Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Gigi posted:

@paranaturalzack @EnEnKay you two are very powerful but im pretty sure I mean that in the same way id describe a missile closing in on me
Even when she's not a part of the shenanigans, Gigi is priceless. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

How can I become two-kites gansta?

If you have to ask you can't.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's not something you get, it's just something you got

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

A Sometimes Food posted:

If you have to ask you can't.

You butchered this awfully, it's "If you have to ask, you'll never know."

Angelica owns forever.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I thought it was obvious: get two kites.

If you can fly them both while nonchalantly leaning against a wall, you're gangsta.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OW

Spender you're kind of an rear end in a top hat. Any guesses as to what Forge's maimed spirit is going to jump into?

E: Thinking on that a little more, that's a really scary application of power. Spender can simply end you as long as there's some way to create a clearly delineated area of shadow under you big enough for you to fall into.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 15, 2014

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Geez, Spender.

Even if Forge does escape into something, I loved his design. Why you gotta do away with all the cool spirits, Zack??

Also did he walk over the shadow pit?? I'd be a smug dork too if I could do that.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Spender did nothing wrong.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fecha posted:

Also did he walk over the shadow pit?? I'd be a smug dork too if I could do that.

It's only as real as he wants it to be :smug:

Also, love how he keeps Forge from accidentally offing himself just so he can finish the job himself :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Funny how somebody whose powers revolve around black and white insists on a worldview full of shades of grey :laugh:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
he's most powerful if he lets rip with the light or shadow, but he can't do that readily because of the need to maintain a balance?

I guess he should be carrying an LED floodlamp on his person more often

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Haha, Spender acting like an anime villain here.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Haha, Spender acting like an anime villain here.

Is he being an anime villain or an anime antihero? I think he's more on the Vegeta side Goku/Vegeta/Frieza axis right now.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress yeah, Spender. Only dead people fight fair.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is he being an anime villain or an anime antihero? I think he's more on the Vegeta side Goku/Vegeta/Frieza axis right now.

Well, Namek-arc vegeta, not Buu Vegeta.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Goku / Vegeta /Freeza is my preferred DnD alignment system.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know, this might be the reason Lucifer has Spender trying to keep control of his emotions all the time. Because he's the kind of guy who would do things like this otherwise.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Heh.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Aaaand the evil doggies win.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hell yes.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Falstaff posted:

Aaaand the evil doggies win.

Yeah, in case we've forgotten Spender and Forge have both been played. I kinda doubt Zack'd go through all this effort to introduce Forge if this was his end, though, so Tool-ing or Possessing might be up next.

What's his spirit colour? Could he be a replacement for Isabel, or would Spender not want Forge working with them even as a tool?

Also I imagine Spender's going to pay a price for dipping into the shadow power, or at the very least get chided by Lucifer.

Edit: looks by his aura that his spirit colour's grey, so I don't think anyone can use him unless possibly that's close enough to black for Max.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 15, 2014

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Forge will be fine. He'll just uh...forge himself a lower half.

Also, lest we forget, Spender has understood Forge the whole time!

And I just realized how Spender beat Isaac's spirit. Storm god probably went into his "we're not so different" speech and got back stabbed.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 15, 2014

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Dolash posted:

Yeah, in case we've forgotten Spender and Forge have both been played. I kinda doubt Zack'd go through all this effort to introduce Forge if this was his end, though, so Tool-ing or Possessing might be up next.

What's his spirit colour? Could he be a replacement for Isabel, or would Spender not want Forge working with them even as a tool?

Also I imagine Spender's going to pay a price for dipping into the shadow power, or at the very least get chided by Lucifer.

Edit: looks by his aura that his spirit colour's grey, so I don't think anyone can use him unless possibly that's close enough to black for Max.

It's going to be max dad

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well, I guess that shows us that Spender is powerful after all. Still pretty much a dick, but we sort of knew that.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Spender you redeemed yourself good job

sliced that guy in half

I guess that would kill even a powerful spirit like Forge, huh? Isn't it so that Forge would have to have been undefeated for several centuries to have the form he has, or am I misinterpreting how the language and spirit powers work? Can Spender even be possessed by two spirits at once?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Geez spender, keep that up and you gonna get grandpa'd.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Dolash posted:

Two baseball bats gangsta.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Prison Warden posted:

Goku / Vegeta /Freeza is my preferred DnD alignment system.

Max is very Chaotic Piccolo whereas Spender is Lawful Vegeta.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Max is very Chaotic Piccolo whereas Spender is Lawful Vegeta.
Issac is True Goku.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Hypocrisy posted:

And I just realized how Spender beat Isaac's spirit. Storm god probably went into his "we're not so different" speech and got back stabbed.
Because most of the time, forge has just been using the normal (Or archaic maybe) spirit language. The "Evil" language Spender was talking about is the skull language, that forge spoke a word or two of awhile back, meaning he's done some really heinous things.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Spender, why. Only complete dorks say "Heh."

Oh wait, I forgot he is a complete dork. But now he isn't even a lovable dork. I don't like this side of Spender, you guys.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Here's an interesting thought. What if Forge's body isn't his actual body and more like a shell he constructed? I mean, we wouldn't want to kill him off or anything right?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

heenato posted:

Because most of the time, forge has just been using the normal (Or archaic maybe) spirit language. The "Evil" language Spender was talking about is the skull language, that forge spoke a word or two of awhile back, meaning he's done some really heinous things.

But Spender can speak high spirit.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hypocrisy posted:

But Spender can speak high spirit.

Spender's an overly dorky, nerdy "scholar", and his accent is atrocious.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I won't lie, I was quite hoping we'd get to see the Spender Life-Ender.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Pretty sure it's not a coincidence that that Isabel, a red spectral, just lost her spirit, and we now most likely have a defeated red spirit floating around.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pretty sure it's not a coincidence that that Isabel, a red spectral, just lost her spirit, and we now most likely have a defeated red spirit floating around.

Forge is grey.

If he's deincarnating, he'll have to bind with someone who isn't a spectral, I guess. Maybe someone else that likes smackin' nerds.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Ah, I must have missed that.

I guess with their mutual interest in nerd-beating, Forge and Johnny WOULD get along like a house on fire.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Max confirmed for Three Spirits.

Let's kill that bunny thing and another blackish spirit to make him Max Five Spirits and then he and Johnny can switch names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

How does possession work with non-spectrals again? Frog-guy considered it for Max's dad, but I don't remember if they can still spectrally recharge from that.

If Johnny's hoodie-wearing friend is a spectral, as some have speculated, they're probably green. That disqualifies Forge.