Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I forget, who did Tate cuck?

the joke was russell wilsons wife, and that's why they got divorced and tate left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I forget, who did Tate cuck?

One Russell Wilson.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Volkerball posted:

the joke was russell wilsons wife, and that's why they got divorced and tate left.

"joke"

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I wish I could find that thread from the 2012 season where Febreze and Gendo made all those Russell Wilson's wife gifs. They were incredible.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This was awhile back, but I wanted to show some respect for the all the virgins out there

Thanks, babe

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Even former Packer big Poppi thinks Dom Capers has his defense set up all wrong:

quote:

Rob Demovsky ✔ @RobDemovsky
MM on Clay Matthews' role: You have an exceptional player. When you line him up in the same spot every time, you help the offense. #Packers

quote:

Brady poppinga @BradyPoppinga
@RobDemovsky U actually help the offense by putting Clay off the ball reading & reacting instead on LOS attacking. #PackersD

quote:

Brady poppinga @BradyPoppinga
Right now on the defensive side of the ball in GB, they are out thinking themselves like no other. #unleash @ClayMatthews52 and j.peppers

Dammit, Dom.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Intruder posted:

But garlic butter...

melt some butter, put garlic in it, and stop supporting shithead Papa John.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

But garlic butter...

Yeah the fact that it's terrible before dipping it in a bunch of disgusting garlic butter isn't really helping the argument

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fall 30 for 30 docs announced

quote:

The “Playing for the Mob” debut on October 7 will be immediately followed by a special premiere of a new 30 for 30 Short titled “The Great Trade Robbery,” directed by Stu Zicherman. Launching on Grantland the next day, this short film is a first-person account by Jimmy Johnson of arguably the most significant trade in NFL history—when the Dallas Cowboys built their Super Bowl dynasty 25 years ago by sending star running back Herschel Walker to the Minnesota Vikings.

yessssssssss

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

yessssssssss

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

Even former Packer big Poppi thinks Dom Capers has his defense set up all wrong:

Dammit, Dom.

Why is he an authority again?

Butthead
May 31, 2011

BobbyK posted:

Why is he an authority again?

Because anyone could use the Packers personnel better than Dom Capers is using them right now. They have the players to be a top 10 defense.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Do you really, though?

Butthead
May 31, 2011
The players are there. They'll never reach their potential if Clay Mathews lines up as MLB, Julius Peppers plays zone coverage, and A.J. Hawk acts as a defensive tackle though.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Chris James 2 posted:

yessssssssss

when do we get the 30 for 30 on ryan leaf? not that i'll be able to watch it unless it's peeking through my fingers in the :cripes: pose and stopping it every 10 minutes like a horrifying cringe-comedy

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chris James 2 posted:

yessssssssss

Huh, this one looks interesting too (if non-football):

quote:

The upcoming slate will kick off with “Playing for the Mob,” which delves into how mobster Henry Hill once helped orchestrate the fixing of Boston College basketball games. The film is narrated by actor Ray Liotta, who played Hill in the iconic movie “Goodfellas.”

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Butthead posted:

The players are there. They'll never reach their potential if Clay Mathews lines up as MLB, Julius Peppers plays zone coverage, and A.J. Hawk acts as a defensive tackle though.

They won't do it with Peppers as a DE or Hawk as a LB either tho

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PFF tries to explain how Tannehill is the #3 QB in their ratings:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/17/analysis-notebook-week-2-3/

Butthead
May 31, 2011

DangerKat posted:

I don't see why they can't be. A.J. Hawk was a piece of a top 10 defense before. Not everyone on the field has to be a star, they just have to do the job they've been training to do.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
"The Pro Football Hall of Fame's selection process for the Class of 2015 has officially begun. The 46-person committee has compiled an initial list of 113 modern-era nominees who will be evaluated for their achievements and legacies. The top 25 modern-era nominees will be selected from the initial list and revealed in mid-October."

So get ready for some worthless bickering!!! The list is here: http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2014/9/16/modern-era-nominees-for-class-of-2015/

Warner and Seau are easily getting in.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

They should do one where Ben Hartsock was their #1 TE of 2013 despite not catching a pass.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Go Will Shields...again :(

Seems like Torry Holt should make it in, he didn't celebrate too much so the HOF committee should love him and he was pretty damned amazing for 6 or 7 years.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Butthead posted:

I don't see why they can't be. A.J. Hawk was a piece of a top 10 defense before. Not everyone on the field has to be a star, they just have to do the job they've been training to do.

Because you are a butthead, obv

Also because the talent pool in the Packers defense is pretty much at its lowest since days of Ahmad Carroll, starting CB. AJ Hawk is not in the good part of that talent pool.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Butthead posted:

Because anyone could use the Packers personnel better than Dom Capers is using them right now. They have the players to be a top 10 defense.

Don't know if they have the players to be a top 10 defense but a scheme change did do wonders when Capers originally came to town with the same players (moving from 22 to 7th overall from 2008 to 2009 and then up to number 2 in 2010). Not that Packers fans haven't been calling for Capers' head the last couple of years...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

Quick PFF explain away how once the ball goes more than 15 yards in the air, it can land literally anywhere on the field.

I like PFF for some stuff but they developed a formula and refuse to go back on it when it's patently wrong.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I like PFF for some stuff but they developed a formula and refuse to go back on it when it's patently wrong.
Their ratings aren't actually formula based; it's some dude assigned to the game grading each play with a positive/negative based on what he believes their assignment to be. I like their actual statistics but the aggregate player ratings are usually pretty wonk.

QBR is equally subjective so this was pretty funny.

quote:

@greggrosenthal
Ryan Tannehill is 34th out of 35 in QBR. And 2nd QB overall in @PFF.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Riley Cooper is currently PFF's overall lowest graded wide receiver in the entire league: 111th out of 111 receivers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I missed the Brady/Manning race chat a bit, but in response to Tom's over 5 second 40 time, Drew Bledsoe ran a 4.87.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

yessssssssss

:smithicide:

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

euphronius posted:

Riley Cooper is currently PFF's overall lowest graded wide receiver in the entire league: 111th out of 111 receivers.

Seems legit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Jason Verrett owns

Can someone explain to me what NFL Rating is and why Josh Robinson is the only one with a zero? Normally I would assume it's because he's terrible but this seems to be a ranking of how good people are.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DangerKat posted:

Because you are a butthead, obv

Also because the talent pool in the Packers defense is pretty much at its lowest since days of Ahmad Carroll, starting CB. AJ Hawk is not in the good part of that talent pool.

Other than DL the Packers have plenty of talent. Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, and Casey Hayward are a top 10 (closer to 10) squad of corners, Clinton-Dix has been performing well for a rookie, and there's Matthews and Peppers at linebacker. It's very obviously not the Seattle Seahawks, but the 00s Packers didn't have anywhere near this amount of talent, and it's being embarrassingly misused by Capers.

In particular the run defense has been atrocious.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone explain to me what NFL Rating is and why Josh Robinson is the only one with a zero? Normally I would assume it's because he's terrible but this seems to be a ranking of how good people are.
NFL Rating is the quarterback rating of those throwing into his coverage thus far. He's been targeted a whopping 4 times so it's an essentially meaningless small sample size.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I assume it's passer rating of some sort given that if I'm reading it right opposing QBs are 1/4 for 7 yards and 1 INT targeting him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

NFL Rating is the quarterback rating of those throwing into his coverage thus far. He's been targeted a whopping 4 times so it's an essentially meaningless small sample size.

Yup.

All a super low one can really tell you is the guy caught an int or two at this point due to how the passer rating formula works.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DangerKat posted:

Is Hawk really that bad? He gets an awful lot of press for seeming to be that bad.

Dey Yah
Dec 18, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Is Hawk really that bad? He gets an awful lot of press for seeming to be that bad.

He's been a decent-enough starter for a while. I think people tend to act like he sucks because he was drafted like #6 overall or something, when he plays more like a decent 2nd-3rd rounder.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chilichimp posted:

He bones Brady Quinn's sister, the result of which was an awful half OSU half ND jersey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@josephperson
League source confirms #Panthers in discussions w/ league about putting Greg Hardy on commissioner's exempt list, a la Peterson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Once the commissioner has gained enough players, he'll unveil his master plan of becoming the 33rd owner.

• Locked thread