSU
2. Oregon
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Auburn
6. A and M
7. Baylor
8. LSU
9. Notre Dame
10. Ole Miss
11. MSU
12. UCLA
13. Georgia
14. South Carolina
15. ASU
16. Stanford
17. USC
18. Missouri
19. Wisconsin
20. K State
21. BYU
22. Clemson
23. Ohio State
24. Nebraska
25. Okie State

uh where are the gators after their gutsy triple OT win

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Columbus was alright, I liked downtown State College more, Baton Rouge more than both, and Mobile more than all the previous. I'm really excited to see what BYE's downtown is like. UVA trip will be fun I'm guessing.

Yeah, Columbus is too big to have that old school college town feel.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Ehud posted:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ehud posted:

They're in "others receiving votes."

North Carolina 82, Duke 55, Mississippi St. 55, Virginia Tech 54, Penn St. 51, East Carolina 44, TCU 42, Pittsburgh 40, Florida 31, Marshall 28, Boston College 22, Washington 14, West Virginia 14, Cincinnati 10, Virginia 6, Arizona 3, Arkansas 3, N. Dakota St. 3, Louisville 2

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Pakled posted:

Louisville 2
Seems legit.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

FreakyMetalKid posted:

Taylor Kelly ended up on crutches and with a boot on his foot. Bercovici wants to be the man next year, so hopefully he shows something if he needs to run the show for the rest of this season. The defense is lousy and the schedule is tough from this point forward so it's panic time in Tempe.

So yeah, gently caress everything.

We also lost Moeakiola, a defensive captain and one of the few defenders with experience who was playing well so far.

If those 2 are out for an extended period of time, ASU will struggle to be bowl eligible.

I'm hoping ASU is just trying to put on a good poker face and keep UCLA guessing and that Taylor Kelly comes out of the Tillman Tunnel all Willis Reed style in a week and a half and lights UCLA up.

VDay posted:

fwiw, Hundley is supposedly fine and just had a bad sprain. Supposed to be fine by the end of the week and ready for the ASU game next Thursday. Although I obviously agree that we're nowhere near the team we were being projected to be before the season started.

If Hundley plays and Kelly doesn't, it could be a blood bath. It'd be unfortunate if that were the case. Hundley and Kelly have battled the last 2 years for the division title, it'd be a bummer for them not to get to play against one another in the rubber match.

Chump Farts posted:

1. FSU
2. Oregon
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Auburn
6. A and M
7. Baylor
8. LSU
9. Notre Dame
10. Ole Miss
11. MSU
12. UCLA
13. Georgia
14. South Carolina
15. ASU
16. Stanford
17. USC
18. Missouri
19. Wisconsin
20. K State
21. BYU
22. Clemson
23. Ohio State
24. Nebraska
25. Okie State

that's as far as USC drops after falling to BC? If that was ASU or Arizona or Oregon St or whomever, they would've been out of the top 25 all together. Pays to be Trojans.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
I don't know how the hell USC is still that high up, and by extension, Stanford. BC lost to Pitt for crying out loud.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

HooverDam posted:

If Hundley plays and Kelly doesn't, it could be a blood bath. It'd be unfortunate if that were the case. Hundley and Kelly have battled the last 2 years for the division title, it'd be a bummer for them not to get to play against one another in the rubber match.

Yeah it'd be lovely if we won because Kelly didn't play, although if it makes you feel any better I still don't think we'll run away with it. The Texas game was a fantastic, heart-warming story, but we still haven't really shown that we're the top 10 team that we're supposed to be. I mean, hopefully we ride that win and get our poo poo together from here on out, but that's hardly a given at this point.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

HooverDam posted:

that's as far as USC drops after falling to BC? If that was ASU or Arizona or Oregon St or whomever, they would've been out of the top 25 all together. Pays to be Trojans.

On this, we can agree.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HooverDam posted:

Beating Stanford on the road does wonders, I guess

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The funniest part of the rankings this week is Ohio State staying ranked while Va Tech and ECU aren't ranked. How many weeks into the season until we see a mid major ranked?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Spacebump posted:

The funniest part of the rankings this week is Ohio State staying ranked while Va Tech and ECU aren't ranked. How many weeks into the season until we see a mid major ranked?

msu got bumped up to 11 and we haven't done anything except lose to a far superior team

preseason rankings take hold and never go away

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah it's hard for me to argue that MSU doesn't belong above us, but it's still funny that they're 1-1 and jumped above us to take USC's dropped spot after not playing.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

haha half the top ten is from the SEC west. Mississippi State has comparable wins to Ole Miss and QB with some amount of celebration for him - Ole Miss is in the top 10 and Miss State is unranked.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Spacebump posted:

I just noticed this. Ohio State is ranked after beating up on two not great teams (sorry Dogg) and losing to Virginia Tech. VT beat a ranked team and their FCS opener...and lost to a team that's better than Navy or Kent. Come on AP

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Spacebump posted:

How many weeks into the season until we see a mid major ranked?

Honestly it seems kind of weird that there isn't one ranked right now. I guess with no preseason consensus as to whether any mid-major would be any good we'll have to wait until one of them is sitting at 9-0 near the end of the season or whatever.

... Actually, now that I take a closer look, there are like four undefeated mid-majors after only three weeks of play. :monocle:

Basil Hayden fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 14, 2014

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

pillsburysoldier posted:

haha half the top ten is from the SEC west. Mississippi State has comparable wins to Ole Miss and QB with some amount of celebration for him - Ole Miss is in the top 10 and Miss State is unranked.

Not only that, but we beat them last year with our third string QB playing most of the game and had a better looking bowl win. They are still living off of the hype from recruiting class from two years ago. The teams are about even, so the disparity is ridiculous.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Heaf posted:

I just noticed this. Ohio State is ranked after beating up on two not great teams (sorry Dogg) and losing to Virginia Tech. VT beat a ranked team and their FCS opener...and lost to a team that's better than Navy or Kent. Come on AP

It's because of preseason rankings which are really stupid. Ohio State is top ten and VT unranked last week. VT wins, the two teams are ranked basically the same now. Ohio State wins basically stays the same ranking, VT loses and drops back out. Preseason rankings are really stupid but its not hard to figure out how this stuff works. This is why their should be no Polls until week 6 or so.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 14, 2014

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
They should have preseason US News & World Report rankings.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lol Georgia still one ahead of Sakerlina. Won the battle, losing the war amirite :smug:

Hutson Mason makes me wish we had Joe Cox back. He's so loving bad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Hed posted:

They should have preseason US News & World Report rankings.

10% of the ranking will be based on ratemycoach.com scores.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

pillsburysoldier posted:

Ole Miss is probably not a top ten team.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Ole Miss is probably not a top ten team.

They look much better than they have been. If an SEC West team goes undefeated they're probably going to do the same thing in the post season.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I wish Steve Spurrier would have a stroke

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

he is a national treasure

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How you going to hate on one of the best things in college football

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Chump Farts posted:

he is a national treasure

So was Strom Thurmond for a while

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Spiritus Nox posted:

Texas Tech has some big fuckin' "how-are-we-getting-six-wins" problems...

I finally forced myself to read some post game stuff about Tech-Arkansas and I'm about ready to shoot the Tech fanbase into the sun.

"Fire Wally"
"Pull Web"
etc...

Tech fans are idiots. It's loving year 2 of a rebuild from a dumpster pinebox fire. Oh yeah and the only good players that Tubberville lucked into graduated or left for the NFL. I was just fooling myself into thinking there wouldn't be a massive regression after that.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This is basically TFF.jpg

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I mean, he's the third oldest coach in FBS after Snyder and Solich, so he'll probably hang it up before too long.

Also UK is 1-20 all-time against Spurrier-coached teams (the lone win inexplicably coming under Joker Phillips). :(

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I feel pretty good about our game with Oklahoma. The O-line sucks, but they're young and will improve. We were in the game going into the 4th and there were a couple bad turnovers that cost us points. Two turnovers in field goal range is basically a 20 point swing and maybe 28.

Same here. I hate that Von Pearson was out (those passes to Croom should of been to Von Pearson), but that is football. So far this is the best our D has looked in 5 years (despite giving up some big plays), and we really did a nice job of shutting them down most of the second half.

Still our OL is a major weakness going into SEC play. We lack the ability to run the ball consistently. Hurd is going to be a beast, but he can only do so much. I do feel like if we can protect Worley better we will be in a lot of SEC games this year. I don't feel good about the UGA in 2 weeks (I wish this game was in Knoxville), but if UF (at Knoxville) plays against Tennessee like they did against UK, that game could be the nail in Muschamp's coffin. I do like this is the first time we haven't open SEC play with UF since 2001 (I always felt like that game was too early in the season for us). That said I never feel good about an UF game (we are cursed against them), and UF does have a bye week before us.

I feel we might do better against Oklahoma next year in Knoxville. Our OL and freshmen should be better, and our running game will feature both Hurd and Bama transfer Alvin Kamara. Biggest issue will be Worley will be gone thanks to Dooley burning his freshmen redshirt for what I think was 3 handoffs.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

pillsburysoldier posted:

And my Razorbacks have the hardest schedule in the nation, because they have to play all the teams in the loaded SEC West except for... well, Arkansas.

Arkansas and Mississippi State could be #11 and #12 in the nation, and they'd still be picked to finish in the last two spots in the division.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

:smug: has become flesh as prophesied

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

nate fisher posted:

Biggest issue will be Worley will be gone thanks to Dooley burning his freshmen redshirt for what I think was 3 handoffs.

In fairness, though, Worley isn't the QB to run this offense. He's composed and making great decisions (I seriously haven't seen anything that was dumb yet) but he's slow and it makes us one dimensional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Who is giving any top 25 votes to Penn State?

• Locked thread