Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Making It

I'm not familiar with he characters in this comic. Is the joke here that she's in highschool? :stare:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Mandrake the Magician (1942-05-24, 1942-05-31)

I love the guy in that last panel who looks like he's got a bayonet attached to his helmet. I know it's actually behind him, but still. I can't help wondering though, if this island is so important that the Japanese are sending thousands of soldiers to attack it, why are there only 300 defending it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Tiggum posted:

Lulu is clearly faking being a leftie. She put her mouse on the left side to fool the inspector, but she made a critical mistake: it's upside down.

Fingerpori

:frog:

Fok_It

There's a phrase that translates literally to "having a dick on one's forehead", meaning more or less "being pissed off". Sometimes people substitute the dick with a bolete to make the phrase less explicit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

I thought that this school was constantly low on funds. How do they have the budget to pay for an on-call ambulance?

Tiggum posted:

Mandrake the Magician (1942-05-24, 1942-05-31)

Mandrake manning a machine gun is not something I thought I'd see.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 15, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Yay! A mobile home bathroom threesome!

Non Sequitur

But... hand cars involve lifting against the floor of the car. -5 entirely non-feasible, Wiley.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's, but we still haven't seen it yet.

Kliban

Ok, that was pretty funny. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 9/15/2003

Right, whatever.

Zits

Is this a thing? I mean, how would that even work? What if one of you has a really laggy connection? It'd be all out of sync.

Kevin & Kell

Meh.

Being Monday morning, Nemi, I completely sympathize.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 15, 2014

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Is this a thing? I mean, how would that even work? What if one of you has a really laggy connection? It'd be all out of sync.

Those teenagers, always avoiding physical contact with members of the opposite sex, right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I hope if Sally Forth ever ends they go down that rabbit hole. Just a Sunday strip of nothing but Ted revealing that he is God and controlling the whole Forthverse.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

People in long distance relationships do this, but I don't think kids in the same high school count as long distance.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I bring you comix, monday morning comix:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

I've done it before. You both get the same file/disk/preload the site and hit play at the same time. I'd just use IRC or skype instead of texting though, especially if you have a phone it's convenient to type on. There are also sites like Synchtube (or whatever replaced it) that load youtube videos simultaneously and have a chatroom to the side of it. They synch up the videos so everybody's in the same place unless there's one person with a reeeeally bad connection.

It's not just long-distance relationships, either. In high school I dated someone in the next town and it wasn't always convenient to get together on weekdays, so we did basically the same thing with DVDs and Yahoo! instant messenger. :corsair:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears is easy to please.

The Dinette Set knows what it likes.

Working Daze hates that thing everyone else hates, ammirite?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

He's just going downhill, isn't he. I mean, this guy's dropping like a plane with it's wings shot off.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Richard Thompson recently posted some unseen early Cul-de-Sacs, including the first appearance of Mr. Otterloop's car:

That's some good stuff. Now onto the Brainless Prattle Comix.

Pooch Café

No, Poncho, those marks would be lower down.

Ballard Street

There's a group of these that prowl the trail I use to bike to work. They can't hear anything else around them, but it's always your fault if they don't know you're coming.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmLmZU2yAH4

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

He's just going downhill, isn't he. I mean, this guy's dropping like a plane with it's wings shot off.

I still remember when Boyce firs got posted in these threads, and how everyone went from "haha, this guy's nuts!" to "is this poor guy having a stroke? Is there someone we can call? :ohdear:".

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Check out these comics that the guy who draws "Working Daze" does:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Richard Thompson recently posted some unseen early Cul-de-Sacs, including the first appearance of Mr. Otterloop's car:

FED-UPS :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Where can I buy that poster?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Well he's dead, so . . . .

poo poo, was thinking of the Wee Pals guy.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 15, 2014

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

RandomFerret posted:

It's always neat when Thompson reminds me he's also from DC. Not just in the accurate depiction of our awful traffic, but also the reference to Glebe Road.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

plainswalker75 posted:

Well he's dead, so . . . .

I don't think you're thinking of the right guy.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mister Beeg posted:

Check out these comics that the guy who draws "Working Daze" does:

See these, are awesome. What the hell.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Tina's Groove

Foob

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why is he wearing his tshirt backwards?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Scott Roberts is a talented dude (another poster upthread already mentioned his Patty-Cake comics, which own). Him doing a tedious office strip that makes On the Fastrack look like a work of genius is a total waste, but I guess it puts bucks in his pocket.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
On into June, 1988.
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

e:

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 15, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

He wasn't the original illustrator on "Working Daze". It was somebody else's designs.

So Roberts has to mimics that guy's style.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
If anyone missed out on the Stripped documentary, the group behind it is reducing its price by ~40% for the next four days. You can find it right here.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xai2FkYhC3s

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

My boyfriend was all the way across the continent when the last season of Breaking Bad was premiering so we'd watch it on Skype together, but yeah there were sometimes playback issues so often something shocking would happen and our reactions would be out of sync ("Woah, oh my god! Holy poo poo!" "What? What happ-oh my god!").

Aahaha.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
So what exactly happened with Compu-Toon? When I stopped reading these threads a couple years back it was a near incomprehensible gag-a-day computer strip. I come back and it's now exclusively about bullying and a large dog and computers are occasionally mentioned. Some of the strips aren't even jokes anymore. Did something terrible happen to Boyce while I was away? (Not trying to be a dick, I'm seriously wondering)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

I wish Dr Kapuht had killed that little girl.

Rex Morgan MD

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

If it's any consolation, Rose, I don't like you at all.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

if global warming why warm clothes :shepface:

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Oh, Brother

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

dirksteadfast posted:

So what exactly happened with Compu-Toon? When I stopped reading these threads a couple years back it was a near incomprehensible gag-a-day computer strip. I come back and it's now exclusively about bullying and a large dog and computers are occasionally mentioned. Some of the strips aren't even jokes anymore. Did something terrible happen to Boyce while I was away? (Not trying to be a dick, I'm seriously wondering)

I think maybe Boyce really liked doing the keypad kid stuff and is trying to do more kid-oriented strips now. Maybe? Boyce's thought processes are pretty mysterious, if you ask me.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I am suddenly really interested in this Rex Morgan storyline.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

This is one of those comics that is more humorous within the post apocalyptic scenario.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Making It

Is the joke here that she's in highschool? :stare:

Yep, and thus she is underage. He is now hiding from the law because he has unwittingly hosed somebody's child.

Luann

It's complete bullshit that the Internet voted not to send him up the river.

Apartment 3-G

You guys are wearing the same outfit.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ha! Called it accidentally, but I still called it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I wish there were occasional stripes of the trials where the villains get released because of spidey's lovely evidence and then he gets arrested when the jail announces it has video of him breaking in, assaulting a prisoner and then allowing the prisoner to escape

• Locked thread