Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

newreply.php posted:

As a former "manager": the quick fix is to say the customer is right, the salesperson is wrong, give them whatever they want, so you don't have some screaming shitlord drawing the attention of all your other customers.

Well in shit_that_does_happen.txt land anyway.

Sometimes what happens is that you are actually not lying and do not have the product the customer wants, and no, even if you look "in the back", you're not gonna find any. Good customer service: apologize and offer to take an order for the customer so they can have it when it comes in/is made (depending on industry), or suggest something similar. Bad customer service: sick iceburns that would in any decent establishment get you a severe reaming by both your direct manager and probably the store manager, if not fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Sometimes what happens is that you are actually not lying and do not have the product the customer wants, and no, even if you look "in the back", you're not gonna find any. Good customer service: apologize and offer to take an order for the customer so they can have it when it comes in/is made (depending on industry), or suggest something similar. Bad customer service: sick iceburns that would in any decent establishment get you a severe reaming by both your direct manager and probably the store manager, if not fired.

But will it get you married?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tunicate posted:

Also freeing the ghost posts!

This actually happens to me all the time. I travel a lot for my job and I'm not an rear end in a top hat so no one cares if they even notice. But there's ALWAYS some random American/uk/Australian rear end in a top hat who decides to "party it up!" Get wasted and yell on a local loving train and then try to talk to me because HEY MAN YOURE WHITE YOU KNOW HOW IT IS and holy gently caress I don't want to be associated with you.

Then I have to hide in my hoodie and pretend like I don't speak English and curl up and just. gently caress. You.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

But there's ALWAYS some random American/uk/Australian rear end in a top hat who decides to "party it up!"

It's fuckin' nationalism, ya poofta.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

This actually happens to me all the time. I travel a lot for my job and I'm not an rear end in a top hat so no one cares if they even notice. But there's ALWAYS some random American/uk/Australian rear end in a top hat who decides to "party it up!" Get wasted and yell on a local loving train and then try to talk to me because HEY MAN YOURE WHITE YOU KNOW HOW IT IS and holy gently caress I don't want to be associated with you.

Then I have to hide in my hoodie and pretend like I don't speak English and curl up and just. gently caress. You.

How dare you imply that only those nationalities are white.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

bringmyfishback posted:

How dare you imply that only those nationalities are white.

I think you should change your statement to "How dare you imply that only those nationalities are drunk assholes"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Samizdata posted:

Huh. I asked him and all he could talk about was how cute the girl was...

Gisnep_that_didnt_happen

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

newreply.php posted:

As a former "manager": the quick fix is to say the customer is right, the salesperson is wrong, give them whatever they want, so you don't have some screaming shitlord drawing the attention of all your other customers.

Well in shit_that_does_happen.txt land anyway.

Everyone hates the manager that does that. Because inevitably those customers will want the same special treatment every single time, and it will mean calling a manager every single time and make the employee who refuses them look like a shithead every single time. One of my few joys working retail was watching the 'friendly, easygoing manager' get chewed out by a more senior manager for violating store policy rather than sticking up for their employees.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Minarchist posted:

Why is it always $100 in these dumb stories?

This story is the patient zero of $100 stories.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Yeah man, this cop totally tazed me on accident when I was a vigilante hero, and to apologize gave me a cake with a picture of a cop tasing another cop.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minarchist posted:

Why is it always $100 in these dumb stories?

The Winfred Louder department store ran a committee, that costed nearly $450,000 and they decided that's what poor people think a lot of money is.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

quote:

Makes You Just Want To Die
DEBATE CLUB, SCHOOL | POUGKHEEPSIE, NY, USA | EXTRA STUPID, STUDENTS
(It is in high school debate club. One idiotic and ditzy girl has shown up, to the surprise of all of us.)

Teacher: “So, [Girl] why did you show up today?”

Girl: “Well, I had detention, and I told the teacher I had to meet with you so I could get out of it.”

Teacher: “Really? You shouldn’t do that.”

(A little while later, our meeting wraps up.)

Teacher: “So our topic next week will be euthanasia.”

Girl: “Wait? So we’re debating whether they should let kids into Asia?”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'A girl makes a joke, lol. What an idiot.'

I think this one has actually happened, but the author is dumb as a bag of hammers.

canyoneer posted:

Yeah man, this cop totally tazed me on accident when I was a vigilante hero, and to apologize gave me a cake with a picture of a cop tasing another cop.

The thing is this cop is their dad.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Sep 18, 2014

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Paladinus posted:

The thing is this cop is their dad.

Is the taser the authors mother? Was the shock a horrific flashback to his inception?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

canyoneer posted:

I got pepper sprayed by a cop once when I tried to check on some dude who got knocked out and hit his head on a planter on the way down. Cops busted through the crowd and sprayed the lot of us. The few of us trying to render aid, the unconscious guy, the onlookers, everyone but the guy who knocked the one guy out, as he'd run off. And instead of cake all we got was threats of additional spraying if we didn't back up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Sep 18, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Crime pays, kids.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Cashed out, with the proceeds from my 12 ecstasy sales per day. Made $100! Enough to live on through sophomore year. :smuggo:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

quote:

Oh, random reddit guy, you were doing so well.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
Must have been a loving tiny zippo to only fit 12 pills inside.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
Aren't lighters banned at most schools anyway? Why would you hide contraband in contraband?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Imaduck posted:

Aren't lighters banned at most schools anyway? Why would you hide contraband in contraband?

Cause zippos are cooool, maaaan. Like adults have them. Never mind that Zippos run out all the time and are poo poo for lighting bowls. Anyone in the game would carry a Bic.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Zippos are empty anyway, no need to "hollow them out". :shrug:

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Cause zippos are cooool, maaaan. Like adults have them. Never mind that Zippos run out all the time and are poo poo for lighting bowls. Anyone in the game would carry a Bic.

And they leak all the time, gently caress Zippos.

edit: and loving god that story, like he's trying to be George Jung or something; "product", "crew", "game". gently caress off.

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Sep 18, 2014

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It has 381 points

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I lived in a lovely neighborhood for a little while and the white teenagers loved to try to impress other people by saying they were in a gang.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

KiddieGrinder posted:

Zippos are empty anyway, no need to "hollow them out". :shrug:

And they leak all the time, gently caress Zippos.
Zippos only leak if you overfill them. Or if for some reason the rayon that is normally packed inside is missing, I imagine.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

This is the best short story based on a misunderstanding of a Verve Pipe song I've ever read.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Imaduck posted:

What school did you go to where lighters were banned :psyduck:

At my high school the teachers smoked at break with us.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah... Here you'd borderline get tackled by the SRO if they even smelled smoke on you.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Tracula posted:

Yeah... Here you'd borderline get tackled by the SRO if they even smelled smoke on you.

Same for me. Lighters were a huge no-go.

I briefly ran a ring of candy dealers during my freshman year of high school (age ~13). I'd buy very cheap candy at the Asian market behind the Chevron and then my friends and I would sell it at outrageous markups during passing breaks. We made a few bucks, and I got the stink-eye from a security guard who assumed I was selling fireworks for some reason, but my "crew" ran the "game" until we all got bored and did something else.

edit: and then everyone clapped.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

walrusman posted:

Same for me. Lighters were a huge no-go.

I briefly ran a ring of candy dealers during my freshman year of high school (age ~13). I'd buy very cheap candy at the Asian market behind the Chevron and then my friends and I would sell it at outrageous markups during passing breaks. We made a few bucks, and I got the stink-eye from a security guard who assumed I was selling fireworks for some reason, but my "crew" ran the "game" until we all got bored and did something else.

edit: and then everyone clapped.

But did you marry the security guard after some wacky hijinx where a teacher who hated candy went rogue with a gun and you saved his life?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

The Iron Rose posted:

When was this--1980?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

StealthArcher posted:

But did you marry the security guard after some wacky hijinx where a teacher who hated candy went rogue with a gun and you saved his life?

And now they follow each other on tumblr.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
lol at 3-4 Zippos. That's like, probably BARELY enough E to get you a felony distribution charge. And also lighters are one of the first things they tell you to search if you ever take a well taught training or class about arresting/detaining/searching people caught for dealing and possession. "Inside the cool zippo their cool uncle Dave gave them" is like babbys first stash box, and popular enough that meth heads and crack addicts do it all the time as well. You can fit like, some stamps inside a Zippo if you shove it in real good. Not to mention a Zippo is a retarded place even if you're dealing with lovely cops because it's the absolute definition of a thing that's going to get mysteriously lost while they are booking you and end up in the hands of some cop's brother/wife/mistress/kid.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

jabby posted:

Everyone hates the manager that does that. Because inevitably those customers will want the same special treatment every single time, and it will mean calling a manager every single time and make the employee who refuses them look like a shithead every single time. One of my few joys working retail was watching the 'friendly, easygoing manager' get chewed out by a more senior manager for violating store policy rather than sticking up for their employees.

Everyone except those manager's managers. You know, the people who write his paycheck and let that depend on whether or not the business is running smoothly. Having an idiot who is totally in the wrong screaming at the service desk is bad for business, and much worse than accepting his $150 returned item even though it's against official policy.
But of course the sort of people that write stdh.txt are entitled inexperienced special snowflakes with no degree that are much more than just a retail drone. Except the job you are doing right now is retail drone so just do that and don't make a personal crusade out of everything.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Plus a happy rear end in a top hat leaves faster than an angry one. Make the rear end in a top hat customer happy and they'll be on their way.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

When was this--1980?

30 years off, but not bad!

Seriously in TYOOL 2012 I would bum smokes off of my guidance counselor. Though in fairness, I was legal at the time, because Canada.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Some elementary school kids here in norway made huge bank reselling cheap packets of noodles to other kids a while back and they made such an absurd amount of money that the school and parents had to forcefully shut it down, calling it a racket.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Tracula posted:

And for those of you not living in a police state, SRO isn't some kind of faculty position - it's School Resource Officer or something like that which is a literal on-duty and typically armed police officer whose entire job is to be stationed at a school all day long and intimidate/arrest kids for any wrongdoing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

a happy rear end in a top hat leaves faster than an angry one.
This is a better and truer customer service slogan than "the customer is always right".

• Locked thread