Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Samba De Amigo posted:

Ultima Hard Mode, 3rd set of Aetheric Boom.

Tank limit break is the most niche and least used limit break unfortunately, considering how cool Last Bastion looks. You can consider using it in some content if your group has somehow horribly gone to hell in a handbasket, but even then ideally you won't find yourself in those situations.

I've popped it before during the final boss of Tam Tara Hard and Garuda when the towers have gotten hosed up. :shobon: Also to troll completely atrocious/rear end in a top hat pubbies in duty finder stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I've used the Healer LB a grand total of once, and that was to salvage a horribly tanked Aiatar fight.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

We pop it after every T7 wipe.

I see a lot of Healing Wind.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Crown Face posted:

Are White Mages inherently ragey/terrible in this game or have I just had bad luck?

You are getting a really bad sample set, most WHMs know their role as a glorified life bar monitor that isn't supposed to steal aggro and needs to dodge hurty floors. Take an FC WHM next time?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Alakaiser posted:

If you're in a 4-person dungeon and your composition is Tank/Healer/Bard/Bard you should all be fighting to use your limit break first, honestly.

I've never understood why bards got the healer LB.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Jedi425 posted:

We usually pull Melusine/Avatar with caster LB2 when we have it up following a wipe for some free damage.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Flavor -- bards summoning down huge meteors and poo poo doesn't make sense. Not as much sense as a dragoon spinning around a huge aetheric sword, anyway.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Because ~reasons~ :parrot:

CrimsonObserver
May 24, 2012

Alakaiser posted:

If you're in a 4-person dungeon and your composition is Tank/Healer/Bard/Bard you should all be fighting to use your limit break first, honestly.

I think I would rather eat the 30 minute time out before suffering all the way through a dungeon in such a circumstance.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
because bards are the lamest dps and we don't deserve to have a proper dps lb :smith:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Because that one time your CT/ST group decides to do something really dumb (read: every time if you're playing with good people) you can pretend to be a hero!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Re: Jenova housing availability - there are small lots available in the old wards of every housing district. Mostly in the Goblet but a good number in Lavendar Beds and Mist also. Seriously come buy our houses.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

CrimsonObserver posted:

I think I would rather eat the 30 minute time out before suffering all the way through a dungeon in such a circumstance.

How weak-willed. Hell is doing Castrum with tank/tank/healer/healer/bard/bard/bard/bard.

Or Titan Hard.

Duty finder hates me and I accept its ice cold embrace with open arms.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Jedi425 posted:

The spirit of Ioneska vs Taresh limit break spam will last long after we both are dead due to ritual suicide

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fister Roboto posted:

Depends on the fight. If you're learning a fight and your main tank is a paladin, it's probably a good idea to keep Storm's Path up. The debuff reduces ALL damage the target does, and also stacks with Rage of Halone's debuff. A good example is Titan or T6, who both do a ton of unavoidable raid-wide damage regularly. Basically what it's going to come down to is picking two priorities out of threat, survivability, and damage, and using the corresponding combos.

For threat and survivability, do Block and Path.
For threat and damage, do Block and Eye.
For survivability and damage, do Eye and Path.

And of course, adjust as the situation demands.

Pfaugh, you're a Warrior, be a man, do the right thing and Block, Path, *and* Eye! =P

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Do what I do. Spam overpower and blame the dps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One time in moggle EX a bard was in the process of rezzing when the boss enraged and we all died to memento moogle. The bard survived due to invincibility, popped healer LB, and we won easily because the castbar is loooooooooong for the second memento moogle.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

update on the controller thing from here

quote:

I’d like to report on the current status of the investigation of this issue.

We’ve identified the code causing the bug and as an emergency fix we will be reverting back to the previous version of the code, but we are currently checking to make sure that doing this will not cause other bugs to arise.

The cause was a latent bug with the formula that determines the threshold value for switching between running and walking, and we edited the program so that issues would not arise when adding new features in the future; however, the issue at hand arose as a by-product.

Currently, we’re performing checks and as long as there are no new bugs we expect to release an emergency patch tomorrow. Once everything has been confirmed we will be making an official announcement about the timing of the patch.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Re: Jenova housing availability - there are small lots available in the old wards of every housing district. Mostly in the Goblet but a good number in Lavendar Beds and Mist also. Seriously come buy our houses.

i figured out the mystery behind why i couldn't transfer, and i am coming there tonight! hopefully i can snag a small plot in the lavender beds.

CrimsonObserver
May 24, 2012

Alakaiser posted:

How weak-willed. Hell is doing Castrum with tank/tank/healer/healer/bard/bard/bard/bard.

Or Titan Hard.

Duty finder hates me and I accept its ice cold embrace with open arms.

And thus ends the story of why I don't do storymode roulette anymore.

Interestingly enough I would gladly welcome a 5 bard Syrcus Tower party and take bets on which one secretly mains a dragoon.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

CrimsonObserver posted:

Interestingly enough I would gladly welcome a 5 bard Syrcus Tower party and take bets on which one secretly mains a dragoon.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Why do Dragoons seem to get such a bad rap? Is it the class itself, or simply the players it attracts?

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Heeeeeey I remember that. Hahaha.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

wisdomHNOX posted:

Why do Dragoons seem to get such a bad rap? Is it the class itself, or simply the players it attracts?

In my experience, it's mostly the players it attracts. It is a good class (or it was, I don't know how they perform in Coil 2, having never set foot in there, so maybe they're total garbage now!) but the players are awful; standing in the Bad Stuff, not using any of their abilities properly, not using important abilities at all, running ahead of the tank, etc., etc. Dunno why.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

wisdomHNOX posted:

No idea, but they had the same rep in XI so maybe some of it comes from old players of that game?

I think they seem kinda cool in this game and want to give the class a shot one of these days.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

With that said, don't let the bad rep get to you. If you learn how to play it even half-decently? You'll probably get commendations all over the place. :v:

Not that those mean much, but DRG is fun as hell. It just attracts some real dumbasses.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Dragoons are the hunters of the FF mmo universe

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So apparantly if you don't know the e-mail you have your account hooked up to (because you had to make a new one because your old one wouldn't work for some reason) square customer support is completely useless and unable to get your your account back.

I can answer literally any question you give me, my name, my birth day, my credit card info, I have hundreds of ways to prove that I'm the owner of the account but because I can't come up with whatever random number/letter configuration I used for an e-mail address I'm just totally hosed. Welp.

Rip.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
DRG suffers from three major pitfalls: Big Number Syndrome, being melee, and having less magic defense than any other class. Big numbers means it draws a lot of players (many bads), being melee means that its harder to dodge aoes than ranged in most cases, and having less magic defense means most of those aoes hit harder.

EDIT: That's not to say its a bad class in the slightest, it just happens to draw a lot of bad players and the classes weaknesses are exacerbated by bad play.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

wisdomHNOX posted:

It's the class. Dragoons have the lowest magic defense in the game. All 4 of the jumps animation lock you to varying degrees and mistiming them will get you stuck in all sorts of AE's and killed. They lowered the animation lock significantly in 2.1 but the reputation was already earned by then and honestly, mistiming your jumps now will still get you killed. You just have a little more wiggle room.

Edit: I don't really think drg is either very popular or prone to attracting idiots frankly. Jump is just a very good suicide button that anyone who doesn't think about what the boss is about to do (i.e. a majority of players) will push at exactly the right time to get splattered. If other classes had to deal with animation locks I am certain they would die just as often.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 17, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Agent355 posted:

So apparantly if you don't know the e-mail you have your account hooked up to (because you had to make a new one because your old one wouldn't work for some reason) square customer support is completely useless and unable to get your your account back.

I can answer literally any question you give me, my name, my birth day, my credit card info, I have hundreds of ways to prove that I'm the owner of the account but because I can't come up with whatever random number/letter configuration I used for an e-mail address I'm just totally hosed. Welp.

Rip.

Yep, dealt with the same thing a week ago when I was interested in coming back.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I as a DRG was the only non-tank who could just straight up survive double meteor stream when my static started learning T9 a week ago. Suck it other DPS.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I can survive Double Meteor Stream as a BRD if I use Second Wind and Keen Flurry. :smug:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Baram posted:

Yep, dealt with the same thing a week ago when I was interested in coming back.

It's ridiculous. What sort of customer support doesn't have more than one way of verifying your identity. I can't think of anyway to find my old e-mail so as far as I know I'm just completely poo poo out of luck.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Agent355 posted:

Rip.

Mainly I'm just curious how you manage to not know your email account. Do you usually make randomly-generated mailboxes or something?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I played FFXI back in the day, which is on the squeenix account that is attached to my main e-mail that I use all the time. When I went to play FFXIV I couldn't get into that account and for whatever reason I couldn't recover the password. So I made a new account to hook FFXIV up to. It was easier than trying to recover my old squeenix account. Now of course it's causing problems.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I as a DRG was the only non-tank who could just straight up survive double meteor stream when my static started learning T9 a week ago. Suck it other DPS.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I think it's because it makes slightly more sense than them having the melee or mage LB. Maybe this will change if/when they introduce class-unique LBs.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I haven't seen this posted yet, but FFXIV is coming to South Korea.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/16/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-headed-korea/

It's being published by Actoz Soft.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dragoon does attract a lot of lovely players and the class requires some work to do well, so it's natural that you're going to see more lovely dragoons than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet, but FFXIV is coming to South Korea.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/16/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-headed-korea/

It's being published by Actoz Soft.

You know, I've always wondered if the reason why so few Asian MMOs make it across the pond is because of a lack of any kind of "you must partner with a native business if you want to sell your game here" regulations.

Time to hit up Google and see what Actoz Soft has done in the past.

• Locked thread