Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Meltathon posted:

Ugh, I missed the game because I was camping in California, which was great, but I still missed the game. I've been gone for two weeks, so fittingly, I missed one heartbreaker loss to KSU, and one heart-stopping win against Iowa. Maybe ISU won't be god awful, just not-good this year. Dare I hope for 5 wins? Probably not.

Now that you've said that you're totally gonna beat Baylor and crush my dreams before they ever get a chance to fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

Now that you've said that you're totally gonna beat Baylor and crush my dreams before they ever get a chance to fly.

Last game i attended in person was our 35-21 thrashing of Baylor in 2012. Maybe I should try to get some tickets for this one and hope it happens again it won't, ya'll gonna win by 71

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

However, Heinz Field is a dump

I agree, the liquid physics of the digital ketchup pour really make it a terrible experience.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
So who's excited for OU at WVU this weekend? Last time we were there, Oklahoma gave up 572 all purpose yards to Tavon Austin and still won, 50-49. :q:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Komet posted:

Penn State is playing at M&T in Baltimore against Maryland next year unsurprisingly. I'll probably go, but I'm sure there won't be much of a college atmosphere. It will however probably be majority Penn State fans.

Penn State played Indiana in FedEx a few years ago. I didn't go, but I even hated the experience of watching the game on TV there. The sound seemed so muted.

I went to the OSU-Navy game at M&T this year. Yeah, the stadium and atmosphere I could only describe as "meh."

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
Espn announced new 30 for 30 docs for this fall:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/09/fall-slate-announced-for-espn-films-30-for-30-as-fifth-anniversary-of-series-approaches/

Most importantly:

ESPN posted:

“The U Part 2″ will debut after the Heisman Trophy presentation in December, making it the first 30 for 30 sequel. “The U,” a chronicle of the rise of the University of Miami football program in the 1980s, was one of the first 30 for 30 films, and subsequently became ESPN’s most-watched documentary film in history up to that point. In “The U Part 2,” director Billy Corben picks up where his original film left off, with Miami trying to recover from the devastation left by NCAA sanctions and scandals.

:getin:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mahoning posted:

If I only I had the correct combination living location and college football team, my opinions about stadiums would be more valid.

:goonsay:

hang on lemme simplify the statement, isolate the

Deteriorata posted:

He's a Notre Dame fan

problem

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tuesday, Oct. 28, 9 p.m. – “Brian and The Boz”

Tuesday, Nov. 4, 9 p.m. – “Brothers in Exile”

Tuesday, Nov. 11, 8 p.m. – “Rand University”

Saturday, Dec. 13, 9 p.m. – “The U Part 2”

Yes, please.

every
Apr 24, 2008

He can lose in heartbreaking fashion every year. I love this man. Mark Richt is my coach.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Zoran posted:

So who's excited for OU at WVU this weekend? Last time we were there, Oklahoma gave up 572 all purpose yards to Tavon Austin and still won, 50-49. :q:

Y'all gonna run a train on us.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

every posted:

He can lose in heartbreaking fashion every year. I love this man. Mark Richt is my coach.

I've never been on the fire Richt train I don't really even know who we could get that would be an overall improvement. You can't really bitch about 9-10 win seasons. Well you can but you'd be dumb. He is a saint.

every
Apr 24, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

I've never been on the fire Richt train I don't really even know who we could get that would be an overall improvement. You can't really bitch about 9-10 win seasons. Well you can but you'd be dumb. He is a saint.

I think a more aggressive (or, just, better) OC would help Georgia substantially, but Richt is a loving awesome coach, overall. Recruiting is half the battle, and he's one of the best there is. Not the best in-game coach, but everything else, is great, and he represents the school well.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I can understand the Bobo hate to a point, but the offense the last two years under Murray was the best in program history.... Defense has been really what has kicked us in the nuts over and over for the past few years. The one good year Grantham had was Jarvis Jones playing out of his mind.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Those early 00s teams that were basically the entire first round of an NFL draft were fun to watch but way less interesting as characters for the most part (was Clinton Portis forcing his weird one man sketch comedy show on the world back then? I think that started in DC) so I dunno. The 80s and 90s teams were really the perfect storm of corruption and outsized personalities like Schellenberger, Irvin, Jimmy Johnson, and Sapp. The 00s were personified by maybe the single most boring quarterback in the history of football and were coached by someone who looked like a pleasantly confused Lutheran minister.

I guess the Seventh Floor Crew happened. That owned. G-Reg for life.

e: oh hey by the way Iowa stinks but you know of course they do.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 16, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

This game is gonna own

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

PostNouveau posted:

This game is gonna own

Prob not.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

every posted:

I think a more aggressive (or, just, better) OC would help Georgia substantially, but Richt is a loving awesome coach, overall. Recruiting is half the battle, and he's one of the best there is. Not the best in-game coach, but everything else, is great, and he represents the school well.
Georgia fans's expectations are based on Dooley's four strongest years with the program which happened over 30 years ago.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

tadashi posted:

Georgia fans's expectations are based on Dooley's four strongest years with the program which happened over 30 years ago.

Which relied on one of the greatest college football players of all time.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

OU's gonna win huge but we'll still get a few of those precious Stoops 'what the gently caress just happened' looks

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

go3 posted:

OU's gonna win huge but we'll still get a few of those precious Stoops 'what the gently caress just happened' looks

Because they've "won huge" so many times against us. :allears:

http://wvustats.com/sport/football/games?expand=0&GameSearchForm%5Bopponent%5D%5B%5D=207

every
Apr 24, 2008

tadashi posted:

Georgia fan expectations are pretty much on par with Alabama's...and even Alabama fans have too high of expectations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I feel like Stoops is going to put a huge premium on beating you guys worse than Alabama. Like, a lot worse. If Oklahoma gets up by a couple scores late they aren't going to take their foot off the gas.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
fellas http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/9/16/6153781/hatin-rear end-spurrier-week-three

quote:

That game might be the first time a Georgian was sad at the sight of a chain gang.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Don't burst my bubble. It's gonna be another 49-50 for sure.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hatin rear end Spurrier posted:

The difference between Georgia and England is England's inbred figureheads were alive the last time they won something.

Whoa. :stare:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

USC rushed for a total twenty yards on Boston College. Well, you didn't expect a group from South Los Angeles to get much space to move in Boston, did you?

Audibly gasped while reading that one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Those early 00s teams that were basically the entire first round of an NFL draft were fun to watch but way less interesting as characters for the most part (was Clinton Portis forcing his weird one man sketch comedy show on the world back then? I think that started in DC) so I dunno. The 80s and 90s teams were really the perfect storm of corruption and outsized personalities like Schellenberger, Irvin, Jimmy Johnson, and Sapp. The 00s were personified by maybe the single most boring quarterback in the history of football and were coached by someone who looked like a pleasantly confused Lutheran minister.

I guess the Seventh Floor Crew happened. That owned. G-Reg for life.

e: oh hey by the way Iowa stinks but you know of course they do.

They also had future hamper-pooper Najeh Davenport. And weren't Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow Jr. kind of assholes or am I remembering wrong? Did "The U" even get as far as Sapp and Ray Lewis and all them?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jesus:

Iowa's a place where you can time travel in cornfields. Guess that's how Kirk Ferentz cashes checks he earned in 2002 with those 2014 results.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
losing 41-3 to Duke in football should be punishable by death

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Anals of History posted:

Audibly gasped while reading that one.

They were very dangerous last year, and will be so again this year. Honestly they'll be a contender for the ACC again in the very near future.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

swizz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

go3 posted:

Meh, I think WVU gives OU more of a game than they want. I think OU is better than Alabama, but playing in Morgantown is no joke. Not sure which I'm more scared for the Bears to be playing, Morgantown or Norman. It's close.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Jesus:

Iowa's a place where you can time travel in cornfields. Guess that's how Kirk Ferentz cashes checks he earned in 2002 with those 2014 results.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

i had to look this up and he really is 7-9 against Iowa State I mean how do you even do that

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

swizz posted:

I was busy with work this weekend and had to look up who was on on the losing end here and.... :stare: :stare: :stare:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

swizz posted:

They're actually pretty good now though???

Anyway, I didn't see this posted yet. Interesting recruiting tactics at Wake Forest: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/16/6222007/wake-forest-kim-kardashian

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Mons Hubris posted:

They're actually pretty good now though???

Anyway, I didn't see this posted yet. Interesting recruiting tactics at Wake Forest: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/16/6222007/wake-forest-kim-kardashian

These are not the kind of recruiting tactics I expected out of Wake Forest of all schools. This feels more Tennessee/Florida to me.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

go3 posted:

i had to look this up and he really is 7-9 against Iowa State I mean how do you even do that

Iowa's still going to end up with around 9 wins against their mid tier FCS level schedule and by November everybody is going to be gushing over what January Bowl Game (TM) they're going to go to and forget they didn't like him in September

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

They also had future hamper-pooper Najeh Davenport. And weren't Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow Jr. kind of assholes or am I remembering wrong? Did "The U" even get as far as Sapp and Ray Lewis and all them?

I don't remember those two being talked about much, but the sanctions happened after them. They played under Erickson and it sounds like it's starting with the rebuild under Davis.

Shockey didn't really start acting crazy until after he left, but Winslow was pretty funny in college. He did the Heisman pose and gave his "I'M A MOTHERFUCKING SOILDER" speech.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Jesus:

It was a portal from heaven, not a time machine, jeez. And he wasn't making anything in 2002, he got the big raise in 2004!

I have some serious issues with the accuracy of this comedy column, is what I'm saying.

go3 posted:

He openly does not give a poo poo about non-conference and plays a style that makes it easy to lose games you shouldn't. Also when he got the job Iowa State was at its historic peak and and the Iowa program was a complete mess, but it hasn't been all that great since he turned it around either.

Thoguh posted:

Iowa's still going to end up with around 9 wins against their mid tier FCS level schedule and by November everybody is going to be gushing over what January Bowl Game (TM) they're going to go to and forget they didn't like him in September

This seems better than going 2-10 but everyone still gushing about that great win against Iowa.

All of Rhoad's Signature Moments happened in seasons ISU finished with a losing record. So proud. So so proud.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Those People Magazines are clearly from the near future wherein the ACC continues its death grip on major bowl wins.

• Locked thread