Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some Petit Computer 3 info: the developers plan to release the game this fall in Japan, with an international release planned for 2015 under the name "SmileBASIC". The site reiterates a lot of the new features: online file sharing, gyro/mic/Circle Pad Pro support, changes to the editor, being able to edit/flip between different games simultaneously, etc:

http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm3/

It'll be at TGS again next year, so expect more info soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Level Slide posted:

I looked at a few videos of Teslagrad, and it certainly looks gorgeous. Is its handling also gorgeous?

I think Teslagrad is great but the gameplay can be frustrating. The controls are awkward and floaty and a number of design decisions make the game needlessly tedious at times. Teslagrad is carried by it's excellent sense of art direction.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 18):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hyrule Warriors (September 19) - €49.99 / £39.99
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €39.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - €39.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Turbo: Super Stunt Squad - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Ben 10 Omniverse - €29.99 / £24.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP
    Kickbeat Special Edition - €9.99 / £8.99
    Chimpuzzle Pro - €1.99 / £1.79
    Darts Up! - €2.49 / £2.29
    Mon Premier Karaoke - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Life Force (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own any Zelda game for Wii U/3DS eShop, get Hyrule Warriors for 10% off! - from September 19-26
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £4.99 if you own the 3DS version, runs until September 25
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 18
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 18
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 from September 18-October 2
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 from September 18-October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 from September 18-October 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (September 19) - €39.99 / £29.99
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €24.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Project X Zone - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Madagascar 3 & The Croods: Double Pack - €19.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP
    The Keep - €9.99 / £8.99
    Glory of Generals - €9.99 / £7.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong: Original Edition (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €21.00 / £17.50 until September 17
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.49 / £9.99 until September 17
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 18
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 18
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 18
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 24
    Beyblade Evolution (3DS) - €9.99 / £9.99 until September 25
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 until September 25
    Girl's Fashion Shoot (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.99 until September 25
    Hakouki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 until September 25
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until September 25
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €14.99 / £14.99 until September 25]
    Shifting World (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 until September 25
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 until September 25
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - €34.99 / £30.99 from September 18-25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £11.99 from September 18-October 2
    Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €4.49 / £4.04 from September 18-October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €13.49 / £11.24 from September 18-October 2
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from September 18-October 2

Donkey Kong Original Edition is a hacked version of the NES game that adds in some of the content that was missing from the arcade game; Nintendo's given it away as part of a few different promotions, but I think this is the first time they've made it available for general purchase.

Did anyone in NA end up buying The Keep last week? I heard it was actually pretty good.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

.TakaM posted:

Has anyone made some progress into Teslagrad? I see it has some presentation problems but it really seems like my kinda game. I'm interested in hearing about the gameplay, I played the PC demo a while ago and it felt a bit loose and floaty- it looks like they tightened it up a bit since then but I can't really tell from videos
I made it past the 2nd boss last night. It's a pretty good game, not brilliant though. I do love the art style in it, as people have mentioned the controls are a little floaty though. I don't think I've really come across any really precise platforming sections though, so it hasn't really affected the game much. Although I suppose there were a few parts made more difficult by it. The mechanics are great so far, I like the use of the power-ups. Overall I think it's definitely worth checking out, despite the few problems with it.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If I don't already own Ducktales Remastered, I'm basically crazy if I don't get it while it's on sale, right?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Did anyone in NA end up buying The Keep last week? I heard it was actually pretty good.

It looks interesting, but I'm still waiting to here some goon opinions.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

UK people can get Hyrule Warriors for £32 digitally from Game if you're that way inclined, I think it'll still count as £40 for digital deluxe purposes.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

irlZaphod posted:

If I don't already own Ducktales Remastered, I'm basically crazy if I don't get it while it's on sale, right?

It's a solid remake of a great classic, but the forced story sequences make it a bit annoying to play through; watch a Youtube of the Jungle level to see what I mean. Also it was on sale on Steam for ~4€ during the summer sale (that's when I got it) so if you have a PC you might as well wait, unless you're dying to play it.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I bought this on PC in the last Steam sale and all it did was pushed me back to playing the original in an emulator. It looks pretty but there was too much story in the way of the game for my liking.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The biggest shame is that DuckTales 2 is the better game by far...more of THAT would have been better than an HD remix of the first.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Orange Mage posted:

The biggest shame is that DuckTales 2 is the better game by far...more of THAT would have been better than an HD remix of the first.

Back when they announced Ducktales HD I said that for the price of admission (15€), the game should have included both 1+2, maybe even the GB versions as an extra. I stand by that opinion still, but for 4-6€, just having the first game is ok.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Froist posted:

I bought this on PC in the last Steam sale and all it did was pushed me back to playing the original in an emulator. It looks pretty but there was too much story in the way of the game for my liking.

I loved that they got (what sounds like) the original cast back together to record cut scenes for it, but agreed, there was just way too much talking. I was very happy once I realized you could pause and skip them quickly. I still enjoyed it that way cause the game play itself is still a ton of fun. And I really liked the new last level they made for it. I thought it was a pretty good challenge.

Between it being on sale and having a couple of DDP bucks left over, I got UnEpic for about $5. I don't think the game is as funny as it thinks it is, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Froist posted:

There is a 'quick cinema' option that lets you disable and/or shorten most of the cutscenes (I think the ending and credits were the only ones untouched), but you have to beat the game one time to unlock it (given that you have the PC version, I'm sure there's a way to trick the game to unlock it without beating it). I actually didn't mind the story stuff aside from the little cutscenes that happened every time you picked up a necessary item (like the coins in the Amazon level), but the quick cinema mode made later playthroughs for getting the rest of the achievements a lot more tolerable.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is that 10% off Hyrule Warriors deal just a euro thing?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Just a Euro thing. loving Europe gets all the awesome deals.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

€45 = $58, so that depends on your definition of "awesome deal"

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

10% off their full price digital price still makes it significantly more expensive than my physical pre order.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And more expensive then american versions.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Image & Form just put up a teaser for the new SteamWorld game, and it's definitely not Dig 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPQahcRigg

quote:

So what’s SteamWorld Heist about? In short: space adventures and survival. You’re the captain of a team of ragtag robots who explore and scavenge the remains of a destroyed world. You board enemy ships and command your crew in a unique variety of turn-based combat. I was in shock the first time I heard about it!

Taking place some time after SteamWorld Dig, a cataclysmic event has shattered the planet and forced its population into steam-driven spaceships. It’s a robot-eat-robot world out there, and water is desperately hard to come by. Heisting other ships and bases – bad guys fortunately, the lot of them – is their only way to remain in operation.

Heist isn’t a sequel to SteamWorld Dig. But it’s set in the same universe and the cowbots are still the heroes. A lot has happened to SteamWorld since then, and we want to give you a game that is radically different. Partly because we really wanted to make a turn-based strategy game, but also because it felt like a clever move. The obvious follow-up would’ve been Dig 2, but we wanted to surprise you instead.

EDIT: hands-on preview:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/exclusive_we_go_hands_on_with_steamworld_heist_the_next_image_and_form_game

EDIT EDIT: interview with Nintendo UK that talks more about the gameplay:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Nintendo-eShop-developer-discussion-Image-Form-reveals-SteamWorld-Heist-918563.html

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 16, 2014

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
What time does the eShop update? I want Theatrhythm

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Two hours as of this post.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Artix posted:

Two hours as of this post.

Cool, thanks! Glad the answer was simple and definite instead of something like "Sometime in the next seven hours"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I want to get Theatrythmn when it comes out in Europe on Friday but I want the eshop version and was wondering, do they update the shop at like 12:01 am or is the following afternoon. (Dunno why they dont just release the game on Thursday when the regular eshop update happens :( )

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I want to get Theatrythmn when it comes out in Europe on Friday but I want the eshop version and was wondering, do they update the shop at like 12:01 am or is the following afternoon. (Dunno why they dont just release the game on Thursday when the regular eshop update happens :( )

Because Nintendo games are always released on a Friday and retail would throw a poo poo fit if they released the games earlier digitally. They do, however, typically unlock at midnight so go hogwild.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah I generally would grab stuff as I was goin to bed at midnight and have it ready to play on the train to work at 6am. I first experienced many major 3DS releases while bleary eyed and falling asleep

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How many blocks is Sayonara Umihara Kawase? Or whatever it's called in the US, Yumi Odyssey something.

vvvv much appreciated.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 17, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

How many blocks is Sayonara Umihara Kawase? Or whatever it's called in the US, Yumi Odyssey something.

1030 for the US version.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I guess today is the last day of the special offer on Sayonara Umihara Kawase (in Europe)? I'd recommend getting it if you consider yourself a serious (platform) gamer.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's the only game in recent memory where I tried over 200 times to finish a level and didn't want to stop. Hopefully they make another game or Natsume will bring over the DS version.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

What are some games like Sayonara Umihara Kawase? There doesn't seem to be a demo and I have no idea if I'll even like it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Davincie posted:

What are some games like Sayonara Umihara Kawase?

Dustforce on Steam is kind of similar in how speed and execution matter the most.

Here's a video of someone going through the secret paths in Umihara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZKjYNKoZQ

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Some Petit Computer 3 info: the developers plan to release the game this fall in Japan, with an international release planned for 2015 under the name "SmileBASIC". The site reiterates a lot of the new features: online file sharing, gyro/mic/Circle Pad Pro support, changes to the editor, being able to edit/flip between different games simultaneously, etc:

http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm3/

It'll be at TGS again next year, so expect more info soon.

Any word on a Western release? The European release of Petit Computer 2 (1 in the west) took so long that everyone gave up on it.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 17, 2014

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Davincie posted:

What are some games like Sayonara Umihara Kawase? There doesn't seem to be a demo and I have no idea if I'll even like it.

I would play a ROM of the SNES version. I really can't make any comparisons beyond games that also use a grappling hook.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davincie posted:

Did you ever play Worms? Remember the rope in that? It's a whole game of awesome rope tricks.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

ImpAtom posted:

Did you ever play Worms? Remember the rope in that? It's a whole game of awesome rope tricks.

This is hat puts me off - I always just fall flat on my face whenever I try and use that. :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ImpAtom posted:

PROPER maps was the most fun I ever had playing games online. 15 seconds, crates only. Goddamn I miss that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hyrule Warriors (September 19) - €49.99 / £39.99
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €39.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - €39.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Turbo: Super Stunt Squad - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Ben 10 Omniverse - €29.99 / £24.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP
    Kickbeat Special Edition - €9.99 / £8.99
    Chimpuzzle Pro - €1.99 / £1.79
    Darts Up! - €2.49 / £2.29
    Mon Premier Karaoke - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Life Force (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own any Zelda game for Wii U/3DS eShop, get Hyrule Warriors for 10% off! - from September 19-26
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £4.99 if you own the 3DS version, runs until September 25
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 until October 2
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 until October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until October 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (September 19) - €39.99 / £29.99
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €24.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Project X Zone - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Madagascar 3 & The Croods: Double Pack - €19.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP
    The Keep - €9.99 / £8.99
    Glory of Generals - €9.99 / £7.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong: Original Edition (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 24
    Beyblade Evolution (3DS) - €9.99 / £9.99 until September 25
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 until September 25
    Girl's Fashion Shoot (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.99 until September 25
    Hakouki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 until September 25
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until September 25
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €14.99 / £14.99 until September 25]
    Shifting World (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 until September 25
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 until September 25
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - €34.99 / £30.99 until September 25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £11.99 until October 2
    Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €4.49 / £4.04 until October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €13.49 / £11.24 until October 2
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until October 2

NA update (week of September 18):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Spikey Walls - $0.99
    Arrow Time U - $1.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wild Guns (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    UnEpic (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until October 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (September 19) - $39.99
    Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appetit - $29.99
    FIFA 15 - $?
    Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (demo, September 19)
3DS eSHOP
    Secret Empires of the Ancient World - $4.99
    Horse Vet 3D - $?
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Legend of the River King 2 (Game Boy Color) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - available until November 28
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS) - $4.99 until September 24
    World Conqueror 3D (3DS eShop) - $3.99 until September 25
    Parking Star 3D (3DS) - $1.99 until October 2
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - "on sale" from September 22-29
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - "on sale" from September 22-29
    Moon Chronicles (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until October 2
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until October 2
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Style: PiCTOBiTS (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until October 12
    Kirby Super Star (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until October 12
    Mario Bros. (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until October 12
    NES Play Action Football (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until October 12
    Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC) - 200 Coins, available until October 12
    Super Punch-Out!! (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until October 12
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 200 Coins, available until October 12
    Touch Solitaire (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until October 12

Upcoming VC games in NA: Mario Golf Advance Tour (GBA/Wii U, Sep. 25), Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES/Wii U, October 2).

NA dudes, this week's Smash sale includes games in the Pokemon, Metroid, Wii Fit and Mii series (so Streetpass/Tomodachi Life/Wii Sports?) but NOA doesn't actually list them on the press release along with everything else; they'll update in a few hours, so post 'em when you see them.

As always, there are more Atlus games going on sale than what's listed.

Wild Guns is a cult classic SNES game and one of the last awesome Natsume games from the pre-Harvest Moon period, so check it out if you're into behind-the-back quasi-lightgun games like Blood Bros or Cabal.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I had no idea there was a Cooking Mama 3 or 4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's Gardening Mama and Camping Mama and all sorts of crap. Activision even had their own knockoff series called Science Papa at one point.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So how is The Keep, for the US goons here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

No Smash Bros demo in PAL land?