Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Yeah with the amount of copies that these games sell it probably isn't worth the development time to move it to the PS4. The increased sales probably wouldn't amount to enough.

Furthermore: how many systems would they want to smear the Z series across? You already need at least 3 different consoles to play the ones we already have (OK, 2 if you have a launch JP PS3). Making Z3.2 a PS4 exclusive would be really obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If Sony's conference is any indication, it'd be PS4/Vita.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Midjack posted:

Furthermore: how many systems would they want to smear the Z series across? You already need at least 3 different consoles to play the ones we already have (OK, 2 if you have a launch JP PS3). Making Z3.2 a PS4 exclusive would be really obnoxious.

The original Z is a PS2 Classic, so you don't need PS2 hardware unless you already had the disc. We've been wondering if Z2 is going to get an HD version or something like that for ages, but I feel like the time for that would have been when Z went up before Z3 (at which time Z2 was simply rereleased as Best Of on sale).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

The original Z is a PS2 Classic, so you don't need PS2 hardware unless you already had the disc. We've been wondering if Z2 is going to get an HD version or something like that for ages, but I feel like the time for that would have been when Z went up before Z3 (at which time Z2 was simply rereleased as Best Of on sale).

I could see a Z Remastered once Z3 is out and they can recycle a bunch of its sprites for Z1 and Z2 stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

That would be fine with me. With a PS4 version of EDF and Persona confirmed, SRW is the last franchise that needs to move on before I start thinking about retiring my PS3.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I sure hope it at least retains a PS3 version for Z3.2. I have nowhere near enough money to spring for a PS4 or Vita at the moment, and it'd be obnoxious to miss out on the conclusion of a 5-game series because of it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I sure hope it at least retains a PS3 version for Z3.2. I have nowhere near enough money to spring for a PS4 or Vita at the moment, and it'd be obnoxious to miss out on the conclusion of a 5-game series because of it.

"It works for kingdom hearts!"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Policenaut posted:

If they release a game for Vita the ease of cross porting makes it really unlikely they wouldn't just throw out a PS3 port as well just for the additional sales, especially given Banpresto's notoriously glacial adoption of new technology.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tae posted:

"It works for kingdom hearts!"

Eh, at least that still has a release date of "who loving knows", I'll probably have saved up enough to get a PS4 by then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I meant that Kingdom Hearts entire game collection is canon and referenced in the next game. KH went from ps2, GBA, ps2, mobile, DS, PSP, 3DS, and eventually PS4.

Or if you go just by re-releases to simplify it, ps2, ps2, ps3, ps3, ps4.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

As much as I would love for Lagrange to be in the game, that's a big part of the backstory of at least 14 different shows, including Idolmaster: Xenoglossia.

Oh my God Xenoglossia :swoon: why did I forget this series existed for so long? If I could get the Idolm@ster girls in a SRW game I would buy a new console just to play that game.

While we're asking for unrealistic inclusions I'd also like to ask for Galaxy Angel, thanks.

ooo and Magic Knight Rayearth. Could you imagine an SRW with the Idolm@ster girls, the Angels and CLAMP characters in it? All the mecha fans would... quickly put it back on the shelf and not buy it. But I'd buy it! And that has to count for something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My favorite unrealistic conclusion would be Ganbare Goemon, just as a gag unit with no real plot.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
As long as we're talking crazy talk, I want Redline. Most of the drivers would have a normal array of weapons, but JP's only attack would be to drive past the enemy so fast that they get distracted and crash.

edit: better yet, he could be another Basara and all of his attacks cause negative status effects from confusion/disbelief at crazy car tricks.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 15, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Infinite Stratos. :unsmigghh:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The first time I watched Xenoglossia I didn't get very far into it and it was before I had played any Idolm@ster game, but now that I'm going back and watching it's weird how half the characters are the exact same as their video game versions and the other half are completely different.

Also let's continue to play the 'it's never going to get in but man if it did...' game: Dual!, Sakura Wars and Vandread.

Edit: And Danbooru Senki. I'm really surprised they haven't already done this, especially for the 3DS SRW. Danbooru Senki has tons of figures to sell. Level 5 needs to get in on some of these sweet sweet crossovers. I was really wanting them to get a character in Smash Brothers too, but I'd settle for getting some robots into an SRW game.

V If we can get Western series in there I want Mechwarrior and Battletech.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 15, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Voltron Force. :colbert:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Getsuya posted:

ooo and Magic Knight Rayearth. Could you imagine an SRW with the Idolm@ster girls, the Angels and CLAMP characters in it? All the mecha fans would... quickly put it back on the shelf and not buy it. But I'd buy it! And that has to count for something.

I maintain that Rayearth would be great just for the goofy gimmick bosses featured in MKR2. I really want this to happen.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hokuto posted:

I maintain that Rayearth would be great just for the goofy gimmick bosses featured in MKR2. I really want this to happen.

I want Rayearth entirely for the opening theme.

TOMAAAAARANAI~~~

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Hellioning posted:

I want Rayearth entirely for the opening theme.

TOMAAAAARANAI~~~

I think you mean HOLD OOOOOON TO THAT DUREEEEEEEEM! TOMORROW KNOOOOOOWS WHERE AND WHEN~!

God I hated the American DVDs. They would launch right into the first episode with the dub opening. And then one of the bonus features was an extended version of the English opening.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFd8wgZ6m3k Yep! You definitely hit all those notes!

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 15, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It says something that Working Designs did an all around better job translating Magic Knight Rayearth than the anime companies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2522HMt5Dg

I'm still annoyed at "Rune-Gods."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there really a "I know this CAN'T be in it" when such previous examples like Patlabor made it in, or even Sgt. Frog?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Is there really a "I know this CAN'T be in it" when such previous examples like Patlabor made it in, or even Sgt. Frog?

Honestly, not really anymore unless it is something that can't be in for license reasons like Giant Robo. When Hatsune Miku and Sgt. Frog have gotten in, I think it's safe to assume they'll find a way to make anything work.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Time for them to branch out from Robots and make it SF Wars. Stellvia, LoGH, Crest of the Stars, Nadia, Toward the Terra. They could just come up with customizable original mechs to put characters in who don't naturally have mechs in their series. They could have a big storyline about the Abh showing up and have the game story split between supporting the Abh or fighting for Earth's independence. No I haven't been coming up with weird fanfiction plots for imaginary SRW games shut up.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Super Kaiju Wars. Godzilla vs Gamera with Ultraman and Sentai robots too. Throw in Sazer-X so Gordo can be there.

edit: I just really want to have Godzilla fight Dragonzord OK?

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 15, 2014

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The only thing off the table are series whose creators have stated they would never give Bamco the licenses like Sakura Wars or Rayearth.

Did UX use the anime version of Demonbane? Because if they used the game version then Muv-Luv Alternative has a shot.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GimmickMan posted:

The only thing off the table are series whose creators have stated they would never give Bamco the licenses like Sakura Wars or Rayearth.

Did UX use the anime version of Demonbane? Because if they used the game version then Muv-Luv Alternative has a shot.

It said it used the anime version, but I think it had a VN-exlusive bit or two. Still probably not Muv-Luv.

Getsuya posted:

Time for them to branch out from Robots and make it SF Wars. Stellvia, LoGH, Crest of the Stars, Nadia, Toward the Terra. They could just come up with customizable original mechs to put characters in who don't naturally have mechs in their series. They could have a big storyline about the Abh showing up and have the game story split between supporting the Abh or fighting for Earth's independence. No I haven't been coming up with weird fanfiction plots for imaginary SRW games shut up.

Don't worry, in terms of fanfiction plots for imaginary SRW games, that's relatively tame.

At least yours isn't half dating sim!

...Galaxy Angels would work, ok?

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 15, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

My truest of dreams is, and forever will be, Zone of the Enders. Will never loving happen, but if we're talking unrealistic dreams, that one's mine.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

GimmickMan posted:

Is there a source for this? I keep seeing it mentioned but never with a citation.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Two more missions to go in Alpha, then it's time for MX.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Hokuto posted:

Is there a source for this? I keep seeing it mentioned but never with a citation.
I keep hearing about Sakura Taisen, but then again, it was recently part of a crossover game. So perhaps it's not that unlikely it would get into SRW. Rayearth is a new one to me, though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only one that everyone wants but won't happen is Transformers.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Daler Mehndi posted:

I keep hearing about Sakura Taisen, but then again, it was recently part of a crossover game. So perhaps it's not that unlikely it would get into SRW. Rayearth is a new one to me, though.

CLAMP gives off the vibe of never giving any of their stuff to anyone. They've never been in any non-fanmade crossovers, except internal stuff where they crossover their own works. Actually I guess that'd be the main problem; if you get one CLAMP series you have to get them all since they're all tied together in the weirdest ways possible.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Getsuya posted:

CLAMP gives off the vibe of never giving any of their stuff to anyone. They've never been in any non-fanmade crossovers, except internal stuff where they crossover their own works. Actually I guess that'd be the main problem; if you get one CLAMP series you have to get them all since they're all tied together in the weirdest ways possible.

If that was actually the logic being used, well...

I wouldn't mind tiny Duklyon units fighting like Vega or Alberto or Master Asia. I'll take it. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Does that mean we'd get Jotaro Kujo?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works. You also get Ronin Warriors the same way. (And they were in Sunrise World War!)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hokuto posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works. You also get Ronin Warriors the same way. (And they were in Sunrise World War!)

Sold. :frogon:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If the choice is between no Muv Luv and Total Eclipse I'd rather it just not be in SRW. The VN itself has some problems it'd need to address like all of extra and how unlimited fits in, not to mention if it follow the plot it's gonna end up taking a top tier real pilot like Takeru and stick him in a Super Robot Susanoo right near the end. Other than that though it could fit very well there's good unit progression Fubuki > Shiranui > Takemikaduchi > Susanoo and the Valkyries fit pretty easily into SRW archtypes sniper,healer,leader,ace and so on. The Susanoo would also wreck poo poo seeing as it's basically a three pilot nadesico with a shitload of guns and a pilot that almost certainly would have a reduced price love spirit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If you want robots and not-robots just play one of the Compati Heroes games.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Hokuto posted:

I usually try not to repeat rumors when it comes to SRW and I was fairly sure that I got this from a legit source sometime, but I'm trying to recall it right now and I'm coming up empty.

So I guess both of them are still on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakura Wars appeared in Project X Zone. It's sort of hard to imagine they'd go "never to you!!" when it was in a game with several SRW characters already.

• Locked thread