Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It was sort of at her own request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Since the beginning of the 2012 season, the Jaguars are 6-28. That's humiliating enough. But it’s even worse than that because 20 of those losses have come by 10 or more points, including the first eight games of the 2013 season.

Here’s further documentation to show how bad things have been since the 2012 season began:

The Jaguars have been out-scored by 423 points in the 20 losses and have lost those games by an average margin of 21.15 points.

In addition to the four losses by more than 30 points, they’ve lost nine games by 20 or more points.

They’ve only lost three games by 14 or less.

:stare:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The dog pile on the NFL is loving hilarious the last few weeks. What sector of the league hasn't been attacked or scrutinised?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Why would you cut a domestic violence victim in response.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
just be happy your ears are being spared

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Do not bump Rhianna! You will regret this!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Atticus Finch posted:

Greg Hardy stuff

this is basically the NFL rewarding the Panthers (or rather, not punishing them) for Doing The Right Thing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Manning would probably see a sales bump in Papa John's immediately after doing so.

Can you imagine Peyton and Tom in front of a Papa John's backdrop, announcing their disdain for the current situation.

Two days later, Peyton announces that a dollar for every pizza sold at any Papa Johns will be donated to victims of domestic abuse.

And look what just popped up.

quote:

During an interview with WEEI, Brady did his best to avoid saying much of anything about Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, or anything else.

“I try to stay in my lane. All of those things, none of it’s really my business or my control,” Brady said, via Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal. “I’ve just been focusing on the games and what I can do better. The things that are taking place on other teams or league-wide decisions, those are a different pay grade than me.”

Asked if he could be a spokesman for any of the issues for the players, Brady said that wasn’t his role.

“I certainly have a lot of personal feelings toward all those things, but it’s just, there’s nothing I can do,” he said. “If I make a comment about it, there’s nothing I can do to make a difference. The owners of the league, the commissioner of the league, the teams themselves, the players that are involved, they’re the ones that are speaking on it. It’s not really my responsibility to speak out about those things, because there are a lot of other people doing the talking.

“I really don’t want to be involved in any of those things. I try to live and make the best decisions possible on and off the field and represent our organization and represent my family as best I can. Those things are happening. I just don’t want my name mentioned in any of those situations that are happening.”

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

NC-17 posted:

And look what just popped up.

what a puss

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

EDIT: Never mind, found what I was looking for!

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 16, 2014

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Alouicious posted:

north carolina's legal system is dumb + weird

I am more saddened by Adrian Peterson beating a 4 year old until they bleed, including on their scrotum, than I am by the Greg Hardy vs Girl-Coked-Out-Of-Her-Mind or Ray Rice situation. V:shobon:V

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Its Miller Time posted:

Why would you cut a domestic violence victim in response.

Presumably because it was in Baltimore and the team might have requested it

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Alex Smith has been placed on IR

The Cincy one, sorry Parm

vv get out of my head bro

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Alex Smith to IR with an arm injury

the Tight End

Edit: DAMMIT SOUR DIESEL :argh:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Hey I heard Alex Smith went to IR with an arm injury, anyone seen this?

Cause apparently Alex Smith went to IR

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

North Queensland Heat Alex Smith or the lacrosse one?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chris James 2 posted:

[horiffic stats about the Jaguars]
:stare:

Yeah the last regime was Real loving Bad. This is part of why I am so pissed they didnt take Buffalo's offer to trade up to 3 when they had a hardon for Sammy Watkins.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

I don't believe you

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bort Bortles posted:

Yeah the last regime was Real loving Bad. This is part of why I am so pissed they didnt take Buffalo's offer to trade up to 3 when they had a hardon for Sammy Watkins.

But then you probably wouldn't have the next great QB

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

But then you probably wouldn't have the next great QB

We could have traded up from 9 and still had another first next year if we really didnt think he would be available at 9. Obviously I have bought into Bort but I am just disappointed the team didnt take an opportunity to be able to acquire more talent that it desperately needs. Gus Bradley is going to be the Dennis Allen of next year because the team will still be so talent deprived that we'll have a top 5 pick again this year and will still be poo poo next year.

edit: and just like the Raiders, we have a bunch of vets on Defense who are probably there to collect a paycheck rather than try to win. They knew they were going to a bad team.

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...

The Puppy Bowl posted:

you mean, she was asking for it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I figured Cincy would snatch up Orson Charles at TE since that's why they originally drafted him, but they signed some guy named Kevin Brock instead. (yes I know he was on the preseason squad)

Kevin Zeitler might go on IR. :negative:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

I figured Cincy would snatch up Orson Charles but they signed some guy named Kevin Brock instead.

Kevin Brock was on their practice squad. Pollack played well enough filing in for Zeitler. I am concerned about the depth of our team if we keep losing guys to injury.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Sour Diesel posted:

Alex Smith has been placed on IR

The Cincy one, sorry Parm

vv get out of my head bro

He'd be a better QB probably.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alex Smith almost led the Chiefs to overtime against Peyton Manning. He's definitely a bad QB.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Alex Smith almost led the Chiefs to overtime against Peyton Manning. He's definitely a bad QB.

I'm now imagining a defense of 11 Peyton Mannings. They are slow and awful at defending.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Dave posted:

I'm now imagining a defense of 11 Peyton Mannings. They are slow and awful at defending.

11 Peyton Mannings vs 11 Tom Bradys.

The matchup we demand and deserve.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

The Dave posted:

Just put Earl Thomas behind him and then he can claim to be the best CB in the game.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Tell Canton to start sculpting his bust

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kalli posted:

Has Breaking Madden done this yet because lol

Atticus Finch posted:

I figured Cincy would snatch up Orson Charles at TE since that's why they originally drafted him, but they signed some guy named Kevin Brock instead. (yes I know he was on the preseason squad)

They didn't sign Charles because they need to replace Smith as a blocking TE, not as a pass-catching threat.

If Zeitler goes to IR it's less a problem for the immediate future because I think Pollak will play well, but it's a huge problem for depth. It also makes Bodine basically unbenchable even if his play starts to suffer. I'm definitely crossing my fingers on that one

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Has Breaking Madden done this yet because lol

They didn't sign Charles because they need to replace Smith as a blocking TE, not as a pass-catching threat.

If Zeitler goes to IR it's less a problem for the immediate future because I think Pollak will play well, but it's a huge problem for depth. It also makes Bodine basically unbenchable even if his play starts to suffer. I'm definitely crossing my fingers on that one

A few years ago I remember someone chose a player from each team and cloned them and did Madden sims. I seem to remember a gaggle of Tebows.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Never count out Touchdown Tom.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Tell Canton to start sculpting his bust

I'd like it a lot more if I didn't get the feeling this is what the Chiefs actually believe should be happening.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

A few years ago I remember someone chose a player from each team and cloned them and did Madden sims. I seem to remember a gaggle of Tebows.

Actually the technical term for a group of Tebows isn't gaggle, it is a chastity.

I was late to work because a chastity of Tebows was blocking traffic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah but all Brady vs all Peyton would just be a thousand bullet passes into tiny holes that are mostly dropped or converted for 5 yard gains.

I don't think that would even be football at that point.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Senator is threatening to challenge the NFL's tax-exempt status if the Redskins name isn't changed.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

/\/\ LET IT BURN. BUUUURRRRNNN.

Kalli posted:

Yeah but all Brady vs all Peyton would just be a thousand bullet passes into tiny holes that are mostly dropped or converted for 5 yard gains.

A million laser rocket laterals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Bradys would win due to the field position battle and Touchback Tom's amazing punting skills.

• Locked thread