Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So...it is entirely possible that he has no idea who's leg he's holding right now. This is an acceptable explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

Hori really is just a dedicated leg man.
That's even written in his profile.

quote:

Preferred type: Girls with pretty legs

Edit: also, the anime website put on this collage to celebrate 60k Twitter followers.

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 14, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Episode 11 is up. I somehow didn't really realize it before, but Ken's voice actor is really great for him.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Why does this have to end :cry:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

More importantly, why are we not getting the otome game chapter :cry:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Whyyyy? :cry:

This series was excellent. Every single scene.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

isn't this doing pretty good in pre-orders?

i dunno, I bet we'll get a second season, there's enough material.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

From 2chan:

"This is a bad dream. There's no way that Nozaki-kun ends next week. When I wake up, we'll obviously be in the middle of season 2 and having tons of fun watching it. Yes.

Hahaha... you're so cute, Chiyo-chan... so cute"

What do you think, Chiyo?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you're sad about the show ending, please continue to read the manga. It's got slow releases due to being a webmanga but it's still pretty great! (Also I don't want it to fall into scanlation hell where no one bothers to translate it)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

DoubleDonut posted:

If you're sad about the show ending, please continue to read the manga. It's got slow releases due to being a webmanga but it's still pretty great! (Also I don't want it to fall into scanlation hell where no one bothers to translate it)

It's a webmanga? Huh, been reading for a while, and never realized that.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

DoubleDonut posted:

It's a monthly release just like a lot of other mangas. I wish the chapters were longer though...

Please give us another season. :smith:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

sniper4625 posted:

It's a webmanga? Huh, been reading for a while, and never realized that.

It's in Gangan Online which is close enough as far as I'm concerned!

Also are you sure it's monthly? I thought it was releasing slower than that, but maybe I miscounted or something.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

DoubleDonut posted:

It's in Gangan Online which is close enough as far as I'm concerned!

Also are you sure it's monthly? I thought it was releasing slower than that, but maybe I miscounted or something.

Yeah, I heard it was a monthly. The slow gap between releases is most likely because of the translators' pace.

There's a reason why it's called Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun after all!

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Yeah, I heard it was a monthly. The slow gap between releases is most likely because of the translators' pace.

There are occasional months where you get two chapters. It's like Christmas every time.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This show is doing gangbusters in Japan, so patience is all we need in order to get a Season 2. Now, what to do in order to fill the time...

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yeah, apparently a second season is all but inevitable, since there's probably enough material for a second season anyway.

Until then, I can watch vibratingsheep play dating sims.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Chiyo continues to be my absolute favorite, closely followed by Waka when he has dumb face going on :allears:

So excited for the final episode, even though I want it to continue! Thank goodness for the manga.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Maybe they'll do a surprise otome game adaption next episode? I haven't watched the newest one yet so I can still dream <:mad:>

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i sometimes really wish this show was an actual romance show

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

I don't

None of these characters belong together, other than Seo and Wakamatsu of course.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

HellCopter posted:

I don't

None of these characters belong together, other than Seo and Wakamatsu of course.

I like to imagine that Nozaki's basically like Seo, and imagines that he and Sakura are already dating. The difference is that Seo has an actual idea of what that actually entails.

Sakura will finally confess to Nozaki and he'll just be all "Huh? Oh, I knew that," without even reacting.

Edit: This is my headcanon please do not argue with it or I will write a very scathing post about you on tumblr

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Same, and have Mikorin find someone he can hang out with instead of third-wheeling all the time probably someone in 2D.

I wouldn't mind if we had a straight up shoujo episode with all the couples like the festival part in the manga. Although it'd be better if it was 90% Seo and Waka shenanigans.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

DoubleDonut posted:

I like to imagine that Nozaki's basically like Seo, and imagines that he and Sakura are already dating. The difference is that Seo has an actual idea of what that actually entails.

Sakura will finally confess to Nozaki and he'll just be all "Huh? Oh, I knew that," without even reacting.

Edit: This is my headcanon please do not argue with it or I will write a very scathing post about you on tumblr

My love of the Chiyo-Nozaki romance wants this to happen so much

Next week is the festival shenanigans isn't it?

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I wish it ended on the flashback chapter with the ribbon and the horrible jump-over- fence-to-get to-class calamity. I hate that viewers won't know that Chiyo is the inspiration for how mamiko looks! Also sad for lack of "Yo, ribbons!" Chick.

Chiyo is so adorkable I can't stand it!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
"Yo, Ribbons!" woman is the best side character. At least she had a small cameo again in the extras...

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
When I reread the manga, I noticed that the shoujo romance stuff has far more of a presence than I thought it did the first time through. I think it's easy to be laughing too hard to notice.

Also, this week, the Chiyo scene between the ending song and next week's preview was super adorable. Looks like they're definitely doing the festival and the flashback to when they first met for the finale. Makes sense.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I just got into this show after a friend trip last weekend and rushed to catch up. It's such a cute little thing. I really just like all the character interactions and everything :3: I hate that I got into the show JUST as it was ending its season though.

Also I would feel remiss if I did not go "TOMODAAAAAAA".

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 15, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My only regret is that two of the best chapters (the Otome game and Yo, Ribbons) were cut / shortened.

And that the animated series is ending. That hurts too.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Same, and have Mikorin find someone he can hang out with instead of third-wheeling all the time probably someone in 2D.

Tomoda.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
King Game chapter is hitting the scanlation aggregators, in case anyone else was excited to receive an update notification. :(

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
This episode, like every episode, rules.

I'm sad it was only 12 episodes, but at least we're getting my favorite joke in the next episode. Nozaki is great with faces!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Just watched 10: gently caress Yes Dvorak

Chromius
Aug 5, 2014

Stays shiny, even in milk.
I'm hoping that sales are high enough and there's enough material to adapt to in order make another season.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

What site are the translated extras on?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Noo, don't end. :( This was definitely the Anime of the Year for me. I wonder how it'll compare to Barakamon once the voting starts.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

Noo, don't end. :( This was definitely the Anime of the Year for me. I wonder how it'll compare to Barakamon once the voting starts.

Barakamon seems to have flown under the radar, mainly because it's not on Crunchyroll and Crunchyroll has made me too lazy for piracy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fair enough. Then I wonder how it'll compare to everything else. :v:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Cake Attack posted:

Barakamon seems to have flown under the radar, mainly because it's not on Crunchyroll and Crunchyroll has made me too lazy for piracy.

It doesn't really help that Funimation didn't upload episodes until a few weeks after the show started either. Barakamon is great and it's another series I wish gets a sequel.

Mungbutter
Oct 18, 2004

Candy Dawn posted:

I wish it ended on the flashback chapter with the ribbon and the horrible jump-over- fence-to-get to-class calamity. I hate that viewers won't know that Chiyo is the inspiration for how mamiko looks! Also sad for lack of "Yo, ribbons!" Chick.

Chiyo is so adorkable I can't stand it!
It's pretty hard for me not to love her as well, and wish they had time for school fence event, it would tie in well with one of the opening video images.

And also the hinted from episode 11: Forgotten chocolate chapter :

I wish it would've as well, it would tie in well with a small flash at and end credits

chumbler posted:

Goddamned adorable.

The heroine battle also continues between Chiyo and Mikorin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, I can't believe it's almost ending. Reflecting back on it, I'm really happy with this adaption. Artistically, I actually think the animators put a lot more effort than I expected for a comedy anime. The colors might be a little bright and over saturated at times, but not offensively so. It matches the lighthearted and goofy mood this show is supposed to evoke. Here's hoping for a second season (and thankfully we got more chapters to look forward to!)