Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

New Leaf posted:

I just.. I can't even fathom what she thought would happen. Did she really think that thing was going to support her weight? Just.. Why? We're all doomed, aren't we? This is it. We're done. :psyduck:

I'm surprised she thought anything would support her weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

New Leaf posted:

I just.. I can't even fathom what she thought would happen. Did she really think that thing was going to support her weight? Just.. Why? We're all doomed, aren't we? This is it. We're done. :psyduck:
That would barely support a cat jumping on it, much less a normal-sized person, much less her.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Yah McFly!

Missing "Bojo"

1/5

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Should have been a bag of peas 0/10

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

achillesforever6 posted:

Should have been a bag of peas 0/10

Full of green Pea-ness?

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Tracula posted:

Full of green Pea-ness?

That's terrible.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tracula posted:

Full of green Pea-ness?

Rosebud frozen peas

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrMidnight posted:

Rosebud frozen peas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V14PfDDwxlE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Can I get a source on these?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Improbable Lobster posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Astro-Monster

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Doctor Bishop posted:

That's terrible.

Of, we're doing The Critic gifs, now?

Birds love the sound of my voice-

The other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela. Once there, I shall lie low and assume odd jobs under the name Mr.Pilkington. But perhaps I've said too much. :smug:

BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Improbable Lobster posted:

Darkest Dungeon. Indie RPG dungeon delving game with some great sounding mechanics and quite great art.
Still in development, and terribly overpriced (49$ at least currently) for a game that is both indie and was successfully Kickstarted (around 4 times what they asked for).

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Darkest Dungeon. Indie RPG dungeon delving game with some great sounding mechanics and quite great art.
Still in development, and terribly overpriced (49$ at least currently) for a game that is both indie and was successfully Kickstarted (around 4 times what they asked for).

Tbf the prices are for people who want fancy versions with extras and when the game is released on steam EA it'll be cheaper.

Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCNMdv_9Gro

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Metropolis

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

I must confess that growing up, I did this to the dog a LOT. There's probably a narrow strip of my parents' kitchen floor that is about an inch lower than the rest of it. The best bit is when you initially launch the canine in question backwards, there's at least a second of four wheel drive drift action before the scrabbling kicks in.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:nws:

The best Die Hard Gif

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TheFatTubist
Feb 2, 2007

Sweet! I always wanted to gif Metropolis. It'd be cool if there were seemless gifs of Freder operating the pointer machine thing, or the column of workers being sacrificed to the machine to grease the gears.

josiahgould
Nov 10, 2009
My first effort.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

josiahgould posted:

My first effort.

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

josiahgould posted:

My first effort.

An exercise in optimization:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

A few good avatar options if you wanted to crop them:

More Here: http://mattisdovier.tumblr.com/, though a few are :nws:.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop

Oh, neat!

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
Huh. You think it was deliberate?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Bad Sneakers posted:

Huh. You think it was deliberate?
Nah, directors never watch classic movies or pick ideas from them.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

TheFatTubist posted:

Sweet! I always wanted to gif Metropolis. It'd be cool if there were seemless gifs of Freder operating the pointer machine thing, or the column of workers being sacrificed to the machine to grease the gears.
Let me see what I can do later today... In the meantime...

Also, how they did the Landspeeder in "Star Wars"

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Just thought it was cool. I love seeing visual references being made to older films.
Obviously they borrowed a couple other images too:

Edit: Come to think of it, in both movies these shots were done with matte paintings. Kind of mind-blowing an effects technique almost as old as cinema itself still works perfectly today.

Morton Haynice has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Sep 17, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

If someone can avatarize this one I've got my credit card in front of me and I'm not a fan of the new stupid newbie graphic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral

Skwirl posted:

If someone can avatarize this one I've got my credit card in front of me and I'm not a fan of the new stupid newbie graphic.

Had to crop it a little:

e:

Might as well contribute while I'm here. Been watching the Bluray of Betty Boop and it's pretty great! Of course you have to avoid the Tom and Jerry levels of racism in a few episodes.

Zombiebeard has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread