Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"Silent Rage" Andy Leavine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Didn't one of the guys end up with a brain tumor or something? Hopefully not from exposure to Tough Enough
If I recall correctly, Matt Cappotelli (won Tough Enough III with John Hennigan/Nitro/Morrison) was concussed during a match and it was only in the course of the hospitalization that his tumor was discovered.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
As much as I liked Stone Cold, having him pick the winner was a dumb idea. IIRC, Andy Leavine (the winner who had the awful "Silent Rage" gimmick on the show) got wellnessed, and since he wasn't at all what WWE looks for in talent they cut him loose shortly thereafter. I think there was also heat on him because this barely trained guy didn't sell the Stunner he got from Austin after he won.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TL posted:

As much as I liked Stone Cold, having him pick the winner was a dumb idea. IIRC, Andy Leavine (the winner who had the awful "Silent Rage" gimmick on the show) got wellnessed, and since he wasn't at all what WWE looks for in talent they cut him loose shortly thereafter. I think there was also heat on him because this barely trained guy didn't sell the Stunner he got from Austin after he won.

Lol all he had to do was lay on the loving ground. Trained to sell has nothing to do with it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The special guest teaching them how to sell that episode was John Cena.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol all he had to do was lay on the loving ground. Trained to sell has nothing to do with it
He also had to get up to take a slap from Vince afterwards. The whole affair was dumb.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

He also had to get up to take a slap from Vince afterwards. The whole affair was dumb.

the slap was first. Then he got stunned and was supposed to roll out of the ring and stay down until the break. Instead he rolled out to one knee and then got up all staggered or whatever and pissed everyone off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TL posted:

Andy was a ringer, he was the guy WWE wanted to win.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

TL posted:

They backed themselves into a corner kicking out Matt so early on because "if he was meant to make it, he would have already". Then the only other 2 promising people with talent got injured and they eventually whittled the cast down to Jeremiah, Luke, and Andy.

WWE was clearly pulling for Jeremiah before it became very apparent what an unbelievable risk he was in the ring. Then they were clearly pulling for Luke, who proved himself such a smug, unlikable dick that I don't think anybody on this planet wanted to see him win. Andy wasn't a better choice at all, because he was still obviously so very green, but especially given his sob story(and the fact that he was really the only one of the 3 last guys who even tried to appear likable) the crowd probably would have rioted if Luke had won.

Having said that if Luke did win Vince probably would have strapped a rocket to his rear end and given him a Miz push that exposed just how lovely and green he was and he probably would have been released about 2 months later after having an entire botchamania dedicated to him.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If current day Matt Cross was in tough enough, then I suspect he would've done much better. Guy is looking very "well" at the moment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LightsGameraAction posted:

They backed themselves into a corner kicking out Matt so early on because "if he was meant to make it, he would have already". Then the only other 2 promising people with talent got injured and they eventually whittled the cast down to Jeremiah, Luke, and Andy.

WWE was clearly pulling for Jeremiah before it became very apparent what an unbelievable risk he was in the ring. Then they were clearly pulling for Luke, who proved himself such a smug, unlikable dick that I don't think anybody on this planet wanted to see him win. Andy wasn't a better choice at all, because he was still obviously so very green, but especially given his sob story(and the fact that he was really the only one of the 3 last guys who even tried to appear likable) the crowd probably would have rioted if Luke had won.

Having said that if Luke did win Vince probably would have strapped a rocket to his rear end and given him a Miz push that exposed just how lovely and green he was and he probably would have been released about 2 months later after having an entire botchamania dedicated to him.

They always wanted Andy to win. He was one of their in house ringers.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

sportsgenius86 posted:

the slap was first. Then he got stunned and was supposed to roll out of the ring and stay down until the break. Instead he rolled out to one knee and then got up all staggered or whatever and pissed everyone off.

when I heard this from someone else on the forum he was yelled at for not selling the slap well enough in order to get up to take the Stunner then he was told to 'get out of there as soon as possible' beforehand so he got up to leave 'too fast' or something.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Who were the ringers who were injured? Anyone still in NXT or did they wash out?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Who were the ringers who were injured? Anyone still in NXT or did they wash out?

Ivelisse, who was the most promising potential diva on the whole show. She sprained her ankle and IIRC was willing to try and work through it as fast as possible to stay on the show but they cut her.

Then there was Martin, who was the most talented guy that didn't already have an established indy career. I think pretty much everyone was banking on him up until he got injured, which I recall being the week after Ivelisse got cut.

Also I had no idea Andy was a ringer, why would they pick such a terrible guy as a ringer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Silent Rage was awesome. I was hoping he'd get really mad and yell "I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO!" with tears in his eyes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRafTer posted:

They always wanted Andy to win. He was one of their in house ringers.

Yeah Andy was already signed to an FCW contract before the show began so he was signed regardless of what happened on the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LightsGameraAction posted:

Ivelisse, who was the most promising potential diva on the whole show. She sprained her ankle and IIRC was willing to try and work through it as fast as possible to stay on the show but they cut her.

Then there was Martin, who was the most talented guy that didn't already have an established indy career. I think pretty much everyone was banking on him up until he got injured, which I recall being the week after Ivelisse got cut.

Also I had no idea Andy was a ringer, why would they pick such a terrible guy as a ringer.

He was big which meant he had the "it factor" or whatever it was they kept saying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

He was big which meant he had the "it factor" or whatever it was they kept saying.

I thought the 'It' factor was dating an Oscar winner?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I thought "it factor" = big dude, and "blue chipper" = ex football player or 2nd/3rd generation.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, Vader's twitter either got hacked or he's just feeling kinda horny today.

https://twitter.com/itsvadertime/status/512067428004536320

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MassRafTer posted:

Andy was a ringer, he was the guy WWE wanted to win.

Whoever won or loss had nothing to do with getting hired. See Cameron losing on the show, making Stone Cold give us an awesome face, ("Melina vs Alicia Fox"), yet ultimately get hired, and become a Diva.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whoever won or loss had nothing to do with getting hired. See Cameron losing on the show, making Stone Cold give us an awesome face, ("Melina vs Alicia Fox"), yet ultimately get hired, and become a Diva.

He didn't need to get hired, he already was. He was just the one they wanted to make a star due to bigness.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

MRT is saying that Andy was already in developmental along with Christina Crawford, who is Alicia Fox's sister.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

:stare:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DM Punk posted:

Vader's account is what I imagine my redneck stepfather would be like if he discovered twitter.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
That's pretty much my dad's IM feed right there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's really bad and he deserved to get chewed out.

He sold the slap fine. He sold the Stunner... well enough. He wasn't going to bounce around like the Rock, but for an inexperienced guy getting hit with the move for maybe the first time ever, it was a good try. He lays on the side of the ring, where Austin drops the Tough Enough title belt onto him. So far so good.

Then Andy rolls to the outside and falls to his knee. He goes from selling the move to badly pretending he's drunk. He quickly becomes less hurt and more slightly dizzy. Then from outside the ring he reaches over and shakes Austin's hand to thank him before walking to the back, no longer showing any effects. All of this in maybe half a minute.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ivelisse not getting picked up by WWE is hecka dumb. She's like top 5 female talent in the US and top 10 in the world.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Ivelisse not getting picked up by WWE is hecka dumb. She's like top 5 female talent in the US and top 10 in the world.

Didn't she have an attitude issue or something?

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Wow, that's an interesting tattoo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Wow, that's an interesting tattoo.

its a lotus flower now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

And then attitude issues in AAA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

She has CM Punk attitude issues as far as I know. She's good with fans but will not hesitate to call your rear end out on the carpet if she feels disrespected. She'd do better in the current developmental program than before.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

DM Punk posted:

Mark it as :nws: ? Thanks there buddy.

Just to make sure of future bs, yes, I realize the text implies NSFW but text and a picture aren't the same thing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

call your rear end out on the carpet if she feels disrespected.

pishing

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

From Emma's twitter to you: http://instagram.com/p/tDG7zOCZRy/

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Literally, their careers boiled down to a 10 second instagram video.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/512268973304737792

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

hahahaha wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

AJ Styles hatred of TNA is one the feel good stories of 2014.