Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

PoshAlligator posted:

Is there any news or precedent for the preorder Hyrule Warriors skins eventually becoming DLC?

It's technically still a Dynasty Warriors game and they will not pass up a chance to accept money for costumes.

Which is good, because I want the Ocarina of Time skins, but I'm not going to a Gamestop for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kaubocks posted:

I refuse to download any patches for Hyrule Warriors if this is on disc. :argh:

They (Nintendo) really need to know that the presence of this glitch upped my potential buy rate a few rungs. I was probably not going to get Hyrule Warriors before I saw this. Eh, I probably still won't.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Amppelix posted:

I believe this deserves a crosspost here:

An amazing glitch has been found in Hyrule Warriors

You can swap movesets between characters. Nintendo, if there ever was a glitch that you shouldn't patch, this is loving it :allears:.

Hyrule Warriors: JoJo poses DLC.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Amppelix posted:

An amazing glitch has been found in Hyrule Warriors

I'd do anything for a highrez pic of blue haired girl and Zelda doing that face it's avatar material.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADcU5Qs5VwPmA
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADYU2yaQgJ93A

High-res enough?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Kly posted:

I think the worst he could do is delete his saves (which he knows not to do now after a night of tears when he deleted his mario save in "bowser land")

Ah I remember this lesson. Messing about Mario land 2 for the gameboy, when you're on the file select screen, choosing delete will turn you into a bomb. You then go down the pipe and it blows up. I thought this was hilarious so I did it for about 10 minutes.

...and then had to start over. :(

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

For anyone who's ordered a Wii U refurbished from Nintendo, how long did it take to process/arrive from when you ordered it, and is paying for overnight shipping worth it if I'd like it this week?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Mine took like 5 days to process but I ordered it Labor Day weekend so that was probably why. After that, maybe a week and it was here?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I ordered mine last night, loving pumped!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

always be closing posted:

I ordered mine last night, loving pumped!

You loving should be bro

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Mr E posted:

For anyone who's ordered a Wii U refurbished from Nintendo, how long did it take to process/arrive from when you ordered it, and is paying for overnight shipping worth it if I'd like it this week?

As far as I can tell, it's difficult to tell. I've said this a couple times, but my refurb Wii U took 2 days before it shipped. The Wiimotes I ordered a week later and said they were in stock, took 3 weeks to ship.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

You loving should be bro

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr E posted:

It varies. I paid for overnight shipping and got it in just under 24 hours. I have a friend who did the same and it took several days. Worst case scenario if you want it fast pay for it and ask them to refund you the extra shipping in the event that it takes much longer than expected, they probably will if you are nice about it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

13/f/cali posted:

It varies. I paid for overnight shipping and got it in just under 24 hours. I have a friend who did the same and it took several days. Worst case scenario if you want it fast pay for it and ask them to refund you the extra shipping in the event that it takes much longer than expected, they probably will if you are nice about it.

Alright, thanks for this and the other replies, if it's here by the end of the week I won't worry about refunding the extra I'll pay for overnight. It's still going to be cheaper than in store either way even if I do get a game.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mr E posted:

I ordered mine Saturday 2 day shipping, and it looks like it will be here Wednesday.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Playing through Mega Man X again because I missed the hadoken my first time around, and it really is such an awesome game.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Refurbished Wii U took a little under a week for two day shipping. Took them ages to process the order - if you have any questions call up Nintendo directly.

They confirmed that the order was on its way and would arrive a day later... even though the website still said the order was processing.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Since there's no more official extended Gamepad batteries on Nintendo's website, what's a good one? I've seen some knock offs online but I'm not sure. Would the Japanese battery work on a US Gamepad? Because Play Asia has the Japanese one.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Would the Japanese battery work on a US Gamepad? Because Play Asia has the Japanese one.
Yeah the Japanese one from Play Asia works on US gamepads and it comes with a tiny screw driver too. The extra battery life is really, really nice.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

deafmute posted:

Yeah the Japanese one from Play Asia works on US gamepads and it comes with a tiny screw driver too. The extra battery life is really, really nice.

I get about 6-7 hours with it. It is well worth it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
What are we looking at for shipping costs to the east coast?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just checked, and it seems like it's $14ish for shipping. So the total would be around $45. Not cheap, but at least you know the Nintendo one is gonna work properly I guess!

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I just checked, and it seems like it's $14ish for shipping. So the total would be around $45. Not cheap, but at least you know the Nintendo one is gonna work properly I guess!
If you need a pro controller you can order a Japanese one at the same time to help offset the shipping with additional savings :mario:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

deafmute posted:

If you need a pro controller you can order a Japanese one at the same time to help offset the shipping with additional savings :mario:

Can confirm that the Japanese Pro Controllers work just fine with an American Wii U...that said, god help you if you get a defective one. Took 7 weeks and $22 of return shipping to get mine replaced.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wonderful 101 soundtracks 1 & 2 are now on iTunes now. $10 each, and over 60 song titles for each volume if anyone is interested.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Anime Device posted:

Wonderful 101 soundtracks 1 & 2 are now on iTunes now. $10 each, and over 60 song titles for each volume if anyone is interested.

Yessssssss, thanks for this. I've been waiting for the soundtrack to become available. :dance:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kly posted:

Oh, i get it now. Honestly im not really sure what he could do with it that id need to worry about that. I have the parental lock on drat near everything. I think the worst he could do is delete his saves (which he knows not to do now after a night of tears when he deleted his mario save in "bowser land") and maybe watch a youtube video with some foul language that got past the safe search.

edit; Miiverse also seems like a pretty cool mostly safe kind of Junior internet thing i think he could probably play around with when hes a bit older.

I am curious, At what age did your kid play his first game? What games does he currently play?

Also, I don;t think you have to die to get the Hadoken but it is the most reliable way. I think it's also counted if you use the cliff side and climb all the way up and down a couple of times.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So Eurogamer's Digital Foundry got their hands on B2 and it's not looking too good FPS-wise :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8btNuuCY90

Sure, even the Xbox version of the first game had FPS problems during some parts but definitely not for prolonged periods like those in the video.

Hopefully they will look at optimizing it further after launch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm not really seeing a problem there. It looks like it hardly ever went below 40 and never dipped below 30

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

greatn posted:

I'm not really seeing a problem there. It looks like it hardly ever went below 40 and never dipped below 30

Dipping below 50 at all is already a problem in and of itself.

That said it's kind of hard to judge whether or not the game will have framerate issues from less than five minutes of footage.

e: vvvv Plenty of people care. Having the game play at a consistent 60 FPS in a high-octane action game like Bayonetta is actually really important.

Judging it by a youtube video is completely impossible though because youtube only plays videos back at 30 FPS.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 16, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Really? Who cares? Here's how to make that video more palletable. Put your thumb over the upper left corner. There, frame rate problem fixed.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

greatn posted:

Really? Who cares? Here's how to make that video more palletable. Put your thumb over the upper left corner. There, frame rate problem fixed.

Judging by the reception of the PS3 port of the first game which suffered from similar FPS issues, plenty of people do, in fact, care.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

greatn posted:

Well, to be fair, Youtube only does 30 FPS so that video is a flawed example. I'm sure the actual Digital Foundry article has a 60 FPS version where you can actually see how it looks when played on the console.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I'd say its also hard to judge because the video (or at least I think) can't really show the slowdown on anything above 30 FPS, so hard to say how it'll actually look and feel when playing it proper. I mean, I've played the demos and didn't really find anything off, but those could have been optimised for the sake of showing off, with the game proper getting less refinement.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

greatn posted:

60 FPS is really loving important in a game like that. If you don't immediately see the difference when playing you are blind.

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Things like this make it awkward to have the One True Combo, PC + Wii U. The difference in power is most obvious, and I'm addicted to solid 60 now.

But MK8 split screen is fun enough to suffer 30fps, so I'm sure Bayonetta will be worth it too.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't even notice that four player MK8 is 30 fps. I think as long as the frame rate is steady things are okay.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Judging by the reception of the PS3 port of the first game which suffered from similar FPS issues, plenty of people do, in fact, care.

The PS3 port of the first one was capped to 30 and regularly went under 10, alongside the horrendous loading issues (i.e., 5 seconds of "please wait" when you picked up a lollipop). An install was patched in that fixed the load times, but not the frame-rate. This is nowhere near as bad in comparison.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Finally got my review of Teslagrad up here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXstExcTuwo (05:01)
tl;dr this game is easily in my top 5 favourite indie games, as far as the port goes - the map is handy, and there are frame drops but almost exclusively when you're entering a room from a safe area. The game twitched when I put it on the gamepad, but it was hurting my head so much I switched out quickly and in retrospect the area I was playing in may have been prone to lag anyway.

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't even notice that four player MK8 is 30 fps. I think as long as the frame rate is steady things are okay.

For a game like Mario Kart isn't such an issue, you'd probably notice the difference in games like W101 and Bayonetta, or anything really where there is a lot more reaction time-based stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Let's not get into an FPS discernability argument again, goons get insufferable about them regardless of which position is being argued and it comes up all over Games, usually with some PC master race-ism mixed in. That video looks nothing like the PS3 B1 which was a slideshow at times.

• Locked thread