Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm having a hard time with cannibis.. I tried my fire wand.. didn't really do much, tried a shurkin didn't really do much.. Maybe I"m expecting myself to beat it too fast.. I'm basically going in.. getting hit, HPing back up.. attacking, getting hit, Hping Back up.. in a cycle.. it's going to take me a few min to beat him.. I'm going back and forth while I work so it's taking awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

It's around late 14 or mid 15 or so, because I just got one. Although I don't know if I'll use it much since now I feel like I have to use deathmarch for everything. It's great for work, I just have to reset it every few minutes and I keep getting gold.

Bouquet / thief / zomble is gold digger with deathmatch :ssh:

tater_salad posted:

I'm having a hard time with cannibis.. I tried my fire wand.. didn't really do much, tried a shurkin didn't really do much.. Maybe I"m expecting myself to beat it too fast.. I'm basically going in.. getting hit, HPing back up.. attacking, getting hit, Hping Back up.. in a cycle.. it's going to take me a few min to beat him.. I'm going back and forth while I work so it's taking awhile.

I beat him with stick / fantastic / slime. Hp recover 5 and 2 helped me heal back to full hp quickly so I just slowly got him down. I used a full heal item but that was a bad idea, I still don't have a replacement one.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 15, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
MinuteQuest opens my keyboard every time I re-open it. Just started a couple hours ago. This happening to anyone else?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

New Leaf posted:

MinuteQuest opens my keyboard every time I re-open it. Just started a couple hours ago. This happening to anyone else?

Yes, same thing happens to me. No idea why.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Shwqa posted:

Bouquet / thief / zomble is gold digger with deathmatch :ssh:

So is popsicle / ribbon / zomble, which is what I've been using. But I'll try that other combo, because with the seemingly arbitrary mechanics by which damage output is calculated, it may well be better.

Edit: yep it is better by about 1,000 damage. The damage numbers make no sense.

I've also seen it opening my keyboard at random for some reason, but I don't know why. The other game, devilworks, did that a few times as well. I don't know if that one caught on with anyone else, but I'm still trying to figure it out. I think after having a few monsters die on me, I'm starting to understand a bit. Food fills their food bar, but cake fills food and hp. But cake also ups their weight, and if they get too fat they may just die at random. Dropping a toilet on their floor reduces their weight over time. So you can stuff them with cake and stock a bunch of toilets, or just use regular food and let their hp regen over time and use some of the other floor item buffs instead.

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 15, 2014

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

You guys should probably open your own thread.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Its really not enough to warrant its own thread

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

If it's anything like what happened in the Punchsport Pagoda thread with Supercard it would just end up being the same things repeated every two pages.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

This thread is better when it isn't filled with pages and pages of posts about the latest freemium game, discussion of which will burn out in a week or two because almost none of them are actually good.

This game has its own subreddit, surely the bar for that is higher than for a new thread.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I don't think comparison to subreddits is a good standard for... anything really. There's probably subreddits about eating dirt through a straw. That place is weird and creepy, and I don't know if they have any rules about creating new subreddits except maybe when the law steps in and tells them to kindly stop doing illegal things.

Also this discussion comes up every time there's a new mildly popular game, and the answer is pretty much always the same. If it's a big enough deal, someone will make a thread without needing to be whined at to do it. If it's not, then it will burn out in a week or two. If discussion of android games in the android games thread bothers you that much, well, sorry. Just grit your teeth and scroll on past, soldier. I know you can handle it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There's an /r/thingsforants subreddit so your argument is invalid.

Let's make individual threads for each android game every time 3 goons play it.

Edit: an not a

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

tater_salad posted:

There's an /r/thingsforants subreddit so your argument is invalid.

Let's make individual threads for each android game every time 3 goons play it.

Edit: an not a

If conversation takes over a thread, it gets its own thread. If conversation takes over a forum, it gets a subforum. Why are we even talking about reddit? :psyduck:

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I think when we're at the point where literally every post in this thread all day, except two, were either about the game or about posting about the game it may have earned its own thread.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Guys stop posting about Android games in the android gaming thread! :argh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wow people got really scarred back when creating a new thread for something was a bannable offense when you could just use the megathread

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Klades posted:

I think when we're at the point where literally every post in this thread all day, except two, were either about the game or about posting about the game it may have earned its own thread.

This is a good point, I'll come up with an OP.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Anyway, if the Nimblebit devs are still around, any chance you might find a spot to add a 'fill all my hotel rooms' button somewhere in tiny tower vegas? I've got like 10 or 12 hotel rooms by now and refilling them every few hours is getting to be a lot of tapping. Tap to check everyone out, tap again to open the room, tap once on all three spots to fill the room. Scroll down, repeat. Maybe split the functionality of the bellhop button in the lobby with a way to do this automatically? Maybe if you even gave a tiny discount in the bux cost to do it you might encourage people to use the button, spend their bux, and buy more bux. I don't know how hooking people into IAPs works, so maybe I'm dreaming on that point.

Also I can't visit either of your towers since it keeps telling me you're on 1.1. Is that a planned update coming soon, or does that just mean you're on some dev version that will come out whenever you feel like you've got enough of a reason to update?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Go Hog Wild MinuteQuesters.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

BobTheJanitor posted:

Anyway, if the Nimblebit devs are still around, any chance you might find a spot to add a 'fill all my hotel rooms' button somewhere in tiny tower vegas? I've got like 10 or 12 hotel rooms by now and refilling them every few hours is getting to be a lot of tapping. Tap to check everyone out, tap again to open the room, tap once on all three spots to fill the room. Scroll down, repeat. Maybe split the functionality of the bellhop button in the lobby with a way to do this automatically? Maybe if you even gave a tiny discount in the bux cost to do it you might encourage people to use the button, spend their bux, and buy more bux. I don't know how hooking people into IAPs works, so maybe I'm dreaming on that point.

Also I can't visit either of your towers since it keeps telling me you're on 1.1. Is that a planned update coming soon, or does that just mean you're on some dev version that will come out whenever you feel like you've got enough of a reason to update?

I went back and forth with just making Quick Stocking also fill the hotel floors. It would be the simplest solution but also cuts down on remaining gameplay afterwards.

1.1 is a awaiting review at Apple and should be out "soon".

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

vulturesrow posted:

Guys stop posting about Android games in the android gaming thread! :argh:
Can we change it to be a thread about new android game, recommandation, opinion, updates,etc. and not about how to play a certain game in length, detail report of your game progress, newly discovered game mechanic, and how to number/damage crunch to beat a stage for a certain game?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 16, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Nyaa posted:

Can we change it to be a thread about new android game, recommandation, opinion, updates,etc. and not about how to play a certain game in length, detail report of your game progress, newly discovered game mechanic, and how to number/damage crunch to beat a stage for a certain game?

Nope

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Fair warning to Minute Quest folks- when you've put the game down for a bit to recover health, there's a second after turning your phone back on before the game registers you're back to full health. I came back after getting beat down to double digits and jumped back into the fight before my health bar jumped back up, and the enemy immediately downed me. Kind of irritating.

Edit: On a different note- Tiny Tower Vegas.. I'm pretty sure my Patty's Slots hasn't always had these flashing lights around them. What's the deal? Or have I just been blind this whole time.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 16, 2014

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

If conversation takes over a thread, it gets its own thread. If conversation takes over a forum, it gets a subforum. Why are we even talking about reddit? :psyduck:

Yeah, somebody should start a new thread for thatcomplaining about reddit

Dongsturm fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 16, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dongsturm posted:

Yeah, somebody should start a new thread for that.

Yeah but in most cases by the time its gets to that point it has peaked and cannot support its own thread.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

eeenmachine posted:

I went back and forth with just making Quick Stocking also fill the hotel floors. It would be the simplest solution but also cuts down on remaining gameplay afterwards.

1.1 is a awaiting review at Apple and should be out "soon".

See I wouldn't really want it to be rolled into the quick stock button entirely, because I don't use that one much. Like you say, it pretty much removes the gameplay entirely at that point. What's tiny tower if you're not scrolling through and restocking floors every hour or two?

But while that seems like the right amount of tapping, the hotel floors all come due at the same time and all need a series of repeated taps to refill. It's just enough to move the activity out of that mindless delayed gratification feeling that the game normally thrives on, and into feeling slightly over the line of being a chore.

Yes, I am overthinking a silly mobile game. Anyway, maybe if each hotel floor had its own 'fill' button that just did all three slots at once? Just a little less tapping might make things nicer.

New Leaf posted:

Edit: On a different note- Tiny Tower Vegas.. I'm pretty sure my Patty's Slots hasn't always had these flashing lights around them. What's the deal? Or have I just been blind this whole time.

That means it's the player's club game. Go to the menu and tap the player's club button to see what that's about.

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 16, 2014

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I know this probably isn't the right platform for it, but is there any game to be recommended when it comes to story or depth? One that isn't a port from some other system?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

evilmiera posted:

I know this probably isn't the right platform for it, but is there any game to be recommended when it comes to story or depth? One that isn't a port from some other system?

There are a few games like that on this platform. Layton Brothers Mystery Room is one I recommend.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

evilmiera posted:

Sorcery! and Sorcery! 2

I think the first might still be available in a humble bundle. Good games.

Someone recommended Lone Wolf Saga a while ago. It crashes very early on my SGS3 sadly.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

the littlest prince posted:

Sorcery! and Sorcery! 2

I think the first might still be available in a humble bundle. Good games.

Someone recommended Lone Wolf Saga a while ago. It crashes very early on my SGS3 sadly.

Don't they technically count as a port from books though :v:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

ponzicar posted:

There are a few games like that on this platform. Layton Brothers Mystery Room is one I recommend.

Yup, I'll second this. Each case is about 30-45 minutes long, perfect for train commutes. The first two are free, and then split up into two batches that cost about 5 dollars overall. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
According to Coffee Stain Studios' Twitter, an Android port of Goat Simulator will be out this Thursday.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It barely works on high powered gaming PCs, it's going to be so broken on Android it's not even funny.

Ok, it'll actually be really loving funny. I can't wait.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

evilmiera posted:

Kind of along this theme, I'd also like more point and click style adventure games.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It barely works on high powered gaming PCs, it's going to be so broken on Android it's not even funny.

Ok, it'll actually be really loving funny. I can't wait.

Well here it is running on an iOS device. Looks like they really had to tone the graphics down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2SpOB76Pes

The mobile take on the Michael Bay achievement is disappointing to say the least.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

According to Coffee Stain Studios' Twitter, an Android port of Goat Simulator will be out this Thursday.

They lied. It's out now, and costs $4.99.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone looking for a new turn-based tactical strategy game, there's a new one out called AntiSquad Tactics which seems pretty decent. The game is available as a free to play version with IAPs, and a premium version that it'll cost you $5 but is absent any IAPs and with in-game prices revised down.

Schizoguy
Mar 1, 2002

I have so many things on my social calendar these days, it is difficult to know which you are making reference to, in particular.
Does anyone play Choose to Survive anymore? I think that, when you unlock a character, you should be able to play as that character.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
No idea if this has been posted before, but roguelike/dungeon crawl Down in the Deep is available on Google Play for bux.

Interface is a graphical tileset, combat and movement is real-time and it has an overworld similar to TOME and ADOM. It's definitely a work in progress but the dev seems to take feedback seriously judging from the comments.

Any goon care to give it a try and tell us if it's crap?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone play goat sim yet?
Any clue how it would run on a note 2?
Next person to talk about it should probably make a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Schizoguy posted:

Does anyone play Choose to Survive anymore? I think that, when you unlock a character, you should be able to play as that character.

Oh, I'd be surprised if there are still people in the thread who play it.

Choosing a class to play was actually cut very early in development, because the point of classes is that they are supposed to act differently in the same situation and choose certain actions even if it's not the best thing to do, thus making every playthrough unique. Some characters are revengeful, some characters rely on money and some rely on artifacts, they pick specific skills over others, etc. With the player controlling one of the characters without those restrictions in a regular game mode, class bonuses could become too overpowered. That's why we planned to have some sort of a campaign mode, where enemies would act in defined patterns that the player would need to figure out to beat a scenario.

That said, our initial enthusiasm about the game has somewhat faded away, since it looks like we really overestimated the potential of core game mechanics. Many people reported that replayability disappears very quickly and even with different sets of AI's every game feels too same-ish. And, well, it's hard to argue with this. The campaign mode can make the game more diverse, but it still has very limited play time, so I can't promise we will deliver it any time soon, if at all.

• Locked thread