Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best thing about UVA winning is London's so not getting fired and that's awesome.

UVA fans won't realize this until December or so and then they'll get all depressed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Doronin posted:

and I already don't even want to think about what Travin Dural (LSU) is going to do in November.

Just triple team him, none of our other receivers can do poo poo. Besides, he's an LSU player, so he will probably end up suspended for pot or bar fights by then.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Coco13 posted:

You know that 3rd season episode of Arrested Development where Jim Cramer says 'I like the Bluth family, they beat the treason charges, let's bump them up to risky!'

Its for appearances when Penn State wins the Big Ten and has to go get murdered in the Fiesta Bowl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Psu could win out and not be in the final four hahaha

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Washington could theoretically play 16 games this season.

I loving love that dumb Hawaii rule.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Doronin posted:

The Alabama secondary, with exception to Landon Collins, really loving sucks. I mean, I guess it could be worse. What's scary is that they're playing marginally better right now than they did against West Virginia because Bradley Sylve is benched. Eddie Jackson is the only guy back there that isn't named 'Landon Collins' with any redeeming qualities.

Florida is going to earn more yards through the air than they will deserve next week. But in two weeks when we go to Oxford, Laquon Treadwell is going to have a field day against us, and I already don't even want to think about what Travin Dural (LSU) is going to do in November.

Part of me really hopes that this is some sort of scheme that Smart/Saban have cooked up to lure future opponents into a false sense of security, but I know the program too well to believe they'd ever be okay with Southern Miss receivers getting open at will.

As far as the QB situation, Blake Sims is the guy. I'm fine with it. He leads and commands the huddle, and extends plays with his feet. Jacob Coker, no doubt, was monumentally overrated. Big arm, but no nerves.

not worried about Ole Miss 'cuz Wallace is a head case, but for A&M and LSU I have a feeling it's going to be a bunch of sacks or bust

also Kevin Norwood isn't here to go "loving insane" mode against LSU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Washington could theoretically play 16 games this season.

I loving love that dumb Hawaii rule.

What, exactly, is the reasoning for that rule, anyway? Is it because nobody wanted to play Hawaii on the road otherwise because of travel expenses and a perceived disadvantage to traveling west?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pakled posted:

What, exactly, is the reasoning for that rule, anyway? Is it because nobody wanted to play Hawaii on the road otherwise?

Precisely. Teams were allowed an extra home game to cover the cost of flying to Hawaii and back.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

every posted:

Please Mizzou or auburn or Florida beat usc

Auburn will beat us because that is apparently natural law. One or even both of the other two could pull it off as well, who knows.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Crotch Bat posted:

The best thing about UVA winning is London's so not getting fired and that's awesome.

UVA fans won't realize this until December or so and then they'll get all depressed again.

way ahead of you

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

RumbleFish posted:

Auburn will beat us because that is apparently natural law. One or even both of the other two could pull it off as well, who knows.

Remember that game where Auburn was sucking the whole game but somehow kept South Carolina from ever having possession of the ball for the entirety of the third quarter?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tomorrow is my 31st birthday, but I drank really hard today because everyone is off.

UF is terrible, Bama is going to murder us next Saturday.

I think I'm too old for this poo poo. Can I just root for chaos for the rest of my life now, or what?

Is that considered giving up?

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
if I haven't given up at this point then no one else is allowed to

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
I am pretty shocked that we are somehow both unranked and only a 7 point dog @ LSU at night.

Vegas must really like us.

every
Apr 24, 2008

greatn posted:

Remember that game where Auburn was sucking the whole game but somehow kept South Carolina from ever having possession of the ball for the entirety of the third quarter?

Yes

LeeMajors posted:

I think I'm too old for this poo poo. Can I just root for chaos for the rest of my life now, or what?

Is that considered giving up?

I feel the same way

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Deteriorata posted:

Precisely. Teams were allowed an extra home game to cover the cost of flying to Hawaii and back.

Incidentally, the NCAA bylaw that allows this would also apply to any hypothetical Alaskan college football team, though as far as I'm aware there hasn't been one of those since 1952 (and the one that did exist played all of its known games against a local Air Force base).

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I spent most of today in a stupor, has Paul Johnson been fired or contract-extended yet

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mukaikubo posted:

I spent most of today in a stupor, has Paul Johnson been fired or contract-extended yet

Georgia Tech announced today the unprecedented move of demoting Paul Johnson to half head coach. Athletic Director Mike Bobinski is reportedly already interviewing candidates for a second half head coach.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

greatn posted:

Yep.

For the most part, we've been unfortunate enough to run into Auburn whenever they're very good and/or have a generational talent (ala Cam), but we've had a couple chances against mediocre teams and still managed to blow it. A road game against yet another high-caliber Auburn team? Better luck next time.

every
Apr 24, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wish Steve Spurrier would have a stroke

He's still embittered by losing his chance at an SEC title with the Gators by dropping a game to Georgia in loving 1966. That sort of longstanding butthurt is something I can relate to.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

pillsburysoldier posted:

Now I'm actually searching UVA football by upload date on youtube and it's not a good use of time.

But I found this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soOPCgV0bMI

:unsmith:

Oh my god, that's super cute.

Crotch Bat posted:

How dumb and hopeful do you think I am or rather, we are?

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 15, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Basil Hayden posted:

Incidentally, the NCAA bylaw that allows this would also apply to any hypothetical Alaskan college football team, though as far as I'm aware there hasn't been one of those since 1952 (and the one that did exist played all of its known games against a local Air Force base).

Puerto Rico, too, if anybody down there starts playing Division I football.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

wtftastic posted:

How dumb and hopeful do you think I am or rather, we are?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No, really, you guys will go 6-6 or 7-5 and be happy and you should be but it'll hit most of your fanbase later that London's still coach and you won't be rid of him yet.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

These old games presented with interviews and stuff on SECN are awesome -- Bluegrass Miracle is on now -- but goddamn the video is lovely.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Ugh it's been a while since Texas had one slip away right at the end. In recent years we've been blown out plenty of times, but if we were still in the game with 10 minutes left we tended to win.

That poo poo emotionally devastated me to a completely embarrassing degree. It seems like it should hurt worse to watch your team get absolutely curbstomped but not so in this case. Looking forward to the bye week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ugh it's been a while since Texas had one slip away right at the end. In recent years we've been blown out plenty of times, but if we were still in the game with 10 minutes left we tended to win.

That poo poo emotionally devastated me to a completely embarrassing degree. It seems like it should hurt worse to watch your team get absolutely curbstomped but not so in this case. Looking forward to the bye week.

Nah, totally makes sense. If you're getting curbstomped, you can say 'gently caress this' and just flip a table and walk out (either literally or just emotionally) at the end of the third quarter or so. If they keep it close, you have to come to terms with it much faster.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Also we just straight up stole that game. Like we had our second-to-last drive completely stuffed and had to punt, then forced a 3-and-out, returned the punt like 40 yards thanks to a highlight block, and then immediately scored on a beautiful throw. It was a hell of a story for us and for Neuheisel, but I do feel bad for the Texas goons cause that's a really lovely way to lose a game that was close the whole time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't get to watch football this weekend. Did the Texas-UCLA game suck as much as the score indicates?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PostNouveau posted:

I didn't get to watch football this weekend. Did the Texas-UCLA game suck as much as the score indicates?

Let's just say everything was so stupid that Texas botched the coin toss.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

PostNouveau posted:

Did the Texas-UCLA game suck as much as the score indicates?
It was no Florida-Kentucky

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Deteriorata posted:

Puerto Rico, too, if anybody down there starts playing Division I football.

The first year someone starts playing D1 football there, Baylor will schedule them. 'cause that's how we roll.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

Linguica posted:

It was no Florida-Kentucky

That's pretty much having your heart ripped out Temple of Doom style.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Taylor Kelly is going to miss the UCLA game, might be back for USC or Stanford.

Really unfortunate, although I think ASU can still beat us if the Texas win didn't magically fix some of our problems and especially if Hundley is out/hurt/banged up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

In case you missed Musberger in the UF Kentucky game
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264...bsp3hjJLGPlXDV_

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
A&M appears to be a really, really good football team this year. And they may continue to be, since they are recruiting out of control and have some freshmen who play better than our seniors. I readily admit these things.

But then there is this:

e:

Stolen From Another Board posted:

E. King Grill now serving Johnny Footlongs, DimSumlin, and Dat Buffalo Nguyings.

e2: They will not stop erecting ridiculous poo poo

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 15, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Thermos H Christ posted:

A&M appears to be a really, really good football team this year. And they may continue to be, since they are recruiting out of control and have some freshmen who play better than our seniors. I readily admit these things.

But then there is this:

e:

Wow this is a really unique phenomenon to A&M.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

honor the corps but no girl leaders pls. only huge dorks and statues of huge dorks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

Are there real pants in this world that fit like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Thermos H Christ posted:

• Locked thread