Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

ruddiger posted:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3311752/13-mgmfox-horror-films-set-release-time-halloween/

MGM's doing alt covers for some of their horror titles for Halloween, and while most of them are pretty lovely

Silence of the Lambs has such a great, iconic poster... why would anybody even bother making that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That Misery one is absolute poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

I watched this the other night. I think it peaked with Ginty in a battle royale with the Truckers, the Punks, the StreetwalkersAmazons, the NazisMilitary Renactors, and the inexplicable Martial Artist gang, complete with black belts, headbands, and shirtless dogi.

Also, the fight with Megaweapon was WEAKKKKK, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it's awful-someness.

One thing I've never understood about the movie was the inexplicable super advanced civilization that does pretty much nothing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

One thing I've never understood about the movie was the inexplicable super advanced civilization that does pretty much nothing.

Yeah, the Elders just seem to sit back and let a bunch of their khaki-uniformed dudes do all the work. No wonder Fred Williamson (can't believe I'm doing this for a thirty year old movie)switches sides. That is, if the New Way was just really some scheme by Donald Pleasence to outsource the work and bring on to the Marginals to replace the ineffective Omega militia.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The one thing that people who know about Teen Wolf, but haven't seen it, is the extra in one scene who whips his dick out.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 16, 2014

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I kind of want the killer Klowns from outer space.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's a variant of this on a billboard near our house - the first time my gal and I saw it, we started laughing at how outrageously lovely and low-rent it is. Even my mother-in-law, who basically eats cultural garbage all day, referred to it as "cochino", which is the Spanish word for "pig" and basically means gross and dirty.

The girls who are doing internship with me were laughing at how lovely it was, and then we started to rant because we were sure who ever did that was an important person's cousin/child/godson/nephew. eh. Viva Mexico.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This fall, discover a miserable pile of secrets.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like that Species one. It looks like a cheesy 50's poster.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

kiimo posted:

That is awesome. I'm sure Michael J. Fox isn't terribly excited about it since he hates that movie.
I bet it has something to with the makeup.

I dig the Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but that Return of the Living Dead one is poo poo.

Also I searched for a Mondo of Dawn of the Dead and holy poo poo I wish I hadn't

Just stuff all the unique zombies in there and not even show the mall, no just show the hillside behind the parklot and the strip mall with the guitar shop that used to be an old Discovery Zone. Yeah that's iconic!

AHahaha it even has the zombie getting a pie in the face from some unknown assailant!

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 16, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Just to get the obvious observation out of the way...

I honestly wonder if the resemblance was intentional or if it was just a complete coincidence.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The MSJ posted:

This fall, discover a miserable pile of secrets.

I doubt it will be as great as Dracula being Judas.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The Amityville Horror, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and Last House on the Left ones are really loving good honestly.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

Also I searched for a Mondo of Dawn of the Dead and holy poo poo I wish I hadn't

Just stuff all the unique zombies in there and not even show the mall, no just show the hillside behind the parklot and the strip mall with the guitar shop that used to be an old Discovery Zone. Yeah that's iconic!

AHahaha it even has the zombie getting a pie in the face from some unknown assailant!

I have really grown to hate Tyler Stout's work. Just loud, unimaginative pieces of poo poo... It doesn't help the movies he covers usually have great official posters.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
He's pretty much what people are picturing when they say "I hate Mondo"

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Mini-Post: "You Called it WHAT?" Edition.

Rated "eh".

Even John Vernon had to pay his rent.

I'm sure she had a lovely personality.

Umm.. Bangarang?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Starring Rupert Murdoch as Hunter S Thompson.

This is great, where can I find a copy?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

How about some Interstellar

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I know having the star's face on the poster is what everyone does now, but I think it'd look better if the helmet's window was reflective or something.

Otherwise I kind of dig that poster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ThatPazuzu posted:

I know having the star's face on the poster is what everyone does now, but I think it'd look better if the helmet's window was reflective or something.

Yeah I agree, it kind of looks like he's photoshopped in there.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Your head is connected to a fuse, hotshot, what do you do

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ThatPazuzu posted:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Nckdictator posted:

Just watched Witchfinder General and now I feel dirty.

I've never seen this before and now I have to watch it.

I also find more poo poo the watch in this thread then any other.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

You can find this pretty freely on the internet but don't try to watch it at work as it's full on loving in the first scene. It's not softcore 80's fun.

sbaldrick fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 16, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rawillkill posted:

How about some Interstellar
Was the movie partly filmed in Iceland? That looks like it could be a real scene from winter there.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Simple, but pretty awesome.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

No he specifically said he wasn't happy with either his performance or how the movie turned out, hence the recast in the sequel.

Just in case anybody isn't old enough to remember Teen Wolf was a bad movie that enough people went to see that they made a sequel and it isn't good but nostalgic as hell so we remember it fondly.

I recently re-watched Pretty in Pink because my gf had never seen it and in case you aren't aware it is total garbage with a great soundtrack.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Distorted Kiwi posted:

The star's name is literally pussy/oval office in Russian :allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The TCM2 one would be okay if there wasn't already this beauty..

Also, if you've ever seen the original Last House, anybody trying to make something remotely classy for it is hilarious.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The TCM2 one does that lovely "trace over the actors face and put some photoshop filters on it, done" thing that a lot of Mondo posters do. I like the concept of it, but the execution sucks, and yeah, the original Breakfast Club poster for it is the best one.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Return of the Living Dead one should've been a recreation of the punk girl grave dancing scene, composed in a reverse shot through her legs like the 007 For Your Eyes Only poster, with the rest of the punks watching and the zombies coming up behind 'em.

I wish I could draw. I'm inspired.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just a few posters found over the weekend.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Does anyone know if it's possible to get knockoff Mondo posters? I really want the Dredd poster they did but I'll be god loving damned if I'm paying close to 200 dollars for it on ebay. :stare:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get knockoff Mondo posters? I really want the Dredd poster they did but I'll be god loving damned if I'm paying close to 200 dollars for it on ebay. :stare:

You can print your own, I suppose.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love this poster. I love this movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

The TCM2 one would be okay if there wasn't already this beauty..

Also, if you've ever seen the original Last House, anybody trying to make something remotely classy for it is hilarious.

And for the 2 people left in the world who don't get the reference

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Dig this groovy poo poo.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Dick Trauma posted:

Dig this groovy poo poo.

The weirdest thing about this movie is that it's more of a jumbled mess than the title.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

wyoming posted:

The weirdest thing about this movie is that it's more of a jumbled mess than the title.

It's barely a movie, it's a crappy variety show with some movie bits shoved in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The setup given on this poster makes it seem like some sort of hilarious romp involving a mysterious sex guru or something----NOPE. It's Death Wish, but with loving.