Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

amuayse posted:

How did DIO fix Pucci's foot if it wasn't for his Crazy Diamond.

He gave pucci some of his blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jotaro hadn't unlocked control of his stand at that point, so maybe while it was automatic it had a longer range.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

MelvinBison posted:

Oh. That sucks. :smith: Spirit photography doesn't seem very useful for a guy from Victorian England. Especially Jonathan.

joseph can channel the ripple through hermit purple, and would probably have two if he had two real hands

jonathan could wear them like stand boxing gloves and use sunlight yellow overdrive on stands

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can't he use Hermit Purple from his artificial hand, though?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Just finished part 5. RIP Buccelati. Best character in the manga so far.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
After going through Battle Tendency once again, in an effort to remain as :colbert: as possible in this matter that was the subject of discussion a few pages ago, I can safely declare that, going merely by both his good luck and his incredibly underhanded nature, young Joseph would destroy DIO. He wouldn't even need to use a stand.

KidDynamite posted:

Just finished part 5. RIP Buccelati. Best character in the manga so far.

The most :black101: pretty boy ever conceived by Araki.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want Bruno to unzip his pants

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And by good luck, you of course mean Stroheim. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Wark Say posted:

After going through Battle Tendency once again, in an effort to remain as :colbert: as possible in this matter that was the subject of discussion a few pages ago, I can safely declare that, going merely by both his good luck and his incredibly underhanded nature, young Joseph would destroy DIO. He wouldn't even need to use a stand.

Welcome to the church of Joseph, the Best JoJo.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e: drat straight :hfive: ^^^^^^

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And by good luck, you of course mean Stroheim. :colbert:

I honestly cannot tell who was the bigger revelation when I first experienced Battle Tendency animated. I was already a Sugita fan on account of him being super dorky and earnest about playing the hell out of each role, but Atsushi Imaruoka made Stroheim JUMP at you. Takuya Sato was also pretty good as Caesar.

Getting to hear "And now you're going to say..." gave me that giddy, right-stuff feeling but getting to experience the "SEKAI ICHIIIIIII" was, as a dear cousin would say, 'far out'.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 17, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Seriously though, One Clacker Volley and DIO is dead. That poo poo melted a pillarmen face, a baby vampire can't handle anything.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Seriously though, One Clacker Volley and DIO is dead. That poo poo melted a pillarmen face, a baby vampire can't handle anything.

you know ducking is a thing right

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think you guys are underestimating the fact that Dio's pretty tricky, too.

And he also seems to have a lot of luck as well.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

It is physically impossible to duck.

Nice try, dirtbag.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think you guys are underestimating the fact that Dio's pretty tricky, too.

And he also seems to have a lot of luck as well.

The devil's own, as said by hilariously racist chinese caricature.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That didn't work out too well for Wham

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you think Dio is less threatening than the loving Pillar Men, you are insane. Dio has always been more cunning and under-handed than them and Joseph.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

If you think Dio is less threatening than the loving Pillar Men, you are insane. Dio has always been more cunning and under-handed than them and Joseph.

Bot really considering Dio got punked by jonathan. I mean the Cleverest thing he did was go for those air bubbles instead of swimming to the surface.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Beef Waifu posted:

DIO loses constantly against anyone that is seriously fighting him. Like by the time he well and truly gets hosed up at the end of Stardust, he's already been beaten like a half dozen times throughout his life, and like half of those were Jonathan...the least aggressive or tricky Joestar. Cars was immortal and invincible, and was defeated by launching him into space and causing him to go dormant as that was the only way to deal with him. DIO at the height of his power was just a vampire with a time stop. Scary, but not quite the same level of threat as....like nearly every single other villain in the drat series at the height of their power. Even when DIO comes back at the end of Steel Ball Run, he gets chumped again.

People need to accept that DIO's strengths are in being pretty and haughty, and amusing, not in actually being main villain terrifying for a JoJo's series. Because on that count, he's only middling at best. The top of the list would be Enrico Pucci, who killed loving everybody in the universe in general and specifically murdered drat near every person to go against him. Godspeed you crazy priest, you were the poo poo :911:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Bot really considering Dio got punked by jonathan. I mean the Cleverest thing he did was go for those air bubbles instead of swimming to the surface.
Dio Brando was also less experienced then. DIO, on the other hand, is probably the strongest villain in the series. Sure, Kars had ultimate power, but he got hosed up after falling fort Joseph's little trick. And Pucci hosed poo poo up real bad, but that's only because he got Made In Heaven. White Snake Pucci would have been destroyed by DIO.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 17, 2014

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I only saw the anime, but what exactly was Joeseph's little trick? I thought Kars died to pure luck, the only thing Joeseph really did was instinctualy hold up the Red Stone of Aja. I don't think "accidentally cause a volcanic eruption, get saved by the last minute by own dismembered hand being blasted by the volcano, and then have Kars get pelted by some extra rocks" was at all Joeseph's "trickery." Really once the volcano erupted all Joesph did was taunt Kars.

Ultimate Kars vs DIO kinda boils down to "even after being launched into the cold vacuum of space, Kars still can't actually die. So what the hell can DIO even do to him?" Pretty sure Kars wins there.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Dino Dio never really lost until he tried to mess with a train.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Boogaleeboo posted:

Even when DIO comes back at the end of Steel Ball Run, he gets chumped again.

Didn't he completely and effortlessly destroy Johnny at the height of his power?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ninjewtsu posted:

I only saw the anime, but what exactly was Joeseph's little trick?

Well he did manage to piss off Kars long enough for him to forget to do something about being blasted into outer space.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ninjewtsu posted:

Ultimate Kars vs DIO kinda boils down to "even after being launched into the cold vacuum of space, Kars still can't actually die. So what the hell can DIO even do to him?" Pretty sure Kars wins there.

If DIO was around during Battle Tendency, he probably would have been the one to get the stone. :colbert:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the importance of that was that it made Kars not pay attention to the small rocks that neither him nor Joseph knew about, and had he not gotten launched even further by those he would have been perfectly fine

^^ And similarly, had Kars been around and kicking during the time of Phantom Blood, Dio would've gotten eaten. I thought we were talking about villains at their end-game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jotaro beating Dio was plain bullshit how it happened though. I don't think we can blame that on dio.

ninjewtsu posted:

So what the hell can DIO even do to him?"

Introduce him to Vanilla Ice.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ninjewtsu posted:

I only saw the anime, but what exactly was Joeseph's little trick?

Directing his own severed hand into Cars neck in the climatic moment where Cars is about to fly off and save himself.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ninjewtsu posted:

^^ And similarly, had Kars been around and kicking during the time of Phantom Blood, Dio would've gotten eaten. I thought we were talking about villains at their end-game

I'm not saying DIO would've walked right up to them and punched them in the face, also who cares I just want to see DIO as a fabulous harpy vampire.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
I think Joseph would beat Goku.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But can Joseph kill servants?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Joey Jo Jo would punk Dio hard.... in the 1930s. Dio with The World is only even touchable cuz Jotaro's punch man has the same ability. Plenty of other stand users could get Dio but certainly not Joseph, in his prime or not.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Listen, Jesus Christ was a JoJo and I'm claiming this fact as victory in perpetuity for all JoJos in all conflicts.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Jesus was actually a pillarman.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Do we ever get some good rear end narration about anyone but Johnathon being the Perfect Gentleman.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Listen, Jesus Christ was a JoJo and I'm claiming this fact as victory in perpetuity for all JoJos in all conflicts.

He went out like a chump tho.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Jesus was actually a pillarman.

As far as the non canon jorge joestar novel is concerned, Jesus was actually Dio

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I wouldn't call surviving crucifixion for 3 days getting "chumped"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He chose to die to redeem mankind, and also because dude doesn't really stay dead. Joshua bar Joseph did it his way :colbert:

e: Also Diego the Dinosaur is the best Dio.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pomp posted:

I wouldn't call surviving crucifixion for 3 days getting "chumped"

Jotaro would have gotten out.

• Locked thread