Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Jason Verrett owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

Kevin Brock was on their practice squad. Pollack played well enough filing in for Zeitler. I am concerned about the depth of our team if we keep losing guys to injury.
No he wasn't. Kevin Greene was.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

They didn't sign Charles because they need to replace Smith as a blocking TE, not as a pass-catching threat.

If Zeitler goes to IR it's less a problem for the immediate future because I think Pollak will play well, but it's a huge problem for depth. It also makes Bodine basically unbenchable even if his play starts to suffer. I'm definitely crossing my fingers on that one
Yeah, that's true about Charles. At this rate they'll probably draft a big dumb blocker because I can't imagine a world where Gresham would want to come back to Cincy. Though I thought that about Andre Smith, too...

Depth should be fine. TJ Johnson, Tanner Hawkinson, and Trevor Robinson can play guard. If they can do it well is another question.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Jason Verrett owns

Wow, I knew Bene Benwikere had a good game, but that's pretty awesome to see him as #2 overall.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Corey Graham loving owns and I miss him

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Jason Verrett owns

Purposefully cropped to show Sherman sitting down at 28? Someone is feeling good about the Chargers win.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

As DC begins to increase pressure, they hire a Obama staffer as a lobbyist.

The cynic in me would be to say that the reason all these women are being promoted is to provide cover for when the internal report throws whoever the unknown female voice in the AP report under the bus.

" ESPN reports posted:

The NFL has hired Cynthia C. Hogan, a former deputy assistant in the Obama administration, as its senior vice president of public policy and government affairs.

Hogan will help run the NFL's Washington, D.C., office and will report to Paul Hicks, the league's executive vice president of communications and public affairs.

The addition of Hogan, who was part of the White House staff from 2009 to 2013, marks the NFL's latest front-office hire following widespread criticism for its handling of Ray Rice's domestic abuse case.

The NFL announced the hiring of Hogan on Tuesday, one day after appointing three domestic-violence experts -- all women -- to serve as senior advisers to the league.

"We are pleased to welcome Cynthia to our leadership team," Hicks said in a statement released by the league. "Cynthia's broad experience on a wide range of public policy issues will help advance our initiatives in Washington and around the country."

Said Hogan: "The complex and compelling issues of interest to the NFL and the opportunity to help shape policy on those issues is a unique and exciting challenge. I could not be more excited about joining the NFL team."

Hogan helped lead several of the Obama administration's reforms, including gun-violence proposals.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who has come under intense scrutiny in the wake of the Rice incident, sent a memo to all teams Monday announcing that Lisa Friel, Jane Randel and Rita Smith will "help lead and shape the NFL's policies and programs relating to domestic violence and sexual assault."

Goodell also announced Monday that Anna Isaacson will be the league's vice president for social responsibility -- a new position -- in addition to her current role as the league's vice president of community affairs and philanthropy.

Terry O'Neill, the president for the National Organization of Women, issued a statement that the NFL's hires are "a step in the right direction -- but it's not enough."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Jason Verrett owns

I knew Bene Benwikere was going to be something but not so soon and not so loving awesome.

Sour Diesel posted:

I'd forgotten how irreplaceable a number 3 CB can be.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Broncos fans are tired of dealing with Phil Simms biased commentary, so they've put in a petition to ban him from covering Broncos games. The city of Denver has spoken.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/9/15/6152707/broncos-fans-start-petition-to-ban-cbs-phil-simms-from-broncos

:qq: If AP had just beat up these babies, he would've avoided the whole looking bad thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I knew Bene Benwikere was going to be something but not so soon and not so loving awesome.

Yeah no poo poo.

Good on Gettleman I guess.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

He's been fantastic this year so far. He probably deserve to be Buffalo's #1 CB.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd forgotten how irreplaceable a number 3 CB can be.

Chykie

Brown

:negative:

e: he's actually been doing so bad they put Miles at SS and had Elam playing nickel...who actually did a decent job so I dunno what the gently caress, i'd be more comfortable with having terrence brooks at nickel and keep Elam in his usual shallow zone

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm pretty god damned irritated with Terrance Brooks getting no playing time in our poo poo show of a secondary but at this point it's just expected out of the Harbaugh Ravens. The motto seems to be why play a young guy with potential when you have a vet who you know for a fact is garbage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Broncos fans are tired of dealing with Phil Simms biased commentary, so they've put in a petition to ban him from covering Broncos games. The city of Denver has spoken.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/9/15/6152707/broncos-fans-start-petition-to-ban-cbs-phil-simms-from-broncos

:qq: If AP had just beat up these babies, he would've avoided the whole looking bad thing.

I oppose it because every Broncos game Simms does is one less Patriots game he's assigned to.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm pretty god damned irritated with Terrance Brooks getting no playing time in our poo poo show of a secondary but at this point it's just expected out of the Harbaugh Ravens. The motto seems to be why play a young guy with potential when you have a vet who you know for a fact is garbage.

Funny thing is I think Jim runs things the same way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

11 Peyton Mannings vs 11 Tom Bradys.

The matchup we demand and deserve.

The handoff is to Brady

He is...eventually.. yes, finds the edge and turns up field

Manning is very slowly giving chase

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Why would Simms be biased against the Broncos anyway? Also I don't think he's even coherent enough for it to be possible to prove any pattern to his thoughts.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

three posted:

Wow, I knew Bene Benwikere had a good game, but that's pretty awesome to see him as #2 overall.
The Bengals have doubled down on a single position in the draft for years now and I hoped he'd be the second CB they grabbed.

The second CB they DID grab was cut from the team.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Remember that guy who would make power rankings and the jaguars were always inexplicably at the top. Who was that guy. Why were the jaguars always up there. Questions still haven't been answered lindelof you hack

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

toxicsunset posted:

Remember that guy who would make power rankings and the jaguars were always inexplicably at the top. Who was that guy. Why were the jaguars always up there. Questions still haven't been answered lindelof you hack

Crimson ghost

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've only really been paying attention to the draft since around 2011 but in that time I've flatly dominated the Ravens scouting department and I haven't done that well.

That reminds me Dolphins fans, how has Jarvis Landry looked? Haven't heard word one about him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RVacchianoNYDN
The Giants have placed WR Jerrel Jernigan on season-ending injured reserve.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I wonder if Will Hill could get reinstated with the rollbacks on suspensions. I sure hope so, we need the guy.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So is Jon Beason done? Sure as hell seems that way.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Intruder posted:

The handoff is to Brady

He is...eventually.. yes, finds the edge and turns up field

Manning is very slowly giving chase

I wonder who is faster. Tom or Manning.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Brady by miles and miles.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Shindragon posted:

I wonder who is faster. Tom or Manning.

No way Manning could juke Urlacher

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Peyton's 40 time: 4.8 seconds
Brady's 40 time: 5.28 seconds

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

So is Jon Beason done? Sure as hell seems that way.

He's good when he's not hurt.

He's always hurt.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

15 years ago

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah but that was before Peyton became bionic.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

15 years ago

Yeah and Brady's had knee surgery since then

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Purposefully cropped to show Sherman sitting down at 28? Someone is feeling good about the Chargers win.

Brandon Boykin is as good as Richard Sherman! :woop:

Our defense is so bad just let me have this.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Brandon Boykin is like the only legitimately good secondary player they have though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

cp91886 posted:

Why would Simms be biased against the Broncos anyway?
The only reason I can think of is that they cut Chris Simms loose in 2010(?)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If he's going to hold a grudge against teams that didn't want his son he's got a long list

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Miami Dolphins are working out LaMichael James because we have no healthy RB's

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah and Brady's had knee surgery since then

Yeah I don't know why people seriously think Brady would be faster. Neck surgery doesn't really slow you down like knee surgery

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Phill Simms is a national treasure. Haters vacate.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Endless misery be upon the House of Simms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

davecrazy posted:

Phill Simms is a national treasure. Haters vacate.

You really want to be left alone in this world with only Jim Nantz?

• Locked thread