Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

the game comes out in like a month. I doubt they will completely remove him from the game, especially considering he's half of the story mode.

Yeah, if the legal stuff had come even a few months earlier I could see it as a possibility but no way are they doing that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

2k15 delayed till November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEgames/status/511878116608724992

Was looking forward to the Punk/Cena rivalry feature :sigh:

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Roman Reigns posted:

2k15 delayed till November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEgames/status/511878116608724992

Was looking forward to the Punk/Cena rivalry feature :sigh:

PS3 and 360 releases remain unchanged though, so who knows what it's about.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It is very weird what's going on with the press for this game this year. I wonder if there's trouble with development, the framerate from the latest playable demos from the expos looked really buggy [from video footage and player feedback].

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They'd delay the 360 and PS3 versions too if they were going to remove the Punk/Cena thing. Plus it'd be too late to have something else replace it and it's a significant part of the "story" mode. It's got to be something technically wrong with the "next-gen" versions.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...gently caress. That's the same week Dragon Age 3 is out. I was hoping I could get my WWE on before moving on to that. (To be fair, DA3 was originally scheduled for October too.)

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Delays for games on new hardware are nothing special, I don't think any games other than first-party ones actually launch on their initial announced release date. I suspect they're not bothering to delay the 360 and PS3 versions because they don't give the slightest poo poo about the old-gen.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm not so certain. There's a non-zero chance, if WWE's MyCareer mode is anything like NBA's MyCareer mode (where certain cutscenes are fully voiced and others have subtitles for the AI characters) that Punk may have been a prominent part of it and now they're scrambling to remove him.

If it was Punk there will be quite a few angry people spouting off about it, I expect, so we'll find out.

EDIT: Oh, gently caress, I was under the impression that the 360 and PS3 versions were coming out on the 'new' date before anyways, now I see that they're still October. So derp derp, carry on, CM PUNK CM PUNK CM PUNK.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

They'd delay the 360 and PS3 versions too if they were going to remove the Punk/Cena thing.

I thought the PS3/60 versions didn't have that mode to begin with?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

No, the last-gen versions don't have MyCareer, where you take your CAW from NXT to the main roster. All versions have the rivalry mode with Hunter/Shawn and Cena/Punk stories.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash posted:

You're thinking of the "MyCareer" mode.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
That's the same day Far Cry 4, GTA5 re-release, DA:I, and Project CARS all come out. Good luck.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

People are willing to not only play but BUY a new Dragon Age game?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ah, I thought MyCareer was the one in all the versions for some reason. That sucks if it's not in the current-gen ones.

Snacksmaniac posted:

How much would you pay to gently caress a ghost? Probably at least 60 bones.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Man, delaying games is the hottest trend this year.

Also don't buy dragonage on launch. I hosed up and did it for the last one, never again.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

How much would you pay to gently caress a ghost? Probably at least 60 bones.

Everybody's got a price.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm gonna gently caress the ghost

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They're replacing Cena vs Punk with Cena vs Orton. The new rivalry is just having the same exhibition match 33 different times.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

a lot of people are willing to hope they won't mess this one up considering they've said and shown all the right things

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it looks pretty good so far

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm just wary because DA2 had a lot of hype surrounding it too and got ridiculously positive reviews despite being real bad, so I've been trying to avoid seeing any DA3 trailers/previews and wait for people without financial incentives to say positive things to play it.

Any news on when these supercard changes are coming to iOS?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I would not say dragon age 2's 79 average is "ridiculously positive." certainly more positive than that game deserves tho

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

Any news on when these supercard changes are coming to iOS?

probably the same time they come to android

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

gently caress! I accidentally fed the Super Rare Andre I was building for a Pro to my Super Rare to my SR Tyson Kidd :gonk:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Apparently it was the Kindle version that got updated first, but can't do anything until the Android and iOS versions get updated, so all I can do is sit here and be irrationally angry about losing the ability to hoard picks.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I'd sure love to know how the tied records are ranked in KOTR, since I'm just out of qualifying in mine due to a tie record, and I beat the dude ahead of me twice head to head :mad:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

I would not say dragon age 2's 79 average is "ridiculously positive." certainly more positive than that game deserves tho

Over time reviews have been a lot fairer to it but I remember the PC Gamer review calling it "the RPG of the decade"

but if you weren't paying attention to the pre-release marketing and hype for that game you did yourself a disservice because it was hilarious

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
8/10 is pretty much what I'd give DA2, honestly. Probably, on balance, not as good as the first, but it has some elements I really like. (The whole dialogue stance system is pretty awesome, and party members all having their own little spaces in the town was cool.) The blander combat and re-used maps weren't great, but they're not the holocaust atrocities some people on the internet act like they are. And the story's a bit unfocused, but the individual strands work for me, but I think it commits the unforgiveable sin for many of being a BIOWARE STORY!!! Like that's anything to be shocked by. It's not all that deep, it's basically a long-form action movie in tone, and I have no clue what people expected, considering the vitriol and actual loving abuse that got hurled at the developers. (Seriously, death threats because one of the writers said she 'squeed' when writing one character? And the gaming press are the ones that lack perspective?)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

Over time reviews have been a lot fairer to it but I remember the PC Gamer review calling it "the RPG of the decade"

but if you weren't paying attention to the pre-release marketing and hype for that game you did yourself a disservice because it was hilarious

Push a button, something awesome happens!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Push a button, something awesome happens!

...OK that was dumb

(Dumb enough that Volition made fun of it Saints Row)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dragon age 2 is the worst game ever and a compelling, almost beautiful failure

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

In ea ufc, can you create a fighter a bunch of dudes, like say make a bellator roster if you wanted to? Or is it limited to 1 dude in career mode.

Also is the game worth picking up overal? Reviews and boards are kind of divided on it and i can't get info on if the patches improved things or not at all. Opinions kind goons?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Gaz-L posted:

...OK that was dumb

(Dumb enough that Volition made fun of it Saints Row)

Awesome Button is the greatest innovation of our time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

canada jezus posted:

In ea ufc, can you create a fighter a bunch of dudes, like say make a bellator roster if you wanted to? Or is it limited to 1 dude in career mode.

Also is the game worth picking up overal? Reviews and boards are kind of divided on it and i can't get info on if the patches improved things or not at all. Opinions kind goons?

You can make a bunch of guys (but not women).

I like it. Haven't played for a few weeks, but it's fun and they did put some effort into patching away some of the bigger criticisms. Like they added the ability to touch gloves at the start of rounds and after stand-ups. And they added the ability to stuff a takedown attempt into sprawl, which should've been in to begin with, but at least they patched it in. Plus you can get hatemail from 13 year-olds mad that you got them in the Muay Thai clinch and kneed them in the head until they died.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

So you could conceivably make brock lesnar, ben askren, Shinyi aoki, whatever, or would that involve doing career mode and all its fights 3 times?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

canada jezus posted:

So you could conceivably make brock lesnar, ben askren, Shinyi aoki, whatever, or would that involve doing career mode and all its fights 3 times?

You can make CAFs outside of career mode. Career asks you import a previously made dude or prompts you to go into creation.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

epitasis posted:

dragon age 2 is the worst game ever and a compelling, almost beautiful failure

It's so bad that someone got banned from here for making an LP showing off exactly how bad it is and why and going into detail on the writers and process.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I don't know if it's true for all epic tier cards, but as I went to set my ipad down, I noticed my epic Brie Bella reacts to the gyro sensor.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mayostard posted:

I don't know if it's true for all epic tier cards, but as I went to set my ipad down, I noticed my epic Brie Bella reacts to the gyro sensor.
My epic Naomi does this too holy poo poo the future is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey if you play 17,500 games you get an epic Paige!