Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Even the PV itself is stupid fun.
I'm feeling like any worries about this series are gonna be unwarranted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I'm sure this will live up to the unexpected greatness that was season one, I can't wait for more fun gundam bullshit!

*Knocks on wood so hard that his knuckles leave blood stains on desk*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please don't turn Fumina into a cheerleader/love interest/"She's important because she holds the team together like a Captain Mom" character, Sunrise.

Please.

It's all I ask.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

Please don't turn Fumina into a cheerleader/love interest/"She's important because she holds the team together like a Captain Mom" character, Sunrise.

Please.

It's all I ask.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

chumbler posted:

Please.

It's all I ask.

They will somehow find a way to have her metaphorically die.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The GIG posted:

They will somehow find a way to have her metaphorically die.

Winning Gundam leaps in front of Burning Gundam to take a beam saber for it. Everyone stands around sobbing sadly as Winning Gundam explodes. Nobody even looks at Fumina, nor acknowledges she exists, as Burning Gundam gets a rage powerup over the destruction.

Afterwards she looks adoringly at Sekai and goes "Sekai-kun" and Yuuma quietly thinks to himself that she is just like his older sister and how proud he is that a girl could find her true place in Gunpla battle.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The PV mentions that people have vices so I can only assume China's bother has a drug problem and has been doping his plastic with metal.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Ethiser posted:

The PV mentions that people have vices so I can only assume China's bother has a drug problem and has been doping his plastic with metal.

Do we know for sure that Yuuma is Chiina's younger brother?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pyronic posted:

His last name's Kousaka, China was buying him a model in the first season, and China is writing him a letter in the preview from the Build Fighters Blu-Ray.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethiser posted:

I can quit buying HG and System Weapon kits any time I want, so shut up! :shepspends:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pyronic posted:

TARDISman posted:

His last name's Kousaka, China was buying him a model in the first season, and China is writing him a letter in the preview from the Build Fighters Blu-Ray.

And it outright states it in his character description.

-e-
VVV

http://gundam-bf.net/characters/02/ posted:

China Kousaka's younger brother
Nothing ambiguous about it.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 23, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
So it's likely, but the jury's still out.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So Winning Gundam looks like it has a flyer mode. Can't tell if it's supposed to be akin to Zeta or Wing but it looks fun. I can't wait to build them.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ethiser posted:

I am all ready for the Build Fighters version of "Demon in a Bottle".

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Chiina's brother has a terrible addiction to huffing model grade glue.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

OneDeadman posted:

Chiina's brother has a terrible addiction to huffing model grade glue.

This is hitting way too close to home...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yuuma why are you buying glue, Gunpla(tm) by Bandai(c) requires no glue or paint to construct!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

muike posted:

Yuuma why are you buying glue, Gunpla(tm) by Bandai(c) requires no glue or paint to construct!

I learned it by watching Sei-ku~n! (Season 1 boxset out now!)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

muike posted:

HGUC Rebawoo says hi. :smug:

Besides, Build Fighters has clearly demonstrated that Gunpla strength has gently caress-all to do with the suit's canonical power and is based on build quality alone.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

TaurusOxford posted:

HGUC Rebawoo says hi. :smug:

Besides, Build Fighters has clearly demonstrated that Gunpla strength has gently caress-all to do with the suit's canonical power and is based on build quality alone.

Umm, I think you mean build quality and *~imagination~*.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

Umm, I think you mean build quality and *~imagination~*.

Wow, I finally got the joke behind the first ending theme, Imagination>Reality. :doh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

PV looked pretty awesome. I guess this'll be cool afterall.

I liked the small touch of the new company logo on the GP Bases. :v:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

muike posted:

According to this Gundam magazine I got back when Wing was making Gundam popular outside of Japan for a couple weeks, (around the same time Target had a dedicated section of anime in the DVD area...) if you use glue, let it dry, then sand those seams just disappear!

Also so want that armored GM when it's a kit. Just with an entirely different color scheme. It sure would look nifty in a Macross GBP Armor deco. ( aka the Crusader to you Battletech nerds.)

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Some new info, courtesy of here and /m/ for cleaning up Google's translation:

/m/ posted:

>They know Build Knuckle was used often in s1, so they will think of new ways to end matches.

>They tried asking Nagasaki to come back, but he had already moved on to another show.

>Scriptwriter Kuroda is busy thinking up a wide variety of new characters.

>The name "Burning Gundam" was director Watada's idea. He had no idea it was also God Gundam's name in the west.

>They're trying to explore more of the Gunpla side. Those who love building, those who love battling, those who love the 'military' aspect.

>Fans of SD Gundam should look forward to episode 4.

>Since there wasn't much pressure on the first season to succeed, the staff had a lot of freedom to do what they wanted.

>They greenlit the sequel towards the end of last year. The good reception of episodes 15 and 18 really helped.

>They were given permission to use G-Reco units, but it's difficult to implement. So they'll likely end up as models in the background.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Darn, I was hoping Burning Gundam was an intentional homage. So when does this thing start airing?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
For those who can't remember, episode 15 was Fellini vs Build Team and episode 18 was Yuuki 'Meijin' Tatsuya vs the Renato Bros.

No surprise those were the episodes with great reception.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrifeHira posted:

Some new info, courtesy of here and /m/ for cleaning up Google's translation:

quote:

They were given permission to use G-Reco units, but it's difficult to implement. So they'll likely end up as models in the background.

Oh poo poo, Tomino's gonna be piiiiisssed :suspense:. I'll be very happy if we get more fights on the level of SBS vs. Fenice and the GM K9 vs the Kampfer Amazing too. The Bloodhounds fight was my favourite in the series.

quote:

>They know Build Knuckle was used often in s1, so they will think of new ways to end matches.

At least they acknowledge it and are working on fixing this. I think the SBS's booster weapons got used of all maybe... once for the Fenice fight?

quote:

Since there wasn't much pressure on the first season to succeed, the staff had a lot of freedom to do what they wanted.

Most of us called this, I think. The problem is though, now there probably is pressure on them to succeed. Especially if they had to fight to get it greenlit.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Glad the same script writer is back,.good sign the show will continue to be good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quote:

>Since there wasn't much pressure on the first season to succeed, the staff had a lot of freedom to do what they wanted.
This worries me. Rather, the implication that it's no longer the case.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

This worries me. Rather, the implication that it's no longer the case.

The change in Director's a minor worry as well. So far Shinya Watada has only directed individual episodes on other things, never a whole series.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm super excited, then again I'm an optimist. Absolute pipe dream, but I hope the G-Reco stuff will be used with some cranky old man showing up and soloing the entire team with the G-Self. No explanation, no buildup.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

I'm super excited, then again I'm an optimist. Absolute pipe dream, but I hope the G-Reco stuff will be used with some cranky old man showing up and soloing the entire team with the G-Self. No explanation, no buildup.

Oh I'm fully looking forward to it as well, they're just things to keep in mind and hope for the best :munch:. And the G-Self cameo consists of a crazy old hobo waving it about at a public event, demanding people pay attention to it while they're all playing with their SEED, Wing and 00 Gunpla :corsair:.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just finished SBS vs. Maoh in the tournament, still loving this show. It was really surprising to see G-Savior show up, and I'm really pumped to see some of the fights coming up. I also want to say how glad I am they're actually discussing Reiji's existence. It was really confusing me how for the first 10 or so episodes the most we knew about him was "I'm from another world".

They do explain his origin eventually...right?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kingtheninja posted:

Just finished SBS vs. Maoh in the tournament, still loving this show. It was really surprising to see G-Savior show up, and I'm really pumped to see some of the fights coming up. I also want to say how glad I am they're actually discussing Reiji's existence. It was really confusing me how for the first 10 or so episodes the most we knew about him was "I'm from another world".

He's from another world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

He told you his origin.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kingtheninja posted:

I don't see how those crayon drawings could have been made any clearer.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope there's a quick gag where the main casts from both GBF series show their reactions to the first episode of Greco. Sei and Fellini look mildly disgusted while Kamiki loved every minute.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Level Slide posted:

I hope there's a quick gag where the main casts from both GBF series show their reactions to the first episode of Greco. Sei and Fellini look mildly disgusted while Kamiki loved every minute.

China says she thinks the bunny ears are adorable while Sazaki whines at her about it being impractical and blocking all the cameras.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

mr. stefan posted:

China says she thinks the bunny ears are adorable while Sazaki whines at her about it being impractical and blocking all the cameras.

Not all of them you moron, just the main one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

• Locked thread