Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
SR ADR shows up a lot as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CopywrightMMXI posted:

SR ADR shows up a lot as well.

I actually have two of him from random draws and can't decide if I even want to train him up or just hope I get something better from kotr. Speaking of which I made another cinderella 8 seed run to the finals and got...2 UR Sandow. Another one I don't want to even train up :negative:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I turned on my Kindle this morning, and SuperCard apparently got an update with new modes and cards?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I grind away any ADR's I find out of principle, I hate all his photos :colbert:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

smashpro1 posted:

I turned on my Kindle this morning, and SuperCard apparently got an update with new modes and cards?

Nothing on iOS yet, but there was a message about a Champions Challenge in September. Looks a major update is happening this week,

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Liar Lyre posted:

Nothing on iOS yet, but there was a message about a Champions Challenge in September. Looks a major update is happening this week,

WWE SuperCard posted:

What's New in Version 1.1.0
Added two brand-new game features and a variety of prizes. Climb your way to the top of "The Ladder" or pick sides in real life WWE matchups with the "People's Champion Challenge!"
-New "People's Champion Challenge" Mode: WWE SuperCard will take real life WWE matchups and let you pick a side. Earn wins for your side to increase your rank, win the matchup, and acquire exclusive cards based on your performance!
-"The Ladder": Every game counts towards gaining ground in your climb to get to the top of "The Ladder." The higher you ascend, the more rewards you'll unlock. Track your progress and see how many games left until your next big prize!
-Added WWE Diva Paige cards. NOTE: Only available as prizes in "The Ladder."
-New Ultra Rare Card Pack added in store.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So we can bet on wrestling in a safe environment? I'm all aboard. I also assume this is for Raw and PPVs, because Smackdown spoilers would be cheating.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RIP my ipad battery. A place to get guaranteed diva card rewards is real nice, though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Liar Lyre posted:

So we can bet on wrestling in a safe environment? I'm all aboard. I also assume this is for Raw and PPVs, because Smackdown spoilers would be cheating.

Nah, I think it's like "HBK v UNDERTAKER" and you pick a side and then exhibition wins count for your side and then the winning side gets cards.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
The Ladder sounds like exhibition but with prizes for winning. That would be neat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Paige was added? I'll start playing again!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did they say when the update is going out?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I would play KotR if it weren't for the fact I can't turn off the stupid notifications on my Android. I don't need to be awoken at 4am every night to be told "hints."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jubs posted:

I would play KotR if it weren't for the fact I can't turn off the stupid notifications on my Android. I don't need to be awoken at 4am every night to be told "hints."

Long press on the notification and uncheck the 'Notifications' box on the screen that comes up. This goes for any app.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

alternatively you can go to your Android settings, Apps, and select "turn off notifications" for each individual app

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Cardboard Box posted:

alternatively you can go to your Android settings, Apps, and select "turn off notifications" for each individual app

Where?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Did they say when the update is going out?

It looks like it already has. I CAN NO LONGER HOARD PICKS!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jubs posted:

Where?

erm, which version of android are you on? this is my phone, on a Nexus 4 running the latest version of Android (4.4.4):

notifications tickbox right below the force stop and uninstall buttons

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 15, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah mine looks like Cardboard's (Galaxy S3 running Kitkat). Try the long press method on the notification next time you get one and see if you get a different screen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It clearly has a menu button so maybe hit that because it might do something or it might not!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Android version: 4.0.3 (Ice Cream)

Regardless, every other app has notification settings inside the actual app menu. No excuse why they don't include it for this one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smashpro1 posted:

It looks like it already has. I CAN NO LONGER HOARD PICKS!

None of the new modes are available though :(

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I can still hoard picks on Android.

And I came on to ask how many picks I can hoard: I don't have anything worth leveling, and I'd rather hoard picks to be able to pull up 5 stamina refills on demand for KOTR (and get a set of dupes) than draw normally in the hopes of getting something good ANOTHER loving TOUGHNESS BOOST.

e: Common SRs talk: I also have Pro SR Andre and ADR. (Plus two SR Edges that I haven't leveled yet, but they came from KOTR.) I see a lot of SR Big Shows, but for some reason not a lot of Pro SR Big Shows.

Sono fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 15, 2014

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I hope they don't take away pick hoarding. It actually makes the brackets of KOTR manageable.

Also: I'm now curious if I can make it all the way to Legendary without drawing a single Diva card higher than Rare. (I'm at Epic+ right now, and that'll get a boost once I finish training the pair of Epic ADRs I just got.)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Sono posted:

I see a lot of SR Big Shows, but for some reason not a lot of Pro SR Big Shows.

I have one, but swapped him for a UR Pro Batista..

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jubs posted:

Android version: 4.0.3 (Ice Cream)

Regardless, every other app has notification settings inside the actual app menu. No excuse why they don't include it for this one.

yeah I think disabling notifications from the android settings screen was introduced in 4.1 (jelly bean) :(

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Fun thing I learned today; in Exhibition mode, if you end up with a 3-3 tie, you still get two picks.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE 2k15 Achievement and Trophies have "leaked" and there are 3 NXT themed ones and apparently a NXT mode? Pictures show at least Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn in game models. So good job just letting that info sit there 2K.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Nah, they confirmed NXT being in ages ago. It's part of the career mode, where you start out in NXT and work your way up. They didn't confirm any particular people at the time, but given that Neville, Zayn and Paige's movesets were added in last year as DLC, and there was an NXT arena skin and belts, it was always pretty much a given that NXT would have some kind of presence in this year.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pretty sure 2K's view of this game is "gently caress it, it'll sell anyway."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So if the last-gen 2k15 versions don't have the career modes what's the default "campaign"? Is it another classic match marathon?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah, both versions have a marathon of classic matches. This one is based on all the major matches in the Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels feud from 2002-2004 and the John Cena vs. CM Punk feud between 2011-2013.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah, both versions have a marathon of classic matches. This one is based on all the major matches in the Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels feud from 2002-2004 and the John Cena vs. CM Punk feud between 2011-2013.

Well, most certainly the HHH vs HBK mode, the Punk vs. Cena is a little up in the air because Punk is suing WWE due to royalties, and his removal from the game may be on the cards.

Otherwise they say more rivalries will be added by DLC, I believe.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the game comes out in like a month. I doubt they will completely remove him from the game, especially considering he's half of the story mode.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

john cena v. stevie richards

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Punk is removed, new campaign is the rivalry of Cena vs the WWE Universe.

:v:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okay I'm addicted to Supercard now after one day of playing and have a bunch of questions about Supercard because this poo poo is surprisingly hard to google:

1) I'm not shooting myself in the foot by just constantly doing exhibitions and upgrading my cards, am I? My understanding is "no", since the division I'm in appears to be determined by the current strength of my deck, not my number of wins or such.
2) Speaking of the division I'm in - is the filled amount of the bar determined by raw stat totals, or by rarity/level? E.g. Rare Rock is much stronger than Rare Justin Gabriel at the same level, does he also fill up the bar more?
3) Is it a legit strategy to have 4 badasses on my team and then 1 clown who's there to lower the overall deck strength so I can have those 4 badasses without moving up a division? I feel like it might be too risky in KotR, given that there's a good chance that that clown will get random-picked and auto-lose a match.
4) When people talk about "pick hoarding", does that refer to saving up a bunch of picks before a KotR starts, building a deck that's right at the edge of the division's strength, and then spending a shitload of picks to drive your KotR strength past what would normally be allowed?

Thank you goons in advance for bearing with me.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Jonny Angel posted:

Okay I'm addicted to Supercard now after one day of playing and have a bunch of questions about Supercard because this poo poo is surprisingly hard to google:

1) I'm not shooting myself in the foot by just constantly doing exhibitions and upgrading my cards, am I? My understanding is "no", since the division I'm in appears to be determined by the current strength of my deck, not my number of wins or such.
2) Speaking of the division I'm in - is the filled amount of the bar determined by raw stat totals, or by rarity/level? E.g. Rare Rock is much stronger than Rare Justin Gabriel at the same level, does he also fill up the bar more?
3) Is it a legit strategy to have 4 badasses on my team and then 1 clown who's there to lower the overall deck strength so I can have those 4 badasses without moving up a division? I feel like it might be too risky in KotR, given that there's a good chance that that clown will get random-picked and auto-lose a match.
4) When people talk about "pick hoarding", does that refer to saving up a bunch of picks before a KotR starts, building a deck that's right at the edge of the division's strength, and then spending a shitload of picks to drive your KotR strength past what would normally be allowed?

Thank you goons in advance for bearing with me.

1) Play as much as you want, it doesn't affect anything. (yet? seems to be a ladder coming)

2) Raw stats, Rare Rock fills more than Rare Justin Gabriel.

3) You can, it works, but you might get bored doing it. KotR is a bad place to try that unless you're downgrading your bench to stay in Ultra Rare or something.

4) Pick hoarding is more about people saving picks because they don't currently have any cards they want to level and/or they want to save potential Energy picks for during KotR when they have less than 5/5.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Just won my first KotR tonight! Got a pair of UR Rybacks and another SR Briefcase. Not ideal, but very exciting!

Also I'm stoked that Paige is gonna be in the game. My friend is forcing me to watch Total Divas with him and while my Pro SR Cameron wins matches, I loving want to stab her in the face. It would be nice to have a likable Diva who can actually wrestle instead of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Came in second in KOTR and got a pair of SR Yokozuna. Which I would be fine with if he had blue triangles. Maybe I should start trying to level up both a blue and yellow deck, just for variety. So I can stop looking at the stupid Miz.