Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Finndo posted:

As the season opened with a montage, I had this brief, amusing thought that they were, in fact, trolling this thread.

I'm surprised there wasn't an extensive voice over where Jax waxes philosophical about his role as protector (serial killer) of the club. In reality Jax's diary would sound something like this: "9:55am killed another darkie. Had coffee and whisky. Ready to start the day now."

Marilyn Manson white supremacist was like the cherry on top.

When Gemma started talking to buff asian dude I had a pretty good idea of what was coming too. From that point onward I couldn't stop snickering. It's just so over the top and predictable in its horribleness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
SoA: The Final Season

Jax gets to the bottom of Marilyn Manson's missing eyebrows.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I hope we at least get 9 or so good double cross mass murders to keep pace with last season.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
Holy crap, no music montage to start us off?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

JaddaCaddra posted:

Holy crap, no music montage to start us off?

That means we'll get two to end the show!

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

That means we'll get two to end the show!

Or maybe a few in the middle of the episode, just enough to destroy the already crappy pacing!

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
Well that was a conversation

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Is Happy going to BREAK BAD? :downs:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Ya know, if the Chinese had actually killed Tara, wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose to keep Jax in the dark? Why doesn't anyone ever bring this up?

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
Shouldn't she be called "Tara Knowles"? Or did we forget that she married Jax in season five? I dunno, maybe divorce proceedings made that happen, but I thought for sure you actually had to divorce before reverting to the surname. Unless she didn't take Jax's name. I don't even know.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Juice going from a super-hacker to being basically a child actually makes sense

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

lol

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
They dragged poor Annabeth Gish into this?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Tailored Sauce posted:

They dragged poor Annabeth Gish into this?

I don't know, Season 1 of The Bridge might have been a worse punishment.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

First buttrock chase scene of the new season :toot:

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
Am I the only one that wishes they got Cheech Marin to be a Mayan? It wouldn't be the most ridiculous casting choice they made, and it would at least guarantee a few laughs. It's Cheech Marin in a biker gang for god's sake.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JaddaCaddra posted:

Am I the only one that wishes they got Cheech Marin to be a Mayan? It wouldn't be the most ridiculous casting choice they made, and it would at least guarantee a few laughs. It's Cheech Marin in a biker gang for god's sake.

It would be George Lopez in a dramatic turn because Kurt Sutter.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would be George Lopez Zimmerman in a dramatic turn because Kurt Sutter.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Juice is gonna die. That couldn't have been more obvious foreshadowing.

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
drat you Obama :argh:

Juice you dumbass

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Goodbye scumbags

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Sons of Anarchy: Were framing everyone else this season

Alternately, Sons of Anarchy: Hide your families, because they're gonna end up dead

crazycarl fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 17, 2014

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Wow, only half a page for the episode. Too lovely to even hatewatch.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is the kid who plays Abel loving animatronic or something? What is with that kid??

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

is the kid who plays Abel loving animatronic or something? What is with that kid??

His parents or whoever takes care of him have clearly been letting him get away with mumbling too often. Not a good habit to get little kids into.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Hey, for real that scene was loving amazing. It works because on one hand it makes us hate Gemma more. On the other hand, the delivery makes that kid seem more suspicious of Gemma during this entire series outside of Uncer and his dead mother. That kid is gonna be a star in 30 years. We just saw Leo DiCaprio 2.0 right there in that scene, mark my word.

That kid is TRULY Jax Teller's son

"Were you there when Mommy went to Heaven? How do you know that's where she went? Are you ok Grandma?"

Kid is how old? Already he's getting to the bottom of things faster than his dad and taking it to the table next. He's gonna be running that pre-school the next time we see him there, w/ slow, methodical shots going around the table while the kids color, much the same way that SOA take those overblown, obnoxious votes during the show's dramatic moments.

Abel Teller will be running SAMCRO one day. It's destiny!

Dead Snoopy fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 17, 2014

Vaall
Sep 17, 2014
What was the significance behind the shotgun Jax looks at in the van before they own the chinese and when the old guy/president of the different SoA chapter looks at the same shotgun before picking it up after finding his two boys dead at the end? I missed it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ok serious question, what is going on?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Vaall posted:

What was the significance behind the shotgun Jax looks at in the van before they own the chinese and when the old guy/president of the different SoA chapter looks at the same shotgun before picking it up after finding his two boys dead at the end? I missed it.

CODChimera posted:

Ok serious question, what is going on?

My interpretation: Jury [head of Indian Hills, longtime friend of The Tellers] brought in some muscle that wasn't even prospecting, let alone patched in for the Chinese job. Jax recognizes they're loose ends and moves to clean them up,and making them scapegoats when he speculates Lin will need someone to blame. They have no official affiliations ao they're perfect.

Both Jury and Jax have a passing regard for the shotgun Jax loads w/ the drugs after the job. He leaves both behind w/ their dead bodies and Jury, seeing this, comes to the realization that Jax is behind the setup of them as scapegoats.

Jury takes it hard for unknown reasons. Two possibilities. First, is that he's always had a questionable stomach for the real rough stuff and that's even referenced in the first season when Clay patches them over. Second, Jury possibly involved family unbeknownst to the club and Jax, unaware of this, has inadvertently murdered Jury's loved ones, possibly nephews but more likely sons, thus explaining the juxtaposition of Jax laying down w/ his boys and crying for the loss of their mother while Jury weeps for the loss of his own kin.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Maybe I missed it, but why did Juice even tie up Unser? Last episode he had him at gunpoint, and then this episode he was tied up by Juice in a bathtub. Then Juice grabs a knife and cuts him loose. Did Juice need to "think things over"? Unser didn't even know Juice was hiding out.

We're two episodes in, what exactly is this season about? I've just seen the Sons go around and kill random people so far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Did anyone of note die? I mean, I know 'of note' really doesn't apply to anyone but Chibs, but you know what I mean. I'll watch the episode eventually, but right now, REwatching House of Cards is a way better use of my tv time.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Tailored Sauce posted:

We're two episodes in, what exactly is this season about? I've just seen the Sons go around and kill random people so far.

So far it's just about Jax getting revenge on who he thinks is responsible for Tara's death. I have a sinking feeling the focus is going to change to The Redemption of Gemma before too much longer.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
The whole thing with Jax getting revenge is The Shield, Except Bad.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Dead Snoopy posted:

Jury takes it hard for unknown reasons. Two possibilities. First, is that he's always had a questionable stomach for the real rough stuff and that's even referenced in the first season when Clay patches them over. Second, Jury possibly involved family unbeknownst to the club and Jax, unaware of this, has inadvertently murdered Jury's loved ones, possibly nephews but more likely sons, thus explaining the juxtaposition of Jax laying down w/ his boys and crying for the loss of their mother while Jury weeps for the loss of his own kin.

Which would be infinitely more effective — even on this show — if we had seen Jury since the fourth episode of season 1 (which aired six years ago next week, but who's counting)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

Which would be infinitely more effective — even on this show — if we had seen Jury since the fourth episode of season 1 (which aired six years ago next week, but who's counting)

Yeah, but in the timeline of the show, it's only been what, a month and a half since then?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

LobsterMobster posted:

Yeah, but in the timeline of the show, it's only been what, a month and a half since then?

15 and a half months, counting the prison sentence between seasons 3 and 4 (but yeah, point taken).

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
More and more, watching this show is like watching somebody play Grand Theft Auto.

<<Follow the Delivery Truck. Don't get too close!>>

<<Drive to Hwy 201>>

<<Kill the Chinese>>

<<Chase the Delivery Truck!>>

<<Stupid Cut Scene Where Assholes Say Gibberish to Each Other>>

<<Drive Wendy to the Preschool.>>

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I kind of half watched the first couple episodes while playing video games and it did seem like the Sons were just going from place to place killing people for reasons I couldn't figure out. I assumed that was just because I wasn't paying full attention but according to this thread apparently not.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

The entire show is based on people having zero communication skills.

"These are just some dudes I use for muscle", instead of, "These people are either very close to me, or possibly related to me, which is why I like and trust them!" would probably have ensured that Jax didn't murder them!

Edit: vvvvv tbh I laughed at the Ratboy/Tig back and forth

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Dead Snoopy posted:

Hey, for real that scene was loving amazing. It works because on one hand it makes us hate Gemma more. On the other hand, the delivery makes that kid seem more suspicious of Gemma during this entire series outside of Uncer and his dead mother. That kid is gonna be a star in 30 years. We just saw Leo DiCaprio 2.0 right there in that scene, mark my word.

That kid is TRULY Jax Teller's son

"Were you there when Mommy went to Heaven? How do you know that's where she went? Are you ok Grandma?"

Kid is how old? Already he's getting to the bottom of things faster than his dad and taking it to the table next. He's gonna be running that pre-school the next time we see him there, w/ slow, methodical shots going around the table while the kids color, much the same way that SOA take those overblown, obnoxious votes during the show's dramatic moments.

Abel Teller will be running SAMCRO one day. It's destiny!

Perhaps the strongest argument that Abel's not actually Jax's kid - he has succeeded in 2 scenes what his Jax has yet to accomplish. Patch him in, gang!

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

More and more, watching this show is like watching somebody play Grand Theft Auto.

<<Follow the Delivery Truck. Don't get too close!>>

<<Drive to Hwy 201>>

<<Kill the Chinese>>

<<Chase the Delivery Truck!>>

<<Stupid Cut Scene Where Assholes Say Gibberish to Each Other>>

<<Drive Wendy to the Preschool.>>

Suddenly it all makes so much more sense. :aaa:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread